Author Topic: 21 and up Hang Out?  (Read 7654 times)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
21 and up Hang Out?
« on: November 13, 2013, 08:29:20 pm »
I didn't put this in Plan Your Own Adventure cuz I'm not planning anything yet, so I'm just wondering for now.
How many people are 21 and over? And how many of you would want to hang out at con? Or during con next year?

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: 21 and up Hang Out?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 09:09:46 pm »
I wouldn't mind attending. I'll be 27 in August, so I'm well old enough lol Are you looking to go hang out drinking or something? That's the norm when someone says 21+, but I just wanna make sure. I don't like drinking so if that was it, I wouldn't go.

Offline Blue Leader

• Chibi
    • Blue Banshees Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 12:12:41 am »
I'd probably be game. I'd be twenty-eight by then. But I wouldn't be interested in any drinking, either, I can't stand the taste of alcohol.

This Year's Cosplay:
Jedi Knight, Heat Guy J(?)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, 01:57:44 am »
There wouldn't have to be drinking. I'm mostly just looking for people that aren't going to whine about high school drama lol or isn't going to gossip about so and so's cosplay and that kinda petty preteen drama that seems to be following kumoricon lately.
I just wanna hang out with adults lol that don't care if i swear, or talk about sex or adult movies/animes or manga.
Of course, if there are those who want to drink, I'm totally game lol but no, not having to drink is always an option. I wouldn't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 05:02:43 pm »
Sounds good to me then. I'm game.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 04:23:58 pm »
I turn 51 next week. How far "up" do you want to go....?

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 02:10:04 am »
If you don't mind hanging with us, less experienced people, I don't care his far "up" you are ^-^ I tend to get along better with older crowds anyways lol

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 06:51:11 pm »
I turn 51 next week. How far "up" do you want to go....?
When I started attending cons, I use to go with my dad (he paid for my room and stuff, plus he loves the con scene and taking cosplay pictures). He's like 56 now I think? I started going last year (sakuracon 2012) so I started out already hanging out with someone older at cons. This is nothing new.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 07:04:01 pm »
When I started attending cons, I use to go with my dad (he paid for my room and stuff, plus he loves the con scene and taking cosplay pictures). He's like 56 now I think?

At one of the more recent SF cons I went to they had a panel with 3 guys in their LATE 80s.
They were talking about going to their first Worldcon in 1933.

They drove across the country. This was before the Interstates had been built and it took them about 2 weeks each way.
There was a lot less media, mostly books, anthologies, and fan-zines, so costuming got interesting: none of the fans had ever 'seen' the characters except how they made them up in their own minds, so you had a unique interpretation of a character's costume, and then everyone else was racking their brains trying to figure out which book or short story the character came from - relying on their mental constructs of the character...!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 07:08:44 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2013, 07:28:57 am »
I'm 29 and will be 30 by Kumoricon 2014.  I'm always up for making new friends with similar interests.  I don't know how much time DURING con I'll have to hang out since I'll be staff but when I have time and/or before/after con, cool.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 08:49:54 pm »
I'm 40 myself and wouldn't mind hanging with all of you.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 07:53:48 pm »
So, any possible ideas of things to do? I assume we could all go out to eat or something, not very much "con related" stuff to do that is oriented to just the older crowd that ISN'T a panel where we have to be quiet..Idk..Brainstorming..lol

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 01:26:19 pm »
Lunches or dinner get togethers would be fun! Maybe go see a movie and then have dinner or something afterwards. Or go play pool or games if anyone wants to host at their home.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 04:50:16 pm »
I'm not a movie person and would rather stay really close to con (didn't see any theaters even in the area). Maybe going to a restaurant nearby or something.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 04:36:00 am »
There is the kiggens (i think that's what its called) theater on main street. Lives shows sometimes.
Other than that, there are a bunch of restaurants around the con space. We could even just get a room at the hotel and just have a meeting there after panels are over.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 05:03:13 am »
I don't know the area well so I'm not very helpful idea wise.  I know Newport, Oregon very well though.  :P  I'm always up for food.  Food is awesome.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2013, 12:29:11 pm »
There's a great Vietnamese place down mill plain, about fifteen minutes from the con space, called Tan Tan. They're amazingly cheap, delicious, and have bubble tea. Id be more than happy to give people a ride if we wanted to meet away from the con space, as long as we meet at the con space and then go. My electric car only gets 80 miles lol

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 08:19:34 am »
I think that would be a good idea. And well I'd love to try some Vietnamese food. Lay out the time and the place on the con space where we'll meet say....perhaps a couple days or better still a week before the con, and I'll be there.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 11:30:18 pm »
I'm not into that food. But I won't let that stop me!! Then again....I'm very VERY picky, so....lol But I would not try to get you guys to do only what I like. I'll still go with, but not order. I can actually bring my own food now that I think of it..lol

Anyway, I hope this gets scheduled at a time I won't be doing anything haha

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 01:48:11 pm »
Tan Tan is a great place, and have tons of options. They have some nice normal food too, like fried rice with chicken, spring rolls, and lots of other stuff. I personally don't like their pho, so I normally get fried rice and chicken.
We could plan this for the day before day zero, or on day zero, and then make plans then to meet again.
Or we could do it earlier before con if anyonewants to. Just let me know.

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 06:18:53 pm »
Anyone still interested in this?  :p

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 06:47:24 pm »
Sure why not? Ill be 23 by the time this happens.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 06:57:01 pm by kuroki-neko »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2014, 06:50:06 pm »
I'm down. My wife and I, both 27, are always looking for fun and mature people to spend time with.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RedEagleEX

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2014, 09:05:20 pm »
If people are available to hang out around lunch time at the con, I wouldn't mind joining you guys for food! I am not very familiar of the surroundings in Vancouver when it comes to food. (Or anything actually. >_>)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2014, 04:37:11 pm »
I'd like to focus my attention on the con itself while I'm there, but I'd be more than up for hanging out with y'all beforehand.

Offline RedEagleEX

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2014, 10:12:43 pm »
Oh. I was looking at it from a different perspective when I proposing lunch with 21 and Up folks during Con. I assume many restaurants and such will be packed with people and waiting in line is kind of a waste of time. However if everyone in the group is 21 and up, we normally can skip the line and go straight into the bar area and eat food. >_> Of course there is also the benefit of not having to eat alone during lunch too! ^__^;;