Author Topic: Vocaloid 2013  (Read 57659 times)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Vocaloid 2013
« on: March 20, 2013, 11:11:59 pm »
No longer running this.

NOW RUNNING THIS:
Pumpkinziggy

TIME: TBA
DATE: TBA
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:21:16 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
Re: Vocaloid 2013
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 04:11:26 pm »
This year at Kumoricon, I'm gonna be Len Kagamine and Dell Honne. Both cosplays "may" be done on the same day, but I'm not sure which one, it "might" be.

((WHEN  REPLYING TO THIS PLEASE TRY TO USE THE CORRECT COLOR ON YOUR VOCALOID'S NAME!!))
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 04:38:48 pm »
This year at Kumoricon, I'm gonna be Len Kagamine and Dell Honne. Both cosplays "may" be done on the same day, but I'm not sure which one, it "might" be.

((WHEN  REPLYING TO THIS PLEASE TRY TO USE THE CORRECT COLOR ON YOUR VOCALOID'S NAME!!))

First, I'm gonna have to say something about that color thing. Since it's a freaking FORUM and not a "do it or you will die" situation, please feel free to type your cosplays name in whatever color you want. It's very rude to tell us to do what you want us to do. We don't HAVE to do anything if we don't feel like it. Plus people like me, the colors like yellow and other light colors make it impossible to see the name, as well as hurt my eyes a little. So telling us we have to do it is uncalled for.

Second would you like your name added then as both but put "maybe" after each one?

Oh and no, I'm not changing the color on the list. You will live.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 06:05:17 pm »

First, I'm gonna have to say something about that color thing. Since it's a freaking FORUM and not a "do it or you will die" situation, please feel free to type your cosplays name in whatever color you want. It's very rude to tell us to do what you want us to do. We don't HAVE to do anything if we don't feel like it. Plus people like me, the colors like yellow and other light colors make it impossible to see the name, as well as hurt my eyes a little. So telling us we have to do it is uncalled for.

Second would you like your name added then as both but put "maybe" after each one?

1. Gomenasai.
2. Please do. (It's Len Kagamine and Dell Honne)
3. I understand.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 08:36:00 pm »

1. Gomenasai.
2. Please do. (It's Len Kagamine and Dell Honne)
3. I understand.

Really sorry to be like that, but yea..Thank you for the understanding.

I will for sure add you with "maybe" after both of them.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 12:14:17 am »
Agreed. Colors are kind of annoying and the only real way to read them is to highlight the text. In addition to that, Kaito cosplayers cause eye damage because that shade of blue is almost impossible for most people to focus on due to the spectrum of light. Basically your brain keeps telling your eyes to try and focus on something they can't.

Oh the joys of learning stuff at college... and also finding out that the typical hypertext link is technically hurting us (though most people don't notice it consciously.)

If I go to k-con I'll probably come as regular Kaito again. Might bring ice cream again like I did two years ago. :P
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 01:41:36 pm »
Agreed. Colors are kind of annoying and the only real way to read them is to highlight the text. In addition to that, Kaito cosplayers cause eye damage because that shade of blue is almost impossible for most people to focus on due to the spectrum of light. Basically your brain keeps telling your eyes to try and focus on something they can't.

Oh the joys of learning stuff at college... and also finding out that the typical hypertext link is technically hurting us (though most people don't notice it consciously.)

If I go to k-con I'll probably come as regular Kaito again. Might bring ice cream again like I did two years ago. :P
Add you on as a Maybe then?

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 11:32:53 pm »
If I can find a place to stay, I will be a "probably." but right now that's a big if, so yes, maybe.

clearer than mud, I know.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 03:23:16 pm »
For sure, one of my cosplays is going to be Luka's red kimono from Project Diva (still not sure what the name of the costume is). It's extremely comfortable, so I might even favor it over the normal Luka costume that I have.

I know I'm bringing a Gakupo cosplayer with me, but since Kumoricon 2013 is still a few months away, we haven't decided exactly what we're wearing. I just know that unless it's insanely hot, I will definitely be wearing Luka's red kimono for at least one day of the convention.
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 03:39:43 pm »
For sure, one of my cosplays is going to be Luka's red kimono from Project Diva (still not sure what the name of the costume is). It's extremely comfortable, so I might even favor it over the normal Luka costume that I have.

I know I'm bringing a Gakupo cosplayer with me, but since Kumoricon 2013 is still a few months away, we haven't decided exactly what we're wearing. I just know that unless it's insanely hot, I will definitely be wearing Luka's red kimono for at least one day of the convention.
I added both you and your friend to the list

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 05:42:33 pm »
Myself, and two of my friends will be going as Alluring Secret ~ Black Vow ~

I'll be going as Miku and my two friends will be going as Kagamine Twins. Once I find out their username on here, I'll come back xD And this is for sure :3

Offline You-friend-Sushi

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 07:33:37 pm »
I'll be going as senbonzakura and sanplay Luka. One day for each though I am not sure which day I will be assigning cosplays. Lol.
I typo'd my name. It's Your-friend-Sushi. Pleased to meet you. C:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 10:21:55 pm »
Sushi, I added you. But I added as just Luka. That way you can just pick whichever one you want.

Offline dagsmajags123

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 11:24:07 am »
I MIGHT be going as either Luka from Just Be Friends, or Luka from Witch
Big Projects?

Lady Loki/ Avengers Loki

Winter Solider

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 01:20:45 pm »
im going as sandplay gakupo~~
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 11:11:02 pm »
Added both of you

Offline CyberIncision

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 01:48:13 am »
I am WORKING slowly on Calne Ca from Bacterial Contamination. I hope to get it done this year but we'll see ^.^

Any tips anyone could give me on construction would be great! Starting with a good fabric for the basic Hatsune Miku outfit.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 02:23:05 am by CyberIncision »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2013, 04:15:57 pm »
I am WORKING slowly on Calne Ca from Bacterial Infection. I hope to get it done this year but we'll see ^.^

Any tips anyone could give me on construction would be great! Starting with a good fabric for the basic Hatsune Miku outfit.
Added

Offline kyande

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 06:44:56 pm »
I'll be Miku again! Not sure what all ones I will do, but for sure Miku! 

Also excited because I'm gonna make the wig this time! (my picture has the one I bought) but I want real pig tails not the weird looking clip ones.

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 09:08:34 pm »
I'll be 'Love is War' Miku for day 1, hopefully for the karaoke contest!

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 09:40:11 pm »
Hey, so I didn't see a thread for 2013..I posted on the 2012 thread, but that's obviously specific to that year. Anyway, I can do list style for this. Like where I can make a list of people and who they are cosplaying..I'll start with myself and add more as others' join in. I will also edit this post with any info you all want, as in location, time and day for starters, but also  dances you all want to do at con.
My cosplay will be Meikaito. For those that don't know, that's Meiko and Akaito (could also be done as Meiko and Keito, but I have an Akaito version coat, so..)
For reference since my cosplay could be a mass amount of outfit mixes, this is a basic idea of it. I am still not finished obviously but yea:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3361754/

List:
Meikaito - Sailor-Jeimi (me)
Len Kagamine - Otaku_24 (maybe)
Dell Honne - Otaku_24 (maybe)
Kaito - Gregatlus (maybe)
Luka - Pumpkinziggy
Luka - You-friend-Sushi
Luka - dagsmajags123
Gakupo - Pimpkinziggy's Friend
Gakupo - zenneth
Calne Ca - CyberIncision

Can you please change Dell and Len from "Maybe" to "For Sure"? I've decided to do them both, on day one.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 10:19:00 pm »
Will do! Glad to see you decided for sure to do them.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2013, 12:11:01 pm »
Hey guys, last time I was in Portland/Vancouver area I stopped by Harbor Freight Tools and noticed they had bull horns for really cheap (somewhere around $5 if I remember correctly). This would be a great option if you wanted to paint one up for a love is war cosplay or anything else along those lines.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline ouruknak

• Cabbit
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 01:45:49 am »
I am going to be CUL this year :3
Don't poke the bear :3

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2013, 11:26:57 pm »
Anyone wanna take over this shoot? I won't be able to attend. I actually can't fit Meikaito into my schedule. My group is doing stuff and this isn't one of them. Whoever wants to take over I can edit any info you want into the first post.

Offline You-friend-Sushi

• Cabbit
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 02:23:45 pm »
Anyone wanna take over this shoot? I won't be able to attend. I actually can't fit Meikaito into my schedule. My group is doing stuff and this isn't one of them. Whoever wants to take over I can edit any info you want into the first post.
What would that entail?

Offline QSAlois

• Cabbit
    • Youtube
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2013, 04:44:21 pm »
Im going to try to go as Gumi if I can get a new wig~

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2013, 06:10:21 pm »
What would that entail?
Running it..like, usually the main person that says like, "let's get all the Mikus up there" or _"3, 2, 1, change poses" just directing things.

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2013, 12:19:45 pm »
I may be able to help run the photoshoot. I did so at a smaller Vocaloid photoshoot last year and it was fine, though a bit overwhelming because it was my first time. xD

After thinking for a while, I decided I'm going to wear my normal Luka costume to the photoshoot, since because I need fewer layers, it's much cooler than the red kimono one, and easier to dance in it.

Also, should we start organizing a time? I know it's early, so it's okay if nobody knows yet. I don't have any particular schedule for my costumes right now, really (Aside from wearing Magnet Luka at the Anime x Vocaloid cosplay on the night of Day 0), but does anyone else have a preference?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 12:28:36 pm by Pumpkinziggy »
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;

Offline YUme

• Sailor Scout
    • dA
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 03:13:10 am »
I'll be Gumi from "eat me" LOL on day 0 or 3 maybe both  but yeah;;
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 03:15:03 am by YUme »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 10:23:46 pm »
I may be able to help run the photoshoot. I did so at a smaller Vocaloid photoshoot last year and it was fine, though a bit overwhelming because it was my first time. xD

After thinking for a while, I decided I'm going to wear my normal Luka costume to the photoshoot, since because I need fewer layers, it's much cooler than the red kimono one, and easier to dance in it.

Also, should we start organizing a time? I know it's early, so it's okay if nobody knows yet. I don't have any particular schedule for my costumes right now, really (Aside from wearing Magnet Luka at the Anime x Vocaloid cosplay on the night of Day 0), but does anyone else have a preference?

Do you want to take over this shoot for me then? I can put up in the first post that you will be taking over if you like.

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 08:30:44 pm »

Do you want to take over this shoot for me then? I can put up in the first post that you will be taking over if you like.

I think I can manage that! I've also watched photoshoots at Sakura-Con 2013, so I'm confident that I know how they work.

Last year, Vocaloid cosplayers met up near the clock tower (on the corner away from the street, if anyone remembers where the kittens were at the Black Butler photoshoot last year) and then moved to the grass and one side of the gazebo (on the right if you're facing away from the clock tower and toward Subway) and that seemed to work well. I'm not as familiar with Kumoricon as I am with Sakura-Con, so I'm open to suggestions in terms of where we should meet up/have the photoshoot.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2013, 09:20:18 pm »

I think I can manage that! I've also watched photoshoots at Sakura-Con 2013, so I'm confident that I know how they work.

Last year, Vocaloid cosplayers met up near the clock tower (on the corner away from the street, if anyone remembers where the kittens were at the Black Butler photoshoot last year) and then moved to the grass and one side of the gazebo (on the right if you're facing away from the clock tower and toward Subway) and that seemed to work well. I'm not as familiar with Kumoricon as I am with Sakura-Con, so I'm open to suggestions in terms of where we should meet up/have the photoshoot.

Mmk awesome I will pass duties off to you then **Hand you the golden septar** lol

Once you guys all agree on a time and place, I will put it in the first post for ya. I'll keep a good watch on this thread to edit it as fast as I can.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2013, 02:12:48 pm »
My friends and I are doing a Vocaloid 3 group this year.  We have:
IA - Kori123
SeeU - Chibi Bree
Yuzuki Yukari - Karu
CUL - Cora
Aoki - Tena

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2013, 04:36:08 pm »
Eeee, a SeeU! She's so cute. I'm working on her, but she won't be ready until Sakuracon. Hopefully I see your group so I can get pictures!

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2013, 05:28:11 pm »
Eeee, a SeeU! She's so cute. I'm working on her, but she won't be ready until Sakuracon. Hopefully I see your group so I can get pictures!

Bree is really excited to be her.  Chances are she'll be her most of the con so I'm sure you'll at least be able to get pics XD

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2013, 06:28:08 pm »
Are there any suggestions for areas we could meet other than by the clock tower? I was thinking that another option would be meeting on the steps of the gazebo; I did that for a photoshoot last year and it worked well because it was easy to see everyone who was there and who might be approaching to be part of it.

Also, I know some Vocaloid costumes like Kaito's (with the jacket) can get hot really quickly, so perhaps we should have the photoshoot a bit earlier in the day when it's slightly cooler, like 10 AM or something? Last year I remember we had a Kaito with his jacket on who wanted to dance even when it was hot out, and it got warm really quickly. xD

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2013, 08:49:54 pm »
Are there any suggestions for areas we could meet other than by the clock tower? I was thinking that another option would be meeting on the steps of the gazebo; I did that for a photoshoot last year and it worked well because it was easy to see everyone who was there and who might be approaching to be part of it.

Also, I know some Vocaloid costumes like Kaito's (with the jacket) can get hot really quickly, so perhaps we should have the photoshoot a bit earlier in the day when it's slightly cooler, like 10 AM or something? Last year I remember we had a Kaito with his jacket on who wanted to dance even when it was hot out, and it got warm really quickly. xD

Can we have the photo shoot on day one? *puppy dog eyes*
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2013, 10:04:01 pm »
If I end up going to Kumoricon I will be Kaito still. I might be making a Sandplay Kaito this year too if I get the time.

The main issue for me is that the places I was hoping to stay at aren't available to me this year and I probably won't be able to afford a hotel room. :(
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2013, 03:47:39 pm »

Sure! I think the karaoke contest is generally on day one, though, and I'm going to be entering that. So if it's on day one, it will definitely have to be earlier in the day, preferably before lunch time, if I'm going to run the photoshoot.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2013, 05:47:42 pm »

Sure! I think the karaoke contest is generally on day one, though, and I'm going to be entering that. So if it's on day one, it will definitely have to be earlier in the day, preferably before lunch time, if I'm going to run the photoshoot.

DAY ONE - A VOCALOID'S BIRTHDAY

Day One of Kumoricon (as you may know) is August 31st. This is also Miku (and Mikuo) Hatsune's birthday. So my question is, what should we do to celebrate their birthday? My proposal involves gathering as many Vocaloid Cosplayers as we can before meeting in the karaoke room after opening ceremonies and singing "Happy Birthday". What do you think of this idea?
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2013, 10:43:41 am »
Leek cake? :3
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2013, 06:50:35 pm »
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2013, 08:34:13 pm »
I totally want a day one photoshoot around ten or something. I'm going as Miku from Secret Black Vow....And dayum does that dress get hot!

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2013, 11:40:37 am »
I was thinking that 9 or 10 AM would be a good time for a photoshoot (perhaps 10?), as Citael suggested. And perhaps that birthday thing would be a good idea. (I never pay attention to Miku, so I didn't notice. xD) My only concern about that is that the karaoke room is relatively small, so the photoshoot probably wouldn't all be able to meet in there. We'd either have to meet outside, then move inside and see how many people we could fit, or make the birthday song a separate thing. It would probably be impractical to meet inside, since there are people using the hotel hallways and it could block them (though there might be a large enough meeting area that I just missed last time). But I guess it all depends on how many people are attending the photoshoot: upwards of 20 people have posted as attending on this topic, and though I've never been to a photoshoot where everyone showed up, this still has the potential to be a pretty big group.

Suggestions are welcome. XD My only idea at this point is to make the birthday group a separate thing before the photoshoot with only a few people singing at karaoke (if they allow us) and then everyone meeting for the photoshoot in the park afterward.

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2013, 03:32:55 pm »
I was thinking that 9 or 10 AM would be a good time for a photoshoot (perhaps 10?), as Citael suggested. And perhaps that birthday thing would be a good idea. (I never pay attention to Miku, so I didn't notice. xD) My only concern about that is that the karaoke room is relatively small, so the photoshoot probably wouldn't all be able to meet in there. We'd either have to meet outside, then move inside and see how many people we could fit, or make the birthday song a separate thing. It would probably be impractical to meet inside, since there are people using the hotel hallways and it could block them (though there might be a large enough meeting area that I just missed last time). But I guess it all depends on how many people are attending the photoshoot: upwards of 20 people have posted as attending on this topic, and though I've never been to a photoshoot where everyone showed up, this still has the potential to be a pretty big group.

Suggestions are welcome. XD My only idea at this point is to make the birthday group a separate thing before the photoshoot with only a few people singing at karaoke (if they allow us) and then everyone meeting for the photoshoot in the park afterward.

Ten sounds good to me! Although a bit more input from others is definitely suggested, just so we can see that everybody is available. I think the birthday thing and the photo shoot should be separate...Definitely. A photo shoot is not suggested, mostly because the Vocaloid group tends to be large. If it is as large as it was last year...Yeah. Definite no xD A few people should only sing karaoke, as you've suggested, considering that too many people would clog up the karaoke room and too many people singing would get hella loud and may disturb others...Or maybe not :o I dunno how many people would be allowed to sing in karaoke....So yeah. I basically agree with youuu~

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2013, 03:59:14 pm »
The karaoke room has two microphones, so I think the most people we could have singing is two or three people per microphone.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2013, 03:10:14 am »
With that many people we wouldn't need microphones :P
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2013, 06:52:17 pm »
With that many people we wouldn't need microphones :P

You have a point. :D

So, where are we going to meet, for the photo shoot, itself?
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2013, 09:11:10 pm »
I was thinking for the photoshoot itself, we could either meet behind the clock tower (which worked well for the Vocaloid photoshoot last year) or on the steps to the gazebo (which worked really well for another photoshoot I went to because you could see who was coming and who was there). I'm not as familiar with photoshoots at Kumoricon, though, so I'm open to suggestions for other places as well.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2013, 10:09:16 pm »
I was thinking for the photoshoot itself, we could either meet behind the clock tower (which worked well for the Vocaloid photoshoot last year) or on the steps to the gazebo (which worked really well for another photoshoot I went to because you could see who was coming and who was there). I'm not as familiar with photoshoots at Kumoricon, though, so I'm open to suggestions for other places as well.

I think the gazebo is a good place to meet.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2013, 10:49:18 am »
Being Calne ca/Bacterial Contamination Miku.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 10:51:40 am by RozenMaiden_Girl »
Lolita and "lolita cosplay" are not the same thing, and ever will be. Period.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2013, 07:16:22 pm »

What: Vocaloid Photo Shoot
When: 10:00am, on day one
Where: Esther Short Park, at the gazebo

If I've got the details right, can I submit this to the official photo shoot thread?

https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=17576.0

PLEASE RESPOND!!!
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2013, 09:28:50 pm »
Can we NOT have it before 12 on day one? Because thats an hour before the con opening ceramony. And for the past thwo years its all ways been that time, and I all ways end up missing the vocaloid shoot. I vote for 1, 3, or 6 in the after noon.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2013, 11:02:34 pm »
Can we NOT have it before 12 on day one? Because thats an hour before the con opening ceramony. And for the past thwo years its all ways been that time, and I all ways end up missing the vocaloid shoot. I vote for 1, 3, or 6 in the after noon.

What about 11:00am? If the photo shoot happens in the afternoon, Vocaloid cosplayers (including myself) will likely having scheduling conflicts and overheating issues.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2013, 11:24:58 pm »
I have a panel I will be running

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2013, 12:19:11 am »
Overheating issues? O.o I don't think it's that bad. Maybe I'm just weird (okay, that's not really a maybe.) but As Kaito I usually wear a coat and a scarf without too much difficulty as long as I manage when and how I wear the cosplay.

That and the two years ago when I carried around a pale of ice cream. ^_^
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 01:58:19 am by GregAtlas »
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline You-friend-Sushi

• Cabbit
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2013, 12:57:56 am »
I think it would be better to have the shoot later in the day since there are panels that some can't miss and with hopes of it being a little bit cooler if the day presents it's self to be warm, for those of us who have heavier costumes. Maybe sometime between 3-6?

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2013, 07:09:54 am »
What about 9:00am? I overheat VERY easily and when that happens I get REALLY bitchy.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:10:39 am by Otaku_24 »
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2013, 09:42:43 am »
No one wants to have it early. Rember this isnt all about you.
At 6 it starts to cool down.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2013, 10:39:16 am »
Could we possibly do the photo shoot after 6:00pm? Pumpkinziggy (whose running the photo shoot) is going to be in the karaoke contest. Also, I REALLY want to see the karaoke contest.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2013, 11:39:01 am »
(I have a personal shoot at 7) But I am down with it being after 6 if every one else is.

Offline wildlavender

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantART account! :D
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2013, 01:10:54 pm »
6 sounds good!  Around 10-11 am is usually around the same time as the auditions for the karaoke contest, and I didn't want to miss anything by rushing back and forth between them.
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplays:
Matryoshka! Gumi (Vocaloid): (100%)
Tiger (Monster Rancher 4): (90%)
Nuregami (Okami): (100%)
Kululu (Sgt. Frog): (95%)

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2013, 01:36:02 pm »
Just as long as we have plenty of light for pictures and doesn't interfere with the slightly anime dating game, or isn't super early in the morning where I can't wake up in time I'll be happy. I do wish we knew the schedule by now though so we could plan this a little easier...
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2013, 03:27:50 pm »
Good lord xD I really hope it cools down around six, then. I'm going to be wearing a huge, black dress....And that's mainly why I was also hoping for it to be a bit earlier ^^;  Hopefully it will cool down by that time, then.

Offline You-friend-Sushi

• Cabbit
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2013, 04:05:24 pm »
^With it being later, those of us who are wearing warm cosplays could have had a chance to cool off or something. I'll being wearing a big black and purple dress with a heavy wig so I know where you are coming from XD

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2013, 08:22:39 pm »
OOOOoooohhh, you're doing sandplay -did that last year-.....high five for big dresses and heavy wigs 8'D wecanjustdietogetherfromtheheat -high fives-

Offline You-friend-Sushi

• Cabbit
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2013, 08:53:43 pm »
ouo -allthehighfives- Yay!

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2013, 12:53:57 pm »
Hi everyone! Sorry, I've been really lurky as usual until now, ehehe. But I'm the Gakupo who's going with Pumpkinziggy! ^o^ I've secretly been reading this entire thread and keeping up with it even though I haven't said anything, because Ziggy looks like she's doing a good job of organizing it.

I asked her and she said 6:00 PM would be fine. It should be a good time for us because we will have free time in the evening, and apparently this time would be after the karaoke contest, which is ideal for us as well.

I'll let her know that she can submit it to the official photoshoot thread and we will be ready to go! Can't wait to see everybody there. C:
Hmm.. gonna have to find out when I can next go to Kumoricon. Might not be until 2019.

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2013, 01:27:45 pm »
All right, it seems like we've agreed on 6 PM or around there, so I went ahead and signed us up for that. ^^ I'm not familiar with Kumoricon, but at Sakura-Con, the karaoke auditions were in the evening on the first and second days, so I was worried at first. But it sounds like the auditions are earlier at Kumoricon, so we should be good.

Which cosplay I wear will most likely depend on the temperature. If it's not extremely hot, I'll most likely attend in my Luka's-red-kimono costume, since it's comfortable and fun. Though I do have a normal Luka cosplay as a backup, which doesn't get hot as fast.

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2013, 06:19:01 am »
At Kumoricon, the karaoke auditions are in the morning/early afternoon on Day 1, then the contest is later that evening.

Having the photoshoot near the contest works great for me, since I'll only be wearing LiW Miku for the contest, if I make it in, that is.

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2013, 02:35:21 pm »
Oh, is that how it works? Now I vaguely remember from last year. I was thinking of wearing my Ritsu cosplay for the auditions and the (possible) contest, though if the contest itself is in the early afternoon as you said, I will probably still have time to change depending on how long the contest lasts.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2013, 03:52:03 pm »
I  have already said this but I'll be sandplay gakupo and hopefully I get to  finish my boot covers  on time.

I have been resistant to heat when  it comes to cosplay but it's somewhat easy to  avoid heatstroke or  overheating  yourself.
 don't make unnecessary movements that  generates  body heat
sit  every now and then  on a shaded area
 drink water
 basically,  the basic stuff XD
cosplays done so far: kakuzu, gintoki, danboard, K Dash, assassin cross, loki of the emblem assassins, gilbert nightray, sebastian, black rock shooter kaito

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2013, 07:15:41 pm »
Oh, is that how it works? Now I vaguely remember from last year. I was thinking of wearing my Ritsu cosplay for the auditions and the (possible) contest, though if the contest itself is in the early afternoon as you said, I will probably still have time to change depending on how long the contest lasts.

The karaoke contest is in the evening on Saturday, to clarify, usually starting at 6 (though that could always vary). It lasts between an hour and 90 minutes, depending on number of entries.

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2013, 12:46:10 pm »
6pm sounds good to me. :)
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline wildlavender

• Cabbit
    • My DeviantART account! :D
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2013, 02:20:19 pm »
The karaoke contest starts at 7 pm, so anyone going to watch our compete should be okay.
Kumoricon 2014 Cosplays:
Matryoshka! Gumi (Vocaloid): (100%)
Tiger (Monster Rancher 4): (90%)
Nuregami (Okami): (100%)
Kululu (Sgt. Frog): (95%)

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2013, 08:54:21 pm »
Hi guys! Just wanted to give a quick update. MadMoai and I are going to bring something small to the photo shoot to celebrate Miku's birthday. Not much to be excited about, but it was a fun little idea. ^^

Most likely I am going to wear the normal Luka costume, and Moai will wear normal Gakupo. We're excited to take pictures and maybe do some Vocaloid dances!

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2013, 09:23:02 pm »
Hi guys! Just wanted to give a quick update. MadMoai and I are going to bring something small to the photo shoot to celebrate Miku's birthday. Not much to be excited about, but it was a fun little idea. ^^

Most likely I am going to wear the normal Luka costume, and Moai will wear normal Gakupo. We're excited to take pictures and maybe do some Vocaloid dances!

Is this going to be part of the main Vocaloid Photo Shoot?
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2013, 06:10:09 am »

Is this going to be part of the main Vocaloid Photo Shoot?

Yes. That's why I said we were going to bring it to the photo shoot. ^^ It's nothing big to get really excited about, just something little that we thought would be fun.

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2013, 09:34:46 am »
 somehow I was expecting more people to show up  in the shoot

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2013, 11:01:47 am »
there usually are more vocaloids, I think ouo it was kind of surprising. Still...Lots of fun! ^^

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2013, 02:10:48 pm »
somehow I was expecting more people to show up  in the shoot
Agreed. Then again, the entire con seemed really strange compared to normal. At least to me anyways.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2013, 05:40:38 pm »
Agreed. Then again, the entire con seemed really strange compared to normal. At least to me anyways.

:O oooohhhhh, what do you mean by 'strange'? you got me all curious now xD

Offline RozenMaiden_Girl

• Bunnygirl
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2013, 09:39:51 pm »
I am so sorry I didn't show up guys! My mask started to dig into my face and I wasn't gonna wear it. ;w;

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2013, 11:33:37 pm »

:O oooohhhhh, what do you mean by 'strange'? you got me all curious now xD
like the panels were mostly unsatisfactory looking to me, only one slightly anime dating game, the atmosphere and treatment of fellow con-goers being completely different than what I normally see, and seemingly a decrease of interesting cosplays I got to see (though I did see quite a few still, it was nothing compared to the past two years I've come). Oh, and also having time to actually play games in the game room. Oh, and I saw quite a few less bums this year, though I view that as a good thing. XD

Edit for elaboration on treatment: I think this was the first year where I felt like I was being treated like crap because my cosplay wasn't good enough or recognizable enough even giving weird or dirty looks for trying to hop in the photoshoot as if I were just some random person that shouldn't be there. Where in past years, even if you made even a little effort people would still give hugs. Kaito was the exception, but this happened with both of my other cosplays.

I am so sorry I didn't show up guys! My mask started to dig into my face and I wasn't gonna wear it. ;w;
Your mask was eating your face? Oh no! >.<
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 11:43:30 pm by GregAtlas »
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2013, 04:48:07 pm »
That's okay -- we wouldn't want you to wear a cosplay that was that uncomfortable. I'm rather new to Kumoricon, but I liked our turnout and I personally thought the whole convention was particularly fun. ^^ Thanks to everyone for putting up with me and my schedule changes and scatter-brained-ness, and for attending and helping to make it a great photo shoot.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2013, 04:52:35 pm »
I feel like I was an EPIC FAILURE at the photo shoot. *sits in a corner crying and smashing my head against a wall*
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2013, 05:58:16 am »
I feel like I was an EPIC FAILURE at the photo shoot. *sits in a corner crying and smashing my head against a wall*
I know I was an epic failure. I completely derped and forgot to take pictures or have someone take pictures with my camera. x_x
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline You-friend-Sushi

• Cabbit
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2013, 04:11:01 pm »
I have quite a few photos from the shoot. Feel free to tag away and if you want me to send something to you, just ask c:

facebook: Kuro Nyu
my pic is of a shiny ninetales nomming on a plushie onigiri
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:06:28 am by You-friend-Sushi »

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2013, 11:20:41 pm »
I've got my photos up from the shoot, in my K-con album here.

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2013, 11:09:11 am »
I'm completely surprised that I actually look good in the majority of the pictures taken :'D this rarely happens oh gosh

and yaaaaaayyyyy Tomecko, you have pictures of me as Hatsune Miku from Secret Black Vow ;A; I've been having some trouble finding pictures of myself but you have like...four 8D

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2013, 01:25:13 pm »
our sandplay group was awesome tho  XD

Offline Tomecko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2013, 06:36:22 pm »
Citael - Awww yay! You were so pretty!

Zenneth - Your Sandplay Gakupo was pretty epic, I loved your train.

|DeviantArt|Cosplay.com|
My Etsy shop:

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2013, 10:34:24 pm »
Zenneth - O god xD Yes, yes it was. The nostril flares. ALL the nostril flares. All the shipping that i pretended not to understand

Tomecko - adjknldkfj thank you ;-; -hugs- but I'm really glad that pictures were taken and stuff xD that dress was going to be the death of me. i still love it tho

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2013, 10:31:32 pm »
shhh, you can't see mee~ **peek**

Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline zenneth

• Catgirl
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2013, 12:44:50 am »
Zenneth - O god xD Yes, yes it was. The nostril flares. ALL the nostril flares. All the shipping that i pretended not to understand

Tomecko - adjknldkfj thank you ;-; -hugs- but I'm really glad that pictures were taken and stuff xD that dress was going to be the death of me. i still love it tho

and all them marriages!!!!!
also i think i has a pic of you in my fb account =w=

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2013, 03:22:12 pm »
[size=78%]and all them marriages!!!!![/size]
also i think i has a pic of you in my fb account =w=

I married so many vocaloids that day. It was great. Except Len. He doesn't deserve my hot kaito kaito love.
Seriously?! : o akjdnklanfjal i wants ;-;
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:23:22 pm by Citael »