Author Topic: Battletech  (Read 4684 times)

Offline Dinger

• Cabbit
Battletech
« on: July 25, 2013, 06:05:05 am »
I am thinking of bringing my Battletech stuff if anyone is interested in a game in the evening.
I have the older maps from 2nd edition so I do apologize that they arent as nice as the newer stuff.

If there are any takers I would suggest keeping it to just canon mech builds.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
Re: Battletech
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 04:05:17 am »
Bonus points on if you know where my name comes from. :P

I suppose this would give me some incentive to assemble and paint my AS7-D, though most of my experience with the tabletop is from playing Neveron.

Sadly, I don't own enough CBT figures to actually make a valid army list. I could bring a Mechwarrior Age of Destruction 600 (or more or less, I have a large selection of those figures due to my time as an official Battlemaster during college) point tournament legal competitive list though.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Dinger

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 08:17:44 am »
well most of what I am bringing would be mediums with a few heavies, not sure I really have any assaults such as the AS7-D (all my books are 2nd edition including the Reinforcements module where the Atlas first appeared)

The current paint scheme Im working on are Ingazi from the Draconis Combine. We can definately see how well my Shadowhawk and Griffin do

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 10:05:12 pm »
Since I was spending my money elsewhere during college I didn't have much incentive to buy CBT figures so honestly the Atlas is my only figure (though there is apparently a conversion book for the mechwarrior darkage/age of destruction 'mechs)

I'd love to get a No-Dachi, a Griffin (or a phoenix hawk LAM if they weren't so rare these days), and a Wolfhound (or a Panther) though, to make a fairly balanced lance.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Dinger

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 06:04:56 am »
well if your dark age/age of destruction mechs fit on a standard 1 inch hex map feel free to use them, Im sure there are similar buids for those design of models in CBT, I also can bring cardboard standups

Check out the program Solaris Skunk Werks, it lets you do mecha building for tracking sheets, and has all canon mechs in a downloadable file pack

Offline Dinger

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 12:08:10 pm »
Some of what I am bringing
http://db.tt/2pSBlbV0

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 01:40:12 pm »
Are those pewter or plastic unseen?

The problem with me bringing dark age stuff is that the base is a little big for a hex and the scale is absolutely screwed up (some of the smallest light 'mechs being taller than a typical assault for example.) There are official CBT stats for them so you can convert fairly easily though. It does make for an amusing nativity scene I made that I will have to try and find the pictures of.

Edit: for understandability
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:03:19 am by GregAtlas »
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Dinger

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 03:10:08 pm »
Those are plastic from 3rd edition

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 01:24:04 am »
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Dinger

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 09:11:59 am »
well I also have the old cardboard standees that came with 2nd edition box sets I am bringing, plus my small compliment of mechs (mostly unseen) so I think that area is at least covered

Snag this, it is a well built mech builder, and even prints out proper sheets (though I wish it had the option of the older armor diagram, sadly it doesnt)
http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/

SSW Master.zip is their master list of canon mechs.

Offline Dinger

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 09:12:50 am »
Im thinking for games at KCon to limit to 3050 tech or older, and canon mechs. I love doing design, but custom jobs can get a bit over the top

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 01:01:14 am »
I would prefer stock variants of 'mechs as well.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 01:18:44 am »
Sorry Dinger, I wasn't able to get everything packed in time so I ended up leaving all my figures at home. I didn't even have time to figure out the lance I wanted. We should keep in touch though. Always nice to have CBT friends.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done