Author Topic: Sakura Con 2014  (Read 11142 times)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Sakura Con 2014
« on: September 10, 2013, 01:18:57 pm »
I thought I'd add this thread up for anyone who's planning to go to Sakura Con and want to have a bit of discussions :D What with the forums being down and all....

I was thinking of starting one of those Google docs for cosplays again, like someone had last year on Facebook, and that was on Kumori's facebook this year. Also, of making a Google docs for the photoshoots if people wanted to organize them into a place that could be edited easily? Of course, the shoots could be organized (messily) in this thread.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Sakura Con 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 05:02:17 pm »
I'm going. I don't know exactly who I'm going as though yet. I want to get my Rizelea (Trinity Universe) done by then though.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 11:54:30 pm »
Im going! I have a ton of costumes planned. For my main cosplays i have Tifa Lockhart for whichever day the square/FF shoots are, most likely day 1. Then my Kirito SAO version which ill be redoing to head my SAO shoot, day 2 if the pattern keeps up. Ill also have Ruby Rose from RWBY and Kuroyukihime from Accel World, most likely day 3 and 0 respectively. And Red from pokemon and Homura Akemi from Madoka Magica for the shoots.
Dont know if i can fit it all in, but im going to try.
DA:http://azuraschampion.deviantart.com/
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014, days may change
Day 0: Tifa Lockhart
Day 1: Ruby Rose
Day 2: Mother's Rosario Kirito/ Erza Scarlet
Day 3: Kuroyukihime/ Tifa Lockhart/ Secret cosplay
Day 4: Erza Scarlet

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 04:11:42 pm »
My friend and I will also be attending Sakuracon 2014. We'll be doing 3 paired cosplays: Captain Aizen/Captain Gin Ichimaru from Bleach, Booker Dewitt/Motorized Patriot from Bioshock Infinite, and Miles Edgeworth/Phoenix Wright from the Ace Attorney series.

I also am going to re-attempt my Asuna SAO cosplay which suffered from some size issues during Kumoricon. I look forward to trying to attend the SAO shoot this time.

Sakuracon 2013 was my first ever convention, so I will always enjoy returning to Seattle for 3 days of anime bliss!

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 06:07:27 pm »
Well i look forward to having you at the SAO shoot. If you want you can  stay and hang out with me as Kirito and Asuna for the day.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 11:04:35 pm »
So I for sure am going one day as Stocking Anarchy. For sure. I told someone I would..So I gotta now..Plus I wanted to cosplay her for the longest time now. I probably won't bring Fate to Sakuracon..I think she's more of a "hot weather cosplay" like Kcon here. I will for sure be bringing Serena from Pokemon X/Y , and more then likely Kyoko Sakura in her battle outfit. No idea what else though yet. This might be the first "non-squaresoft/Square-Enix" con for me lol

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 07:59:38 pm »
I'm definitely going. Besides the fact I'm planning to bring Otaku 25 and older back, I'm also planning on doing a cosplay skit with a friend of mine for Sakuracon. I may also be involved in Cosplay chess. I LOVE Sakuracon, it's great convention! And you can tell the Sakuracon staff I said that.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:31:35 pm by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 04:58:45 pm »
I'm hoping to go to Sakuracon 2014.

I'm definitely going. Besides the fact I'm planning to bring Oraku 25 and older back, I'm also planning on doing a cosplay skit with a friend of mine for Sakuracon. I may also be involved in Cosplay chess. I LOVE Sakuracon, it's great convention! And you can tell the Sakuracon staff I said that.

You misspelled "otaku"
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2013, 07:31:52 pm »
Thanks I got it!

Offline Z_Skie

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 11:04:19 pm »
I want to go to Sakura-Con! It just might be too expensive for me... I hope I can go though.
I will be cosplaying 2014:
Seychelles
Fem Luigi

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 08:17:16 am »
Assuming I can make it, it looks like I don't really have anything but homestuck for con.
I'm going to be cronus, and a friend kankri
also I'm doing dirk, and a friend jake.
And I may have another, but I'm going to have to play with it. It's the kind of thing I'd be using alot more liuid latex/scar wax/ etc. which I need a bit more practice working with...

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 09:25:20 pm »
Well, I'll for sure be bringing Stocking Anarchy to Sakuracon

Offline VictorianMess

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 11:09:02 pm »
I personally can't wait for Sakura-con. Love going up to Seattle. It'll be my fourth year! Cosplaying Sharon from Pandora Hearts maybe Yuuko from XXXHolic. Hoping to focus more on taking lots of pictures this time around.
2014 cosplays

Sharon- Pandora Hearts
Seth- Trinity Blood

Offline shikyo

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 08:10:57 pm »
I love Seattle so much! I'm going with my boyfriend and we have a couple cosplays planned for SC2014. :)

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 07:49:46 pm »
I'm excited about Sakuracon because a friend of mine is planning to have me go as Sub-Zero. UI'm also planning on bringing Otaku 25 and older back along with my fiction theater (Programming staff willing.) and I'm going to be doing my first Cosplay Chess (Staff willing of course.) Much respect to the Sakuracon staff.

Offline Z_Skie

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 11:45:31 pm »
I am for sure going to Sakura Con!!!!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:49:19 pm by Z_Skie »
I will be cosplaying 2014:
Seychelles
Fem Luigi

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 10:35:04 am »
Well ladies and gents it's done. I've gotten my Hotel for Sakuracon. This time I'll be staying at the Red Lion. Nothing against the Roosevelt, but as nice as it was, it was also kind of cramped. I like to be able to spread out a little. I'm VERY excited about this upcoming year.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 02:33:07 pm »
Are there any sakuracon cosplayers that are cosplaying from the Magical Girl lyirical Nanoha series? I'm looking for a Nanoha to hang out with as most of the time I will be Fate Testarossa for this con..I can (and actually already started) make Raising Heart Excelion.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 09:40:24 am »
Got my room booked. Now just trying to figure out my cosplay plans and still need to get my badge. I will be staying at the Sheraton. I also highly recommend the Hyatt at Olive 8. Very nice hotel and it is one of the cheapest ones.

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 05:24:45 pm »
The keep on having it during Holy Week. But perhaps one day as I am considering a relocation to Renton (Ie, Microsoft or Boeing)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 10:02:01 pm »
The keep on having it during Holy Week. But perhaps one day as I am considering a relocation to Renton (Ie, Microsoft or Boeing)

Huh? Sorry but I don't understand any of that..I'm quite lost on what it is you're talking about.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 07:46:38 am »
He means Sakuracon is usually on Easter weekend, which if your in a very Christian family can make it quite hard to go to.

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 04:24:37 pm »
I'm already pre-registered, won't be staying in a hotel this year (I'll be living much closer to Seattle again), have my cosplay planned out (And progress being made on all of them), and some events that I'm definitely going to!

Cosplay list:
Counting Sheep Prussia
Cardverse Prussia
Teutonic Knight Prussia
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:19:01 pm by baka-imouto »
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 10:51:46 am »
Currently plans are Albel Nox from Star Ocean 3 and Korra from Legend of Korra. I may also work on Elle from Shadow Skill. Depends on how things go between now and then.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 02:19:41 pm »
I will be starting yet another Sakuracon cosplay. Sayuri Kurata from Kanon. One of my top favorite anime ever, so I have to..lol I should be starting very soon.

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 06:43:33 pm »
Looking pretty likely that I may make this one. I'm probably going to be Ness again. :D

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline Toxic Bunny Pro

• Oni
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 08:31:32 pm »
We will be doing:
*Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood- (Edward, Lust, tba, tba)
*Vocaloid- (Rin Kagamine, Len Kagamine, Kamui Gakupo*, KAITO Shion)
*Ouran Highschool Host Club- (Haruhi Fujioka, Tamaki Suoh, Mitsukini "Honey" Honeynozuka,  Takashi "Mori" Morinozuka)
*Death Note- (L Lawliet, Near, tba, tba)
We may do a panel for something but have no idea or plans yet. :)
Toxic Bunny Pro Cosplay Plans for K-Con 2014!!!:
(possible order)
~Black Butler*
~Free! Iwatobi swim club
~Kuroko no basket
{Vocaloid}
~Hetalia*
~TBA

Offline Ryo~T.B

• Sailor Scout
    • Twitter
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 08:37:37 pm »
 ^ not in correct order yet. Still deciding ^

(Member/manager of T.B.P)
--------------------------------
You. Ya, you. Hi. Have a nice day. You're beautiful inside and out. ( ^ω^) 🐼

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2014, 08:50:11 pm »
Well, my lineup has changed considerably, so here the new one is.
Day 0: Tifa Lockhart, casual real life Kirito, or Miku Hatsune Solitude Module, depending on how warm it is.
Day 1: Kirito SAO version, School uniform Kirito, and Tifa lockhart
Day 2: Ruby Rose from RWBY, and Homura Akemi from Madoka Magica.
Day 3:  Miku Hatsune default.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:02:17 pm by Azuraschampion »

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2014, 10:08:03 pm »
For this year it's Sub-Zero for me. (The crowd gasps) yes i know this is quite the change from the past few years but hey change is good.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 05:41:04 pm »
Case anyone cares..My SC2014 cosplays are:
-Gym Leader Sabrina (Pokemon) [Anime Season 1 version][/size]-Akaito (Vocaloid) [Black & Red version]-Sora (Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+.) [Limit Drive version]

Kingdom Hearts Photo Shoot (as well as Final Fantasy and Squaresoft/Square-Enix Shoots) Friday Day 1.

[/size]Shoot locations seen here:
[/size]https://www.facebook.com/groups/627102450660655/
[/size]Look under photos.

[/size]KH is at 1PM Location- area 2
[/size]FF is at 8PM Location- Hall RIGHT outside the dealers hall/AA room doors.
[/size]Square is at 5PM Location- area2

[/size]I am running the KH and Square shoots, if you want to make sure you are in the right spot, look first at the location pics in the facebook page, then find me, I will more then likely be the ONLY Sora in Limit Drive..Pretty hard to miss..I am NOT running the FF Shoot.

[/size]-------------
Pokemon..
The pokemon shoot will be on Saturday (day 2). Location and time are still up in the air. I am not running this.

------------------
Vocaloid..
The Vocaloid shoot will be Sunday (day 3) at noon. Location still up in the air..But I think it will be in the grassy area near the main park outside the 4th floor..Like, walking out the doors, going out into the main open area, then going right a little..If you went to the shoot last year, same place..I also will NOT be running this..[/size][/font]

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2014, 08:09:20 am »
I'm trying to go despite the problems that happened with the directors, but I'm having trouble getting paid for my work.

I have a bunch of different cosplay ideas that I'll probably finish deciding upon last minute if I am able to go. Kaito from vocaloid is pretty much guaranteed.

If anyone wants to carpool from around my area (I live in goldendale WA, so hood river, the dalles, yakima, tacoma, maybe even the tri-cities) feel free to PM me.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 08:13:18 am by GregAtlas »
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2014, 08:14:37 am »
Now that the Sakuracon forums are down, what are people using to coordinate photoshoot schedules?
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2014, 03:53:55 pm »
Now that the Sakuracon forums are down, what are people using to coordinate photoshoot schedules?

http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51
Scroll and look for the thread with the photo shoot schedule facebook thing..It sys it in the title..There's a link there that takes you to an actual photo shoot scheduling facebook event.

I also only posted the whole forum for another reason. Upon clicking into some of the threads, they have a facebook event link posted in them with times and locations. I know you are doing vocaloid, so I'll use that one. There is a facebook event link posted in the vocaloid thread that has a day and time.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 11:33:52 am »
It looks like I'll be going, but I will most likely not be bringing and cosplays with me.  I'm hoping to be able to pay for Chan_Highwind and our son to go, as well.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Rurutie8

• Cabbit
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2014, 08:21:12 pm »
WIN A PLAYSTATION 4 AT THE EXTREMELY HARD TAKE-HOME ANIME QUIZ!  This is a multiple-choice, open-book, take-home quiz that begins on the Sakuracon web site three weeks before the convention.  You can look up anything you want to get the answer.  The questions are so hard that you probably will not know any of the answers from memory.  Instead, you will need to do research into the real world of such topics as art, geography, history, literature, music and science.  Hopefully, this will give you a better appreciation of what goes on in anime and some of the hidden meanings behind the material.

There will be other great prizes.  If you have any questions, you can ask me in this forum.
The quiz has started.  Go to the Sakura-con website.  Under Programming, click on Contests.  Print a copy for yourself.  Remember to print your name and badge number (if available) on Page 01.  Read and understand the rules on Page 02.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2014, 03:06:37 pm »
Hey everyone, this is ANimeman73 here. With Sakuracon coming up fast I am pleased to annouce that Otaku 25 and older will be returning to Sakuracon this year. Myself and Agent of the Divine One are looking forward to seeing all you great aniem fans 25 and older. And also those under 25 are welcome just as long as everybody plays nice. I like to be inclusive but keep things civil, respectful, and happy. Come to the panel and let's talk about things such as how we got into anime, communicating with the younger generation, cosplay, and a new subject for this year what do we do in our real lives.

Here's the information you need to know on the where and the when.

Date: 4/18/2014
Room: panels Room 2 (4C-2)
Time:8:45 PM-9:30 PM

I hope to see you there!

Offline Jacob_Blackfeather

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2014, 12:05:57 am »
For the first time I am actually going to Sakura Con I am super excited and got my Diglett cosplay together for it >:3