Author Topic: Kumoriball Feedback!  (Read 4405 times)

Offline Kokotankuu

• Sailor Scout
Kumoriball Feedback!
« on: September 03, 2013, 05:22:29 pm »
Hey guys! I'm one of the hosts/runners of the Kumoriball. We don't get a lot of feed back from people. We DID hear about the communication blunders, open/closed toed shoes fiasco and we're working on fixing all that, but OTHER than that, what would YOU like to see changed, different, more of etc?    We would really like to make next year's ball AMAZING and have as few hiccups as possible.  Con is 4 days long next year (not sure how possible this is ) but maybe 2 balls? 1 maybe the anarchy ball in con space?  We want to make next year even better, but we can't do it without feed back from you!

I know as a host/teacher, we'd love to work with the Anarchy ball goers and try to run 2 if at all possible once we talk to the con chairs. But let me hear some feedback from you guys!
~Koko

Cosplay '13

Princess Merida again?
Steam Punk-100%

~Mad World Creations

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
Re: Kumoriball Feedback!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:10:36 pm »
I think we should get a small flyer with all the information, we can pass them out at the lessons, have some at the info booth?

I really enjoyed assistign with everything, so I hope you guys will let me come back to help you. it was the most fun I've ever had!
though i think you guys said it was okay i dont remember. xD

Offline Jalak

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 09:28:12 pm »
Nearly everyone I've talked to about Kumoricon becoming a 4-day convention has brought up the possibility of having two balls. This opens up the possibility of different themes and costume requirements, such as masquerade, cosplay-only and more formal attire.

Offline Kokotankuu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 10:05:40 am »
What we were kinda thinking, and of course this is thinking, the con chairs make all the rules. Is to have the Anarchy ball first, no dress code, good music, everyone has fun, lax rules etc. Then later, the Kumoriball goes strictly formal as is 18+ so there are fewer people, more of a ball atmosphere and you can wear the big poofy dresses and dance the traditional ball dances? IT'S just a thought right now, we still need to talk to Programming to get it all set up.

And Teddy, we made it ticketed for that reason, but hopefully we can get the word out there in the big book next year
Cosplay '13

Princess Merida again?
Steam Punk-100%

~Mad World Creations

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 12:26:06 pm »
What we were kinda thinking, and of course this is thinking, the con chairs make all the rules. Is to have the Anarchy ball first, no dress code, good music, everyone has fun, lax rules etc. Then later, the Kumoriball goes strictly formal as is 18+ so there are fewer people, more of a ball atmosphere and you can wear the big poofy dresses and dance the traditional ball dances? IT'S just a thought right now, we still need to talk to Programming to get it all set up.

And Teddy, we made it ticketed for that reason, but hopefully we can get the word out there in the big book next year

I like that idea.

Offline fairly_foxy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 07:42:12 pm »
I think there should be an under 18 event and an 18+ event. Meaning just- nobody with an adult badge can be at one ball. And nobody with an under 18 badge can get into the adult ball. I really think the attire requirement is important. Please no making it NOT a ball. It ruins the atmosphere.

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 08:46:59 pm »
I do like the idea of two balls; but the only real problem with it in my eyes is....Well, if there is an +18 ball that's more...Well, like a ball, I wouldn't be able to attend, considering I am still underage D: If there were two balls, I'd prefer one that could be open to all, similar to the one held this year, and then a latter ball that is +18 where the dances can get a bit more fancy and the dresses can get a bit more puffy? :o I'm not sure if I'm really adding anything to this topic, but I would like the ball to remain a ball x'D