Author Topic: -Adult Audiences?-  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Sabishii

• Oni
    • Facebook
-Adult Audiences?-
« on: August 08, 2013, 02:24:41 pm »
I am 15 and am going for my first year of Kumoricon, my parents are perfectly fine with me being in area's with "Adult" content, if I had there permission, am I fine to enter area's with this content?

I feel the Melancholy setting in...

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
Re: -Adult Audiences?-
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 03:49:58 pm »
Congrats on your first trip to Kcon!  :D

Well, if you're under 18, I think you have to have a parent (or an older sibling, if they're coming with you) with you when you go into the adult panels, games and want to buy 18+ merchandise. Otherwise, you're free to go anywhere you want.

Once you get the pocket guide at the convention - you'll get it when you go to the parking garage under the Hilton hotel for your badge holder - you can see all the events at Kumoricon available during the three days. The ones that you're unable to attend alone are clearly labeled as being an 18+ event; such as the Cosplay Dating Game 18+ (there's one that's not 18+ that you can attend) for example.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 05:13:45 pm »
When I went in 2007, I had parent permission to go to the 18+ panels, since my boyfriend at the time was 18 and was with me the whole time, and they said I couldn't attend. They wouldn't let me in.

Offline bumbaloe

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 06:26:14 pm »
As you are not 18 years or older you will be unable to acquire a hand stamp that is required to enter events for those 18 years old and older. You will also be subject to curfew which requires minors to evacuate con space between midnight and 6 am.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 07:10:12 pm »
As you are not 18 years or older you will be unable to acquire a hand stamp that is required to enter events for those 18 years old and older. You will also be subject to curfew which requires minors to evacuate con space between midnight and 6 am.

This is the correct answer. Parent permission cannot override either adult content restrictions, or curfew. Parent permission is simply required to attend the con at all for those under 18.

As a general reference, the entire convention policies include all the details.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor