Author Topic: 1 finalized idea :: "pimp my cosplay!"  (Read 3917 times)

Offline rasetsutaisho

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.shinjinrui.cjb.net
1 finalized idea :: "pimp my cosplay!"
« on: October 09, 2005, 03:16:45 am »
me and the team came up with an idea we really like and figured ppl here might be kinda intrested in.

on our site we're thinking about putting together a monthly or seasonal motion picture event called "pimp my cosplay!" i figure by the name alone ppl get the jist of what were going to do. however the finner details include picking an aplicant and gathering up costume makers, amature makeup artists, and maybe a few comical events and paying the persons way into a big con and filming the reactions the person gets there...

when i first sprung the idea on the rest of the guys in our unit there was imediate laughter followed by ways to actualy do it and that was followed by more laughter... but since we liked it soooo much we've decided to do it...

so, would any one be intrested in doing this in 2006?

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 06:18:55 am »
so you'd like,  make a person a costume? or how does it work?
I'm interested, but I don't know if I could be staff...lol

Offline rasetsutaisho

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.shinjinrui.cjb.net
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 03:10:45 pm »
basicly it'd work like this, ppl from washington, california and the areas inbetween will find intresting and apealing ways to aply. we go through them at random and un-discriminatingly pick one. afterwards we'd colaborate with costume makers, other cosplayers, make up artists and who ever else we feel like involving. and as the persons costume and the person them selves develop we film them. then we pay their way to a con (most likely sharing a line of rooms with us, cause we always reserve as many rooms in a straight line as we can.) and while their at the con we film them and ppls reactions to them.

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 04:16:31 pm »
sounds really interesting. I'm interested. PM me sometime, k?

Offline Kendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/AirsoftWallabee
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 07:37:22 pm »
I must say...I definately like the idea of a hentai convention better. if it is within your means. However both would be fun!
Saturday, Monday Cosplay: Karen-Soul Link
Sunday Cosplay:"Save Point" Moogle-FFIX

Offline rygoody

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 08:20:17 pm »
being an avid non-lover of hentai... I would say this is a much better idea and I would do it... free costume and con fee, who wouldnt'?

I think the your idea for a club/cafe with anime stuff was the best because there really isn't a good one in portland. There is backspace, but theres nothing to do at backspace really, so it kinda sucks. It'd be cool if you made another hangout/cafe place like backspace. But then you got like a little theater set up and always had the newest episode of every unlicensed series downloaded or bought if it's licensed, so then people could just go down there every week and watch the newest ep. I know if a place did that, i'd definanelty be there every week to watch the newest episode of whatever series I was keeping up with. But just charge for drinks, not for watching stuff, so it stays real casual. Then also host video game tournaments with small prizes weekly.

Offline the candyman

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2005, 01:48:24 pm »
i would do it ten times over if you guys payed for everything
I AM PURE NINJA... but also owned by Thejew... and Waffles... T_T

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 02:29:33 pm »
Great idea but the name could be changed.... alot!.!
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Nyco27

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 04:14:39 pm »
If you *do* end up working on this pm or email me and we can get you a panel, blurb in the con book or something.

Nyco
Kumoricon Programming Director 2006, 2007
Cosplay Manager 2006
Kumoricon RPG Coordinator '03 - '05

Long live the D12!