Author Topic: Looking for cosplay partner~  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
Looking for cosplay partner~
« on: September 04, 2013, 11:12:35 pm »
Hello there~
So, I have got to Kumoricon for three years and plan on going a fourth year.
I have always gone with the same friend and as much as we love each other, we are not the type to do pairing cosplays. (As in shipping) And next year, she is thinking of bringing her fiance.

I really don't want to be a third wheel.

So, what I am looking for his a cosplay partner who wouldn't mind being shippy. I know this is a bit of an odd request, but we have a full year to get to know one another, amiright?

One cosplay duo I have in mind is Dad and Roxy. I'd be Roxy, so looking for a Dad! Male or Female? Doesn't matter.
I am open to do other cosplays, as long as it isn't something incredibly intricate. I may or may not choose more than one cosplay partner for this, since a few different people seem interested. If you are not okay with that, please let me know. I will do my best to change things if needed. It is also not required to be attached to each other's hips the entire time. What I want most is a partner for photo shoots and the ball.

I am 21, will be 22 by the time con roles around. I am a female that does do crossplays. Um, I am white? I don't know if that is important or not, but someone might want to know. I do not smoke, but do drink on occasion. Have not done so at a con. I am single. And I think that about sums it up? I mean, if you want to know more, I would be glad to share!

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:42:15 pm by Ryouku-Mirazaki »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Looking for cosplay partner~
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 11:25:36 pm »
Might be hard to find someone. I know ppl like me already have the next cosplays I wanna do worked out so unless they are cosplaying characters you already have in mind, then it's gonna be a little hard. If I was cosplaying stuff that shipps with yours I'd be more then happy to walk around, but I'm a crossplayer (MtF) and like I said, I already have my next ones planned out..

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 06:03:07 am »
Can you give an example of this dad and roxy? I'm not familiar with them.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 12:15:58 am »
Roxy Lalonde and Dad Crocker are both characters from Homestuck. So, if that steers you away, I totally understand. But this is just one cosplay I want to do and since K-con is a four day con next year, I have even more options to strive for!

And, I don't really have anything else planned out besides being Roxy. I'm an open book.

Offline ghostkomokhiru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 08:56:52 pm »
Okay, how shippy would this be? xD
((like... yeah.))

I have a few people that might like to do this, and I might?? I have nooooo idea.

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 08:54:47 pm »
Okay, how shippy would this be? xD
((like... yeah.))

I have a few people that might like to do this, and I might?? I have nooooo idea.

As shippy as the other person is comfortable with. Holding hands, cuddling, possible kisses. I am more than willing to post pictures of myself if need be. And I would like pictures of the other person as well if they are willing!

Offline ghostkomokhiru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 06:57:25 pm »
Alright, I might be interested ^w^ But I don't really cosplay Homestuck anymore, are there any other cosplays you'd like to do?
I cosplay...
Anarchy Stocking
Vanellope von Schweetz
Madoka Kaname

Those are really my only active cosplays, but I'm open to anything. ^^

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 08:28:11 pm »
It'd be nice having someone to go around con with. But like ghostkomokhiru said, I also don't cosplay homestuck. I do cosplay other things that are popular though. I'm a MtF crossplayer though. But I will have Kyoko Sakura's battle outfit soon, as well as Fate Testarossa (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha) who I'd like a Nanoha for and a Serena (Pokemon X/Y) who I could use just about ANY trainer for (Calem would be nice, but any works). I don't mind shippy things, but I don't think I could just kiss a random stranger..Plus shippy also depends on how old you are as well. Not stating your age in this thread means you could be 12, or 30, we don't know (those that don't know you that is) so it'd be good to specify that. But yea, f you're an adult, I really don't have a problem being shippy to a point (It's be better to talk and stuff before you decide to kiss a stranger for shipping reasons..Stuff like that).

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 10:45:27 pm »
Alright, I might be interested ^w^ But I don't really cosplay Homestuck anymore, are there any other cosplays you'd like to do?
I cosplay...
Anarchy Stocking
Vanellope von Schweetz
Madoka Kaname

Well, I am not sure what I could do with those. I mean, I am definitely not able to do Panty and from what I know, Stocking doesn't really 'hook' up with anyone. I suppose I could be another Sugar Rush racer, but that kinda defeats the purpose of being shippy, because I don't ship Vanellope with anyone. And I don't really plan on cosplaying from Madoka Magica. Sorry if I sound like a pusspuss. I'm not trying to be difficult.
But I greatly appreciate your offer! It is amazing that people respond to this thread at all!

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 10:50:34 pm »
It'd be nice having someone to go around con with. But like ghostkomokhiru said, I also don't cosplay homestuck. I do cosplay other things that are popular though. I'm a MtF crossplayer though. But I will have Kyoko Sakura's battle outfit soon, as well as Fate Testarossa (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha) who I'd like a Nanoha for and a Serena (Pokemon X/Y) who I could use just about ANY trainer for (Calem would be nice, but any works). I don't mind shippy things, but I don't think I could just kiss a random stranger..Plus shippy also depends on how old you are as well. Not stating your age in this thread means you could be 12, or 30, we don't know (those that don't know you that is) so it'd be good to specify that. But yea, f you're an adult, I really don't have a problem being shippy to a point (It's be better to talk and stuff before you decide to kiss a stranger for shipping reasons..Stuff like that).

Of course! I would like to get to know any of my new cosplay shipping buddies better. Shoot, even if I had known someone for a few years, I'd probably be way to blushy to just kiss them like it was something I did everyday. But, yes. I would hope that there would be multiple conversations before the con in which to become more comfortable.
I don't believe I know either Kyoko Sakura or Fate Testarossa. I am a huge Pokemon fan though and have been wanting to cosplay from it for ages now. I would have to brush up a bit on my knowledge of Serena and Calem though!
Also, thank you for being interested and posting in this thread!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 10:58:38 pm »
That's a good idea haha I feel ya though on that..I'm pretty shy around new people. Once you get to know me though, I'm a nutcase haha (meaning I'm funny and outgoing, not literally crazy  lol)

You don't know Kyoko!!?? You need to watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica (in Japanese it's: Mahou Shojo Madoka Magika) She's got a red/gold/silver spear, long red ponytail..Yea..But not a lot of people know Fate either..I bought the anime she's from (listed above) in like 2008. I bought season 2 though, and loved it. so i started re watching it all.

Pokemon is awesome. Too awesome. lol I already got the skirt and leggings for Serena done. Anyway, you could be anyone you wanted to there because people ship all of them with any of them so..But I think, more, it's that people ship the 2 main choose-able characters in each game that has a girl. But yea. Anything works..Also, i'm quite partial to making my partners cosplay parts (the stuff I CAN make anyway) for only the cost of materials. Meaning, say you cosplayed Nanoha (just say), I would make you her weapon, wig, and a few other parts that you might not be able to make. Except you buy the materials. Which is WAY cheaer then getting a commission of certain things haha

And you're welcome. I've been meaning to find more cosplay partners since my only other group member sometimes doesn't want to cosplay from the same stuff.

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 11:46:15 pm »
That's a good idea haha I feel ya though on that..I'm pretty shy around new people. Once you get to know me though, I'm a nutcase haha (meaning I'm funny and outgoing, not literally crazy  lol)

You don't know Kyoko!!?? You need to watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica (in Japanese it's: Mahou Shojo Madoka Magika) She's got a red/gold/silver spear, long red ponytail..Yea..But not a lot of people know Fate either..I bought the anime she's from (listed above) in like 2008. I bought season 2 though, and loved it. so i started re watching it all.

Pokemon is awesome. Too awesome. lol I already got the skirt and leggings for Serena done. Anyway, you could be anyone you wanted to there because people ship all of them with any of them so..But I think, more, it's that people ship the 2 main choose-able characters in each game that has a girl. But yea. Anything works..Also, i'm quite partial to making my partners cosplay parts (the stuff I CAN make anyway) for only the cost of materials. Meaning, say you cosplayed Nanoha (just say), I would make you her weapon, wig, and a few other parts that you might not be able to make. Except you buy the materials. Which is WAY cheaer then getting a commission of certain things haha

And you're welcome. I've been meaning to find more cosplay partners since my only other group member sometimes doesn't want to cosplay from the same stuff.

I haven't gotten to watch all of Modoka! Which is a shame because it is like, 13 episodes long. But I promise it is on my list of things to do, ahaha. I've seen maybe the first three episodes? I dunno, it was a long time ago I watched it.
And wow, that is super cool that you do that for people! Like, really nice and everything. I am the same way with my friends if I know I have the skill to do it. But that totally sounds like a deal if I ever jumped on that bandwagon!

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 11:55:02 pm »
Sorry if I'm butting in, but it might help if you edited the title of your thread so it's clear that you would like to meet up with Homestuck cosplayers. ^^

--> Looking for Homestuck cosplay partner, I mean.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 01:13:33 am »
Sorry if I'm butting in, but it might help if you edited the title of your thread so it's clear that you would like to meet up with Homestuck cosplayers. ^^

--> Looking for Homestuck cosplay partner, I mean.

You are not butting in at all! I didn't even think of that, ahaha, silly me. But, I want to do more than Homestuck. It is just that one pairing that I want to do for Homestuck, so I ended up advertising with that. But, I think I may close this thread down soon, or put it to a hold. I don't want to become overwhelmed with cosplay partners! I don't want to let anyone down or make promises I can't keep.

Offline ghostkomokhiru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2013, 11:46:58 pm »
I cosplay...
Anarchy Stocking
Vanellope von Schweetz
Madoka Kaname

Well, I am not sure what I could do with those. I mean, I am definitely not able to do Panty and from what I know, Stocking doesn't really 'hook' up with anyone. I suppose I could be another Sugar Rush racer, but that kinda defeats the purpose of being shippy, because I don't ship Vanellope with anyone. And I don't really plan on cosplaying from Madoka Magica. Sorry if I sound like a pusspuss. I'm not trying to be difficult.
But I greatly appreciate your offer! It is amazing that people respond to this thread at all!

I am so sorry for the late reply, I cosplay Fem! Gamzee and Nepeta too, I forgot to tell you, lol.

Offline Ryouku-Mirazaki

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 11:49:12 am »
I cosplay...
Anarchy Stocking
Vanellope von Schweetz
Madoka Kaname

I am so sorry for the late reply, I cosplay Fem! Gamzee and Nepeta too, I forgot to tell you, lol.

Ohohhoho~ I also cosplay Nepeta! She is actually the main thing I cosplay from Homestuck. Twice I have been Jane, but never for a convention. Just random meetups in Eugene.
I do really like Gamzee though~ Fem! or not <3
Maybe we can make something work?
So far I am being Roxy (still w/o a Dad), Disciple (with a Signless </3), and a random pink maid!

Offline ghostkomokhiru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 11:58:09 am »
Of course we can make something work ^u^
Nepeta is probably my favorite to cosplay from Homestuck, but I am currently remaking her hat/horns/tail.
It was actually a Halloween costume, and considering that it was made almost a year ago, my sewing skills/crafting skills are much better now. c:
//you could go as fem! equius holy strong moirails <3