Author Topic: (submitted) Tokusatsu\Super Hero Time  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Paru

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
(submitted) Tokusatsu\Super Hero Time
« on: July 01, 2013, 08:49:14 pm »
Two years ago I ran a Video panel on Super Sentai, This year I'm branching out. This is NOT the same as https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=17875.0, Aynone who likes this should go to that as well!

Super Hero Time is an hour long block on TV ASAHI where there is an episode of Super Sentai and one of Kamen Rider. This panel is Hnoring that hour long Block. By showing some Super Sentai, Some Kamen Rider and a MOVIE! This will also include an introduction to each genre before the video's start. All the Stuff I'm showing is not licensed or streamed in the us market infact almost none of it even airs outside japan. So i can offer episodes In either case I'll have links for people who want to download subbed episodes\movies etc for any of the Tokusatsu genre's. Feel free to ask me questions or if you have requests. I'll make a better post with more details a day or so.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:17:19 pm by Paru »
2009 Table Top staff
2010 Table Top staff
2011 RPG Staff
2012 Table Top Staff
2013 Table Top - MIA
2014 to 2017 Table Top Staff
The Munchkin guy

Offline Paru

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
Re: (submitted) Tokusatsu\Super Hero Time
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 07:42:38 pm »
Super sentai is a Kid's LIVE ACTION television serries that started in 1975 By Toei. It is a genre of Tokusatsu which is special FX live action PROJECTS. Kamen Rider start in 1971, Kamen Rider Wizard(2012) is the 23rd TV series. Now unlike Super Sentai, new Kamen Rider projects came in the form of movies and other things besides a TV Series. This is only other Fairly Active genre of Tokusatsu. There are like 3 more Genre's that et overlooked. Space Sheriff Gavan started in 1982 and was the first Metal Hero Series, It had a recent production. Gavan is a sub genre of Metal Hero specifically the Space Sheriff, a few of these were adapted into some american shows like Big battle Bettle Borgs & VR Troopers. Ultraman is another Genre of Tokusatsu...
This Panel besides showing Kamen rider and Super Sentai will be focused on Gavan. Mostly due to finding subs of these other toku shows is rare.
basic run down for this panel, 5 minutes to explain toku and mentions said genre and sub genre. Start an epsiode of classic Super Sentai, followed by something more recent. Then the same for Kamen rider, after that an episode of the '82 Gavan serries. depending on time I'll try to toss in another classic metal hero Before starting either the 2010 Gavan movie or Super Hero Time Taisen Z(if a sub exists by Convention). I will have a list of atleast what groups are subbing which super Sentai, Should also include Kamen rider and can transfer files durring the panel. If people have questions while at Con  I'll be spending most of my time in the Table Top running games.  429gb of super sentai, 360gb of Kamen rider and over 1.25 TB for my Live action currently.
2009 Table Top staff
2010 Table Top staff
2011 RPG Staff
2012 Table Top Staff
2013 Table Top - MIA
The Munchkin guy

Offline Paru

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
Re: (approved) Super Hero Time
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 03:26:29 pm »
Its been approved, I'm still thinking of line up changes. It will be space themed so more likely mega and gokai ranger then say goseiger.  I'll post time and location once things better confirmed(sunday?)
2009 Table Top staff
2010 Table Top staff
2011 RPG Staff
2012 Table Top Staff
2013 Table Top - MIA
The Munchkin guy