Author Topic: Question about Badges  (Read 3053 times)

Offline solarfox6

• Oni
Question about Badges
« on: August 26, 2013, 08:18:05 pm »
I'm not sure if I got the right badge
It says "youth"  but I'm 17 and entered that on ordering, in the past "Youth" is for the younger kids, not teens

Is this just a new thing for this year's badges or did it legitimately get messed up somewhere along the line

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Question about Badges
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 08:30:58 pm »
As per the Registration page:

A minor is anyone under the age of 18.

Minors ages 13 to 17 are required to have a signed parent permission form in order to attend the convention. Download this form below. This can be mailed to us in advance, or brought to the con during check-in. Minors between ages 13 and 17 do not require a convention guardian to attend, though we do encourage parents/guardians to come enjoy the con with their family.

Seems like you got the right badge.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 08:32:24 pm »
I'm assuming the age group refers to this particular badge, but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 08:32:49 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 08:56:58 pm »
I go by coloring. Generally, badges with a red background are for those 12 and below, yellow being for the 13-17 and the other colors are for 18+/staff/guests/ect.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline That_Guy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 09:04:35 pm »
Registration Manager here!

Our badges come in 3 types:

Child: Red badges for ages 12 and under.
Youth: Yellow badges for ages 13 to 17.
Adult: Blue badges for ages 18 and older.

I do know that a few other cons do call their badges for 12 and under "Youth" or "Minors" but I can assure you that our con has never done those in the past as far as I know.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 09:06:58 pm by That_Guy »

Offline fhqwhgads41185

• Cabbit
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 10:12:53 pm »
When did you get your badge? I ordered mine a few months ago and have not received it in the mail yet, but if you just got it today then I probably don't need to worry.
If music be the food of love, play on; give me excess of it that, surfeiting, the appetite may sicken and so die.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 09:29:26 am »
When did you get your badge? I ordered mine a few months ago and have not received it in the mail yet, but if you just got it today then I probably don't need to worry.
from the kumoricon facebook page
"Hey Everyone! This is your friendly Assistant Registration Manager with some important info about badges.

Please make sure you email registration@kumoricon.org for ALL issues with pre-reg badges. We have had many issues with the post office this year and few badges have not arrived. We also had a few incomplete registrations, which resulted in us being unable to mail those badges out. If you have not received your badge by August 21st please email registration@kumoricon.org and we hold your badge at will-call. Please be assured that you will still receive the same souvenir badge. We are currently in the process of emailing any attendee with missing information to make sure your badge is available at will-call.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Bane

• Oni
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 11:26:59 am »
hey. One of my friends told me about Kumoricon only a short while ago and Ive been scrambling about trying to find a way to go. now, I have money to get in, but sadly I dont have my Id yet due to me needing to get a certified birth certificate of which wouldnt arrive on time for me to get my ID and be able to attend. Im 19 and I was curious if something like a School ID card would work?

Offline Woodrat

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 09:36:45 pm »
hey. One of my friends told me about Kumoricon only a short while ago and Ive been scrambling about trying to find a way to go. now, I have money to get in, but sadly I dont have my Id yet due to me needing to get a certified birth certificate of which wouldnt arrive on time for me to get my ID and be able to attend. Im 19 and I was curious if something like a School ID card would work?
According to the form that came with my badge
"- Photo ID (state issued driver's license, school ID, etc."
So, tentatively I'd say yes? But that's for if you already have your badge I believe. I'm not sure if your registering at the door, a staffer would be able to answer this question better.