Author Topic: Cosplay Swap Meet?  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Daws

• Sailor Scout
Cosplay Swap Meet?
« on: June 20, 2013, 03:33:09 pm »
Does anything like this exist? I imagine I'm not alone in the fact that I have a ton of costumes, wigs, craft items, and the like that I no longer have a use for. I also imagine I'm not alone in the fact that I spend a lot of money buying all these things new. I think it'd be awesome to have a swap meet with other cosplayers who would be looking for similar items. We could save money, make money, and support one another's projects! So does this already exist? or would anyone else be interested in this?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: Cosplay Swap Meet?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 08:33:03 am »
Are you talking about AT con itself?  There usually is this type of panel on the last day, which (as I understand it) is intended for anything, including cosplay items.  This section of the forums is a great place to advertise what you want to get rid of, are looking for, and what others want to dispose of/obtain.  I would recommend looking around here; if there are still some things, then this panel is another option.  A final possibility could be the charity auction, which also takes place on the last day.  This auction is raising funds for the Sunshine Division, which works with the Portland police department to give food and such to needy families in the Portland/Clark County regions.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:33:21 am by Washougal_Otaku »
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh