Author Topic: Square Enix 2013  (Read 78836 times)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Square Enix 2013
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2013, 11:40:32 pm »

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3391924/Just an update. Almost finished with the jacket. It's all I have for now. I don't have the money for the rest yet, but I can totally finish the Jacket other then the black bias tape I will need along where the zippers go, and on the sleeves, but I'm not bias taping the sleeve until I can put the crown designs on.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 11:42:12 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2013, 12:28:30 am »
cool! :D hope it gets finished soon! ^_^

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2013, 12:44:37 pm »
Liquid stitch holds pretty well :3 I like to use it when I can, but I also try to sew at least the edges of bias tape so it holds. I'm actually looking at Neku's stripes, that only have 1 sew-line holding the bias tape down and I'm debatting either sewing a wide zigzag so it's flatter, or gluing the sides down.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2013, 01:07:33 pm »
Luv, It will. I'm almost done already. Out of the stuff in that pic, I only have the Hood to sew on. As you can see it's pinned on right now, so I'm gonna finish that today. That's all I can do for now. I have to wait until I get black Bias tape for where the zippers are before I can add the white hem to the bottom, then I still have to add the crowns (which I can do with a sharpie on the sleeves) before hemming the sleeves. Then last will be the white bias tape where it will look like there are pockets. Since this isn't lined, I can;t add real pockets because they will be hella noticable lol

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2013, 05:17:53 pm »
ah okay that makes sense >.< I was wondering why you were using the tape lol

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2013, 08:20:29 pm »
Because that's what it's FOR....

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2013, 10:42:05 pm »
no i thought you were using regular tape (i just skim read btw lol) so I saw "tape" and was like "oh okay! so they are quickly just putting it together, or using it as an accessory or something" cuz I have had a friend make a costume completely out of tape ._.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2013, 11:15:26 pm »
LOL That was great..Just so you know hahahaha

Anyway, no BIAS tape ^_^ My friend may have extra black, and if she has enough for it, she's giving it to me. It'll only really be for the jacket though since he has grey/white, bias tape for the rest. Anyway, I painted part of my keyblade..So I'm that much closer to done lol I painted the hand guard only so far though.

Also, speaking of tape, Did you go to Sakuracon2012? There was a Squall cosplayer that made it out if duct tape. He made the jacket, pants and wig all with duct tape. He make it look like the game version were there are a lot of edges so it's a little pixel looking. Koolest thing ever haha

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2013, 01:08:49 am »
lolol that was the one I saw at sakuracon 12 XD I just kept starring at him .-. I couldn't deny how awesome that was haha

my friend made did the designs/embroidery on Zell Dincht's jacket with duct tape XD that's what I was thinking you were doing x.x something like that lol

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2013, 04:22:17 pm »
Yea, he was freaking awesome lol I totally wanted to do something like that for Cloud, but then I was like, Nope lol

Oh, no, I would never do that. That is just terrible. Nothing looks worse then duct taping the parts of your cosplay (unless it's something that character actually USED tape for), because it makes it look like you didn't even care what it looked like and like you didn't want something nice looking at all

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2013, 01:29:22 am »
lol well it actually looked quite good XD he has a picture of it posted up on facebook. But yeah, he said this was one of his older cosplays XD so I wouldn't blame him for stashing it away and not posting it till now haha but it looked better than a lot of other "scrap" cosplays I've seen.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2013, 10:23:18 pm »
Really? Well, that's good them. Plus, Zells jacket design isn't like a super thick thing either..It's pretty thin so it's less able to be bad when done that way.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2013, 11:35:48 am »
Have we all decided on a day yet? I have another shoot I started a thread on that I don't want to conflict with the day of this and kh. Maybe we can mosey on over to the kh thread and see about making that and this the same day. Then I can plan the other shoot accordingly.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2013, 08:16:52 pm »
Well it all depends on whether or not the Squeenix panel gets approved or not >.< and if and when it does, I will be putting the shoot right after it.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2013, 09:33:20 pm »
Mmk. I'll wait till you find out before I post a day for my other one. Also, luv, just so you know, me and my other 3 roomies are a for sure for the pool thing.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2013, 04:15:01 pm »
okay cool! thanks :D

and sweet! ^_^ it's also my bday party just sayin :P XD

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2013, 10:47:40 pm »
NO WAY!! Then I will have to get you a gift ^_^ I know some of the stuff you like already (based on cosplays) so I think I know what to get

EDIT:
Oh also, Luv, has anyone said anything about when you're suppose to be told about the pannel? Like "early june" or "so and so day" or "A month before"? Or something like that?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 04:49:38 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2013, 07:58:35 pm »
Panel submissions end around June 20th, so the supposed time when we're made aware of panels being confirmed or denied should be given before the end of July, I'd imagine.
Kumori'15

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2013, 10:11:30 pm »
Oh thanks for that info. That's exactly what I was asking. That's more then plenty of time.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2013, 07:18:12 pm »
awww >///< you don't have to get me a present lol but thanks :D well my favorite thing is kh *aqua cough* and I also love fluffy things XD *cough alpaca cough* XD

and yeah the panel submissions will end soon, so hopefully we'll get an answer soon as well >.<

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2013, 08:54:23 pm »
I will be sure to get you something you like ^_^

Yea I will just wait until you find out

Offline Kitten Face

• Sailor Scout
    • Wishing Star Cosplay
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2013, 01:36:31 pm »
I am so excited to see everyone's awesome cosplays! :3
Only two months!, I am getting new boots for Rinoa, and going to add on the metal square looking pieces c:
Also, need to get over my fear and get brown contacts for my eyes x_x
But, excited for my first Kumori-con!
Been to Sakura-con though for the past two years as Rinoa so excited to experience Kumori-con for the first time c:

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2013, 12:56:11 am »
Contacts are a pain! I've tried them multiple times, and eventually once they're in, they just aren't comfortable. Thankfully my all-knowing-contacts buddy told me that was because I was trying to use circle lenses, which are larger then others and that's probably why it wasn't sitting on my eye right and feeling uncomfortable more then it should. At the very least, I can get them out lol :)

I'm glad to hear you're bringing Rinoa ^^ She's always one of my favorite of Square's girls for some reason.

I got most of the work done for Neku's headphones. It's basically just needing assembly and putting the cusion things in so my head'll be my comfy. I'm debating putting in actual ear bugs into them so they can function as headphones, but I think I'll be more comfortable just wearing the bugs in my ears directly.
Kumori'15

Offline Kitten Face

• Sailor Scout
    • Wishing Star Cosplay
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2013, 12:21:28 am »
I am just really afraid of things within my eyes or near them, I am really weird about it and like afraid it will go in the back of my eye or some weird thing xD, and thanks! She is my favorite I am actually going to do Ballgown Rinoa for the ball as well :P

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2013, 01:39:32 am »
I'm so afraid of things going in my eyes that my strong reflexes + long lashes means it takes another person to get them in me, and it takes about 20-40 minutes to get one in. *groans* It's not the most fun experience ever.

Cool! ^^ I look forward to seeing it.
Kumori'15

Offline Wrath-Chan19

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2013, 11:52:00 am »
I'll just post this here since I can't seem to find the old Final Fantasy Thread. I'm being Cid Highwind from the 7th game. Either in game Cid or Advent Children Cid. I'm not sure yet
I rarely get on here anymore, if you want to chat hit me up on Cosplay.com. I my username is Loveable-Eve

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2013, 05:08:04 am »
I'm so afraid of things going in my eyes that my strong reflexes + long lashes means it takes another person to get them in me, and it takes about 20-40 minutes to get one in. *groans* It's not the most fun experience ever.

Insert Lucky Star eye drop scene :P
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2013, 02:56:38 pm »

Insert Lucky Star eye drop scene :P
And make the song on a loop for an hour  ::)

Anyway, does this mean that the FF shoots will be organized in this thread?
Kumori'15

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #128 on: June 24, 2013, 04:07:06 pm »
woot! more people! :) sorry I haven't been posting. school, AC: New Leaf, and camping got me busy XD

hope everyone's costumes are coming along! :3

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #129 on: June 24, 2013, 10:20:50 pm »
To those asking about the FF thread:
https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=17554.0
I was the one that started it, but I'm no longer wearing a FF cosplay this con, and said someone else can take over.

And Doe, correct me if I'm wrong, but since this is the Square thread, I'm sure FF talk on here is just fine. But this isn't the place to talk about the separate FF shoot that would take place as this will be for everything Square related, where FF is only FF..

Anyway, I got my Sora cosplay almost done. And my Kairi commissioner SAYS she started, but she was suppose to be worki9ng on Azuraschampions commission first, and he told me she wasn;t done, so I have NO idea what she's doing..So, NO clue if I'll even get it in time or not..

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2013, 10:47:09 pm »
Well if she says she started it, she probably did. I was just guessing that she going to do one at a time.
Oh, and i just ordered namine's dress a few hours ago, and my sandals should be here by wednesday.
DA:http://azuraschampion.deviantart.com/
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014, days may change
Day 0: Tifa Lockhart
Day 1: Ruby Rose
Day 2: Mother's Rosario Kirito/ Erza Scarlet
Day 3: Kuroyukihime/ Tifa Lockhart/ Secret cosplay
Day 4: Erza Scarlet

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2013, 10:49:54 pm »
Well if she says she started it, she probably did. I was just guessing that she going to do one at a time.
Oh, and i just ordered namine's dress a few hours ago, and my sandals should be here by wednesday.

WEll I hope you're right lol
And awesome. Too bad that one didn;t work out for ya. You should sell it..

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #132 on: June 24, 2013, 10:56:20 pm »
well i bought it for $12 so its almost not worth selling. Besides, my mom wants to see if it'll fit my sister.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2013, 08:08:56 pm »
o.O I didn't start talking about the ff shoot .-. you can mention it sure, but not talk about it .-.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2013, 09:12:57 pm »
Hey Doe, I know you are doing the KH panel and was waiting until the they told you what day you were having that approved for..Did you ever find out? They already put a time for the KH shoot on day 1 but I never saw anyone ask for it on that day..The only one was day2 but they didn't even put that in there..I figured there were gonna maybe be 2 KH shoots like you always do, but I need to schedule the Madoka Magica shoot on the day that the panel ISN'T on.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2013, 07:25:54 pm »
yeah I'm not really talking with the KH photoshoot group cuz well they aren't affiliated with our panel this year, and I don't really care for them to be honest. I'm usually the one running it so that's why I have the Squeenix Photoshoot, since our panel is going to talk about FF 14 and other square games this year, along with KH 3, and I thought it would be better if I made a photoshoot specifically for our panel.

I'm only going to the KH shoot IF it doesn't interfere with my stuff, so you can do whatever you like :)

And sadly the panel people haven't messaged me at all of ANY of my panels yet sooo not sure :/ the email was "supposed" to be sent at the end of the week but maybe next week. They have been busy I suppose.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2013, 09:24:18 pm »
I figured it wasn't you on that shoot but u mean the stuff you're running in general. If you do all you're square stuff one day, I can hold the Madoka one on another day

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2013, 10:56:57 pm »
so I just got approval of the KH panel :) I will be hosting the squeenix photoshoot day 1 after the panel.

How does 4pm at the clocktower sound?

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2013, 11:23:44 pm »
Sweet deal. I'll schedule madoka on day 2. I hope I can so this shoot though..I can't seem to get my sora done..and I can't afford Kairi like shoes

Offline PaperRoxas

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • My Cosplay deviantART Account
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2013, 12:52:26 am »

I'm going to try and sound as nice as possible when I say this, but this:
yeah I'm not really talking with the KH photoshoot group cuz well they aren't affiliated with our panel this year, and I don't really care for them to be honest. I'm usually the one running it so that's why I have the Squeenix Photoshoot, since our panel is going to talk about FF 14 and other square games this year, along with KH 3, and I thought it would be better if I made a photoshoot specifically for our panel.
Just sounds flat out rude, in my opinion. Sure, we may all have those people at con we don't like or get along with, but that shouldn't be posted publicly, especially where they frequent to organize their con plans.

Also, to me, it sounds like that the Squeenix Photoshoot is for your group only, since you aren't "affiliated" with the Kingdom Hearts shoot, to put it in your words.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:53:11 am by PaperRoxas »

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2013, 02:27:54 am »
I didn't mean to make it sound rude :/ I just am blunt when I talk about stuff -.-" And I don't care for the KH photoshoot because I rarely have time to go to other people's shoots, and I rarely go to other people's shoots either way, but if I had time I was going to attend the KH shoots. I even stated that over in their post.

Also the only real reason why I ever took over the KH shoots in the first place, was because I was in charge of the panels, and wanted to be able to coordinate them with the panel. Since this year I have no control over that, and since our theme for the panel is Square, I though why not make it into a photoshoot so that ALL square games can get a shine, because to be honest the only games we have shoots for are KH and FF.

@sailor-jeimi: I had Kairi shoes but sold them, and I do have some size 8.5 high top purple shoes with butterflies and flowers on them. I used them as kairi kh2 version when I sold my other ones, since these were regular shoes and were comfy.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2013, 04:33:14 pm »
Oh well, Hopefully I can sell some of my dang cosplay stuff that I'm not using so I can buy the stuff I need for the one's I'm doing NOW..Kinda sucks that I have been trying to sell my Squall cosplay for over a year now..And NO ONE seems to want it..

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2013, 06:26:21 pm »
yeah actually I have been trying to sell my Terra keyblade for over 2 years now, and I was holding it for a friend but I really REALLY need the money (room money for kcon) and she hasn't replied in months... so I'm kind of worried about that. Same with my Aqua costume, I was going to sell my old one, but it seems like not very many people are the same size as me lol I'm also trying to sell, my Haruhi Suzumiya RPG outfit (but I kind of want to keep it so I can wear it once I reach my weight goal >3>).

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #143 on: July 17, 2013, 07:42:06 pm »
Yea almost the same thing with my Kirito sword..dude paid like $20 on it like 3 months ago and hasn't replied since..

What size is aqua? Probably too small..just thought I'd ask

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2013, 08:26:31 pm »
Yea almost the same thing with my Kirito sword..dude paid like $20 on it like 3 months ago and hasn't replied since..

well at this point, you should tell him your going to put it up for sale again unless he puts down more money for it. Not fair to you to have to put it on infinite hold just cause he put down $20 for it.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #145 on: July 17, 2013, 10:51:52 pm »

well at this point, you should tell him your going to put it up for sale again unless he puts down more money for it. Not fair to you to have to put it on infinite hold just cause he put down $20 for it.

Well, there's a small problem there..I don't have the $20 anymore..He told me I could spend it because I needed it for something..But in turn for that, I had to make sure to hold it for him..I can't go telling him, now, that I am gonna re list it, because I can't give him the refund..lol

EDIT:
Well I emailed him anyway..It shows that the last email I got from him was june 18th. The payment was actually $50 not $20, I went and looked, and it was sent on MAY 13!! Yea..I told him I no longer have the money and can refund him once I DO sell it, or he can pay it off, but I don't think he really deserves to have that money back after stringing me along like this making it so no one else has the chance to have something they may want to be SERIOUS about..>.<
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:03:21 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2013, 07:11:54 am »
gosh I hate that D:< oh well. hopefully your new potential customer is better than this guy .-.

also my aqua is a M-L. I'm an XL atm T__T

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2013, 12:31:14 pm »
I don't have a potential yet..I was saying that I was depriving anyone that may have wanted it if anyone was looking for one.

What measurements?

Offline Kitten Face

• Sailor Scout
    • Wishing Star Cosplay
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2013, 10:02:54 am »
I've been working on my Serah Farron boots, and let me just say I've had a few times of wanting to throw them out the window xD

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2013, 07:48:04 pm »
I believe the measurements are
Bust: 40
Waist: 32
Hips: 42

But that's my OLD measurements. I'll have to re-measure them x.x and I can't find my measuring tape. Not even my back up T__T and i really need it too ;A;

@kitten: oh GOD! I hated my haruhi boots for the RPG outfit I had. They were TERRIBLE and I wanted to chuck them out as well lol (which eventually I did due to mold. stupid oregon)