Author Topic: Find Your Duet/Ensemble Partner 2013!  (Read 5069 times)

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
Find Your Duet/Ensemble Partner 2013!
« on: May 19, 2013, 04:36:33 pm »
This thread was started by Chiroyo last year, so I figured I'd jump the gun a bit and start it off so people can get a headstart on this if they want to. Hope you don't mind, lovely! ♥

SO THEN. Do you ever want to sing a duet or ensemble piece, but you don't have a partner (or partners)? None of your friends want to sing with you? Well then, this thread is for you! If you have any duets in mind that you need a partner for, look no further than this thread! Here, you can meet with other lovely people who want to sing duets just as much as you do!

I'll start this one off. I suggested a PONPONPON group in the last thread. Who'd be up for that? >:3

Also, I still want to sing 3 Primary Colors from Digimon Tamers with two other people. Any takers?

HELLO, PLEASE CALL ME TACO. C:

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:
Tales of Xillia - Leia Rolando

Offline Rin09

• Oni
Re: Find Your Duet/Ensemble Partner 2013!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 02:22:53 pm »
I've only sung in a Karaoke setting myself, but I think it'd be fun to sing a JRock song. :) Anyone thats good with Guitar, Bass and Drums? lol Ready, Steady, Go sounds like a good one off the top of my head? Anyone want to add to this?

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:48:28 am »
Oooh, that song is a ton of fun to sing! I'd totally be up to singing it with you.

There's always 'flyaway' by BACK-ON which is excellent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCf4yxh8lss <- Here's the song if you want to hear it, Rin.

Also, 'Karma' by Bump of Chicken, and 'SHINE' by Funkist .... I'm very obviously a Tales of addict with my song choices. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neqMLadIZoc <- Karma
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI6q0i1CJmc <- SHINE

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline eritela

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 06:36:45 pm »

I'm not a great singer, but if you can't find anyone else I could probably sing 3 Primary Colors with you!

I am open to any other songs, as well. I can usually sing the male parts (or high parts an octave lower). Just give me notice so I can learn the songs.

Also, if I were to miraculously find someone willing to sing parts of Capriccio Farce, Madness of Duke Venomania, or Project MA, that would be the most amazing thing ever.

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 02:16:42 pm »

I'm not a great singer, but if you can't find anyone else I could probably sing 3 Primary Colors with you!

I am open to any other songs, as well. I can usually sing the male parts (or high parts an octave lower). Just give me notice so I can learn the songs.

Also, if I were to miraculously find someone willing to sing parts of Capriccio Farce, Madness of Duke Venomania, or Project MA, that would be the most amazing thing ever.

I'm willing to sing any or all of the girls' parts to Madness of Duke Venomania. I think it would be fun, too!
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;

Offline Gerita fan

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 10:21:24 pm »
If anyone wants it would be awesome if someone would sing Radioactive with me.
Day 0: Humanstuck Sollux (Homestuck
Day 1: Kankri and Mituna (Homestuck
Day 2: Ruby (SU)
Day 3: Sollux (HS) and young Xavier (Xmen)
Day 4: Carlos (WTNV) and Dr. Kondraki (SCP)

Offline laurabu

• Oni
    • Twitter
    • Lavendeer
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 09:11:33 am »
This is a great idea!

Does anyone like m-flo? I would love to find a duet partner for any of their songs.

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 04:31:55 pm »

I'm sure you sing just fine! I don't know either of those three songs well despite being fairly familiar with Venomania but I could take a look.

If anyone wants it would be awesome if someone would sing Radioactive with me.

Is that the Imagine Dragons song, Radioactive? Because I can tell you right now if it is, you won't be allowed to sing it in the Karaoke room.

Kumoricon Karaoke Room rules states that song choices must be Japanese/Korean/Chinese/Asian in some way, OR Related to a Japanese Anime or Game in some way. So if you're singing the Sailor Moon theme song in German, that's acceptable. But if you want to come in and sing the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic theme song or something from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, that absolutely will not be allowed due to the fact that it's not associated with anything remotely Asian.

Regardless of how fandom has evolved over the past several years, Kumoricon is an anime convention.

This is a great idea!

Does anyone like m-flo? I would love to find a duet partner for any of their songs.

Post a few? I don't know any songs by the artist, but I'd definitely be up for singing with you. c:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 12:21:47 am by Tacosu »

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:

Offline laurabu

• Oni
    • Twitter
    • Lavendeer
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 08:40:21 pm »
Post a few? I don't know any songs by the artist, but I'd definitely be up for singing with you. c:

I tried to see if any had karaoke versions on YouTube but it doesn't look like it :(. I think it would be pretty hard to learn quickly since every song has multiple parts and rapping in Japanese.

If you're still interested though here are two that I know the best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD59LJX2r38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVqZKflL4PY