Author Topic: A maid cafe? 2014  (Read 6216 times)

Offline MemoSama

• Cabbit
A maid cafe? 2014
« on: November 07, 2013, 05:32:56 pm »
ahhh, hello~ I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot >.<; I wasn't too sure

anyways, I've been dying to join a maid cafe, but there isn't any where I live....(I live in Oregon, about an hour away from Portland) as well as I would love to start one but I am very unsure of how to get enough  money, so I obviously need help from someone who is experienced of the sort? I have been doing as much research as possible but it still would be nice to have someone helping me on this idea/dream of mine~

I know I'd love to have a cute maid cafe with perhaps 18+ maids...it just seems less awkward that way. I'd also love to have the cafe famous for the cute sweets and cold drinks there~ Basically I'd love it if we could bring a maid cafe to Kumoricon and make sure it thrives with popularity!

I still would love to have some  help with planning and figuring things out first though~ So please tell me if you are interested in helping me plan and what not ;-;

UPDATE:
WE have decided to start working on making this a real thing! Before we can sign up for a panel though or whatever, we need to make sure we have enough butlers and maids so everyone can have a few days where they get play and not help out in the cafe:
Here is our facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ichigodropmaidcafe
On there you should find a youtube video for an audition info thing~ please listen to find if you are able to join or not ^^ <3

After hearing from the panel manager and stuff I have learned that it costs a few extra fees to serve food and stuff, so since I don't wanna deal with that, Ichigo Drop Maid Cafe will just be a simple maid cafe of dancing/singing/games/and socializing entertainment! Please join us either way and become one with the Ichigo drop family <3
~Memo~
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:50:50 pm by MemoSama »
~plans for 2015~
Makoto-Arabian
Janna -Forecast
Kotori - LoveLive!
Little Sister- Bioshock
Madame Red- Black Butler

Offline Riitah~

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 07:08:58 pm »
Maid cafes are soo cool! I too have had a dream of being a part of a maid cafe~ so I would LOVE to help you out.
Unfortunately I'm not really experienced and the only knowledge I have is from when my anime club attempted to start one.
But if there's anything I can do to help you or anything feel free to message me~~
Beep bep

Offline MemoSama

• Cabbit
Re: A maid cafe? 2014
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 07:50:42 pm »
Maid cafes are soo cool! I too have had a dream of being a part of a maid cafe~ so I would LOVE to help you out.
Unfortunately I'm not really experienced and the only knowledge I have is from when my anime club attempted to start one.
But if there's anything I can do to help you or anything feel free to message me~~

ahhh~ yay >3< Well as of right now I have another friend (a butler) who is helping me figure things out. Mainly our first problem is just finding out where we would get the money for food. Would it be from patrons, or would we have food brought from home? Then we need to figure out what con we would like to do. Its looking like we are leaning towards Kumoricon the most since we just found it easier to start off with and it'll have 4 days of fun~ So we expected to at least have a good amount of patrons. o3o
If you know of how we could get money that would be good info :-; Basically once all the little details are done, then we'll start asking for maids/butlers and start promoting~ *the fun stuff* o3o
~plans for 2015~
Makoto-Arabian
Janna -Forecast
Kotori - LoveLive!
Little Sister- Bioshock
Madame Red- Black Butler

Offline Riitah~

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 08:05:25 pm »

ahhh~ yay >3< Well as of right now I have another friend (a butler) who is helping me figure things out. Mainly our first problem is just finding out where we would get the money for food. Would it be from patrons, or would we have food brought from home? Then we need to figure out what con we would like to do. Its looking like we are leaning towards Kumoricon the most since we just found it easier to start off with and it'll have 4 days of fun~ So we expected to at least have a good amount of patrons. o3o
If you know of how we could get money that would be good info :-; Basically once all the little details are done, then we'll start asking for maids/butlers and start promoting~ *the fun stuff* o3o

I wanna be a maid so bad~ They're so cute ahhh~~
As for money for food I think a bit of both? Like, majority of the food would come from home but then some could come from patrons? I don't really know how much money you'll need but I'm sure people would be willing to chip in and help out~ When I get some more money I wouldn't mind pitching in for the cause :3
Also, I think Kumoricon would be best for this mostly because 4 days of con good-ness and there's a good amount of time between now and then to make sure you have all your stuff together~
Beep bep

Offline MemoSama

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 08:47:20 pm »

As for money for food I think a bit of both? Like, majority of the food would come from home but then some could come from patrons? I don't really know how much money you'll need but I'm sure people would be willing to chip in and help out~ When I get some more money I wouldn't mind pitching in for the cause :3
Also, I think Kumoricon would be best for this mostly because 4 days of con good-ness and there's a good amount of time between now and then to make sure you have all your stuff together~

yeahh~ That sounds about right .w.b
Mkay, shall I just sign you up for a maid position? You can help us out XD I mean all I really ask is that people are at least 18....just so it isn't too weird...and yeah. We decided on 16. We also are planning on getting uniforms as well, just working on figuring those out later~

But yeah, I'm sure we could do fundraising things as well! Like mini bake sales for money to get food in general~  YAY! I'm so happy this is actually going along nicely. I wanna make sure this maid cafe is able to be around constantly~ So naturally a family based team is what is going to happen XD
~plans for 2015~
Makoto-Arabian
Janna -Forecast
Kotori - LoveLive!
Little Sister- Bioshock
Madame Red- Black Butler

Offline Riitah~

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 09:02:01 pm »

yeahh~ That sounds about right .w.b
Mkay, shall I just sign you up for a maid position? You can help us out XD I mean all I really ask is that people are at least 18....just so it isn't too weird...and yeah. We decided on 16. We also are planning on getting uniforms as well, just working on figuring those out later~

But yeah, I'm sure we could do fundraising things as well! Like mini bake sales for money to get food in general~  YAY! I'm so happy this is actually going along nicely. I wanna make sure this maid cafe is able to be around constantly~ So naturally a family based team is what is going to happen XD

Yeah that'd be great~! I am over 18 so hooray!

Fundraisers are super awesome~ This is going to be so great!
I'm so excited I can't stop smiling~ You are a wonderful person and ahh I can't wait :3
Beep bep

Offline MemoSama

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 09:15:23 pm »

Yeah that'd be great~! I am over 18 so hooray!

Fundraisers are super awesome~ This is going to be so great!
I'm so excited I can't stop smiling~ You are a wonderful person and ahh I can't wait :3
yeuuuppp, and like the fundraisers are great for helping us build up a team spirit and get used to working with each other! It'll be so much fun~
ahhhhh , nuuuu. You are wonderful for helping out >3< I'll send you a message with some contact info once I know some more things but yeahhhh, THANK YOU FOR HELPING US AND JOINING ;3; I give you a virtual hug *hug*

wheeee~ I'm so excited now >3<
~plans for 2015~
Makoto-Arabian
Janna -Forecast
Kotori - LoveLive!
Little Sister- Bioshock
Madame Red- Black Butler

Offline Nayruenthusiast

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 11:33:45 pm »
Will this start at Kumo2014? Because I would like to be a butler but I am also trying to staff this year. So I hope it doesn't conflict too much. I guess I could help with fundraisers too!
4th place SSBB Kumo 2013
Top 8 Sm4sh Newcon 2014
3rd place Sm4sh Kumo-Lite 2015

Offline MemoSama

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 12:40:25 am »
Will this start at Kumo2014? Because I would like to be a butler but I am also trying to staff this year. So I hope it doesn't conflict too much. I guess I could help with fundraisers too!

mmm! I would like it to! we now have a facebook with an audition info for anyone wanting to join ^^b although you'll probably be accepted right away XD But please fill out the application anyways~

https://www.facebook.com/ichigodropmaidcafe
~plans for 2015~
Makoto-Arabian
Janna -Forecast
Kotori - LoveLive!
Little Sister- Bioshock
Madame Red- Black Butler

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 07:45:36 am »
I hate to be a downer on what sounds like a really fun idea... but if this would be a panel, typically food or drink can't be served in panel space. It would probably be a good idea to check with the programming department (programming@kumoricon.org) to see if it's possible.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline MemoSama

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 10:19:33 am »
I hate to be a downer on what sounds like a really fun idea... but if this would be a panel, typically food or drink can't be served in panel space. It would probably be a good idea to check with the programming department (programming@kumoricon.org) to see if it's possible.

From the research I've done, most hotels have rules where they will provide the food and such. Even if this wouldn't happen in a panel room I'd love it to still happen. But you are right and I'll check right away and post another update on this~
Either way itd be nice to get a maid cafe group together~
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 10:32:47 am by MemoSama »
~plans for 2015~
Makoto-Arabian
Janna -Forecast
Kotori - LoveLive!
Little Sister- Bioshock
Madame Red- Black Butler

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 04:04:45 pm »
Yeah sadly this ^ biggie.  Its easy to think bring a thermos of hot water from the hotel room couple of tea packets yo!  But can't bring outside food to serve at a pannel.  Hot water counts as that. 
There has been a tiny bit of wiggle room in the past, host club tea party, which was a con event, and (I think )catered by hotel and the con sold tickets to the event to cover the cost.  And (now defunk) neko pan bakery that sold yummy things in dealers hall but they had a licenced kitchen to bake in, and they were making/selling products that were not avalible to buy at the hotel.
Tho there is a big ole park across the street from the hotel and ANYTHING can be planned there :)
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline MemoSama

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 04:18:59 pm »
Yeah sadly this ^ biggie.  Its easy to think bring a thermos of hot water from the hotel room couple of tea packets yo!  But can't bring outside food to serve at a pannel.  Hot water counts as that. 
There has been a tiny bit of wiggle room in the past, host club tea party, which was a con event, and (I think )catered by hotel and the con sold tickets to the event to cover the cost.  And (now defunk) neko pan bakery that sold yummy things in dealers hall but they had a licenced kitchen to bake in, and they were making/selling products that were not avalible to buy at the hotel.
Tho there is a big ole park across the street from the hotel and ANYTHING can be planned there :)

Well I sent a message anyways to ask what we would be able to do, even if its just games, dancing and or singing it can still count as a maid cafe! D: < Or at least I'm sure we could provide the water that is around there to guests as well,

Basically this shouldn't stop you from joining us, because we still want to expand and we'd love anyone to join~  ;_;
~plans for 2015~
Makoto-Arabian
Janna -Forecast
Kotori - LoveLive!
Little Sister- Bioshock
Madame Red- Black Butler

Offline MemoSama

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 10:51:40 pm »
A bump to promote the want to have some more maids or butlers~ <3
~plans for 2015~
Makoto-Arabian
Janna -Forecast
Kotori - LoveLive!
Little Sister- Bioshock
Madame Red- Black Butler

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 01:29:01 pm »
I am a  server anyway  by occupation and I love to  be a butler  in this if this ever pushes through
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline MemoSama

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 02:46:50 pm »
I am a  server anyway  by occupation and I love to  be a butler  in this if this ever pushes through

yay~~~ If you go to our facebook page you should find an audition video, we are asking people to audition just so we can know you are real and yeah...just basically getting to know you .w.b

Facebook: [size=78%]https://www.facebook.com/ichigodropmaidcafe[/size]
or
youtube link:[/size][size=78%]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OchikktvYpM[/size]
~plans for 2015~
Makoto-Arabian
Janna -Forecast
Kotori - LoveLive!
Little Sister- Bioshock
Madame Red- Black Butler

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 11:55:31 am »
I plan on cosplaying a maid at K-con 2014 with a bunch of friends! This would be perfect for us <33 I'll go check out the application page and see what I can do to help!

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 12:44:34 pm »
Just remember to first see if Kumoricon will allow Maid cafes. last year they didn't cause the hotel won't allow the food within type of thing. so who knows if things might change this year or what not. but better be safe the sorry with it.
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Kaizen Shade - Blood Jew'l - 50%
Dark Mousy - Dn Angel - 50%
Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 11:59:52 am »
You might consider doing an informal setup in Esther Short Park, across the street from the convention hotels. I'm not sure whether you could charge for the food, in that case, legally speaking...but you could certainly set up a few small folding tables and chairs with cute tablecloths under the trees, and serve free snacks in the style of a maid/butler cafe. You might even be able to borrow or rent an outdoor tent or canopy, depending on how all-in you want to go.

My husband and I have done "nicpics" and handed out free white cake and "wine" (sparkling grape juice) at a few conventions while dressed as Mom Lalonde and Dad Egbert. It was a lot of fun, and a great way to meet other Homestucks.

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline tirofinale

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 07:36:56 pm »
I'd love to be a part of the maid cafe, depending on whether or not I can make a maid outfit by then and get all of my cosplays settled. >~<
So I'll most likely be able to unless something big comes up. Also about the age, I'll be turning 16 on the first day of con so would I still be able to sign up?

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 02:13:54 pm »
Well if you guys get to have food at this panel I can bake some cookies or whatever to serve at it.

Offline keypassions

• Oni
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My deviantART Gallery
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 07:50:13 am »
Ahh~ This sounds so cool! I watched the audition video and am interested in applying. ^^ Looks fun!

Offline Maieusiophobia

• Oni
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 12:39:03 am »
Are there still spots open? I am very much interested. :>

Also, would we need to supply out own outfit?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 12:43:28 am by Maieusiophobia »