News > Forum Announcements

Forum software upgrade

<< < (2/4) > >>

hawk222:
Ah, is there a way to reduce the number of posts per page of a thread? I looked through the various settings, but it seems like that option was removed...

JeffT:

--- Quote from: hawk222 on February 05, 2013, 12:20:12 am ---Ah, is there a way to reduce the number of posts per page of a thread? I looked through the various settings, but it seems like that option was removed...

--- End quote ---

We changed the default, but you can still change yours individually.

Go to:

Profile / Account Settings

then

Modify Profile / Look and Layout

then

Topics to display per page and
Messages to display per page

veraca:
I'm shocked it's so briiiiight~ But very nice. I really like how we can TELL what the stickied threads are by a very distinct color change.

Question: the top of each page, the rounded corners seem to have little navy squares filling them out, while around every other div/box/table they do not exist, and the bottom of that very same div/box there are no little navy squares filling out the rounded corners. Seems like a strange coding thing to leave in, visually.

That said, the space on my page (say 70 pixels) on each side of the outermost box seems a bit on the larger size to condense everything down into varying shades of whites and blue-whites. It could be realistically lessened to say, 50 pixels?

My other question, didn't the Admins and mods have different colored usernames above their avatars, not just different colored blocks? Or were bolded or something?

JeffT:

--- Quote from: veraca on February 05, 2013, 12:59:46 pm ---Question: the top of each page, the rounded corners seem to have little navy squares filling them out, while around every other div/box/table they do not exist, and the bottom of that very same div/box there are no little navy squares filling out the rounded corners. Seems like a strange coding thing to leave in, visually.

--- End quote ---

I actually don't see this. Can you post a screen shot, or do a quick check in another browser to see if it's the same? I wonder if an image didn't load (like an image for one of the rounded rectangles--that is, if it's done that way, and not with CSS).

--- Quote from: veraca on February 05, 2013, 12:59:46 pm ---That said, the space on my page (say 70 pixels) on each side of the outermost box seems a bit on the larger size to condense everything down into varying shades of whites and blue-whites. It could be realistically lessened to say, 50 pixels?

--- End quote ---

Turns out, this is a configurable setting! Though only globally by admins--not per-user. It was 90%. I agree, and just upped it to 95%.

If you are feeling daring you can change it yourself. Run this in your browser console:

$('#wrapper').width('95%');

Replace that with whatever value you want. You'll have to do this on every page load. I leave writing a Chrome/Firefox extension to do this as an exercise to the reader.

--- Quote from: veraca on February 05, 2013, 12:59:46 pm ---My other question, didn't the Admins and mods have different colored usernames above their avatars, not just different colored blocks? Or were bolded or something?

--- End quote ---

This might have been the case. If so, it looks like the new theme no longer does this for posts, but only for the "online list".

veraca:
I checked in IE, and noticed that the top there is a gradient (to transparent, probably) background that starts dark at the top. For some reason, my firefox is being a jerk to me lately and won't let me see background images at all. I had done some running around to get rid of the background image on yt (that gray stone looking thing, gives me a headache) and somehow it applies globally. Why I'm just seeing a little bit of the background image, I'm not sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version