Author Topic: Alice in the Country Of....Cosplay 2014  (Read 4623 times)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Alice in the Country Of....Cosplay 2014
« on: January 15, 2014, 06:04:39 pm »
Not sure how many people even KNOW about this series, since it's all wacky and all over the place with itself, but so far I have liked it.
I plan on doing this dress:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/RazorXCore_2006/alice_zps0357a7ee.jpg
So far I have heard it being called the "Poker" dress and the "Card" dress, but Poker seems more common.

I will be starting this either right after Sakuracon, or before if I get extra money. It's gonna be a fairly simple cosplay to make, save for the annoying sleeves and the card suit symbols, but eh..Good thing I have shoes that will work if I paint them, and I already made the majority of the hat..

Offline Ryo~T.B

• Sailor Scout
    • Twitter
Re: Alice in the Country Of....Cosplay 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 07:34:45 pm »
Ohhhh I really wanna cosplay Boris!!!♥
--------------------------------
You. Ya, you. Hi. Have a nice day. You're beautiful inside and out. ( ^ω^) 🐼

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 08:25:45 pm »
DOOOOOO IIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Idk..Boris is the MAIN one I see.. Kinda get's old to see..But still..Next year, if all this group talk I have with some people works out, we will more then likely have that goin on. You are welcome to come play with us if that happens

Offline Ryo~T.B

• Sailor Scout
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 09:41:02 pm »
Hahaha but I loveeeee him~ And ok, sounds fun :)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 09:46:17 pm »
Sweetness. Again, it probably won't happen till next year about the group stuff, But I DO plan on finishing Alice for this coming Kumori. I already have the pattern, and i am about done with the hat (Just need 2 fake roses for the front, paint on the symbols, and put the strap on it) and I have shoes I can paint (they are pink now, but exactly what I would need in style). then I need to figure out the leggings..I have yet to see an actual pic of her legs in this outfit, so I have no idea what she wears..Same for her shoes, I assume they are the same as in the rest of the series but another color..

Offline Ryo~T.B

• Sailor Scout
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 09:51:19 pm »
Yeah, I understand. Well good luck on Alice :3 Not many people honestly know Alice in the country of ........ So it surprised me to see this topic lol. This should be fun for when it happens. :D I think youll do good as Alice.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 09:57:08 pm »
Yea..Kinda sucks..You would think it would at least be well known..Being an Alice in Wonderland spin off..All the other's are extremely popular..Who woulda guessed something as loved as anything Alice would have such a low number..Eh..It's the unpopular ones that are always the best though..lol To me anyways..

And thank you. Poofy dresses are the BEST for me..Since I'm male I don't have a "figure" but a proper corset and poofy dress help a lot..
I mean look at my Stocking cosplay:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3441963/
I look more female in this then I do in my Touko/Hilda cosplay:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3437626/

See, dresses like that are best for my body type..This is gonna be fun..Also, since it's such a not well known series, there are bound to be very few cosplayers..Let alone the version I'm doing that I still can barely find anything about..

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 11:40:05 am »
Looks like we just might have a Vivaldi, Blood Dupre and Peter White too this year.
Before, I had said having a group cosplaying with some others might not happen..But the one that wants to start a group with me, said her friends are helping her get her Vivaldi done in time this year, as well as got inspired to do some themselves haha

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 01:06:37 am »
yup. Vivaldi I shall be. He said it should be no problem to have Vivaldi by September. This makes me happyyyyy. I even have a backup if things fall through with him. I'm glad I have friends that sew. I suuuuuck. (I'm starting to learn now, though.)
Position history:

2013: Cosplay Staff
2013: Tabletop Staff
2014: Main Events Staff
2014: Outreach Staff
2015: Assistant Director of Publicity

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 12:31:38 pm »
Well learning to sew takes time. Are you gonna try to have Haunter by then too? Just wondering since Sabrina is basically done..I have a purple wig if you wanna still mix the 2..It's kinda short though, like I showed you in the drawing..

Anyway, Sewing the Alice dress is gonna suck too..I gotta figure out those card suit designs and how to put them on..

Offline narika

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 09:34:03 pm »
Oh my gosh, I love Heart no Kuni no Alice . ;-; Maybe I can throw together a cosplay by con, but I already had a blue sweet loli dress that was kind of Alice themed . </3
Possible line up for Kumoricon 2015 ?

Day 0❀; tba
Day 1❀; fem!hinata ( haikyuu!! )
Day 2❀; tojo nozomi ( love live ! )
Day 3❀; tba
Day 4❀; tba

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 11:08:27 pm »
Well, her regular dress is pretty easy..I mean it's your typical pattern you'd use for anu OP lolita dress base (princess seam bodice with rounded or squared neck, circle or gather skirt, and puff sleeve)..You'd just need to add the circle things onthe sleeves..And make an apron, but yea..

Offline narika

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 11:38:49 pm »
Well, her regular dress is pretty easy..I mean it's your typical pattern you'd use for anu OP lolita dress base (princess seam bodice with rounded or squared neck, circle or gather skirt, and puff sleeve)..You'd just need to add the circle things onthe sleeves..And make an apron, but yea..
Lol . I don`t even mind too much . I already have a meido cosplay and an Alice variation cosplay with the sweet lolita dress I mentioned .
( https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t31.0-8/1658688_490754374370048_195250617_o.jpg )
Making a cosplay with a combo of both seems kind of redundant to me . If I do end up cosplaying someone from Heart no Kuni no Alice, I`d want to try out crossplaying Peter . ; v;

Day 0❀; tba
Day 3❀; tba
Day 4❀; tba

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 06:12:11 pm »
That'd be kool too. The girl doing Vivaldi (granted that still happens, need to talk to her lol) said her friends were gonna join in as Blood and Peter I think.

Also, I might not be able to do that card suit dress. I can't figure out a good way to do the designs. I might just go with the normal one and paint on the gold sleeve things.

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 06:20:16 am »
I'm still planning on vivaldi. My friends might not be in for peter and blood anymore. I have to ask them. He is still helping me with the outfit, though.
Position history:

2013: Cosplay Staff
2013: Tabletop Staff
2014: Main Events Staff
2014: Outreach Staff
2015: Assistant Director of Publicity

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 11:25:05 am »
Mmk. Well I will still be doing alice so long as you do Vivaldi I need to get my moneys squared and set aside. I won't spend much at Sakuracon so I'll have enough for Alice at the very least and hopefully enough (more than likely) to redo Sabrina if you are still throwing Haunter together. And if you are doing a not as amazing as we thought version I still have a wig and i's styled for Haunter

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2014, 09:59:50 pm »
Alice is SO CLOSE to done now!!!!
I need more gold bias tape and the rest of the card suit cut outs for the sleeves. Then I need to make the pockets on the apron and sew the trim on (adding neat trim to accent that isn't in the original design).

I'm making it have a gold apron, and the dress has the bottom hem with a gold and red trim and the red sorta does this odd hang look, and the sleeves have gold trim around them then below that on the hem of the sleeves is the same trim from the dress hem.

I'm also hoping to have a "drink me" vial and "eat me" cookies or something

EDIT:
Update on Alice:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 10:28:37 am by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 04:18:01 pm »
My cosplay list for this year is full, but if this is happening next year I'll join in as Peter from Country of Hearts.
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 09:58:54 pm »
I'm pretty sure this will be a lasting cosplay.

I know for sure after all this time spent making it, I totally am NOT getting rid of it anytime soon. And I doubt my Vivaldy would do anything like that..That thing looks like a nightmare to make..

Also, I haven't been able to get ahold of her..No idea why, but it scares me a little..I kept hearing that things were in progress (our group stuff like this) but never got any actual updates..As well as she isn't answering anymore.. So I REALLY hope this is still a group thing..

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 07:33:05 pm »
So....I might still wear Alice, but I don't even know anymore..The person on here that's suppose to be groupling with me basically isn't replying and hasn'[t for about 3 weeks..And I've gotten literally no update on what's even happening anymore..All I get is a "I'm still doing it" but when I ask anything like how far are you or any updates I get ignored..

Offline narika

• Cabbit
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 02:48:09 pm »
It looks good . Wear it even if there might not be grouping . c:

Day 0❀; tba
Day 3❀; tba
Day 4❀; tba

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 02:57:56 pm »
Oh we are grouping for sure. She has been updating me and showing me things getting done. Her Vivaldi looks amazing so far..I'm very impressed. Thank you though. This was a hard cosplay lol