Author Topic: Anybody else going solo?  (Read 5676 times)

Offline Caceres

• Cabbit
Anybody else going solo?
« on: August 10, 2013, 04:21:56 pm »
So My Buddy backed out on me and it looks like Im going to kumoricon by myself
So I thought Id ask if anybodys looking for a new con buddy :)
This will be my first con so it be cool to have some people to chill with
Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Inuyasha-100%

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
Re: Anybody else going solo?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 04:22:51 pm »
You could hang out with me and my friends xD I understand going solo isn't all that fun without people to hang out with. Our age range is literally 18, so hope you don't mind that too much. xD

Offline Abe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 08:56:47 pm »
My little brother and I are looking for other people to hangout with at the convention as well :) it would be cool 2 hang at the convention with u guys. If its cool with u guys anyway lol... My names, Angel and I'm 23 so I'm not that old :P lol...
2019 cosplay

Offline KiraTOD

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 09:16:46 pm »
Im always looking for people to hang out with. i pretty much just hang with my one friend and he hangs with all his friends i dont know lol im 24

Offline Caceres

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 11:36:14 am »
You could hang out with me and my friends xD I understand going solo isn't all that fun without people to hang out with. Our age range is literally 18, so hope you don't mind that too much. xD
That would be awsome thanks, I wasnt realy looking foward to going alone, lol
I'm only 22 not too much older than you guys, Are any of you going in cos? I'm going as Inuyasha
Oh ya names Cory by the way
Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Inuyasha-100%

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 02:20:10 pm »
That's fine, we're not really picky about age. We're mostly there to just have fun. XD

Yes we're all going to be in cosplay except for one guy since he's not really into it but he's really cool with everyone else doing it. I'm going to Nagisa (Free! Day 0 & 3), Rico (SnK, Day 1), Hibiki (Shin Megami, Day 2), and possible Kirito for a photoshoot.

My other friend, hotarruk13 is going to be mostly touhou characters xD while the other (Whom doesn't have a kumoricon account) is going as Jade from homestruck.

Me and hotarruk13 are going to be at kumoricon day 0 around 6am to pick up our badges, but when we're done we can meet you at the clocktower around noon?

Offline Caceres

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 12:20:11 pm »
That sounds good But im not sure If ill be there on day 0, But we could meet up on day 1 if your not busy.

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Inuyasha-100%

Offline bigdadytid

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • the russian facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 09:25:28 am »
I'll be be old, scary loner dude.  I'm a townie.

tid
greasy, tattooed asian trash

2014-auction staff
2013-roaming yojimbo

Offline Caceres

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 10:17:25 am »
No wrys Ill be the young stoner guy walking around by myself baked, lol
If you want we could meet up, beats walking around alone

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Inuyasha-100%

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
    • My no-frills SAO/fanfic/language-geek page
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 08:20:07 am »
I'm looking for people to hang with too, as I'm driving down from the Seattle area and probably won't know *anyone*. I'm likely a bit older than most of you (into anime and fanfic since the early 90's at least, if that tells you anything) but I tend to get along well with a wide age range and can fanboy just as hard as anyone else about the right stuff. XD I'm staying at the Portlander Inn just across the water and am planning on checking in as early Friday as I can get there, then driving across the bridge and getting my badge (late reg) and getting the fun started. I'll be leaving sometime mid-late Sunday.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 12:07:15 pm »
I'm going alone (the friend I went with last year moved to Prineville) and could use some hangout people. I'm 33 so you all are young whippersnappers.

Offline Caceres

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 02:21:41 pm »
well looks like a few of us are staying at the portlander Inn, If anybody wants to meet up send me a message im still looking for ppl to chill with.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:40:37 pm by Caceres »
Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Inuyasha-100%

Offline bigdadytid

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • the russian facebook
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 04:11:26 pm »
42, so i claim the oldtimer crown
greasy, tattooed asian trash

2014-auction staff
2013-roaming yojimbo

Offline PixelMonster

• Oni
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 04:35:54 pm »
I'm also going alone, my friends ran into problems and couldn't come. This'll be my first con so I'll probably just wander around most of the time and check out events haha.
It would be pretty cool to meet up with some people though, since I know absolutely nobody that'll be there. I'm 17 so I guess I'm one of the youngest people here, hopefully that doesn't weird anyone out or anything.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:23:21 pm by PixelMonster »

Offline lolasangel

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Jamila Clarke Photography
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 02:48:30 pm »
Also going alone - and this is my first time at Kumo. Would def like to meet up with folks so I won't feel so lonely.
I'm 29 and Portland based if anyone wants to meet up before.
Kumoricon 2015

Trickster! Meenah - Homestuck
Rainbow Dash - MLP
Nonon Jakuzure (Regalia Grave) - Kill La Kill
Aisha Clan-Clan - Outlaw Star
[maybe] Garnet - Steven Universe

Offline ghostkomokhiru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 05:27:27 pm »
>w< I'm looking for someone to hang around the con with. I'm pretty young, a teenager, so no 40 + please. I am told I am mature for my age. I've heard it all.
Anyone? ^^

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 07:44:22 pm »
Alright, so my friend and I are going to wait in line around 2PM (Since apparently the time to pick up the tickets is 3PM-9PM) :U

After that, I wouldn't mind hanging around a bit (Like checking the dealers hall or something while their prepping).

Offline alicebentley

• Oni
    • http://www.sfbooks.com
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 06:57:51 pm »
I didn't think I was going to get this weekend off, so I made no plans to go. Now, suddenly, I can!

Anyone interested in sharing a room Saturday night? My thought is to drive down from the Seattle area earlyearly Saturday morning, stay somewhere around there Saturday night, then head back home Sunday afternoon.

I'm a female who doesn't mind what your gender is, I don't smoke or any of that other stuff, and I'm good for half the room bill for one day (assuming there are two of us). If that sounds workable, message me here and we can exchange cell numbers or whatever.

Oh yeah - age-wise I top you all and then some, but I hope that's no barrier to making new friends.

Jesse Deen

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 11:19:32 pm »
hello! i'm 29 yrs old and for the first time ever i'll be at a con completly by myself. i've been to multiple cons before but always with friends. this year however i'll be going alone as my cousin backed out at the last minute. so while i've always wandered the cons solo anyway (none of my friends could keep up =w=;q) i think it would be great to make new friends. i'll be there from day 0 till the end so if you want company pm me. we can exchange numbers and text. (>w')v

Offline amdreamer

• Oni
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 04:40:11 am »
Totally doing this solo I think it will be a lot of fun though this is my first one.  My name is Andy I will be wearing a purple tshirt and a couple kandi bracelets.  if you want to learn how to make some I can teach you I will be bringing a ton of beads and string to the con if let me.

If I see you guys I would love to hang out for a bit.  I was planning on doing a Cosplay but ended up not working out :(.  I will be going to a lot panels and just walking around a lot so I don't look like a weirdo ^_^.  I hope I can meet a lot of new people and next year I won't have to go solo.

I have a question anyone know about parking where can I park where can I park for free and not worry about getting my car towed?  Can you just park at the hotels or do you need to pay for a room to do that?

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2013, 02:48:10 pm »
Hi, i'm Zangief, I am bad guy...*bzzt* (wrong channel)
Once again, TurboSaiyanJason will be making his epic journey from the small town of Sherwood to associate with the cosplayers from all over the land at these awesome three days.

So with all the random funnies out of the way (we think), Jason Gould, age 26, and I've seen about 5+ years of this con. I expect to be the wandering rogue that I usually am, but I can easily splash into any group. I'm a Leo in Western and Rabbit in chinese zodiac, so I have about as much caution as I do boldness. I've got a cunning sense of humor that speaks for itself (probably noticed), so I'm kind of like a Ninja clown. Not so much like Naruto, more like Ryu Hayabusa with a pink party hat...that shoots lasers at the wicked and gold coins to to the poor...and can double as a megaphone. Fun, odd, able to defy the impossible, I guess I can truely be called a character. (did I mention well spoken and long winded?) Perhaps I'll make a manga out of my exploits one day.

Anyway my blathering is done. If I see any of you peeps there I'll keep the welcome warm. Now go enjoy the con!
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline PixelMonster

• Oni
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2013, 10:05:47 pm »
I'll be the kid walking around with the blue hair -- If you see me say hi and maybe we can hang out or something!

Offline shandra

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 09:15:16 pm »
I know this is early..but I already know I am going alone lol. I will be part of the staff as well as just enjoying the con. It will be my first one.....EVER! SUPER EXCITED!!
I don't have any costumes unfortunately, but am hoping I will be able to make at least one (Rinoa - FF8). 

Going to Kcon 2014
I'll be waiting...for you...so...
If you come here...
You'll find me.
I promise.