Author Topic: Need a room/con buddies  (Read 2184 times)

Offline Closet_Otaku

• Oni
Need a room/con buddies
« on: July 17, 2013, 12:19:48 pm »
I'm trying to figure out my adventure for k-con, but running into the problem that I really don't have any friends to go with.  Yeah, I could afford to get a cheap motel out of the con area by myself, but just sounds boring.  So, I'm looking for a room and maybe a group to buddy around with for the con.  I'm 25, I don't smoke weed and almost never drink, but I have no issue with being with a group that chooses to.  I want to maximize the fun of my con adventure, so feel free to ask questions to see if I'd be a fit for your group.

Offline Closet_Otaku

• Oni
Re: Need a room/con buddies
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 01:14:18 pm »
Option 2, getting a non-con hotel room and finding other stragglers in need of a room.  Anyone interested in this, reply or message me.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 03:28:09 am »
I can't provide a room (looking for one myself) but I'd be up for hanging out.

Offline lolasangel

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Jamila Clarke Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 12:53:49 pm »
I'm not planning to get a room, but looking for folks to hang out with. I'm 29, don't smoke and light drinker (generally don't).
Don't need a room for the con as I live in P-town, but would consider paying for part of a room to make changing easier.
Kumoricon 2015

Trickster! Meenah - Homestuck
Rainbow Dash - MLP
Nonon Jakuzure (Regalia Grave) - Kill La Kill
Aisha Clan-Clan - Outlaw Star
[maybe] Garnet - Steven Universe

Offline Wombatery

• Oni
    • Facebook
    • My tumblr
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 01:15:51 am »
I can't really offer a room since mine's pretty full because I'm already helping out a friend, but hanging out would be sweet. I'm game.
Kcon 2014:
Skyla (Pokemon b/w)
Amethyst (Steven Universe)

Offline Etakeh

• Cabbit
    • Etakeh Oh!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 08:40:09 pm »
So, I've got a room.  Not on-site, but at the Comfort Inn about a mile away. 

This is our situation though:

There are three in the room already -

Me - I'm an old lady (almost 40!)
My kid - cosplaying 19-year old girl
Some guy - cosplaying 22-year old 

It's a double-queen, so two to a bed (when and if sleeping occurs).  If that weird you out...well, there's always the floor, I guess.

We're not smokers of anything, drinkers of very little, enjoyers of having a good time at cons. 

So, if that sounds like something you can deal with, we're open to another person.   Let me know.

Offline Abe

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 12:39:45 am »
My names Angel I'm 23 and gonna be hanging with my little bro, but it would be cool to hangout with others at the convention :)
Maybe we could hangout over their? ^_^
2019 cosplay

Offline Lone

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 11:23:55 pm »
I reside in SE Portland, but will be looking for a room as well. Dont smoke, I plan on drinking... whole point to get a room, but is my first con so idk. 29, male

Offline Closet_Otaku

• Oni
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 02:01:03 pm »
To everyone who replied/messaged me, thank you for your offers.  My work screwed me over and I get to work all weekend instead of going to k-con, and because of this I haven't been too excited about looking at k-con stuff.  So thanks, and maybe we can hang out at sakuracon, next k-con or if I ever make a trip to Portland.