Author Topic: Issues with bronies  (Read 7821 times)

Offline DufenDorgen

• Cabbit
Issues with bronies
« on: September 07, 2013, 05:00:49 am »
You: Wore the creepy rainbowdash mask and was staying at the red lion

Me: the one who hung out ith you when my room celing was leaking. i would come to ur friends room and talk to all of you.
Broneys are creepy and I don't respect them.

(Topic rename due to thread split. ~ @random)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:41:10 am by @random »
I sell snake oil and snake oil accessories. ;)

Offline Derpyrainbowshy

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
Re: Re: Kumoricon 2013 Missed Connections
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 11:28:53 pm »
You: Wore the creepy rainbowdash mask and was staying at the red lion

Me: the one who hung out ith you when my room celing was leaking. i would come to ur friends room and talk to all of you.
Broneys are creepy and I don't respect them.

dont need the hate but haters ganna hate

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 07:24:25 am »
Wow, how entirely unnecessary.
You don't have to respect us, cuz I'm sure after spreading comments like this no one respects you either fine sir.
Go potate your hate somewhere else.

Offline DufenDorgen

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:34:30 pm »
You don't have to respect us, cuz I'm sure after spreading comments like this no one respects you either fine sir.
Girls arn't bronys, bro-ny. I'm aware that I may be a little harsh on male fans or MPL, but I don't understand them. And if I don't understand it, it must be destroyed. So has been the way for thousands of years before Sigourney weaver, so shall it be, for thousands of years A.S.W. (After Sigourney Weaver)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:25:19 pm by DufenDorgen »

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 07:50:33 pm »
Girls arn't bronys, bro-ny. I'm aware that I may be a little harsh on male fans or MPL, but I don't understand them. And if I don't understand it, it must be destroyed. So has been the way for thousands of years before Sigourney weaver, so shall it be, for thousands of years A.S.G. (After Sigourney Weaver)

Dude, seriously?
That's overly sexist. I can be whatever the hell I want, and I'm a cracking brony like it or not.
If you don't understand something, you should just ignore it. There's no need for all this hate and rudeness. Just don't deal with them and move on.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 08:11:38 pm »
Please keep it civil (not to mention on-topic).

~~~~~

If you don't understand something, you should just ignore it. There's no need for all this hate and rudeness. Just don't deal with them and move on.

+1.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline DufenDorgen

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 09:23:19 pm »
Girls arn't bronys, bro-ny. I'm aware that I may be a little harsh on male fans or MPL, but I don't understand them. And if I don't understand it, it must be destroyed. So has been the way for thousands of years before Sigourney weaver, so shall it be, for thousands of years A.S.G. (After Sigourney Weaver)
Your not understanding me, you are a girl. You like ponies? Cool whatever, you like talking ponies, cool whatever. Next I have to define the term BRO: Bro, noun, informal. Short for the term Brother, meaning male. And I never said I hated broneys, just that don't understand them, also that things I don't understand must be destroyed. This is a rule of nature, if something is too complicated for you it must be suppressed, so it has been for thousands of years B.S.W. and will continue A.S.W.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:25:04 pm by DufenDorgen »

Offline DufenDorgen

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 09:24:36 pm »
Your not understanding me, you are a girl. You like ponies? Cool whatever, you like talking ponies, cool whatever. Next I have to define the term BRO: Bro, noun, informal. Short for the term Brother, meaning male. And I never said I hated broneys, just that don't understand them, also that things I don't understand must be destroyed. This is a rule of nature, if something is too complicated for you it must be suppressed, so it has been for thousands of years B.S.G. and will continue A.S.G.
+10 S.W.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 09:25:33 pm by DufenDorgen »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 11:39:08 pm »
Things you don't understand don't have to be destroyed, simply explored or you ignore them. "Destroy" it in your own consciousness and stop blabbering on like you understand the fan's feelings. If a man decides to like a kid's show, how is that any different from a girl who likes tanks? Your sense of sexuality is strictly based on "only girls can like colorful pastels" and "only guys can like TONKA trucks". It is demeaning to yourself and others.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 12:11:13 am »
I'm a cracking BROny. Did it ever occur to you that I may be a tomboy? That perhaps I like boy stuff and consider myself a bro?
You're extremely sexist. So sexist it actually pains me.
I'm not a girly girl by any means, and I consider myself a tomboy.
So, I'm a bloody brony. And please, kindly sod off.

Offline DufenDorgen

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 12:15:52 am »
Things you don't understand don't have to be destroyed, simply explored or you ignore them. "Destroy" it in your own consciousness and stop blabbering on like you understand the fan's feelings. If a man decides to like a kid's show, how is that any different from a girl who likes tanks? Your sense of sexuality is strictly based on "only girls can like colorful pastels" and "only guys can like TONKA trucks". It is demeaning to yourself and others.
Girls can like tanks for the same reason they can wear boys cloths and it be acceptable, so is the same reason that boys can't like ponies and wear girls cloths.  Society's have reinforced for again, thousands of years B.S.W., that being a man and manly is prestigious and being a woman or feminine makes you sub-par. This is not my opinion, though it is my culture. It is all of our culture, although there are many conscious reasons we may have to object to, or reject this notion, the culture remains the same. Old schools of thought still infest us, thousands of years A.S.W, even though they don't make sense nor are they right. These stigmas are entwined in my character as they are yours. Denying this is a lie, it's like saying your not raciest, although you may not be malicious, passive forms of racism exist in everybody in one form or another. If you have a problem with people that have problems with bronies you should try and change these old forms of thought. Instead of "I do not understand therefore it must be destroyed" Replace with "I do not understand therefore ancient aliens." And the world would be a much better place because of it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 12:25:36 am by DufenDorgen »

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
Re: Issues with bronies
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 04:35:29 am »
Please be mindful of the code of conduct's injunctions against incivility and content that's over PG-13 - two posts have been removed already for this reason. Further such posts will likely get the thread locked, in addition to possible consequences for the poster(s).
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 09:27:51 am »
Girls can like tanks for the same reason they can wear boys cloths and it be acceptable, so is the same reason that boys can't like ponies and wear girls cloths.  Society's have reinforced for again, thousands of years B.S.W., that being a man and manly is prestigious and being a woman or feminine makes you sub-par. This is not my opinion, though it is my culture. It is all of our culture, although there are many conscious reasons we may have to object to, or reject this notion, the culture remains the same. Old schools of thought still infest us, thousands of years A.S.W, even though they don't make sense nor are they right. These stigmas are entwined in my character as they are yours. Denying this is a lie, it's like saying your not raciest, although you may not be malicious, passive forms of racism exist in everybody in one form or another. If you have a problem with people that have problems with bronies you should try and change these old forms of thought. Instead of "I do not understand therefore it must be destroyed" Replace with "I do not understand therefore ancient aliens." And the world would be a much better place because of it.

Did you mean, "This is not my opinion, though it is my arrogant ignorance"?
Because it certainly seems like it.

You are targeting a group of people, and not only are you discriminating the fans of mlp, but you're also sitting there discriminating agenst a girl who enjoys the show because she likes being a part of a group who have 'Bro' in the respected name of said fandom.

I personally am not a gigantic fan of the show, or series etc. But it's totally **** up that you're blatantly making fun of and judging people, who are here specifically to find a place to be accepted and have fun. I came into this thread waiting to be entertained by a con horror story but what I got was 'I think differently and can't keep my mouth shut.' Perhaps you wouldn't have people angered by you if you could keep rude opinions in your head? That is always a suggestion, my dear friend.

If you think you live in a culture that 'promotes' sexism, you're wrong. There is a large difference between media and society.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 09:54:17 am »
Does this really need its own thread? I don't think displaying this sort of harassment and discrimination helps anyone at all, it only lets him continue to be hateful.
And I believe that he is the same man who had issues on the Facebook group, and is attempting some sort of sad revenge for being silenced.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 11:25:16 am »
 first of all I would like to say that  hate against the male fan base on a kiddie show is unnecessary. I do  acknowledge that you were disturbed of a  single post you read  in the forum or maybe even other  posts  in the internet,  but that doesn't mean you have to generalize every  single one of the male purple who are into it. I do understand that you  wanna destroy those people who  give the fanbase a bad name,  but please don't generalize every male  fan as one of them. the best bronies I  know are the males that actually live off the teachings of mlp  which is  tolerance and friendship.

in spite of spiting the male fanbase, I do  admit that I hate a part of the fanbase having a fetish  on mlp-  which what the internet calls clompers  but please don't generalize every single one of us as clompers
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Derpyrainbowshy

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 03:08:51 pm »
first of all I would like to say that  hate against the male fan base on a kiddie show is unnecessary. I do  acknowledge that you were disturbed of a  single post you read  in the forum or maybe even other  posts  in the internet,  but that doesn't mean you have to generalize every  single one of the male purple who are into it. I do understand that you  wanna destroy those people who  give the fanbase a bad name,  but please don't generalize every male  fan as one of them. the best bronies I  know are the males that actually live off the teachings of mlp  which is  tolerance and friendship.

in spite of spiting the male fanbase, I do  admit that I hate a part of the fanbase having a fetish  on mlp-  which what the internet calls clompers  but please don't generalize every single one of us as clompers

i agree. cloppers and bronys aren't the same. and as for the term brony is for boys and girls. its a general term. some say pegasister but that never caught on. and i like being a bro. even tho i am very much female

Offline DufenDorgen

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 05:11:19 pm »
This has gone to far, the mod that moved the posts also deleted the one confessing me being a troll. Anyways, I've been called sexist 3-4 different ways (Still don't understand why), rude, a hate, unrespectable. My point is, that the people that responded in such a way are on my level. I thought by now someone would have actually read stuff I posted apart from "Bronies are creepy and I don't respect them" and "I cannot understand so destroy it" Seriously, thats something a biologist would say about a baboon. SIGOURNEY WEAVER. I replaced A.D. and B.C.E. with AFTER SIGOURNEY WEAVER AND BEFORE SIGOURNEY WEAVER. and no one seemed to notice.

And the real heart felt socially conscious observations on our world and how it's up to us to make it better was completely disregarded.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 05:30:27 pm »
This has gone to far, the mod that moved the posts also deleted the one confessing me being a troll. Anyways, I've been called sexist 3-4 different ways (Still don't understand why), rude, a hate, unrespectable. My point is, that the people that responded in such a way are on my level. I thought by now someone would have actually read stuff I posted apart from "Bronies are creepy and I don't respect them" and "I cannot understand so destroy it" Seriously, thats something a biologist would say about a baboon. SIGOURNEY WEAVER. I replaced A.D. and B.C.E. with AFTER SIGOURNEY WEAVER AND BEFORE SIGOURNEY WEAVER. and no one seemed to notice.

And the real heart felt socially conscious observations on our world and how it's up to us to make it better was completely disregarded.

Imagine if someone started a conversation with you in the following way: "You're creepy and I don't respect you."

Would you be willing to listen to anything they said after that?

I didn't take your posts seriously. I assumed you were just goofing off, especially with the Sigourney Weaver stuff (which admittedly did make me laugh a little bit).

But if you do want to have a serious discussion about bronies and society, then I think you do yourself a great disservice with some of the other stuff you threw into the mix. When people are evaluating your words seriously, how are they supposed to know, "Oh, well he's just kidding about this part but he's totally serious about this part."

I also believe that individuals have a great deal of responsibility in ensuring that they are understood by the people around them. If the reactions of people are mostly negative, it may be worth re-evaluating what you said and if necessary, issuing an apology. "I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot. I apologize. What I meant to say was..."

Just some advice, do with it as you please.  ;D

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline DufenDorgen

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 05:55:05 pm »

Imagine if someone started a conversation with you in the following way: "You're creepy and I don't respect you."

Would you be willing to listen to anything they said after that?

I didn't take your posts seriously. I assumed you were just goofing off, especially with the Sigourney Weaver stuff (which admittedly did make me laugh a little bit).

But if you do want to have a serious discussion about bronies and society, then I think you do yourself a great disservice with some of the other stuff you threw into the mix. When people are evaluating your words seriously, how are they supposed to know, "Oh, well he's just kidding about this part but he's totally serious about this part."

I also believe that individuals have a great deal of responsibility in ensuring that they are understood by the people around them. If the reactions of people are mostly negative, it may be worth re-evaluating what you said and if necessary, issuing an apology. "I'm sorry we got off on the wrong foot. I apologize. What I meant to say was..."

Just some advice, do with it as you please.  ;D
I definitely see what your saying and appreciate the change of tone. Though no, I don't want to have a serious conversation about broneys, because i don't actually have an issue with them. I go to kumoricon not just because costumes are fun, but because I find the people unjudgemental nature refreshing. I understand why calling broneys creep would generate a negative response and that's the whole point of trolling. And your right, I should not treat everyone like they don't have a 6th grade reading comprehension level. I'm not surprised that people reacted negitivly. I'm surprised that it went on as long as it did, despite all the hints that I might not be serious.

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 09:22:21 am »
Enough's enough. The last handful of posts have been removed, and the thread is locked.