Author Topic: Cosplay costumes for females!!! 2014 Kumoricon  (Read 4945 times)

Offline shandra

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
Cosplay costumes for females!!! 2014 Kumoricon
« on: September 30, 2013, 09:21:06 pm »
Okay I know this is gonna be a little weird but I have to ask.

Kcon 2014 will be my first con EVER! I am wondering if there are any women out there who might have a costume that I could borrow/buy or even have?
If not then I will have to figure something out, but if you do I would REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciate it.

One costume in particular that I think I might need is a maid costume...might be joining the Maid Squad.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:29:19 am by shandra »
I'll be waiting...for you...so...
If you come here...
You'll find me.
I promise.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Cosplay costumes for females!!! 2014 Kumoricon
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:28:18 pm »
Depends on your size..You can look through the entire manga swap forum..There are tons of cosplays on there..I have 2 female cosplays for sale, but they may not fit you if you are a smaller person..Not knowing your sizes or measurements, is going to make it hard.

Offline shandra

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 10:07:54 pm »
Depends on your size..You can look through the entire manga swap forum..There are tons of cosplays on there..I have 2 female cosplays for sale, but they may not fit you if you are a smaller person..Not knowing your sizes or measurements, is going to make it hard.

you can message me about it in this thread. I was thinking of using denim...like maybe cutting up a pair of my jeans to do the skirt. If I make my own rinoa cosplay. As for the shorts that go under it I would need to buy some zippers...For the fabric, I have some from a dress I had started making for my prom a long time ago and never finished because it was the wrong material for a prom dress.....my mom had picked it out lol. As for the duster...I have no idea how I am going to do that. It is going to be the one thing I really want to turn out well because if it does I will wear it all the friggin time.
If you come here...
You'll find me.
I promise.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 10:31:00 pm »

you can message me about it in this thread. I was thinking of using denim...like maybe cutting up a pair of my jeans to do the skirt. If I make my own rinoa cosplay. As for the shorts that go under it I would need to buy some zippers...For the fabric, I have some from a dress I had started making for my prom a long time ago and never finished because it was the wrong material for a prom dress.....my mom had picked it out lol. As for the duster...I have no idea how I am going to do that. It is going to be the one thing I really want to turn out well because if it does I will wear it all the friggin time.

Denim for what? The shorts? Yea getting a pait of skinny jeans or something and cutting and hemming them, them putting the zippers in the front should work fine..What's the dress fabric for then? All you need are the duster, a A black camisole, and blue fabric to make the skirt looking thing, and the shorts..So yea..Where would the dress fabric come in? Unless that was for the skirt piece..If you can find rib knit fabric (which right about now should start coming out in fabric stores) you can just make it..

Did you wanna see my cosplays for sale though? You like Kingdom Hearts, and I have Kairi for sale..Full cosplay..Just not sure what size you are, like I said, so I can't tell you if it will fit..

By the way, I also mentioned my FEM!Squall in the other thread..Thought I'd let you see
http://socialcos.com/albums/photo/view/album_id/3357/photo_id/44799
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:32:52 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline shandra

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 10:43:30 pm »

Denim for what? The shorts? Yea getting a pait of skinny jeans or something and cutting and hemming them, them putting the zippers in the front should work fine..What's the dress fabric for then? All you need are the duster, a A black camisole, and blue fabric to make the skirt looking thing, and the shorts..So yea..Where would the dress fabric come in? Unless that was for the skirt piece..If you can find rib knit fabric (which right about now should start coming out in fabric stores) you can just make it..

Did you wanna see my cosplays for sale though? You like Kingdom Hearts, and I have Kairi for sale..Full cosplay..Just not sure what size you are, like I said, so I can't tell you if it will fit..

By the way, I also mentioned my FEM!Squall in the other thread..Thought I'd let you see
http://socialcos.com/albums/photo/view/album_id/3357/photo_id/44799
the dress fabric i can make into shorts...kinda like spandex shorts. the denim would be for the skirt. I will keep an eye out for the rib knit fabric. And yeah I would love to see what stuff you have for sale :)

That outfit is awesome!! Love the Jacket and the gunblade.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:44:45 pm by shandra »
If you come here...
You'll find me.
I promise.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 10:53:46 pm »
OH!! That makes sense haha But you may not be able to use jeans that fit you for that..I would just go buy a denim skirt that buttons up the front..They do make them..lol Just hike it up higher on you lol Making those shorts will be REALLY ard..Have you ever made botoms? They are pretty difficult..You could easily just buy cheap spandex shorts like cyclist wear in plain black..

And here are all my ads:
http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/showcat.php/cat/500/ppuser/265051
Feel free to talk to me here about them if interested, but there are only 2 female cosplays, and 2 skirts..The rest is male stuff..I do have Squal on there though, but if I decide to contunie the female version, I'll just keep the stuff lol

Anyway, if you have an account there, feel free to PM me there and we can continue talking to not clutter this thread up..I don't like PMing on this site, because a lot of times they don't send..

Offline RoriLei

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 04:54:55 pm »
I have a couple of old cosplays that I would be willing to sell if they fit. It's Temari from Naruto and Sango from Inuyasha. They're from my first year, so they aren't the best quality or the best materials (except for Sango's boomerang, because my dad made it. I'd have to check with him before I sell it if you're interested.) I don't have any wigs for them.
I made them for my size at the time, which was approximately 33 inch bust, 26 inch waist, 36 inch hips, so if you're close to that size they'd probably fit.

I encourage you to make at least one of your own cosplay, because it's a really fun and fulfilling experience, and you can be whatever character you want without having to spend tons commissioning it from people! Good luck finding or making that perfect cosplay!  :)
Kumoricon 2014: Possibilities - Female Rock Lee (Naruto). Female Mako (LoK). Poison Shroom Toadette (Mario). Hawkeye (Marvel). Vaporeon (Pokemon). Izzy (TDI). Maskless Deadpool (Marvel). Jubilee (Marvel). Pacific Rim character.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 09:11:33 pm »
Depending upon where you are, and your availability, I've occasionally offered cosplay help sessions where either I go over to your house, or you drop over to mine and we work though creating a costume. One friend of mine (who had never sewn anything in his life) successfully created two costumes with my assistance - basically, we generated the pattern & determined the fabric / notions requirements, then he shopped for required items (based upon my estimations of what we needed), and met a second time to cut & sew the pattern we'd drafted from first meeting.

Offline shandra

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 06:12:10 pm »
Depending upon where you are, and your availability, I've occasionally offered cosplay help sessions where either I go over to your house, or you drop over to mine and we work though creating a costume. One friend of mine (who had never sewn anything in his life) successfully created two costumes with my assistance - basically, we generated the pattern & determined the fabric / notions requirements, then he shopped for required items (based upon my estimations of what we needed), and met a second time to cut & sew the pattern we'd drafted from first meeting.
I am about 3-4 hrs south of Seattle...near Seaside, Oregon
If you come here...
You'll find me.
I promise.