Author Topic: 2013 Cosplay Chess Rules & Sign-ups  (Read 34088 times)

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
Re: 2013 Cosplay Chess Rules & Sign-ups
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2013, 09:55:13 pm »
Made a difficult cosplay this year, so I'm super excited to see the teams!

Offline V.K.Lover93

• Cabbit
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2013, 10:48:33 pm »
The days can't go by fast enough I can't wait I've been thinking of lines to say as well if I get picked and I'm glad you finished your scythe savanna I'm excited to see how it turned out I'm sure it its gonna look great just hope its not to heavy hehe

Brice, I started my scythe and it went wrong. Melted part of it.. I made a new prop. Much lighter.

Offline V.K.Lover93

• Cabbit
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2013, 11:51:55 pm »
I still never received any reply for my application... Guess no moogle for chess this year, boo-hoo-kupo... :'(
You never know you could of been picked or even maybe put on the list for possible chess pieces if someone does not show up to the pre-meeting time. I remember last year there was quiet a few people who didn't show up and those who didn't even put in an application but who did show up for the meeting got to be a chess piece. This year for sure I am going to make sure I get action shots this year and some recording because last year I didn't get any... Tear, Tear... I am so excited!!!
Vanna

Offline YUme

• Sailor Scout
    • dA
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2013, 12:11:47 am »
sk_chan: You made it just on time QvQ! GJ!!

Thanks!! >u< Hopefully we made it in =3
LOL Yeah I guess we'll see;;

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2013, 12:16:02 am »
I still never received any reply for my application... Guess no moogle for chess this year, boo-hoo-kupo... :'(
You never know you could of been picked or even maybe put on the list for possible chess pieces if someone does not show up to the pre-meeting time. I remember last year there was quiet a few people who didn't show up and those who didn't even put in an application but who did show up for the meeting got to be a chess piece. This year for sure I am going to make sure I get action shots this year and some recording because last year I didn't get any... Tear, Tear... I am so excited!!!
Vanna

Kupopo!  Thanks, I kinda needed that ounce of reassurance!  So, I can continue to hold my breath until the teams are posted...  (^o^)
Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2013, 12:26:17 am »
"Historically" tonight has been the night the list was posted. Part of me wants to stay up...

Offline Loli_Wolf

• Cabbit
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2013, 12:54:35 am »
The days can't go by fast enough I can't wait I've been thinking of lines to say as well if I get picked and I'm glad you finished your scythe savanna I'm excited to see how it turned out I'm sure it its gonna look great just hope its not to heavy hehe

Brice, I started my scythe and it went wrong. Melted part of it.. I made a new prop. Much lighter.
dang sorry the scythe melted but i do have something for you for when i see you i worked on your birthday and i havnt had time to bring it over to you ive been working extra hours and summer term kicked my butt lol - but i got a prop for you that you might like i worked on it on dericks work bench since we cleaned the back porch off finally  i hope we get in this  year its gonna be so much fun

---- also to those who have not got a reply i would not panic to much jaki is awesome so im sure you didnt get missed  and i agree with you toonafeesh im am already planning on staying up tonight so ill be checking in here between episodes of  a certain scientific railgun ^_^
Life=anime / anime=life ~~> so be goofy, be happy, and be proud to show of that inner anime nerd  =^~^=
Im cute and cuddly - but fearce like a wolf - bite first snuggle after

Offline V.K.Lover93

• Cabbit
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2013, 01:42:55 am »

dang sorry the scythe melted but i do have something for you for when i see you i worked on your birthday and i havnt had time to bring it over to you ive been working extra hours and summer term kicked my butt lol - but i got a prop for you that you might like i worked on it on dericks work bench since we cleaned the back porch off finally  i hope we get in this  year its gonna be so much fun

---- also to those who have not got a reply i would not panic to much jaki is awesome so im sure you didnt get missed  and i agree with you toonafeesh im am already planning on staying up tonight so ill be checking in here between episodes of  a certain scientific railgun ^_^

No need to give me a gift plus you wouldn't of been able to come over because I've moved. I've only been stopping by my parent's house to get more boxes here and there.

Vanna

Offline Loli_Wolf

• Cabbit
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2013, 01:52:04 am »

No need to give me a gift plus you wouldn't of been able to come over because I've moved. I've only been stopping by my parent's house to get more boxes here and there.

Vanna
hehehe im surprised your even up still at this hour your not much of a night owl sometimes but i sent you a pm so we dont clutter the post up
*narrows eyes* come on jaki were is that teams list lol
Life=anime / anime=life ~~> so be goofy, be happy, and be proud to show of that inner anime nerd  =^~^=

Offline Sunnybrook1

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Sunnybrook's dA Account
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2013, 05:16:51 pm »
*waiting-waiting-waiting*

Soooo tempted to make a new set of teeth for my No Face, will have to see if I can fabricate them in time...  ::)

*cleaning-making-painting*

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2013, 06:23:49 pm »
I'm sooo excited!! Can't wait to see the teams :)

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2013, 06:37:46 pm »
Yeah, sure hope we see the teams soon!

Offline Su Lu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2013, 07:31:40 pm »
The anticipation is actually killing me.
Kumoricon 2014!
I'm just hoping I can even make it this year...

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2013, 09:44:34 pm »
I want to see who my winning team is >A<
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline chelseahavoc

• Bunnygirl
    • Chelseahavoc's DA
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2013, 10:10:45 pm »
TROLLING FORUMS WAITING FOR ANOUNCEMENT

jackie i love you ;-; please post soon......
kumoicon 2013:
day 0: ANIMAL CROSSING Mayor
day 1: morning- Guu (hare + guu)
day 1: afternoon- Terra (ff6)
day 2: chibi moon (sailor moon)
day 3: Princess Zelda (loz:oot)

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2013, 10:14:00 pm »
Time's current, place me in your whirlpool!  Hastega-kupo!
Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline Pixie

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2013, 12:22:43 am »
I've been stalking the forums every day for the past week... I'm desperate for team announcements!
HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING NORMAL!!!!
I am weird and proud of it. The concept of "blending in" scares me.

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Dragonite (Pokemon)
Medusa (Soul Eater)
Fluttershy (My Little Pony)

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2013, 12:23:58 am »
I've been stalking the forums every day for the past week... I'm desperate for team announcements!

I've been refreshing the page every 20 minutes.

Offline Loli_Wolf

• Cabbit
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2013, 12:26:54 am »
ive been checking back after every episode of the anime im watching lol jaki is probably sitting in her chair reading these post laughing at the thought of us waiting on her in excitement

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2013, 12:32:11 am »
ive been checking back after every episode of the anime im watching lol jaki is probably sitting in her chair reading these post laughing at the thought of us waiting on her in excitement

It doesn't show her as being online......... JAKIIII WE LOOOOVE YOUUUU <3

Offline Loli_Wolf

• Cabbit
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2013, 01:06:27 am »

It doesn't show her as being online......... JAKIIII WE LOOOOVE YOUUUU <3
hehehe jaki is like a ninja she can be online and we would never know *starts clicking through the forums in search of her* i has no ninja finding skills *remains to this forum in ninja jaki finding defeat*  hehe the fun of  1:00  am and excitement

Offline MoJacker

• Oni
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2013, 01:22:21 am »
Jaki was looking like she was going to bed...but I do believe she is still entering in teams...could be any minute now....doot-doo-doot!

Offline V.K.Lover93

• Cabbit
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2013, 01:30:40 am »
Finally!!! Some info on Jaki, lol. Been checking all day! :)

Offline Loli_Wolf

• Cabbit
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2013, 01:35:37 am »
TEAMS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2013, 01:38:35 am »
C'mon guys, you know how much I enjoy torturing you :D

Teams are now posted here: 2013 Cosplay Chess: Team Assignments

If you submitted your form on Saturday - I did read them, and they were considered for the teams.  I just didn't get a chance to reply to them like I usually do (sorry about that.)

And a reminder - if you submitted a form and did not get picked (we had a lot of good entries this year), don't despair!  Come to the pre-meet on Monday.  If a chosen piece has to back out, alternates (and that would be you) are the first on the list for replacements.  Plus, we are always looking for stage ninjas to help out, or maybe someone is looking for that special attack :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2013, 07:33:56 am »
Ah man, I wasn't picked :(

I suppose I will still show up to the pre meeting and hope I get lucky...

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2013, 08:18:41 am »
Bleh...Ditto-kupo... :'(

Well, nothing to stop me from at least coming to the pre-meeting too to see if someone can't make it because they've apparently been mauled by a ferocious, yet super cute fluffy white figure... *walks into the meeting with a bloody Tonberry knife*

Offline PockyReno

• Chibi
    • My DA Account
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2013, 04:46:38 pm »
Hey, Moogle person, since I'm Reno, I might be able to use you as a summon or something. XD We can talk to the folks running it at the pre-meet.
Kumoricon 2013:
Reno - FFVII Advent Children
Secret Police Kaito - Vocaloid
My Mayor - Animal Crossing New Leaf

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2013, 09:26:04 pm »
Hey, Moogle person, since I'm Reno, I might be able to use you as a summon or something. XD We can talk to the folks running it at the pre-meet.

I don't see any reason not to!  Even if I might replace a missing piece, I'd still be a summon for you.  I have tons of special moves waiting to be unleashed!

Offline PockyReno

• Chibi
    • My DA Account
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2013, 09:39:46 pm »

I don't see any reason not to!  Even if I might replace a missing piece, I'd still be a summon for you.  I have tons of special moves waiting to be unleashed!

Well, if you get to be your own piece, I don't think I could summon you. But that's fine, because being a piece is better, since you get to be on the board and all. XD
Kumoricon 2013:
Reno - FFVII Advent Children
Secret Police Kaito - Vocaloid
My Mayor - Animal Crossing New Leaf

Offline Blizzara Dragon

• Chibi
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2013, 10:59:58 pm »

Well, if you get to be your own piece, I don't think I could summon you. But that's fine, because being a piece is better, since you get to be on the board and all. XD

You could still summon them if they end up being a piece, it'll just be more of a co-op attack instead. I had something similar my first year where a Cloud cosplayer and I(as Squall) teamed up for his attack despite us both being pieces on the board. Just make sure that it's talked about first so others know what's going on.