Author Topic: Fashion Show?  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Daws

• Sailor Scout
Fashion Show?
« on: June 01, 2013, 02:13:02 pm »
So I know there was the fashion show last year, which was awesome for people to be able to show off their amazing cosplays! and I'd love to see that happen again.
However, I also thought a real "fashion" orientated show would be cool to do. Like the Lolita fashion show at Sakuracon. Only I thought it'd be cool to have something where designers of any style that's somewhat related to our con culture could have their creations strutted. Lolita, steampunk, etc. I'm personally a fan of taking pokemon and re-imagining them as awesome dresses! lol :D So it could be most anything but it would be geared more directly towards fashion as opposed to cosplay.
Just an idea. Would anyone else have an interest in this? either participating or viewing? or am I the only fashion nerd? :P

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
Re: Fashion Show?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 05:56:28 pm »
I think that sounds like a cool idea, and I would participate :)

Offline RoriLei

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 08:58:59 am »
Fashion is cool. I'm interested, but I'm mostly into plain old cosplay, so I may not be able to do it with my cosplay projects going on. I'd love to see it though.
Kumoricon 2014: Possibilities - Female Rock Lee (Naruto). Female Mako (LoK). Poison Shroom Toadette (Mario). Hawkeye (Marvel). Vaporeon (Pokemon). Izzy (TDI). Maskless Deadpool (Marvel). Jubilee (Marvel). Pacific Rim character.

Offline Dearestdarling

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 06:15:10 pm »
I would love to participate in that. I'm an independent lolita designer, so I'd love to provide clothes!

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 12:44:50 pm »
Actually, the fashion show we had last year is coming back again this year. It's open to all Kumoricon attendees.

If a particular designer would like to be featured during the fashion show, just let me know (I'm running the Kumoricon Fashion show again) and we'll arrange to have those designs shown as a set and the designer can either do the talking or hand me cue cards to read about the fashions being shown.

Same would go for Lolitas - if they can all gather together in the line as a group, we can arrange some way to feature them separately from the general "all comers" portion of the fashion show.