Author Topic: Artist Alley First Timers!  (Read 3572 times)

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
Artist Alley First Timers!
« on: May 29, 2013, 06:30:52 pm »
Okies, so there doesn't seem to be a thread for this, and Im needing a thread like this, so I assume others do as well.
Welcome to the AA First Timers thread! If you are going to be trying out to get into AA or you plan on selling next year or at another convention, this is the place for you.
Introduce yourself, what you make/plan to sell, if this is your first convention as well as your first AA, and what ever else you want to include.
And veteran sellers at AA can share advice here if youd like, Im sure it is greatly appreciated from all those who have never done anything like this before.
So please feel free to share!

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
Re: Artist Alley First Timers!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 12:49:23 pm »
I'd really like to sell my art at AA at a convention at some point, but I'm kind of nervous about it because it seems difficult.

I already know that it's a good idea to be at your table for the majority of the day... so I might not want to because I would miss a lot of the convention. I've still been considering it, though. If I did sell art at an anime convention, I would want to do it at Kumoricon because it's smaller and I would be missing less.

But I still have the question of prints. If I want to sell prints, I've been wondering, is it better to make too few and run out, or to make too many and have some left over? I forgot to ask someone I knew at AA at Sakura-Con this year, and since making prints might cost something, this has been one of my larger questions.

If I do sell art, it may not be at an anime convention, but depending on whether I get any human original characters, it could be.
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;

Offline blix

• Cabbit
    • devart
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 02:20:50 pm »
Hey if you sell out of prints and you're local to the show, you could always send a friend or parent or go yourself to go get more prints made! :P

But if you do more than one show a year, I think it's good to order more rather than less prints, because you're just gonna go sell the left over prints at the next show in a few months?

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 02:59:56 pm »
Unfortunately, though I live in the same state, I don't live close enough to Kumoricon to make it convenient. However, that's a good point that I could keep the prints for another show. I did see someone else in another topic mention that as well. That's making me think I should make more rather than fewer... thanks for the input!

For someone who's not extremely popular (yet, hehe!), what's a normal number of prints to make? I have no clue whether it might be better to make 20 or 100.
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;

Offline TalaRedWolf33

• Bunnygirl
    • Full Moon Crochet
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 05:58:10 pm »
Unfortunately, though I live in the same state, I don't live close enough to Kumoricon to make it convenient. However, that's a good point that I could keep the prints for another show. I did see someone else in another topic mention that as well. That's making me think I should make more rather than fewer... thanks for the input!

For someone who's not extremely popular (yet, hehe!), what's a normal number of prints to make? I have no clue whether it might be better to make 20 or 100.
Well, I've been reading a lot of advice columns for artist alley and all of them say that its better to make less and be able yo get more, than to make too much and lose money.