Author Topic: Suggestion/question regarding volunteering/staff  (Read 4755 times)

Offline MissAndroxi

• Oni
Suggestion/question regarding volunteering/staff
« on: April 26, 2013, 10:27:41 am »
For the past few years myself and a few others have considered volunteering and I'm not sure quite where to post this to ask, but is there a youtube video or something that shows what it is that is specifically done on staff or in volunteering? I know there are some things that as a regular con attendee we see, but what about behind the scenes? I, personally, would be more likely to have the desire to volunteer if I knew exactly what kinds of things I should expect if I were to volunteer. I'll admit, I haven't had the ability to attend for the last couple of years, though this year I will be breaking that sad trend. :D Any and all feedback would be highly appreciated.
~ Miss Androxi
"ᶴƒ ᶴ ƒɑℒℒ ϯɧɼѻʊℊɧ ϯɧℯ ωѻɼℒ∂, ωɩℒℒ ϓѻʊ ℭɑϯʗɧ ℳℯ?"

Offline yelloweyedowl

• Sailor Scout
Re: Suggestion/question regarding volunteering/staff
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 03:25:08 pm »
 What goes on behind the scenes as staff varies a lot depending on what you are doing.  Our Get Involved page is a great place to get started.  Attending a general meeting is also a great way to learn more about being staff and the full list of open positions can be found on our Open Positions page.
Staff get a Kumoricon badge, staff shirt, lanyard, meals and the staff hotel rate.  We also have staff parties in December and July. 
What you should expect varies a lot on the type of position you have.  Many staff hold positions that are primarily or entirely at-con positions, but exactly what that looks like varies by position.  There are also several positions that are mostly pre-con which some people like so they have most of the weekend to do whatever they want. 
If you have more questions about anything I’d be glad to answer them.  :D

Offline pyromage1222

• Oni
    • Facebook
Re: Suggestion/question regarding volunteering/staff
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 09:08:11 pm »
SWEET! some one else asked before me,  ;D  I had asked on a diffrent thread about jobs, but I thought I would have to wait till the up coming meeting on the 17th!

thank you both very much!

Josiah
"One should not die for his friends. He should live for them."
>>Erza Scarlet 

Those who do not understand true pain can never understand true peace."
>>Nagato(Pain)