Author Topic: Otaku meetup?  (Read 6093 times)

Offline Sithicus

• Cabbit
Otaku meetup?
« on: June 10, 2013, 07:03:53 am »
Hello all. I live in Beaverton, OR and am trying to find more people who are into anime (preferably good anime :-P) in my area. If you are interested in hanging out and watching some anime please let me know! You can email me at jscarpen@gmail.com.

A little about me; I am 26, married and live in Beaverton. I will watch basically any show however I am not overly fond of Naruto/Bleach/One Piece. I'd have to say that my favorite shows ever are Zero no Tsukaima, Koihime Musou, Ranma 1/2 and Haganai.

Anywho, hope to meet some like minds at some point :)

Offline Tsukinya

• Chibi
Re: Otaku meetup?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 04:22:11 pm »
Sithicus,

My husband and I (28/36) are mildly obsessed with anime, always exploring new series.  We also cannot stand One Piece, though I'm not as familiar with the others.  Some of our favorites are Clannad, Kanon (and other Key), Steins;Gate, and Full Metal Alchemist.  We also watch some of the more mature series like Elfen Lied.

Sounds like you'd be cool to hang out with and watch some anime.  We live downtown.  Let me know if our styles jive with yours, and perhaps we can set up a double date :)

Offline Hedronox

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 10:23:36 am »
Hello all. I live in Beaverton, OR and am trying to find more people who are into anime (preferably good anime :-P) in my area. If you are interested in hanging out and watching some anime please let me know! You can email me at jscarpen@gmail.com.

A little about me; I am 26, married and live in Beaverton. I will watch basically any show however I am not overly fond of Naruto/Bleach/One Piece. I'd have to say that my favorite shows ever are Zero no Tsukaima, Koihime Musou, Ranma 1/2 and Haganai.

Hmm...not too far from where I live in Tigard.
The Big Three...oh man. I don't think anyone is overly fond of the Big 3 when it comes down to digging deeper into good anime. I'll hit you up with an e-mail considering most of these forums are dead.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:24:08 am by Hedronox »
Ekusukaribaaaaaaaaa!!!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 12:25:23 pm »

The Big Three...oh man. I don't think anyone is overly fond of the Big 3 when it comes down to digging deeper into good anime. I'll hit you up with an e-mail considering most of these forums are dead.

If you don't mind me asking, where in Tigard do you live? There are a few of us by Tigard High School and I know some others over by Joanns

Offline Hedronox

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 10:57:26 pm »

If you don't mind me asking, where in Tigard do you live? There are a few of us by Tigard High School and I know some others over by Joanns
Right off of 99w near the I-5 Entrance. Didn't think anyone lived in Tigard lol.
Ekusukaribaaaaaaaaa!!!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 10:28:57 am »

Right off of 99w near the I-5 Entrance. Didn't think anyone lived in Tigard lol.
Lol all my friends used to live in Beaverton/Hillsboro area. Now they are slowly moving to Tigard XD

Offline Hedronox

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 11:30:02 am »

Lol all my friends used to live in Beaverton/Hillsboro area. Now they are slowly moving to Tigard XD
I lived in Tigard most of my life, never bothered with other areas. I also went to Tigard High School.
Ekusukaribaaaaaaaaa!!!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 11:36:32 am »
I have as well. When did you graduate? I may know you o.o

Offline Hedronox

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 11:44:43 am »
Unless you're around my age of 27 years old, I doubt it. (My birthday was actually on Monday)
p.s. I commented on your facebook page.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:45:28 am by Hedronox »
Ekusukaribaaaaaaaaa!!!

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 12:08:11 pm »
LOL I'm 25 So at one point we did go to school around the same time. I graduated in 06

Offline Hedronox

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 12:33:40 pm »
LOL I'm 25 So at one point we did go to school around the same time. I graduated in 06
My goodness...who knew! Who knew you could have been a Kouhai back in school!
Ekusukaribaaaaaaaaa!!!

Offline mini-man

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 04:27:05 pm »
I'm 21 and live near Clackamas. Though I'm not too fond of Naruto and Bleach I did kinda grow up watching One Piece. At present I'm kinda looking for good anime to watch but I've seen so many it's hard to find new ones.
You may not realise it but you already know me.

Offline Sithicus

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 01:28:36 am »
Sorry I don't check this thread too often but if anyone is interested in organizing something please email me at jscarpen@gmail.com :-D

Offline hotarukk13

• Sailor Scout
    • Google+
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 07:57:34 pm »
Hello there :o!
I'm from Portland, been here my whole life really xD
Though I'm moving to Corvallis for College in September. I'm 18 yrs old and tbh I just got out of my 1 yr vacation of no coning lol
Anytime in the summer I don't mind hanging out c:

Offline Hedronox

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 11:29:18 pm »
Hello there :o !
I'm from Portland, been here my whole life really xD
Though I'm moving to Corvallis for College in September. I'm 18 yrs old and tbh I just got out of my 1 yr vacation of no coning lol
Anytime in the summer I don't mind hanging out c:

Oi, that's a wide area if it's "Portland" lol. Then again we have people all over the area that is mildly close to each other lol.
Ekusukaribaaaaaaaaa!!!