Author Topic: 2014 Panel Ideas  (Read 17927 times)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
2014 Panel Ideas
« on: September 03, 2013, 01:25:45 pm »
If you didn't know already, it was announced at closing ceremonies... *drumroll*
KUMORICON IS A FOUR DAY CONVENTION NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!
Which means more variety of panels (hopefully).
So I'm wondering what type of panels you would like to see, would go to and actually stay through to the end, and even what panels you wouldn't want to go to.
Also, Id love to know what you thought of all the panels this year.

So first, Id like to see the Ramen Eating contest come back. I know that's more of an event, and not a panel, but it would be cool to have it back.
Id also love to see some more older audience panels. Not like 18 and over, but like older anime info, anime from the 80s to recent, things like that.
I'm looking forward to making my own plus size panel next year, and if that's something you'd like to see, let me know ^-^

What about you guys?

Offline fairly_foxy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 02:49:50 pm »
I know this doesn't exactly add to variety but I really really want to hold a panel about Yaoi and Consent and hopefully gather up a good list of yaoi manga that either feature consenting partners or take consent more seriously than other yaoi manga.

I realized at this last yaoi panel I went to that I really desired something more than just two guys together at whatever cost. But I don't know if the con would allow someone so new to the con scene to run an 18+ panel like that.

As for this year's panels, I really adored Jason Thompson's panels. They were unique, funny, and I felt like a got a wealth of knowledge from him about manga. I really hope he comes back next year. I also loved this year's making manga panel and I really think she should have gotten more time. It is really hard to fit all of that into one small little time slot to explain something so expansive.

I would really like to see an old school anime panel. I would so attend one. It would be cool if they could find some hidden gems that nobody seems to know about anymore. There is a lot of anime out there. But I just don't have that kind of knowledge. Maybe someone else does! :D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:56:23 pm by fairly_foxy »

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
Re: 2014 Panel Ideas
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 03:05:27 pm »
I think those are great ideas! I agree, a yaoi panel that features actual consenting couples would be nice.

Offline Phanther

• Oni
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 03:29:13 pm »
Perhaps a panel about the life of hiding your power levels. Anime Anonymous

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 03:33:00 pm »
I might try my Password panel again. :)

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 03:40:14 pm »
I'm going to put together a Kamen Rider counterpart to my 'What the Heck is Super Sentai' panel, and maybe present 18+ versions of both panels where I tell everyone about the really squicky and questionable parts of the storylines and swear a lot (I had to actively censor myself while presenting my panel Saturday night, and even then a couple f***s slipped out)

A friend and I were throwing around the idea of running a 'sex/gender positivity in fandom' panel next year, so that might go up on the drawing board as well.

Offline RoriLei

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 04:01:50 pm »
I'd love to see an "Almost 18" panel, since I will be two weeks away from being 18 next year.

I imagine it as a place where 16 and 17 year olds can go to complain about what we can't do yet, but also to discuss the good things about being as young as we are. I think it'd be a nice place for those of us in-betweeners that are too old for the chibi room and too young for "The Scariest Manga Ever Made".

And, of course, if need be, it could be supervised by older staff members.
Kumoricon 2014: Possibilities - Female Rock Lee (Naruto). Female Mako (LoK). Poison Shroom Toadette (Mario). Hawkeye (Marvel). Vaporeon (Pokemon). Izzy (TDI). Maskless Deadpool (Marvel). Jubilee (Marvel). Pacific Rim character.

Offline fairly_foxy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 07:20:42 pm »
I'd love to see an "Almost 18" panel, since I will be two weeks away from being 18 next year.

I imagine it as a place where 16 and 17 year olds can go to complain about what we can't do yet, but also to discuss the good things about being as young as we are. I think it'd be a nice place for those of us in-betweeners that are too old for the chibi room and too young for "The Scariest Manga Ever Made".

Sad for you because Scariest Manga Ever Made was so empty yet so GOOD. Sadly I only remember one of his top five list. I am a Hero. So if you want to go read it you can. It was #2 on his list so it should be pretty good. It is about zombies.

And yes, I think 16+ panels would be great so long as they have valid state ID which I think might annoy 16/17 year olds overall more than help. :/ I think 16 year olds should be able to go to some of the "adult" panels I have been to because they were seriously not that adult.

I guess there could be a teen meet up. But I think checking for everyone to be 16 or 17 would be a headache for staff more than anything else.

Offline RoriLei

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 08:40:05 pm »

I guess there could be a teen meet up. But I think checking for everyone to be 16 or 17 would be a headache for staff more than anything else.

You do have a point. Maybe it could just be all minors 13 and up, because they have badges of the same color, but that kind of destroys the 'almost 18' thing...
Kumoricon 2014: Possibilities - Female Rock Lee (Naruto). Female Mako (LoK). Poison Shroom Toadette (Mario). Hawkeye (Marvel). Vaporeon (Pokemon). Izzy (TDI). Maskless Deadpool (Marvel). Jubilee (Marvel). Pacific Rim character.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 08:46:15 pm »
What about a panel, regarding convention etiquette? (This has been discussed in the Kumoricon Facebook group.)
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 10:45:11 pm »
Convention etiquette is indeed going to be discussed as a panel idea. I believe very strongly that it needs to be addressed after the poor assassins were being attacked all weekend.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 10:51:44 pm »
Convention etiquette is indeed going to be discussed as a panel idea. I believe very strongly that it needs to be addressed after the poor assassins were being attacked all weekend.

After reading about what happened to the assassins, I wouldn't have blamed them, if they had maimed somebody. In fact, that would've been my reaction.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 11:04:04 pm »
I am playing with are Furry 101 / anthro in Anime  and  Anime tropes and clichés the good, the bad that the ones that drives us nuts.
I having problems: I cannot get rid of the formatting 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:12:29 pm by acton »

Offline fairly_foxy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 11:05:34 pm »
I think con etiquette should be in some sort of hand out in your swag bag.... that way all attendees would know about it.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 11:06:05 pm »
I am playing with are Furry 101 / anthro in Anime  and  Anime tropes and clichés the good, the bad that the ones that drives us nuts.

I can't read this.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 11:12:54 pm »

I can't read this.
I could not get rid of the format tags

Offline Cal the Tactcian

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Jabber
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 12:24:43 am »
I'm rather a big fan of really awesome and scary creepypasta. The thought of a 18+ panel for creepypasta stories told by really awesome storytellers would be something that could happen. Maybe bring along some cosplayers and some other volunteers to tell their renditions of the scariest creepypasta they have seen would make a fantastic night  ;D

Just a little shame-less plug in: I was in theater for a while and I could tell the stories with the lights down low and scary images to accompany it :)

Any thoughts?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 10:21:03 am »
I'm thinking about doing one about Japanese culture, most likely focusing on holidays and festivals.  It blows my mind how little these are known among many con attendees nowadays.

Taking an idea from another thread, it would be a good idea to have a "How To Panel" panel, so that current and hopeful panelists can learn how to improve their panel performances.

My Little Pony - It will happen next year.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 12:53:20 pm »
I'd like to see a get-together for autistic congoers. There seem to be an awful lot of us and it can be difficult to meet people we connect with, so having a group meeting would be great. Heck, I'd like to run that.

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2013, 01:22:27 pm »
Blackjack, that would be a great idea as a meet up. I know several con goers that would love to see something like that.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2013, 01:40:14 pm »
I wouldn't mind seeing a "How To Run A Panel" panel for those who are thinking about it. Not just "how to submit", which is pretty easy but can be intimidating, but also how to name and describe your panel for this form- since that's what ends up in that giant book. It'd be great to see the ideas of an "essay" with talking points and transitions suggested.

I had to learn from experience how to formulate a lecture that would encorporate audience participation at various points in the lecture itself. It's kind of a bummer though cause the first few times hosting panels, I didn't understand this flow to panels well enough to conduct it myself in a thorough way. Even now, I always have to stop myself from hiding behind my books that I bring with me as assistants.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2013, 04:48:59 pm »
I'd like to see a get-together for autistic congoers. There seem to be an awful lot of us and it can be difficult to meet people we connect with, so having a group meeting would be great. Heck, I'd like to run that.

I'd love to help run the panel.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline fairly_foxy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2013, 07:07:50 pm »
I'm thinking about doing one about Japanese culture, most likely focusing on holidays and festivals.  It blows my mind how little these are known among many con attendees nowadays.

Gosh I am too. Like most of the people who watched Inuyasha had no friggen idea how much Japanese folklore was used in that anime.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2013, 07:57:23 pm »

Gosh I am too. Like most of the people who watched Inuyasha had no friggen idea how much Japanese folklore was used in that anime.

Along with many other series...

Offline fairly_foxy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2013, 08:02:15 pm »

Along with many other series...

Yeah I read this book on Japanese folklore, and though I am no expert, I see it so often now. I love the feeling. This happens a lot in horror anime and fantasy anime. Really, any anime that contains demons. It is really cool and I feel that it really expands the understanding I have on the anime I am watching. Who knows what other things I am missing from my understanding!

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2013, 05:41:44 am »
I'm rather a big fan of really awesome and scary creepypasta. The thought of a 18+ panel for creepypasta stories told by really awesome storytellers would be something that could happen. Maybe bring along some cosplayers and some other volunteers to tell their renditions of the scariest creepypasta they have seen would make a fantastic night  ;D

Just a little shame-less plug in: I was in theater for a while and I could tell the stories with the lights down low and scary images to accompany it :)

Any thoughts?
I did have an idea about a campfire-like event that allows people to tell ghost stories.  :D 
It would be nice to take up a room, dim the lights and curl up with blankets and pillows and talk about Japanese ghost stories, or horror stories in general.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline TuxedoSchwab

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • Everything Waffles
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 10:42:08 am »
I am was considering doing a basic photography and lighting panel. Since I have 10 years of photography experience, i can help others create cosplay images.

It helps that I have a fun nature of my work that you can check out at http://everythingwaffles.com.

Offline TuxedoSchwab

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • Everything Waffles
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2013, 10:43:27 am »
RWBY panel, bring Monty from Rooster Teeth to come and talk.

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2013, 04:10:50 pm »
TuxedoSchwab, perhaps you should consider applying for photography staff next year  ;)

TalaRedWolf33, we can't do the ramen eating contest at this location, as they don't allow food during panels (the sake tasting is an exception only because they have hotel staff serving it).

I would love to see more cultural panels:
tea ceremony
folklore
tying kimono
real school life

I also saw a few at Sak that I really enjoyed, including an 18+ on all the Japanese swear words  ;D

And I liked the idea one person had (but didn't end up implementing) on how to construct bento.  Would obviously be better with real food, but the concepts could still be taught :)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2013, 05:28:05 pm »
It could be a live event instead, since didn't they have a dinner for the vip people or something?
I would love to help host a bento construction panel, though. I made bento boxes for me and my boyfriend all three days for lunch. It was really fun

Offline Cal the Tactcian

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Jabber
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2013, 11:57:08 pm »

Any thoughts?
I did have an idea about a campfire-like event that allows people to tell ghost stories.  :D 
It would be nice to take up a room, dim the lights and curl up with blankets and pillows and talk about Japanese ghost stories, or horror stories in general.

God, I have so many in mind that still gives me shivers thinking about them XD
The one with the gaping mouth, the one with the missing legs that chase after children at dark, that one story that you literally can't read out loud cause it's supposedly cursed....I can go on and on but it's evening and it's raining. Probably not the best time to look it up.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2013, 08:39:08 am »
ORDER IN THE COURT!!!! Anime Court needs to be back in session at Kumoricon 2014. Also, with Kumoricon being four days next year, we could have an 18+ Anime Court.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2013, 03:42:03 pm »
RWBY panel, bring Monty from Rooster Teeth to come and talk.

Odds are that if he were a guest, he'd have at least one panel.  If he comes, I would hope he would cover more than just RWBY.  I know that he was involved in the making process for Red vs. Blue, and that has a larger tag to it than RWBY.  Plus, he could just talk about computer animations in general, or something similar to that.  Now THAT could be fun!!!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2013, 03:21:48 am »
I'm so thoughtful after con when it's still fresh in my mind.

On one hand, I wouldn't mind hosting another Shakespeare's panel, but I did think two of them was a bit much. The second panel did get around 15 people, give or take, but considering it was on Monday, that's probably why there were less.... Though they were invested in the panel.
On the flip side, the panel that was on Day 1 was a pretty packed room- and frankly, I'm not sure why still. Other than, it was on Day 1.

I do like this idea of someone doing a panel where people "teach" how to run a panel.

A side note, I wouldn't mind seeing someone putting up a panel for those who are procrastinating on homework, or art, or just reading a good book. Like, an hour set aside where they can either read/write/draw, or get some suggestions on how to get through that procrastination block. We've had some similar in year's past.
Kumori'15

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2013, 11:59:05 am »
I second the 'teach how to run a panel' panel. Because I would LOVEEE to do a panel this year...But it'd be my first time, so I truly have no idea what to do ;-; I would love if someone could maybe send me a message just explaining the basics of how to present, how to choose a time, etc. I'm a newbie ;3; -currently looking up how to run a panel all over the place-

I wanna run an Ouran High School Host Club panel >> Imagine the shenanigans.

Offline Yanagiba

• Cabbit
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2013, 12:40:22 pm »
One thing that came to mind as I was thinking about the idea of a "How to Make a Panel" panel is possibly having a panel created during that panel. Chances are someone or a group of people will want to host a panel at the con they're currently attending, so a time slot a day or two after this panel can be set aside for this purpose. The open time slot can even come with a description that it will be decided at that panel and that more info can be found at the Info Booth after the panel has ended. It'd take a bit more coordination than just running the initial panel, but it seems like something that would go over well if it were to happen. The main drawback of this, however, would be that it's somewhat of a gamble as to whether that open time slot will be filled or not.
2011-2016  Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2010  Live Events Manager
2007  Assistant Tech Manager
2006  Programming Grunt
2005  Volunteer (practically staff)

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2013, 01:49:54 pm »
One thing that came to mind as I was thinking about the idea of a "How to Make a Panel" panel is possibly having a panel created during that panel. Chances are someone or a group of people will want to host a panel at the con they're currently attending, so a time slot a day or two after this panel can be set aside for this purpose. The open time slot can even come with a description that it will be decided at that panel and that more info can be found at the Info Booth after the panel has ended. It'd take a bit more coordination than just running the initial panel, but it seems like something that would go over well if it were to happen. The main drawback of this, however, would be that it's somewhat of a gamble as to whether that open time slot will be filled or not.

I'm new to running panels, but if this panel was approved, I'd love to attend, because I'd like to run a panel, where people could talk about how they got addicted to anime. <--- I hope this makes sense, because I kinda struggled with writing this.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2013, 07:46:59 pm »
A good starting tip for how to run a panel is approach it like you would a 5-10 page essay paper. You have a main topic, talking points, and want to have transitions between the 3-4 talking points. Based on how much time you want to spend per talking point can give you a good guide of how long of a panel to host. In most cases, a well-run and simple panel can be orchestrated in 30 minutes. But for more in-depth things (like the How-To panels), you'll be looking at at least an hour worth of time. Always allocate time for questions and answers, not necessarily at the end of the panel, but at any point in your presentation (if it calls for that).

There's more to it, but that is the general idea lol ^^;

Speaking of the folklore in anime and manga/games, I wouldn't mind someone directing me to a good book that goes over some of the lore used. A lot of the books I've been looking for tend to be in Japanese, which is kind of a dead-end for me.
Kumori'15

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2013, 12:06:34 pm »
It sounds weird, but go to the children's non fiction section in your library, and they will most likely have gods and folk lore books from every culture. From there, you could narrow down any lore that you want to expand on. That's what i did when looking up lore about Rome and Greece for my book.

Offline Sui Kune

• Cabbit
    • Sui-Kun.net
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2013, 12:26:31 pm »
Seconding more cultural panels!  :)

Personally I'm absolutely dying for a kimono sewing panel, since knowledge in sewing kimono (especially lined kimono) is very scarce in English. I imagine it would be extremely helpful for cosplayers and kimono enthusiasts alike (I'm both)!

I also was really excited to attend the sumi-e panel held in the Chibi Room, but I was disappointed to see it was replaced with coloring. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just very very interested in learning sumi-e/traditional Chinese brushpainting!

I also really really loved the obi tying panel held this year, I would love it if it came back next year!
✿ Messiah of Silence [Sailormoon S]
✿ Super Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon SailorStars]
✿ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Winter Uniform]

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2013, 01:53:57 am »

Personally I'm absolutely dying for a kimono sewing panel, since knowledge in sewing kimono (especially lined kimono) is very scarce in English. I imagine it would be extremely helpful for cosplayers and kimono enthusiasts alike (I'm both)!

I also was really excited to attend the sumi-e panel held in the Chibi Room, but I was disappointed to see it was replaced with coloring. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just very very interested in learning sumi-e/traditional Chinese brushpainting!

I also really really loved the obi tying panel held this year, I would love it if it came back next year!

http://www.amazon.com/Making-Kimono-Japanese-Clothes-Dobson/dp/1906388156/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1379494292&sr=8-3&keywords=english+kimono+sewing+books
I have this book at my grandmas, and we used it to make my kimonos. Its really great, you might like it!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2013, 01:42:36 pm »

Personally I'm absolutely dying for a kimono sewing...
My wife studied making several types of Japanese clothing, I know she can make a hakama in about 1 afternoon. (she made me an obnoxious PLAID one for a gag at another con...) and I will ask her to put in for it if she wishes.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2013, 01:46:21 pm »
I would enjoy doing another 'Firearms in Anime' panel for mayube 90 min - 2hrs, and I besides some fun props I would like to bring a projector and laptop so we can show clips of cool stuff, goofs, misconceptions, and startlingly accurate stuff as well (wherever we can find these diamonds in the rough.)

It was also cool to find military folks and law enforcement in the audience and of course I would love to have them up there as panelists. (My involvement is mostly a historical collector / arm-chair trivia geek-a-zoid...)

Offline The_Lil_Crona

• Oni
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2013, 08:46:02 pm »
I'd like to see a Soul Eater panel considering all the Soul Eater cosplay that there was At Kumoricon 2013.

The people I'm going with in 2014 Decided we all go Soul Eater even though Kumoricon 2013 was our first con, we'd still like to see a Soul Eater one and possibly be in it. ^_^
The Lil' Crona

Offline SebbyxKitties

• Cabbit
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2013, 12:43:39 am »
What about a Iwatobi Swim Club panel? That would really be great. A Naruto panel would be really fun because I only just got into Naruto this year and I didn't see Naruto in the panels for last year and I'm sure there's plenty of people that'd love to attend that. c:
"I finally understand… I'm alone. I won't believe in anyone, or love anyone. I'm alone."

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2013, 12:08:56 am »
I'm thinking of possibly doing some sort of Let's Play panel, of darker, scarier games.

Particularly Hetalia games Like Hetaoni, Dreamtalia, Hetafear, etc.

I think the panel would be 13+. The games may be dark, but they're not THAT kind of inappropriate. We'd limit our swearing, and have some sort of warning about the genre of the games, them being horror games.

Also, a good portion of the Hetalia fandom is under 18, and we don't want them to miss out on the fun!

Thoughts...?
Kumoricon 2014-
Finland (Hetalia)
Alice Baskerville (Pandora Hearts)
Chibitalia (Hetalia)

Maybe:
Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran Highschool Host Club)

Offline trenityrose12

• Oni
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2013, 09:18:32 pm »
I would absolutely looooveeee to see a legend of zelda/link panel. Last year there were a looot of cosplays for the games, and I'm sure there would be tons of people that would love to go.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2013, 08:42:30 pm »
How would everyone feel about having a "Pokémon in the Real World" panel, where we discuss the real inspirations for our favorite species?

Will include pictures of Honduran fluffy bats~~~

Offline baka-imouto

• Chibi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2013, 01:21:31 am »
I'm thinking of possibly doing some sort of Let's Play panel, of darker, scarier games.

I think the panel would be 13+. The games may be dark, but they're not THAT kind of inappropriate. We'd limit our swearing, and have some sort of warning about the genre of the games, them being horror games.

Also, a good portion of the Hetalia fandom is under 18, and we don't want them to miss out on the fun!

Thoughts...?

I love the idea of having more minor-friendly Hetalia panels. If the posing panel from this year cam back that would also be really awesome!

That being said, I know that there are a couple of Hetalia panels in the making, both of them following the "Ask a Nation" theme!
Kumoricon 2016: (Days are undecided so far)

Halloween 2010 Prussia (In progress- prop and cosplay started)
Halloween 2011 slave Prussia (In progress- cosplay finished and props started)
Cardverse Prussia (Well.. I have the pattern. -shrugs-)

Offline grunnychan

• Oni
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2013, 01:31:59 am »

Thoughts...?
I love the idea of this! I think this should be a 13+ panel, because though the games are emotional they aren't really scary. (At least not to me.) And I know that this is only an idea of yours but I'd like to ask if I might be able to lead the panel with you. I'm a huge fan of the Hetalia rpgs and would like to be a part of this, if that's okay with you.