Author Topic: First-time Kumoricon-goer, Question about Autographs  (Read 2606 times)

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
First-time Kumoricon-goer, Question about Autographs
« on: August 18, 2013, 09:19:24 pm »
Hey guys, quick question for ya. I intend on visiting the Chris Sabat autograph session, and I was wondering two things. First, how early should one start lining up before the session begins, and also, how many items can one bring to be signed? I had 3 DBZ trading cards I wanted Chris Sabat to sign, would that be alright? I know some cons have item signing limits in order to move people through the line faster. Thanks in advance for the help!

Offline Abe

• Sailor Scout
Re: First-time Kumoricon-goer, Question about Autographs
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 10:56:35 pm »
Sense he is really popular anime voice actor u should be their at least 50-40 minutes earlier 2 get a signature from him. And I think it's only up 2 things u can get signed. That's how it was last year for me anyway... Maybe someone else knows more :P
Hope this helps :)
2019 cosplay

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 12:48:56 am »
Thanks for the bit of advice there. I should be able to line up early no problem, and worse comes to worst, he has a second, longer autograph session on Day 2 it seems. I would hope that if I have 3 small items like trading cards that it'd be ok to get em all signed at once, but it would be nice to know for sure what the item limit is.

Offline Abe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 01:34:15 am »
Your welcome :)
 Guess u could ask him, I don't think he would be rude and wont sign 3 cards :P sometimes in other conventions I know they do like 2 free signatures and if u want other stuff signed u have 2 pay certain amount of money, not 2 much though. But I think kumoricon might be different.  Hopefully they don't make u go in line twice... because that would suck :/
Maybe someone else on here might know for sure though. :)
2019 cosplay

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 12:46:19 pm »
Hey guys, quick question for ya. I intend on visiting the Chris Sabat autograph session, and I was wondering two things. First, how early should one start lining up before the session begins, and also, how many items can one bring to be signed? I had 3 DBZ trading cards I wanted Chris Sabat to sign, would that be alright? I know some cons have item signing limits in order to move people through the line faster. Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi Meb,

Like all of our panels and programming, we allow people to start lining up for Autographs 30 minutes before the start of the session. We also have a limit on 2 items per-person in line. You are welcome to re-enter the end of the line once you have gotten your first two items signed. Additionally, each guest will have two signings over the weekend.

Thank you for your question, I hope I answered everything for you!

- Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations
Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations 2013
relations@kumoricon.org

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 01:54:46 pm »
Thanks very much for the response! Good to know!

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 06:11:18 pm »
I've never been to an autograph signing either, so this will be my first year as well.  ;D

But I have been studying some videos of autograph sessions and I've learned a few things that might be helpful to newcomers:

-You get roughly 40 seconds with a person; which is about enough time to get an autograph, give them a gift and ask a question.
-Don't do or ask anything too out of the ordinary (learned from poor Vic Mignogna's stories).
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 11:15:16 am »
Also, if you go to their pannels and they are killing time waiting to start, or if they have time afterwards, sometimes they will do signings then. That's how I got my Sonny stuff signed the first time.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying: