Author Topic: Some possible, new, small events for 2014  (Read 3356 times)

Offline Izumi Curtis

• Oni
Some possible, new, small events for 2014
« on: September 08, 2013, 12:08:23 pm »
An idea for next year... having a Soul Eater game where registered teams go on a scavenger hunt and try to collect Kishan souls, plus a bonus witch soul that would be really hard to locate.  The team with the most found by the end of the event wins a "Golden Death Scythe" award of some type. (The "souls" would have to be hidden in advance and consist of something along the lines of different stamps that would be put on a form or in a book.  Duplicates would only count as one soul collected.  Participants would not have to dress in S.E. cosplay, but for the time when the books, etc. would be turned in for a final count it would add to the fun.  Maybe award teams who collect above a certain number of souls with one of the Jello Soul Sculptures.  Would there be a way to make something like this official and have a table for day 1 to sign up teams and pass out the books, as well as a small place near the end of the con to count and pass out awards?
Another idea (too much caffeine this morning) might be to have a cosplay contest where the entrants try to combine as many characters as possible into one outfit.  Kind of like the silliness from the attached video, but with applause and celebration for creativity rather than berating the Inuyashu-steampunk-Spocks from Homestuck.  http://youtu.be/UAgHBsJUbPw

Offline BellDue

• Cabbit
Re: Some possible, new, small events for 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 09:13:38 pm »
This a fantastic idea! It sounds like so much fun!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 02:07:05 pm »
Scavanger hunts are kind of hard. Hiding something around con-space and hoping someone else doesn't pick it up and take it to Lost and Found is one issue. You'd honestly, be better off with participants holding the kishin souls and people having to go find them during a 1 or 2 hour block of time. It sounds fun, but it kind of has to be organized in advance, and that might be hard...
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 11:03:35 pm »
I like the idea of more scavenger hunts but I agree with veraca; if you hide items, they run the risk of getting stolen.

However, I might recommend that you put up special posters or pictures around the con space (Hilton/Red Lion) that people can instead take a picture of and if they collect a certain number or all of them on their camera, they could win a prize. ^^

My one concern is that you might have to ask the hotel if it is okay to put them up for a day; that, and you might need to let con staffers know that these posters are NOT to be taken down - and it would be nice if they included a message in the booklet that the hunt is available for people to play, just to give you some exposure.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline shandra

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 01:47:06 pm »
What about doing something with Final Fantasy old and new games?
I don't know what exactly, but I know I would go to it just because it's Final Fantasy.
I'll be waiting...for you...so...
If you come here...
You'll find me.
I promise.

Offline ConMom

• Oni
    • Facebook
Soul Eater kishin egg hunt
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 11:17:03 am »
Hey Izumi,
I sent an email to you let me know if you are interested in help... I agree with Bunnygirl it might be best if people found the SE character of the day and get the eggs... would this be a one day event? two day or what??
I can take one day/time slot as Azusa Yumi.. since I am cosplaying her anyway..

can't wait... I am buying extra plastic eggs  just PM me to keep me in the loop as the date grows closer..

Best Regards
Meadow Wetherbee.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 08:51:56 pm »
What about doing something with Final Fantasy old and new games?
I don't know what exactly, but I know I would go to it just because it's Final Fantasy.
That says to me rapidfire trivia about the whole franchise (all games including the MMOs, Unlimited, Crystal Chronicles, Legend of the Crystals, and yes even Spirits Within)

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 09:38:53 pm »
Ill be glad to help,  I got no plans for what to do at this con anyway.