Author Topic: Sword Art Online and Accel World 2014  (Read 7549 times)

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
Sword Art Online and Accel World 2014
« on: September 04, 2013, 07:07:19 pm »
Date: day 2(Aug 30th)
Time:1:00 PM
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 10:22:08 am by Azuraschampion »
DA:http://azuraschampion.deviantart.com/
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014, days may change
Day 0: Tifa Lockhart
Day 1: Ruby Rose
Day 2: Mother's Rosario Kirito/ Erza Scarlet
Day 3: Kuroyukihime/ Tifa Lockhart/ Secret cosplay
Day 4: Erza Scarlet

Offline BandGeek1101

• Cabbit
    • Best place to get to know me
Re: Sword Art Online and Accel World 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 07:37:49 pm »
At least 1 of the days I'll be wearing Beginning level Asuna.. With the little red vest and skirt?
http://bandgeek1101.tumblr.com/
Anastasia (Once Upon a December Dress):99% completed
Jace Beleren: 0% completed
ACB Courtesan: 0% completed
N.Italy/2P!N.Italy: 100% completed

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 09:37:37 pm »
I might do something....Not sure..If not, sorry lol i will still be you're photographer Azura. So there's that..

Offline Roget

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 04:44:25 pm »

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 08:02:08 pm »
At least 1 of the days I'll be wearing Beginning level Asuna.. With the little red vest and skirt?
Oh cool, you dont see too many of those. Are you wearing the cloak with it too?

Offline BandGeek1101

• Cabbit
    • Best place to get to know me
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 12:11:06 am »
Oh cool, you dont see too many of those. Are you wearing the cloak with it too?
Yeah. I was wearing it this year, but I couldn't stand the cloak I had...too warm...... Though for photos and things, I may wear it.
http://bandgeek1101.tumblr.com/
Anastasia (Once Upon a December Dress):99% completed
Jace Beleren: 0% completed
ACB Courtesan: 0% completed
N.Italy/2P!N.Italy: 100% completed

Offline ShadowDancer

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 10:04:55 pm »
Ahh! I've been getting into the manga, and If I have the time and money to put into it I'll probably cosplay, it would be cool to meet up as a group if a lot of people are going :)
K-con 2014:
[Not in order]
_____
--> Masaomi Kida
-->Akasuna No Sasori
-->Obito Uchiha(Tobi)

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 05:50:41 pm »
Thinking of doing Asuna (:
KUMORICON 2017
Mikasa Ackerman | Pikachu

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 12:04:58 pm »
If I had the right body-type, I'd try going for Sinon to match up with your GGO Kirito, Azura, but I will likely be giving my Asuna cosplay another go with hopefully greater success than this year. I'll be making some modifications for better fit and overall a better look for the character. :)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 02:29:42 pm »
If I can size down enough to feel comfortable, I might so the Sinon GGO cosplay youwanted me to do, too, Azura..Maybe..

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 03:50:44 pm »
Either one of you doing it would be fine with me. I wasnt expecting anyone to do it.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 08:33:44 am »
I'll probably bring one of my Asuna's to Kumo. (:
Either Undine, or maybe my redone SAO if I get to it. (:
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 11:06:07 am »
Well lucky for you, both work really well in the heat. Mostly white for SAO version, and Undine Asuna is apretty light outfit too. I'll be bringing my redone SAO version as well, so if you wanted to be cosplay partners for the day we could do that again.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 07:38:08 pm »
So ive decided to do my Mother's Rosario Kirito first, and put GGO Kirito on the back burner till its finished. I should still be able to do both, but ill be wearing Mother's Rosario version instead, and do GGO version a different day.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 08:46:29 pm »
Well i just bought a School avatar Kuroyukihime cosplay, so im going be doing her instead of GGO Kirito since that wiped out my funds for him. Ill still be Mother's Rosario version Kirito to run this shoot though.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 08:53:32 pm by Azuraschampion »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2014, 09:07:06 pm »
Azura, I might do ALO Silica for this. Now that I finalized a character....FINALLY....I can start it..Shouldn't be hard at all..
No promises though..Already have 3 cosplays (2 if you count akaito for only the shoot and wedding thing).
So that leaves me with more needed
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 09:38:28 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 01:13:41 am »
During the times when I'm not waddling about as McKupo, I'm thinking that I might be doing SAO Kirito, complete with Elucidator & Dark Repulser, but that's still kinda up in the air for me...
Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline Loli_Wolf

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 04:45:02 pm »
I will be doing Kirito from the SAO part of the series with full natural hair cut and done like his, and almost full cosplay -vest, straps, symbols, shirt, pants, only thing wont have is the shoes but will be wearing slim black shoes looking similar to his (was not paying $50 for look a like shoes)
I will also have both swords and sword sheaths most likely gonna be in actual metal it all depends on my tax return money because it's around $750 for the black to be made and $1100 for the blue to be made so if my tax return is good I will have them both as real metal swords if not I will still have them just not as metal probably pvc

I will also have a Klein going with me to

I hope to run into anyone else in SAO cosplay its been a favorite of mine since I first saw it so I am looking forward to seeing the post in here of who is going
Life=anime / anime=life ~~> so be goofy, be happy, and be proud to show of that inner anime nerd  =^~^=
Im cute and cuddly - but fearce like a wolf - bite first snuggle after

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 05:59:04 pm »
Loli_Wolf, I wanna start this with a reply..Are you wanting them metal for a reason? Personally non metal ones are more practical, plus if they are metal, con staff is gonna make sure you can't take them out of the sheaths..Seems like a waste to me..If you buy them because you actually want them that badly (which it seems like you do spending that kinda money), then getting a con safe pair would be a good idea..Sorta defeats the purpose of having them at a con if you can't even pull them out....Just sayin..I'd rather see a Kirito that can make awesome battle poses then one who has tied shut swords..Up to you though..But something to think about..

Anyway, I will FOR SURE have ALO Silica now. I already started the dagger and will be starting the armor soon.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 08:14:14 pm »
Loli_Wolf, I wanna start this with a reply..Are you wanting them metal for a reason? Personally non metal ones are more practical, plus if they are metal, con staff is gonna make sure you can't take them out of the sheaths..Seems like a waste to me..If you buy them because you actually want them that badly (which it seems like you do spending that kinda money), then getting a con safe pair would be a good idea..Sorta defeats the purpose of having them at a con if you can't even pull them out....Just sayin..I'd rather see a Kirito that can make awesome battle poses then one who has tied shut swords..Up to you though..But something to think about..

Anyway, I will FOR SURE have ALO Silica now. I already started the dagger and will be starting the armor soon.
  Well maybe he doesnt want to do awesome combat poses. SAO was never about the combat anyway. 
Anyways, where the heck are you trying to get those made that theyre charging you that much? Cause that is seriously a ripoff. Ill send you a pm with  a link to where i got my metal versions, theyre not even a quarter of that price, and theyre AMAZING. Seriously, best replica swords ive ever had.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 08:16:41 pm by Azuraschampion »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 10:15:30 pm »
Hey it was just a question..Seems like a waste to bring props you can't even use..not saying he shouldn't bring them or get them (though you are right that price is pretty ridiculous)

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 10:44:27 pm »
Thats not a thing for Kumoricon, just Sakuracon. Doesnt say anything here about having to have steel props tied into their sheaths in the policies. Only thing it says about steel props is that live steel (sharp enough to cut) isnt allowed.As long as their peacebonded, only rule is to keep props in their sheathes unless posing for a photo.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 11:07:56 pm »
That's weird because everywhere I have ever seen, Live steel is defined as "any steel that can take an edge". Or something along those lines..Basically any steel that is able to be sharpened into a bladed weapon would be considered live steel. If the con doesn't care, then that's just their specific thoughts I guess..Oh well..If that's the case though, never mind haha I'd love to have a metal Silica dagger in that case ^_^ Too bad I'm sure there isn't one for the ALO version (haven't look at this time but yea).

Offline Loli_Wolf

• Cabbit
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 11:20:51 pm »

Well maybe he doesnt want to do awesome combat poses. SAO was never about the combat anyway. 
Anyways, where the heck are you trying to get those made that theyre charging you that much? Cause that is seriously a ripoff. Ill send you a pm with  a link to where i got my metal versions, theyre not even a quarter of that price, and theyre AMAZING. Seriously, best replica swords ive ever had.

Azuraschampion  That link would be awesome  And I had a shift in plans I am gonna get some very nicely done PVC ones for like
$55-$80 because I just got in contact with some friends who might be going and if one of them get all his stuff together he is gonna go as Heathcliff   so we decided to act out the fights between them so PVC swords would be better for that but I would still like to get metal ones for pictures and to mount on my wall later for display

As for the price of the metal ones I was originally going to get the only reason I was willing to pay that much is because they were the only ones that showed up when I searched metal Sword Art Online swords   -- and I am using tax return money that I always put towards cons (its literally my con money no other money made goes towards con's hehehe)

But either way Im more excited to meet up with other SAO cosplayers for pics and laughs -- and if my Heathcliff can't make it someone to act some parts with cuz hey at some point at Kumoricon your gonna be acting somethinng out even if you didnt plan to lol
Life=anime / anime=life ~~> so be goofy, be happy, and be proud to show of that inner anime nerd  =^~^=

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 11:28:45 pm »
Yeah, ive seen that other places too. Problem with that is, ANYTHING can be sharpened to take an edge. I could just as easily sharpen a plastic spoon as i could a metal sword, and itd be just as deadly. This is the exact reason they dont allow prisoners to take items to and from their cells, they could easily make a weapon. The only real difference that makes steel better for blades is, it holds an edge far longer than most other materials, almost forever. Not saying their policy is wrong, its just a precaution, and trying to be safe never hurts. But it really is meaningless, and im glad to see this con knows that and doesnt have that rule.

Oops didnt see your post there, loli. Glad to see you found some cheaper ones. Your friends going as heathcliff? Thatll be awesome, i have an amazing group shot i had planned for the Sakuracon shoot, but we need a Heathcliff, and one hasnt shown up yet. At least ill be able to have it done here.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:36:09 pm by Azuraschampion »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 10:10:41 am »
Yeah, ive seen that other places too. Problem with that is, ANYTHING can be sharpened to take an edge. I could just as easily sharpen a plastic spoon as i could a metal sword, and itd be just as deadly. This is the exact reason they dont allow prisoners to take items to and from their cells, they could easily make a weapon. The only real difference that makes steel better for blades is, it holds an edge far longer than most other materials, almost forever. Not saying their policy is wrong, its just a precaution, and trying to be safe never hurts. But it really is meaningless, and im glad to see this con knows that and doesnt have that rule.

Oops didnt see your post there, loli. Glad to see you found some cheaper ones. Your friends going as heathcliff? Thatll be awesome, i have an amazing group shot i had planned for the Sakuracon shoot, but we need a Heathcliff, and one hasnt shown up yet. At least ill be able to have it done here.

Yea that's why the definition is METAL or STEEL that can take an edge. Not just any material. So it's specific to metals.
Yea it's good to see they allow it. I'm pretty sure comiccon does too because my friend went in 2009 and he was deadpool with 2 katanas and they didn't tie them closed..

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 10:32:09 am »
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:35:48 am by Azuraschampion »

Offline eishamrell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2014, 04:54:38 pm »
I don't have a SAO cosplay but I love the series so I was scrolling through the comments. Kumoricon DOES NOT allow real metal swords you will be told to keep them in your room. I worked staff last year and they told us about this. Stage steel is okay but not real steel. Good to see that you have found other alternate means for the swords. I eventually want to do a SAO cosplay. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:58:42 pm by eishamrell »
Smile!!! : )

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2014, 08:03:12 pm »
Oh, they're not real swords, my fingernails are sharper than them lol. They're made of stainless steel though, not the carbon steel that would be used for real swords. Honestly, stage steel swords just arent right for cosplay props, theyre more made for larping than being props. Stage steel swords are just carbon steel swords that are made extra thick, for extra durability, so they can take being hit against each other, and are blunted. The extra thickness makes them a good bit heavier, so you really wouldnt want to be carrying one around all day.
Since the only real difference between a stage steel sword and a real one is that a stage steel one is blunt, im pretty sure they would allow a   blunt stainless steel prop sword too.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2014, 01:33:26 am »
Since cons getting pretty close, i think its about time we decide a time and place.

Offline Loli_Wolf

• Cabbit
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 12:47:30 pm »
Since cons getting pretty close, i think its about time we decide a time and place.

Yes I agree me and my cousin will be ready with out kirito ans Klein cosplays we have them both fully finished now  and our other in the group said they should still be coming

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 08:07:39 pm »
Since my Asuna cosplay worked out very nicely for Sakuracon, I'm certainly looking forward to deploying it at Kumoricon after missing out on the SAO shoot last year. Perhaps we should aim for a similar area in the park as last year?

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2014, 01:12:12 am »
Yeah, somewhere in the park would be best. Maybe in the flower garden? We could pretend we were in the 47th floor of Aincrad.
Im thinking day 2, and somewhere between noon and 3 for the time. We can work out the exact time once the schedule is released.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2014, 10:11:07 am »
Well, since nobodys replied in the last few weeks, im just going to go with 1:00 PM and the flower garden.

Offline rachellendoty

• Oni
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2014, 11:43:09 am »
I will be going as Asuna c: