Author Topic: Fruits Basket 2006 cosplay group! ^^  (Read 28263 times)

Offline tohru_chan

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/sakuyaslilbird
Fruits Basket 2006 cosplay group! ^^
« on: September 22, 2005, 07:01:47 pm »
Hey! Some friends of mine and I are planning a big Fruits Basket group next year. We already have a few people taken and I'd like to atleast get one of each character. I suppose you could still cosplay a character that was already taken with us though I think it would be more fun to just have one of each person.

Tohru = aine
Hatsuharu = ryuichi
Uo = ryuichi's friend
Hana = aya
Machi = anza
Yuki = Joe(?), I don't know if he'll end up going, so this spot is open if anyone wants to FOR SURE 100% take it!

and I know Ryuichi has more friends that want to go but I don't know who they are going as, yet. It would be nice to get some prince yuki fanclub girls for Yuki too. Like..Motoko or Minami. Someone. Anyone xD you don't have to even be one of the characters thats a fanclub girl in the show, you could just wear the clothes and be your own fangirl. Anyway private message me if you for sure wanna join, I have a mailing list thing I send to all the members to keep us updated! ^^ thanks.
In this world of people who deserve to die, there are a lot. But when you kill someone, you have to be prepared to be killed too, because this is what the law of karma says. In the end, the ones who survive are those with the strongest will to live.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 07:43:52 pm »
what if you're not sure?  and just to be sure, you are refering to kumori 06 right?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 07:51:14 pm »
Quote from: "Kurimono"
what if you're not sure?  and just to be sure, you are refering to kumori 06 right?

-turns Kuritans head to the title of the topic-

Offline tohru_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 09:38:52 pm »
Quote from: "Kurimono"

Lol, yes I'm referring to Kumoricon 06. I am sure we are going as all of them but I only want people to join our group if they're sure they're going and won't back out on it. I want them to be for sure that they're going as that character. Sorry xD it's just that the last gravitation group there was put together, only the ryuichi and shuichi ended up going. Out of like 7 people. Everyone backed out but them.
In this world of people who deserve to die, there are a lot. But when you kill someone, you have to be prepared to be killed too, because this is what the law of karma says. In the end, the ones who survive are those with the strongest will to live.

makichan

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 08:08:56 pm »
yeah, well I actually don't have an uo, so that character is still there...... but we have a hiro and possibly an ayame....  :roll: that is if syd gets convinced, so that one might be up for grabs too...... we also might be thinking of doing a skit, as well, but it hasn't been completly decided until we get the characters..... and uh, I don't know what ksan wants in fruits basket..... she's confusing..... but needless to say, we're all nice and happy cosplayers here, so, yeah.

this is ryuchan signing out -____-

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 10:23:05 pm »
if someone helped me with the outfit, i'd be glad to~ XD;

i have Kagura cosplay potential, i think. ...i'll get back to you on that.
[size=9]FOOL! two swords and a hat don't make a samurai!!![/size]
http://htttp://www.shiroikaze.deviantart.com

Offline tohru_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 05:44:36 pm »
Quote from: "oishiidesuyo"
if someone helped me with the outfit, i'd be glad to~ XD;

i have Kagura cosplay potential, i think. ...i'll get back to you on that.

@ oishiidesuyo: You should totally go as our Kagura ^^!

Offline tohru_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 05:46:13 pm »
Quote from: "makichan"
yeah, well I actually don't have an uo, so that character is still there...... but we have a hiro and possibly an ayame....  :roll: that is if syd gets convinced, so that one might be up for grabs too...... we also might be thinking of doing a skit, as well, but it hasn't been completly decided until we get the characters..... and uh, I don't know what ksan wants in fruits basket..... she's confusing..... but needless to say, we're all nice and happy cosplayers here, so, yeah.

@ Ryuiiichi-koi!~
Hi my love! ^^ *tackles* Oooh the Uo doesn't want to go anymore?! ;-; LAME. But I'll add the Hiro to the list and keep Ayame open just incase. Force Shuichi-chan to go ~! Dooo eeeet. We also have a Hatori and a Kyo now too xD we need to do a skit.

makichan

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 07:46:57 pm »
I'm not quite sure that she...... this being uo lady... wants to go as her for sure so it's just up in the air is all...... and I heard that we might have an akito...... maybe (I'll look into it)..... I'll start asking around for characters, so hurry up and claim one if you're interested 'cause they're going fast...... later on we might post the characters still up for grabs......

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 10:06:46 am »
I'll be going to Sakuracon to 2006, and one of my costume happens to be Akito :)

(My cosplays are Dante, Akito, Itachi, and Tseng)
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 02:09:52 pm »
hmm....well I can say once I make up my mind, its rather doubtful that I'll back out.  Plus I dun normally plan that far ahead either(I'm focusing on sakura 06 atm).

Off the top of my head, Yuki or Ayame sound interesting to me for a cosplay.  For now, I'll try follow how your group goes and let you know if I decide on anything.

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 02:34:20 pm »
You should do Ayame!  I had an idea where if I ever cosplayed as him I would get themusic that always plays when he enters, burn it onto a CD and put it in one of those CD Player/Portable Speaker cases and just put it in an inside pocket of your cosplay costume, then do Ayame-ish things.  That'd be awesome!
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 02:41:31 pm »
@heavensclone
ohhh that would sooo funny.  a very tempting idea! ^_^

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 03:52:57 pm »
kurimono ... you MUST be ayame! XD

makichan

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 07:05:55 pm »
That'd be freakin' awesome LOL!!! Oh, and we have a Rin, I repeat, we have a Rin.......

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 08:41:38 pm »
i'm positive i'm going to cosplay Kagura for you guys. :3
(my mom said she'd help me make the outfit XD)

i know this is kinda early, but is there a certain day you want us to be furuba characters? for a photoshoot or something? because i might be cosplaying other characters as well.

i also might be going to sakura-con...

makichan

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 09:46:20 pm »
Woo and Yay *jumps around room*!!!!! we now have a kagura for sure, ne? We don't really have the days for the cosplay gang set up yet, but I'm sure we'll all get together sometime and work things out. So far the following characters are up for grabs still:

ayame(?)
shigure
momiji
ritsu
kisa
rooster guy.... er whatz his name again hehe?
megumi
akito (?)
uo
3 fanclub girls (well maybe 2 now.... but it's a MAYBE)

so far taken characters would be:
kyo
haru
tohru
hana
hiro
machi
hatori
yuki
Kagura (?)
rin

Am I leaving anyboody out?

makichan

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005, 03:27:23 pm »
More updates already, and they said that they'll be them FOR SURE (trust me, I asked many questions)

syd= momiji
natasha= Ayame
Though I seem to recall another person wanting to be him as well, we can always have two^^
The more the better, er something like that

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 03:33:30 pm »
I'll look into that Ayame cosplay idea.  Fruba is certainly a series I like to do a cosplay of.

@makichan
heavensclone said he does have Akito which he is wearing for sakura con.  I believe he will bring it for kumori 06.

makichan

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 05:45:12 pm »
okay, then I'll put a maybe in for akito, until I get a reply.
Oh, and I also heard that someone might wanna be kisa, but I won't consider it a for sure thing,yet..... 'cause she abandoned me last k-con *pout*, but I must go on!!!!!

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 09:12:10 am »
If you guys plan on doing a group photo shoot for Fruits Basket, let me know.  I'll be working the Registration area for the mornings of the convention.
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

maki_chan

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2005, 01:07:42 am »
it'd be nice to do a photo shoot ^____^
oh, and we have a kisa, now. There's also a friend I know that's dying to be ritsu (why? I don't know, actually...... 'cause I find ritsu annoying, but that's her fav. character.... whatever works, I guess). Meaning that we still need a shigure, some fan girls, the rooster, uo, and uh...... that's all I can think of, right now...... not sure if I'm leaving anyone out, though... WHY ISN'T SHIGURE ALREADY TAKEN, HE'S FREAKIN' COOL!!!!!!

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2005, 01:25:13 pm »
@maki chan
you forgot to mention megumi.  and do you think you're going to try a skit while you're at it?

curious, does anyone know akito's secret?

makichan

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2005, 01:47:46 pm »
I really think that a skit would be lots of fun, but we'd have to talk to all of the characters to see what they think...... if we were going to do a skit, though, we should probably start giving it some thought..... but it's not a rush 'cause we only have... um let's see.... a year, practically LOL.

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2005, 05:07:00 pm »
@kurimono

What, that Akito is really a woman?
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

makichan

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2005, 07:35:32 pm »
that's it, most likely.... my friends still refuse to except it...... they almost cried, I think.... probably 'cause they thought that she was cute... but all I did was laugh, 'cause she definetly makes a better guy.... have you seen that picture of her in a dress? yucky... and the funny part is that in the jap/eng version of the anime, there's is a guy for her voice.... awkward

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2005, 11:29:29 pm »
Throughout the whole anime, I think they try and alter the views on Akito by making him a man.

Don't know why, maybe they didn't want people to think Yuki was afraid of her.  If the school found out that...:P

Actually, I've been scared of many girls..especially my ex.
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

makichan

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2005, 03:46:07 pm »
you know another person that'd be great to have?....... ritsu's mom kyahahahaha!!!!!

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2005, 08:09:47 pm »
Lol omg, get the two of them together lolz
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

makichan

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2005, 10:06:09 am »
I don't think they've ever had ALL of them together, so this interaction is gonna be quite funny to see... kinda excited to see it, myself. aine (tohru) and I (hatsuharu) were talking about having furuba meetings, so we could all get to know each other... and get past the awkward introduction at k-con...... if we do ever have any (which would have to be after all of the characters were taken), we should call it furuba no matsuuri (meaning furuba fest)!!! Not quite sure where people would meet though, seeing as though my place is like a shoebox..... WAY too small for a thing like that.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2005, 10:24:43 am »
the akito is a woman seems like a somewhat desperate attempt at bringing something new to the series(Yuki doesn't know akito is a girl btw).  I only learned about it when I was reading a fanfic and the author complained about it leaving me wonder what she was talking about ^_^*

well besides someone's house, there is always mall(beaverton or lloyd) we could meet up at.

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2005, 03:53:07 pm »
...do you think the manga-ka originally planned akito to be a woman? or a last minute resort?

a meet-up sounds interesting...a skit does, too. :3 i'm up for it.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2005, 04:01:07 pm »
I'm not sure myself.  I haven't read enough of the manga to reach a good conclusion.  based on what I heard and what little I know, it sounds like it was a last minute resort.

oh besides malls, some college campus may work.  I'm working on starting the anime club over at PCC-Rock Creek back up hopefully for the fall term.

I would love to do a skit if I can get a group to do one with.  I will likely attempt to try one with hikaru maxwell's group though.

I hoping to see megumi....goth girl were some of the funniest moments in the anime.

makichan

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2005, 05:01:38 pm »
yeah, and if we did have a megumi, there'd HAVE to be more fan girls..... there's only one right now (plus, it'd be funny to see electric girl, megumi, and the fan girls in live performance)...... and I'd have to agree that they probably did  that akito bit for better manga ratings....  I bet you that akito probably just wants all of those hot sohma guys to herself...... to beckon at her every call.....  T_T ...  -_- .. now that I think about it, who can blame her?..... but she's still a meanie.....

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2005, 05:54:26 pm »
@makichan
how is that idea of the furuba no matsuuri coming along btw?

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2005, 08:07:29 pm »
It's a cool idea, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to go to any of the furuba gatherings unless they were during the conventions :P.  I probably live too far out of the way.
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

makichan

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2005, 08:09:51 pm »
well, no progress, actually...... I figure that since we still need more characters, and I'm WAY WAY WAY too busy this week.... and I DO mean WAY..... I'll wait until we get the whole group together and see about where and when it would be most convenient...... though it'd be nice if you guys could convince friends to go as other members.... I'd really appreciate it!!!!!!

makichan

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2005, 05:46:04 pm »
Oh, I was talking with a friend, recently, when we stumbled across an issue..... What if the sohma guys and girls get hugged by their opp. gender? ...... well... I'm not quite sure what everyone could do, but it gives you a chance to be creative. I think when I get hugged I'll put a cowbell around my neck and moo... maybe even make little cow horns... not sure, but... it'd be nice to hear your ideas ^___^

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2005, 09:08:00 pm »
hmmm. if i'm hugged by a male ... i'll ... oink? XD

makichan

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2005, 09:36:49 pm »
Hey, whatever works LMAO!!!!!!! Oh, and since I'm staying in the same place as our kyo.... yes haru and kyo under one roof, how is it possible?.... anyway, we were talking and I decided that I was gonna make her a velcro grudge mark, so that whenever she gets mad she could just wear it hehehe

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2005, 04:03:16 pm »
ah! i know the girl cosplaying motoko ~ : o (whatta coincidence)

is it true joe's going to be yuki?

makichan

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2005, 05:33:16 pm »
well, so far it is still a yes. When aine asked him if he'd be yuki, apparently he was all, "yeah yeah yeah, of course I'll be him.... wait yuki has fangirls, right? I want fangirls..."
and yes, we ARE talking about bakazoku joe, not some other.... joe....

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2005, 07:26:55 pm »
any changes on the status on the who's who?  Still trying to figure out exactly who I'll be though.

makichan

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2005, 07:39:47 pm »
well, none that I know of.... the characters still unclaimed are listed below...

shigure
ritsu
more fangirls
kureno
uo
megumi
the editor
ritsu's mom
tohru's mom.... if anybody wants an easy costume
... and others....

people that are taken, as of now
kyo
tohru
momiji
haru
hana
fangirls
hatori
ayame
kisa
hiro
akito
kagura
rin
yuki
....... there, I think that's everyone... wow, we got a lot of people.... WE'LL HAVE TO DO A SKIT, FOR SURE!!!!!!!

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2005, 07:50:41 pm »
ahh okay thanks for the updated list.  Doing Ayame now is somewhat less appealing now since someone has it already, although I haven't decided against it yet(heavenclone idea is tempting...).  I may try maybe Megumi instead.  I'll let you know if I finalize who on which character I'll be....which may take a long time...X_X

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2005, 02:53:47 pm »
I just thought of something....what if someone(maybe either yuki fangirls or ayame) surprise the yuki cosplayer with the school festival outfit at like the con or something?

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2005, 03:44:02 pm »
lol! that would be great.

oh yeah ... i wanted to get my hair cut really short, but seeing how i'm going to cosplay kagura (who has my current hairstyle)...well, maybe the haircut can wait. [shrug]
unless i decide to cosplay someone else, but i dunno. >_<

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2005, 03:47:17 pm »
well, why not just get a hair cut but only enough that by the time the con comes around, its long enough again?

makichan

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2005, 06:57:24 pm »
@kurimono
That'd be awesome to suprise yuki... though you'd have to find out his size... and it'd cost some money... oh, our momiji is going to carry around some dumdum suckers and offer them to people....

MagneticPlum

Bwa-ha-ha!
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2005, 09:34:37 pm »
'Sup Maki-chan?!
           Hiro and Momiji just completely got bored and went insane!!!!!! so we thought we'd drop in, and way to be elusive about the dumdums! it was supposed to be a suprize, man! way to ruin my day! Jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>.< anyway. Maybe I'll just have to tell them something! huh?! huh?! like the cow bell thing!!! Huh?! gosh! your so inconsiderate!!!! ! Hiro would write something but he/she is not allowed to touch the keyboard.... seriously... no... don't let her/him near a keyboard... we lost so may brave men. *sob* Gosh we're totally going nuts. Anyway! we were just messing with you (you dumb, cow!)
                                                With luv
                                                              Momiji and Hiro ^.^
                                                                P.S. We mean no offense!
                                                                  See you at school! ^.^
                                                                    Vote for pigmalon!!!!