Author Topic: The Art Show 2013  (Read 3714 times)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
The Art Show 2013
« on: July 17, 2013, 12:49:13 am »
Rules: https://www.kumoricon.org/art-show-rules

So, I see there is no contact info for if someone has questions, and no thread, so I am putting this here with some of my questions:

* It states that the entrance fee is %10 of sales. However, what if you list all your drawings as NFS?
*If one does sell their things, how does the transference of the 10% occur?
*Once I have all my pieces matted, is there a specific way the convention wants the images hung on the board?
* It says it must be drawn in Asian culture/anime/manga style. What about an anime character drawn in your own/another style?

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
Re: The Art Show 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 11:34:51 pm »
You beat me to the post :)  I have created an official thread here: 2013 Art Show  Please direct all future questions there.

I will answer your questions here, though:

To be honest, that is not something that has come up before.  The purpose of Art Show is for people to display their work for sale.  Some have also shown items NFS, but that is usually in conjunction with works for sale.  If we have a lot of people that are looking to just display their work NFS, then we would look into starting a charge for the space.

The 10% is deducted from the payment that is sent out to artists, about 2 weeks after the convention.  Artists received a breakdown of what they sold and how for how much when they are sent their payment.

Artwork is hung on the boards using binder clips and and hooks, which we will provide.  Art Show staff is on hand to assist with the process.

Everyone has their own style - what we are looking for is art based on Asian culture, or drawn in the style.  Drawing an anime character in your style is perfectly acceptable.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 08:42:09 pm »
So, does amigurumi count as Asian culture? It is technically Japanese for "small knitted doll".

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 11:43:35 pm »
So, does amigurumi count as Asian culture? It is technically Japanese for "small knitted doll".

Yes, that would count.

And now I'm going to lock this thread, so we can keep all the questions in the official thread.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator