Author Topic: Usergroups?  (Read 3614 times)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Usergroups?
« on: September 25, 2005, 08:35:20 pm »
Can we make usergroups?
I noticed that there are sTaff/Voultenner/ect groups, can we make our own? Like the Goggle Squad Usergroup or Pocky Club Usergroup?

^^;; Just wondering. Thanks.

Offline Thejew

• Chibi
Usergroups?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 08:49:52 pm »
I think Waffles asked something like that a few weeks ago....
Goggle Squad would be cool ^o^

Offline Hermisia_kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1433551/
Usergroups?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 10:09:52 pm »
Er... why aren't I in the Staff user group?
Olivia:
A devoted Yojimbo,
Writer of Goggleslash,
Muncher of Pocky,
Tottaly sucks at not getting kidnaped

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Usergroups?
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 09:07:30 am »
Quote from: "Hermisia_kitty"
Er... why aren't I in the Staff user group?

Because there's way too many Yojimbo to add to staff, also Staff on the forums are usually given mod abilities as well.

The justification for no user groups before was that we didn't have enough people. I think that by now we have nough people to just start getting the user groups together. Goggle Squad and Pocky club being the most obvious, though I think we'd both lose out against the Saiyuki fans.  :wink:

Whatta ya think Gus? Do we have enough people to entitle some usergroups?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
Usergroups?
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 10:30:12 am »
i dont know give the goggle squad two more years and you'll need us
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Usergroups?
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 10:15:51 am »
Hermisia isn't in the staff group because no one has an authoritative list of who is staff, and it's been somewhat difficult to figure it out. When I was creating the current staff usergroup I've mainly gone off of 1) who was in the various staff usergroups we used to have, and 2) who uses the staff mailing list, and sometimes people I know personally or who have been vouched for by other staff. If I can't figure out the forum username of someone on the staff mailing list I can't put them in the staff usergroup on the forums. If you are on the staff mailing list, please respond to my request for your info so I can associate you with your username. If you aren't, there will be a signup form available at the convention meeting on October 9th.

The purpose of the usergroups is only to provide additional forums to the people involved with producing next year's convention. This means I cannot provide additional special usergroups to unaffiliated groups like Pocky Club or Goggle Squad. This would require doing so for anyone else who asked with no particular justification behind it, hence I'd have to respond to ALL requests, and I'm not prepared to do that. However, anyone who wishes to put the time and effort into being a part of staff or a volunteer is welcome to sign up and will become a part of one of those usergroups.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Hermisia_kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1433551/
Usergroups?
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 12:14:23 pm »
I wasn't staff until the morning of the convention and I had never been to any of the meeting.  I don't live in the Portland area and have no access to a car, hence the no going to meetings until summer at least.  I suppose I can't blame you for not being psychic.  

Thanks for answering my question though.
Olivia:
A devoted Yojimbo,
Writer of Goggleslash,
Muncher of Pocky,
Tottaly sucks at not getting kidnaped