Author Topic: Being okay with other fandoms that you might not like thread  (Read 13295 times)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Being okay with other fandoms that you might not like thread
« on: September 11, 2013, 12:23:16 pm »
I don't care for new my little pony, prob more cuz I liked the original. 
Do I have anything against the cosplayers or bronies, no.  Do I understand the appeal? Not really, other then its a popular fandom.  Other then that its not hurting me and I don't hurt it.

Now have I see a couple of fans that are the bad apples and set a bad example for the fandom? You bet but thats ANY fandom.
Take Lolita, I have met a few in my day who were just plain mean people, should I judge all Lolita by that? No!  I have known too many who are awesome and really nice people who work really hard on their cosplay.

These days there are SO FREAKIN MANY things showing up, home struck, brony, marvel/DC, random anime you haven't seen, no one can be expected to be a fan of everything, and thats okay! 

We can all agree to disagree on what is awesome to us.  On the other end of things, if someone says they don't like something please take on their word, and not a challenge of "you just haven't seen the right episode"

I think of it like this, I don't like tomato sauce, makes my hand eczema bad, and never really liked coconut.  People have said "oh well you HAVE to try it this way" nope no I don't.  I will keep on avoiding those things, but I am perfectly okay with ya all eating it and enjoying it... some how... Do I understand how people can like those foods that taste like pain and despair to me?  No not really, and I don't think I can, and thats okay.

Treating others way you want to be treated is always the best bet.
*side note, after 15 years of avoid coconut I found out, out when a restaurant gave me coconut shrimp by mistake that I had also developed a coconut, that shuts up the "try it try it" crowd, one bite red swollen face and it tasted terrible *
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
Re: Being okay with other fandoms that you might not like thread
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 12:40:46 pm »
One thing that I have noticed a lot is the Homestuck fandom. They are gotten LOTS BETTER! Good job guys! However, there is still a problem, its those that hate the fandom. They just see a homestuck cosplayer and assume they are terrible and pick on them. I noticed this more last year than this year but I would see these people doing horrible things then blaming it on homestuck cosplayers. Not cool.

Offline Romo

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 12:43:18 pm »
I agree with you, Jaz.~ Though, here's another thing that can work just as well as acceptance: if you don't like it don't watch/eat/listen to it. I've noticed that so many problems could be solved if people just didn't bother with things they didn't like, and left the people who loved it to their enjoyment while they did the same with whatever they ACTUALLY enjoyed. Rather than going out of your way to spread hate, why not just ignore what isn't your thing and stick to supporting what is?

I'm personally in the minority about a lot of things (not liking MLP, Doctor Who, The Avengers...) but it's not like I hate these things, and I often admire work based around these fandoms. What you said about "you just haven't seen the right episode" types of people I completely agree! I don't think I can properly say how many times people have said that, especially over the fandoms I listed above. It's always "Well you just don't get it" or "THIS is the episode you need to see" rather than "Oh, okay.~ Let's watch something else!" Often times that kind of behavior drives me even further away from a series than making it appear more interesting in my eyes; but I digress.

Seeing as we're already a small enough community (yet ever growing <3 ) it's really disappointing when people are pitting themselves against each other this way, and spreading bad vibes, rather than coming together and just ignoring the stuff that makes them go "eh". Though I can't say it's all the trolls faults. They may be the ones starting the fight but for everyone that responds, trying to insult/prove them wrong, they're only feeding the flame and extending the problem even further. Nobody on these forums has ANYTHING to prove, people like what they like, forget the haters. Let them seethe in their own bad juju and continue on your way. Chances are if you just leave them alone, and DON'T REACT, to their comments they won't continue and if they do I'm sure eventually a mod will interfere with the "off topic harassment". There's enough drama in the world, let's all just have a good time and enjoy our stay with our kumoricon bros, yeah?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 12:44:03 pm by Romo »
Cosplays for 2014:
Day 3
- Billy Joe Cobra (Dude, That's My Ghost!)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 10:14:03 pm »
I don't like things for various reason. Most of my reasoning falls into: lack of plot, painful voices to my ears, and a boring tone in the series/show. Or things that "are funny!" but I just don't understand.

I've seen Family Guy, sure. But I'm only ever entertained by it when I'm in the mood. Otherwise, I generalize a lot of the episodes as boring wastes of time. People who enjoy it, good for you.

People who like the new My Little Pony? Hurray. It's a kid's show, it's colorful, it teaches friendship and has "a troll of a queen" (so I hear). I honestly did watch the first 2 episodes, and loved the plot with Luna, but upon hearing that it's not part of the "real" plot, I lost all interest. I was already on the threshold of watching it on mute cause of the voices.

Speaking of the haters for the Homestuck fandom, makes me think of the haters in general. They're like, the reverse "bandwagon" of those who like things. ie: Everyone likes Attack on Titan right now, and Everyone hates on Homestuck cosplayers right now. It's one thing to like something, but do you have to hate the fans of it

If they like to have fun in different ways then you do, that's not a terrible thing. Creativity is often brought about best through differences. I often explain anime to my mom and other people that it's just like normal shows- you have your dark horror shows, your comedy, the shows for kids, and the shows for adults (and that doesn't limit it to just sexual shows).

It's kind of like people of all ages like STAR WARS, and as you grow up, you understand more about the plot- whether you stick to the movies, or progress into other realms of the story. If you're just a fan of the movies, that doesn't make you any less of a fan. But for some reason, stating you "like Star Wars" is grounds for attack.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline DufenDorgen

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 10:47:25 pm »
This is absurd and an obvious response to the MPL thread. Imma just go make a lets all hug each other thread.
I sell snake oil and snake oil accessories. ;)

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 09:35:48 am »
You're entitled to your opinion.

For myself, I'm grateful for those who try to make peace and promote understanding.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:39:50 am by @random »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 09:44:59 am »
One thing that I have noticed a lot is the Homestuck fandom. They are gotten LOTS BETTER! Good job guys! However, there is still a problem, its those that hate the fandom. They just see a homestuck cosplayer and assume they are terrible and pick on them. I noticed this more last year than this year but I would see these people doing horrible things then blaming it on homestuck cosplayers. Not cool.

Its funny I was under a rock (or preggers) when home struck was getting popular and when I saw the cosplayers for it I honestly though, and I mean with no disrespect, when did Japanese demons get into style? Kinda like this

But then was told it was "home struck" which is a thing.....?  Only real complaint I have heard about them is the body paint, but thats been an issue with SO many cosplays, not just Home Struck, I think they are an easy target for that issue because of the volume.  But then if peeps don't body paint then they can get egged for "not looking authentic" wtf is a peep to do?
specifically I was watching a episode of "'heros' of cosplay" and a judge was dinging a contestant for wearing a body suit instead of full paint and I was ???
But lack of knowing more about it now is choice only because I really don't have the time to watch anything else.  Does anyone else have that problem?
 Avoiding getting into watching something new because of time constraints or scheduling?
This last year was a new low for watching stuff but I think a mix between parenting duties (which am NOT complaining about, they come first is the fact) an increase in actual tv shows my family watched (grimm <3 my foodie shows <3 our dvr)
We bought a dvd set of spice n wolf at last years con and we haven't gotten seen it all.  Mostly Gin Tama, because we really don't have to think while watching...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:50:12 am by superjaz »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 01:51:37 pm »
I agree, superjaz. I always feel like there aren't enough hours in the day. I'm actually at the point of scheduling things in to get them done. If it doesn't work after a week, I'll just get a calendar and write out exact plans.

I tend to try to marathon the same show in three sittings, but it's just as effective and not as much of a burn out if you mix things up. And it doesn't have to be everyday, either. My problem is just doing it, since it feels like such a pain.

Hopefully, once I get through my current to-do lists, I can start on newer things. I've been meaning to watch Project K, Magi, Hataraku Maou-sama, Tsuritama (is this also FREE?), and a few other things. I wouldn't mind seeing an episode or two of Attack on Titan either, but right now it just seems waaaaay too dark and gruesome for me. Maybe that's a perfect Christmas anime? xD;
Kumori'15

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 11:56:51 pm »
You know what's odd? I was never abke to get into The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I watched a handful of episodes. I don't think I laughed once.

What's even stranger is I really liked the art and the characters and the cosplayers. I could just never get into the show.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 02:17:04 am »
People are free to like whatever they want and express their like for it how they want; so long as no one is physically/verbally harmed.

It's the individual who is responsible for their actions, not the fandom and not the creator of the said interest.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 07:54:45 pm »
^ That's VERY key to any fandom, and I try to keep that in mind for myself, and when hearing others.  It gets really tough, though, when they act like it's their religion that "must be defended."  I couldn't even begin to count how many times I've had people question my geek-dom, sanity, or childhood, simply because I don't like Pokemon.  (This is also why, in some places and cases, I go out of my way to be a jerk about it).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 12:09:48 am »
Honestly, as much as I love Pokemon, it's a time-sink that I don't have much patience/money for anymore. And it went on too long. If it were shorter, I'd like it more, probably.

I feel the same about other long mangas that never seem to have any resolution- Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, One Piece.... There's a few other long ones that just go on and on. Yu-Gi-Oh! DM for example could cut out like 2 or three seasons, and stick to the main manga's plot and be fine. It's kind of annoying that some things are like that. They have a budget for 50 episodes, and waste half of them on fillers.
Kumori'15

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 08:53:35 pm »
^  It gets really tough, though, when they act like it's their religion that "must be defended." 

Once in a psychology class we had the option of making up your own religion, and presenting it and defending it to the class (instead of a paper) so theater what I did.
I made up Gacktism! Being awesome thru the awesome power of Gackt.

Thinking about it that's the one fandom that I have gotten flack for, not in "mean"  way, more when I say he's my favorite singer, I often have to explain/defend why I do.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 09:49:26 pm »
You know what's odd? I was never abke to get into The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I watched a handful of episodes. I don't think I laughed once.

What's even stranger is I really liked the art and the characters and the cosplayers. I could just never get into the show.

lol Did you watch it in order? When the episodes were released, they were not in order..I think they thought it was funny to do or something..But it made NO sense, but putting it all back in order, there's actually plot..lol
Not only that, but after they got it all (sorta) in order ("The Adventures Of Mikuru Asahina" actually goes before "Live Alive" lol), they decided to make the next set "season 2" when really, it goes in the middle of season 1..It's all super confusing, but it's actually really good..

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 11:06:39 pm »

lol Did you watch it in order? When the episodes were released, they were not in order..I think they thought it was funny to do or something..But it made NO sense, but putting it all back in order, there's actually plot..lol
Not only that, but after they got it all (sorta) in order ("The Adventures Of Mikuru Asahina" actually goes before "Live Alive" lol), they decided to make the next set "season 2" when really, it goes in the middle of season 1..It's all super confusing, but it's actually really good..

Yeah, I've heard that. I don't know. I just didn't really laugh very much, and everyone kept telling me how funny it is. I gave it like 2-3 episodes and just moved onto another show. ^^

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 11:08:43 pm »

Yeah, I've heard that. I don't know. I just didn't really laugh very much, and everyone kept telling me how funny it is. I gave it like 2-3 episodes and just moved onto another show. ^^

They told you how funny it was? The heck could they have said..lolIt's not so much a comedy anime..there are some pretty good laughs in it, but it's not the point..the actual plot I may not want to say in case you want me to spoil it..

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2013, 08:48:48 am »
I think I may have a problem.

~ The wallpaper on my iPhone and iPad matches my profile picture/avatar.
~ The passcode on my iPhone and iPad is 7456 (PIKO).
~ I can't stop listening to "Sakurane".
~ I want Piko to go on tour and come to America.

Do I have a problem?
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 02:42:47 pm »

Do I have a problem?
Good job letting everyone that you have a chance to run into know how to get into your phone and ipod..lol

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 04:11:11 pm »

Do I have a problem?
Good job letting everyone that you have a chance to run into know how to get into your phone and ipod..lol

****!!!!! I WASN'T THINKING, WHEN I POSTED THIS!!!!! >_<
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 04:19:46 pm »
For mine I had something like this

But once in mom mode, its now a picture of my son Max hugging a bunny. 

My hubby says I need to watch evangelion some day.  Back when it was on cartoon network I always seemed to catch the same episode over and over again and nothing else. 
I can say this, you know  when a fandom doesn't click for you (after you have given it a 1-3 episode try if a show, usually to apease friends family) it just feels forced.  Kinda like feels like when you were in school and you are painfully bored, mins become hours.
Same goes when there is a big click for you, you can tell.  When I was pregger before we got netflix and I saw it had the korean live action "boys over flowers" I really liked it and the 60 min episodes felt short.  I blitzed thru that....I should watch it again.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2013, 09:53:40 pm »
I'll admit I'm not much on MLP:FIM, however the bronies and the female fans of the show I've found to be very pleasant and easy to get along with so I'm definitely cool with the MLP:FIM fans.  I'm also not much into games like Mass Effect and Halo, But that may have more to do with the fact I'm legally blind and shoot-em ups aren't exactly my cup of tea. Still I've seen a number of fans of both these games and the get ups for the games are pretty cool. So I'm VERY cool with the fans of Mass Effect and Halo.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:58:10 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 11:32:28 pm »
Unfortunately, my state of being a brony is going away :T just because I don't watch the show anymore, really. Nothing against the fandom because I know what its like to be judged as the "bad name" of the fandom. Bronies I've met are actually really cool and as far as I know, they treat MLP like just another show they like and they still live normal lives. My boyfriend even watched only a couple episodes of it to see the fuss and he doesnt like it (I think he hates it a bit more because that's one of the subjects that broke him and his ex up terribly), but he totally tolerated me for loving it (I guess thats what all boyfriends do?? cx )

With Attack on Titan, oh boy. I don't even watch it yet and I just don't really care for it. Probably because one of my friends is OBSESSED WITH IT AND PRETTY WEEBISH about it (example: She claims Levi as her own waifu and HATES people who ship him with someone .___. ) But my boyfriend started loving it not too long ago and is really calm about it. So the AoT fandom has my overall respect, actually. Except my friend e-e.

Overall I'll tolerate those who have their fandoms I don't care about. As long as it doesn't lead to something bigger, SUPER OBSESSIVE, and annoying. And violent. Or something.
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3

Offline Takeshi-San

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2014, 10:24:52 pm »
Homestuck and Attack on Titan are my biggest two peeves.

I enjoy Homestuck on a moderate level. I consider it to be something that isn't bad nor overly good either. However I have ups and downs with its fandom. Almost everyone in the Homestuck fandom that I have spent more than 10 minutes talking to is really nice and hasn't really tried to force it upon me and I appreciate those people. I know other people though that really try to force me to enjoy it, and if I am forced to enjoy something, chances are I will end up not liking it at all in the end.

Attack on Titan on the other hand is another thing I like on a average level. It's just another anime/manga to me. I adore the entire fandom, and I enjoy seeing the talent amongst it, but I feel I got rather bored of the series itself.
K-Con '14 Plans
Sanji and Law - "One Piece" / Wolfwood - "Trigun" / Mako and Wan - "Legend of Korra"

Offline RedEagleEX

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 12:31:25 am »
Reading this entire thread makes me think of this scene from a particular anime:

XD With that said, I never really had much issues with other people fandoms if it didn't interest me much. I'm willing to try if they put the effort into showing me, but other then that, I think even arguing with others is better then nothing.

Which brings me to something that DID annoyed me a lot in the past. Being unable to join specialized groups because they don't think you fit in. T__T Only in the past few years have I been more open about enjoying anime and the many quirks that follows it while enjoying them. But it wasn't always like that for me. When I tried to first join an anime group, I was welcomed by the female members, but when I try to talk to the male members, they often ignored me. Eventually one of them said to me that I don't belong in their group so I just stop showing up. I kind of understood at that time why but it sucked a lot cause my current friends were only into the main stream anime at the time such as Dragon Ball Z and specialties such as Initial D. As soon as I go into other anime I am often met with a shrug.

So to me, I think its nice to even argue with people about your likes and/or dislikes of a particular fandom. The fact that they even acknowledge what you are saying, even if they think you are wrong, is better then being ignored and told you are not welcomed without even giving you a chance.

Offline DufenDorgen

• Cabbit
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2014, 11:31:39 am »

For myself, I'm grateful for those who try to make peace and promote understanding.
So you don't agree that this thread is, despite it's wholesome message, a passive aggressive response to my seething hatred of bronies?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2014, 01:35:22 pm »

So you don't agree that this thread is, despite it's wholesome message, a passive aggressive response to my seething hatred of bronies?

Its not,  this as an open non negative dialog, about things people like and dislike while keeping within the code of conduct 
"Be courteous to other members. Keep discussion friendly and civil, and keep discussion focused on the issue rather than the person."
Esp since the way you feel about fandoms doesn't affect me. 

If I had aggression on the subject it would not be passive.

And besides I don't know why you would think that when I am one of those people you were trying to
"jab" in slag where I'm from for an affectionate desire to conect with, like a "poke" on facebook.  :D Long live SW.

Offline DufenDorgen

• Cabbit
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2014, 02:42:55 am »

Its not,  this as an open non negative dialog, about things people like and dislike while keeping within the code of conduct 
"Be courteous to other members. Keep discussion friendly and civil, and keep discussion focused on the issue rather than the person."
Esp since the way you feel about fandoms doesn't affect me. 

If I had aggression on the subject it would not be passive.

And besides I don't know why you would think that when I am one of those people you were trying to
"jab" in slag where I'm from for an affectionate desire to conect with, like a "poke" on facebook.  :D Long live SW.
**** is a language I speak fluently and I hear ya.

(Language removed per code of conduct. - @random)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 03:23:26 am by @random »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 04:59:59 am »
You know, I've thought on this for the past while...

It reminds me of when I was a teenager, and how when I found something I really enjoyed in anime or games, I would go kind of crazy for it. I'd look for pictures, music, and attempt to draw my own and watch it a lot. Every episode or chapter was something exciting and amazing to see.

I think all that's different is that some, more than others, go overboard with the excitement and don't realize it until they're told. Isn't that the same how fans of the most popular animes and stuff are now? I remember when Pokemon and Harry Potter were huge, and if you didn't like either, there was something wrong with you in certain circles- and as time progressed- you became weird if you still liked them 2 or 4 years later. We're told to grow-up all too often by society, so why are we wanting to pressure people to dislike something they enjoy?
Kumori'15

Offline UptownOtaku

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2014, 11:10:28 am »
I agree with a lot of the points here.  We're entitled to feel a certain way about a fandom, but it's just not something to judge each and every fan of that series or fandom about.  It's the difference between a "generalization" and a "stereotype"--a generalization refers to "many or most" in a group, while stereotypes refer to "all and every", and are NEVER true.  Stereotypes only take one outlying person to prove them wrong, and there is always that one person.  Generalizations are what we use everyday to make decisions on things, and can sometimes be founded on examples of truth in the past.

I think some people just get really tired seeing the same cosplays and hearing the same defense for a particular series.  Having to explain yourself over and over again by saying, "I get that you're really into that fandom.  It wasn't really my thing, but the art style sure is pretty!" or something like that, and having others just come back and tell you that you just "don't get it yet" or that you haven't given it a chance.  They can't know how many episodes you sat through before you gave up unless you've told them.  They don't know your specific reason for disliking it unless you let them know.  A lot of really fandom-happy people get into this mindset that "There's no way anyone could NOT like this as much as I do!" and they defend it like it's their own creation.  We're entitled to get tired of that.  It's a communication thing that people just need to accept and agree to disagree.  I think that's a concept that's been lost a lot of the time.

For me personally, I freely admit that Homestucks and Vocaloids get on my nerves sometimes.  I really don't know much about the actual people behind the cosplays or within the fandoms; I just know that I see them at conventions all the time, every time, and it all just looks the same to me.  I just see a floating crowd of candy corn horns and Vocaloids running around.  I guess at some point I got this perception that they (especially Vocaloids, for whatever reason) were like "go-to" cosplays that felt too generic for me.  And hey, I know that a lot of the generalizations I make about these groups are probably wrong; it's just the way I feel.  In way of My Little Pony, I don't necessarily understand the appeal, but most of the participators in it seem like quite nice people, and I think it's cool that older folks are finding a "kids show" so interesting.  Good for them, honestly!  I just never got into it myself.

Hopefully any of this made sense, and even if it didn't, I guess it was just nice to have a place to get this out of my system in a sophisticated manner (because that's what this thread is all about, yes?).  :D
Find me on:

Facebook:  Uptown Otaku
Tumblr:  uptownotakucosplay
YouTube:  UptovvnOtaku
Instagram:  uptownotaku
Fanfiction.net:  UptownOtaku
DeviantART:  uptownotaku

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2014, 11:59:38 am »
Hopefully any of this made sense, and even if it didn't, I guess it was just nice to have a place to get this out of my system in a sophisticated manner (because that's what this thread is all about, yes?).  :D

Yup and I getcha.  Like for me people can like whatever music they like, not hurting me (and I fully admit this is the opposite of the whole being okay with fandoms you don't like) but then I said don't like, now if it causes you brain pain...if I hear any neil D music I will inwardly cringe so much it hurts (oh how I hate that music with the passion that burns with the power of a thousand suns) and I will avoid like the plague and will literally cover my ears and hum loudly until the evil spawn of ear vomit pain noise called music goes away.....