Convention Events and Programming > Live Programming

Kumori Ball- Looking for Hosts!

(1/16) > >>

Kokotankuu:
Hello all ye Kconers! I am the cohost of the ballroom dance lessons from 2012. We are very much hoping to have the Kumoriball again this year. Like last year we had a group of hosts who would help by asking wall flowers to dance. We re looking for volunteers to help us do this again! If you would like to help out or just have some questions feel free to post to message me for further info! But until then, here's a Q and A

Q) What does being a host entail?
A) Knowing something about leading (or a good follow) and getting others to dance.

Q) But what if I only kinda know how to dance?
A) We are actually thinking about running a workshop during the summer in Portland or the area, to help brush up on some dance moves and styles!  Yes this basically means a free dance lesson.

Q) Is there something I have to do before hand if I want to be a host?
A) Contact me! Kokotankuu! You can try the Dread Pirate but he's usually at work.

Q) I know how to dance already, is this helpful?
A) You don't know how much! Yes!! It's extremely helpful. We are only a handful of people running this thing right now, we will love all the help we can get. The Kumoriball is like herding cats.

Q) What if I know absolutely nothing about ballroom dance? Can I still be a host?
A) At this time, we are really looking for people we don't have to teach from the ground up in only a few weeks. If you're interested in dancing though, come to the panel events during kcon and talk to us then.

Q) I like dancing!!
A) Well that's not really a question....but good for you! ^^b

Please post any other questions you might have!

TsunderePrussian:
I've been eagerly awaiting this!
I would love to be a host again for the ball if it happens and if it's alright. c:

Kokotankuu:
Hey there! Do you know how to dance at all?

TsunderePrussian:
Hello. c: Also yes I do! I know quite a few ballroom dances. c:
I was a host last year and would love to help out as a host again. c:

Teddy_Bearxx:
I'm usually a wallflower myself, so I would love to help out too if you don't mind!
[/size]I know some basic ballroom dances, but I wouldn't mind coming to the workshops either to learn more.
[/size]Do you have to be in a specific cosplay? My sister and I were going to do Korra and Asami.
[/size]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version