Author Topic: The "Who I Am cosplaying" Thread - (fallow up to "Who should I cosplay as" )  (Read 4131 times)

Offline Loli_Wolf

• Cabbit
This topic is in repsonse to be a fallow up to the thread "Who should I cosplay as" posted by nekovamp13's  (who as an amazing king in cosplay chess - was so glad to serve as your rook ~Kraft Lawrence )
This thread was created to let people do two things

1. To let people talk/show off who they are cosplaying as (if they knew or got help in other thread)
2. Help the convention staff easily pick cosplay scavanger hunt characters (help prevent them from jumping topics to make choices)

So lets prevent over 9000 (yea i went there) post of people saying who they are going as from spamming the forums and feel free to post who your going as here

Your posts should include the following:
  • Photo of yourself or a really detailed description (hair style/color, body type, etc...(also should include your gender, for there are some people that it might be hard to tell - and it helps people who may want to find you for pictures at convention))
  • Anime/Manga/Game series that you are from
  • other characters you may be going as
  • What are you willing to do? ( in pictures in case a person is looking for you at the Con to take pictures)
And any other info that you'd like us to know.

Posts by those replying should include:
  • No negative comments
  • If you have suggestions of how to improve on a persons cosplay PLEASE do not be rude consider your words carefully
  • Small talk between people is okay (just dont turn it into a 20+ conversation there are private messages available)
Same as vampneko13, I will not allow any negative comments. No saying that someone is ugly and can't cosplay anyone. If any fights or spam happen here I will send a warning message to you as well . And if it happens often by a person I will inform a mod.

well with that being said -- Let the Kumoricon people know who you will be
Life=anime / anime=life ~~> so be goofy, be happy, and be proud to show of that inner anime nerd  =^~^=
Im cute and cuddly - but fearce like a wolf - bite first snuggle after

Offline fadadio

• Cabbit
    • Facebook

Hey I am Steven, I will be Cosplaying as Beetlejuice again since its my favorite cosplay and being in character for Beetlejuice comes naturally for me. I am willing to do anything for the photos minus kissing anyone of the same gender. I am very easygoing so do not hesitate to come up to me and ask me for a photo. I am also looking for a way to improve the makeup for my beetlejuice, since last time I used the standard Halloween White cream for my face but it ended up looking really smeary instead of smooth. So any tips on how to do this would be appreciated since I dont know anything when it comes to good cosplay makeup techniques.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:08:31 pm by fadadio »

Offline Loli_Wolf

• Cabbit
Hey steven -- a friend of mine went a jack skelenton and for the white face he used acrilic art paint on his face  try that but do know you will need to wash your face each night after use or it will dry your skin out and you will need some type of scrub brush it is hard to remove

oh and for this year I am going as either Kiba from naruto (non shippuden) or possibly tri-edge from .hack and also a hidden character im saving for when cosplay chess is posted ^_^
Life=anime / anime=life ~~> so be goofy, be happy, and be proud to show of that inner anime nerd  =^~^=
Im cute and cuddly - but fearce like a wolf - bite first snuggle after

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
I'm Teddy (to the cosplay community anyway) and this year I am doing;
Miss Martian from Season One of Young Justice.
Naruko Uzumaki in the Shippuden Outfit.
A Female version of Gary Oak, with a custome design from Tranny or both of us.
Sailor Scout Venus! Everyone knows this one :D
Namine from Kingdom Hearts.
Korra from Legend of Korra.

These are my main to get dones at least. The rest are up in the air, do whatever I feel like.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:12:45 pm by Teddy_Bearxx »

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
At the moment my plan looks like

Queen Elinor DunBroch from Brave
Gabriel from Supernatural (maybe Meg too)
Hugue du Watteau from Trinity Blood
Eternal Sailor Pluto from Sailor Moon

though it's probably subject to change at any point

Offline fadadio

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
thanks for the info ill look into that acrilic paint

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Acrylic paint? What? No. That is actually the worst idea ever. I swear by Snazaroo colored makeup (I'm assuming they have clown white) and it's easy to apply and goes on smooth. It takes at least two coats and you have to let it dry between coats though or else it'll just smear. It's water based, too, so it won't dry your skin out (at least not in my experience).

Offline Esif

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART
Acrylic paint? What? No. That is actually the worst idea ever. I swear by Snazaroo colored makeup (I'm assuming they have clown white) and it's easy to apply and goes on smooth. It takes at least two coats and you have to let it dry between coats though or else it'll just smear. It's water based, too, so it won't dry your skin out (at least not in my experience).

As a homestuck cosplayer who has worn white snazzaroo all over my face, neck, and arms I can vouch for this makeup, it comes off easily, no soap required, and hardly needed any touch ups during the time I wore it (also it's pretty cheap, 9 bucks at Blick art supplies, no shipping required)

However, I gotta say that while the end result looks great, white takes forever to apply. It took me at least 3 coats on my face (not counting the almost five do-overs I needed to get my arms looking right) to get a solid color, so be aware of that. Also make sure to seal the makeup super well because in warmer weather / indoors with no air conditioning it smudges very easily.
2014 Cosplays:
-Pearl (Steven Universe) 80% complete
-Ilse (SNK OVA) 15% complete
-Secret Cosplay (Soul Eater) 20% complete
- Crow Arrow (Ava's Demon) 99% complete

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
Now this is a thread I can get behind.

I'm a 5'11", heavy-ish built female by the name of Erin, though I go by Kari (due to my tumblr- lots of people know me as Kari). Kumoricon 2013 will be my fifth Kumoricon, sixth con in total :3 Last year I was a Human!GlaDOS, Irene Adler, and Sho Minatmimoto. (I was the GlaDOS of the GlaDOS/Wheatley piece in Cosplay Chess)

My three cosplays are in my signature (percents are recent as of right now). Spy is gonna be a long red dress with a traditional mask and feathers, long gloves, and a head scarf (I'll be using my natural brunette hair). Espeon is a corset with skinny jeans, a short lavender wig, wig ears and a tail. GlaDOS will be a black collar, white shirt, black skirt, white boots, white wig, and black and white make up. The cosplays are getting done, but I'm focusing more on making hats (for artist ally) and working so I can afford con. I'm just so excited this year x3 These cosplays are gonna rock.
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline LadyAlmanic

• Cabbit
Hai, I'm Stephanie. I'm going as Sylvanas Windrunner from World of Warcraft and Mami Tomoe and Mahou Shoujo (Puella Magi) Madoka Magica.

I am 5'3", about 100lbs and will be with two other girls of similar height and build.

I am willing to give hugs and take pictures, posing or casual.

I am not willing to do any sort of kissing, but I will do hugging or other close things, unless you know how to stage kiss and that's a maybe.

You can find me wandering a LOT. I will be participating in a Madoka Magica photoshoot, and I will have at LEAST one gun for Mami, and maybe two.

I am very friendly! My badge name is Lady Sylvanas and I'm a greenie so keep that in mind.

My friends might bite though ( they won't. It's okay).
2014 Costumes:
Junko Enoshima: Dangan Ronpa
Mami Tomoe: Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Robin: One Piece

Offline KingOfSassgard

• Sailor Scout
    • Instagram
- Hello people, I'm Alex. I am a female that's 5'6" with a fairly muscular build. I have very short blonde hair and blue eyes.

- I will be cosplaying:
          ~Denmark from Hetalia
          ~Amane Ohtori from Strawberry Panic
          ~Lady Loki from Marvel Comics

- I am willing to do almost anything. However, I will not do any kissing on the lips.

I'm always up to take pictures so don't hesitate to ask!
Used to be DasDeutsch

Tumblr: http://the-king-of-sassgard.tumblr.com

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
Hi! I'm Emilie, but I commonly go by as Sezzy :3 I'm 5'4" and  have a very thin body type; I basically look like I have no muscle. I have brown hair that comes to my chin, with bangs that go across my forehead. Half Japanese, half Danish. I have brow eyes, but for the kumoricon, I'll be wearing blue contacts for two days and red for one.

I will be cosplaying:
Miku Hatsune from Vocaloid (The music video being Secret Black Vow/Himitsu)
Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club
Haine Rammsteiner from Dogs: Bullets and Carnage
{In order}

I'm willing to do mostly everything. However, I am still a minor and I wish to prevent from doing anything like kissing and specific sorts of poses (and you should know what poses I mean cause I ain't explaining them alright alright)

My badge name is Sezzydezzy. I'm extremely friendly, although a bit awkward. Don't be afraid to walk up to me or my friend (who's badge name is Alpaca Llama ...read it in a certain way...What does it sound like? 8'D i'll pack a llama hint hint) So yes! We're both willing to take pictures and chat, all dat jazz.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:26:40 pm by Citael »

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
Hello all!  Name's Chris, I'm not sure that my physical stats are relevant as it'll all be covered up with a full mascot outfit, but I guess underneath, I'm a 5'6&3/4" half Filipino, quarter French, and quarter Irish guy with a somewhat average-athletic build, dark brown stylized cowlicked hair and I have heterochromia (one eye is hazel and the other blue).

I'll be cosplaying as a full-blown moogle (everyone knows where a moogle is from!).  I blew my entire budget on this one costume (don't ask, but I'll say it's over $200), so it'll be my only one for the whole con. 

Cosplaying as a big fluffy moogle, of course I'm open to all sorts of hugs, glomping, dancing, holding hands and skipping.  Oh, and just letting any fangirls know that I pose no sexual threat, being of the homosexual persuasion.  So everyone, feel free to glomp the moogle!  Kupo!~
Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Heya! My name is Lindsay, and I am a heavy set gal standing at 5'7" with brown hair... don't know what color it will be at con! XD

I will be cosplaying Mr. Popo from DBZ and Team Fortress 2 Red Fem. Heavy. During my Fem. Heavy I will be wandering around playing Heavy Roulette with anyone who wants to play where you draw a number and recieve a prize from one of the bullets on my ammo belt(as they are hollow). I will do that all day Saturday so come find me! I will have my boxing gloves instead of a mini-gun as I didn't get it completed for this year. T-T  As Mr. Popo I will just be running around having fun on Sunday! Using PAX body paint so no smudgin.  ;D Come up to me if you want pics and stuff I don't mind.

Jeez this will be my 6th Kumo attended. My badge will read Linsei and I am blue badge! I haven't a clue who I will be hangin with as I tend to bounce between friends and panels and just going around people watching, but if ya see me in line or just chilling in the park come say hi and get a pic if you want.
Secrety secrets!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Might as well..

Mine are:
Sweet Lolita coord (this will be day0 but I may where it on day2 so I don't have to wear my huge heels all day)
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3401487/
-About 5'7" (WITH the shoes on, normally I'm shorter)
-It's hard to tell, but I have a special print that only I will have. It's lolipops and gummie bears. This preint was one that was created by the dressmaker for me and me only.
-Dress is mostly blue and pink. Also, there are (hard to see in the pic) blue and pink vertical strips all over it.
-Pink and blue wig to match the cress.
-You can see the rest lol

Kyoko Sakura - Mahou Shojo Madoka Magika
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3410663/
-With these heels, I'm pretty tall..No idea for sure though..Maybe 5'8" or 5'9"
-Green hoodie with black top underneath
-Jean short shorts with fir
-Dark red wig pulled back into a ponytail with a black bow at the base of the ponytail.
-Heels that I really hate to wear lol They are brown..

Kairi - Kingdom Hearts 2
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3413552/
-About 5'4" since I'm wearing shoes that are pretty flat..
-Shoes are low-top Chuck Taylors that are painted purple with fabric paint and have black laces.
-Pink dress with a middle zipper and 2 semi-side zippers, white tank underneath.
-Dark red wig.

Offline Zena234

• Oni
Hey! I'm going as Punkstuck! Jane from Homestuck! I probably will be going all three days in the same cosplay and Beta Dave from Homestuck will be my back up. I'm usually 5'9" without wearing shoes, but I'll be wearing 3 inch platform boots for Jane, so I'll be around 6 ft tall in height, you won't miss me!  ;D  I'm half German and half British (and, no, I don't have an accent), and I'm not the skinniest person, but I'm not over weight. I have have a bit of muscle, oh, and if you haven't guessed, I'm a girl!  :)   

I'm glad to take pictures, hugs, glomps, dancing, skipping down the street (i might fall because of my shoes), or just talking! See you all there!  ;)
2014 line up!!~
Day 0 (Might be able to make it) - Fem! Jake
Day 1 (Friday) - Dirk in his gasmask
Day 2 (Saturday) - mystery cosplay
Day 3 (Sunday) - Roxy

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
Hey I am Steven, I will be Cosplaying as Beetlejuice again since its my favorite cosplay and being in character for Beetlejuice comes naturally for me. I am willing to do anything for the photos minus kissing anyone of the same gender. I am very easygoing so do not hesitate to come up to me and ask me for a photo. I am also looking for a way to improve the makeup for my beetlejuice, since last time I used the standard Halloween White cream for my face but it ended up looking really smeary instead of smooth. So any tips on how to do this would be appreciated since I dont know anything when it comes to good cosplay makeup techniques.
Do NOT use acrylic paint! It is really bad for your skin and usually ends up cracking after a while anyways. If you want to stick with cream, Ben Nye is a good brand. My favorite type of makeup to use is water based. I use Kryolon brand myself, but there are other brands.
I suggest finding a theater store near you and asking them. Most usually sell makeup for theater, so they would have the cream makeups mainly. Two stores I know for sure are Costume Avenue in Beaverton and Hollywood Lights in Portland.

As for myself, I'm nekovamp13, also known as Smiling Moon on Facebook, and my real name is Xander~
I'm biologically female, but usually dress/look more male. I do consider myself genderless though, but don't mind being called either gender. Usually the gender of my cosplayed character is fine ^^

My cosplay plans for Kumoricon are as follows:

Day 0: Miguel from "The Road to El Dorado"
I will be with a fabulous Tulio

Day 1: My original plan fell through, so at this point, I don't know. My group and I may do Wonderland, but it's still up in the air at this point...

Day 2: Ice King from "Adventure Time"
You may remember me as the only Ice King last year as well as the wonderful King in Cosplay Chess~ I shall be with a large group on freaking awesome people that I can't name them all. But look for the large blue freak XP

Later, I shall be changing into Hoody from "Marble Hornets" a Creepypasta.
I will be with a whole group of creepies including Masky, Jeff the Killer, Ben Drowned and a few others. As well we shall be followed by the creepiest Slender Man.

Day 3: Shhhhhhhh
I am upgrading from King to MASTER this year! That's right, yours truly will be Chess Master this year. I will be playing against my partner in crime Pein_Cupcake. For now, we are keeping who we're cosplaying a secret until the teams are announced, but you know you all want to come see me >w>

As for what I'm willing to do with people....Pretty much anything appropriate for public. I may make you uncomfortable before you make me XD
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
Hellllloooooooooo everybody! My name is toonafeesh, my cosplay name is KaythulhuFerret, and my real life (graphics are awesome, storyline sucks) name is Ceilidh [pronouced KAY-lee].

This is my 3rd KumoriCon, and 5th con overall. I like to consider myself a pro at conventions. I am sadly still 17, and turn 18 two weeks after con. Anyways, TO THE LINEUP!

Day 0 (Pre-registration): Hipster Ariel. She is going to make several appearances at con, simply because she wears "normal for me" clothes, and it s something I can throw on, and be comfortable in for several hours while I am, let's see: working behind a desk and computers HELPING GET Y'ALL CHECKED IN <3

Day 1: I don't like to assign costumes to certain days, but I'm thinking either Princess Mononoke or Tsubaki from Soul Eater in the morning, and then changing into Ariel's sightseeing dress in the evening.

The Ball: Now it really depends what day this is on, and what wig I'm feeling. But I have a dress that works for both Ariel's blue sparkly dress (when she walks out of the ocean at the end of the movie), AS WELL AS DREAM SEQUENCE ARWEN FROM LOTR: TWO TOWERS. So freaking stoked. Don't know which one I'll do, because it comes down to which wig I want to wear. But whatever.

Day 2: Again, don't like to assign cosplays. If it's hot, I'll wear Tsubaki. If it's relatively cool (in the 80s), I'll wear Nidalee from League of Legends. Pretty excited about this cosplay. I can honestly say it's the first one I've gone full-on cosplay mode on.

Day 3: If I'm in cosplay chess, I'll be wearing Nidalee. If not, I'll probably wear Nidalee, or Hipster Ariel. Usually by Day 3, I'm so out of it, and exhausted, I don't even want to look at anybody (no offense).

Anyways. That's kind of tentative. Don't quite know if I'll be up to mending my Princess Mononoke teeth (and dying my hair brown again!), but if I am, You can definitely expect to see quite a few cosplays from KaythulhuFerret.

P.S. Here is a picture.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/998827_4810984763054_741902426_n.jpg
This was taken this summer at a cosplay meet/photoshoot. I'm dressed as Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy VII. Sadly, I no longer have this cosplay as the wig got really ruined (you can see me trying to fix it in the picture), so I re-purposed it for Tsubaki. Hope you enjoy :3

Offline AnimalCrossing

• Cabbit
Hello!! This year at kumoricon, Im cosplaying Human!Reese from Animal Crossing!! It would be really fun to be on the scavenger hunt listnand i hae wanted to be on it since my first kumoricon in 2010!!
1) Im a female, a little on the heavy side (not a ton though, since im only 15), and I am 5'4"
2) As i said, I am going to be Reese from Animal Crossing (i will add a picture when i get my wig and apron in a week) This is what Reese looks like
3) I may be fionna from adventure time, If reese is popular, i will not be fionna
4) Id be willing to just pose with my 'Re-Tail' sign. Im also giving out a few bell pouches with some chocolate coins in them

So thats it!! Thanks for reading!!