News > Forum Announcements

Forum software upgrade

<< < (3/4) > >>

JeffT:

--- Quote from: veraca on February 08, 2013, 02:05:18 pm ---I checked in IE, and noticed that the top there is a gradient (to transparent, probably) background that starts dark at the top. For some reason, my firefox is being a jerk to me lately and won't let me see background images at all. I had done some running around to get rid of the background image on yt (that gray stone looking thing, gives me a headache) and somehow it applies globally. Why I'm just seeing a little bit of the background image, I'm not sure.

--- End quote ---

I can't repro it in any browser (tried 6 of them), sorry. You might check if it happens in a different Firefox profile (or user account); if not, then it's a problem within your Firefox profile.

Incidentally, and although the Kumoricon website fully supports Firefox (along with many other browsers), I have found anecdotally both from my own experience and from others that Firefox tends to frequently get these types of problems on its own (corrupt data in its profile). I usually recommend Chrome to people in that case.

GregAtlas:
Kind of surprised this has not been mentioned yet. When are we going to be able to use our browser spell checks in the text box again? I use firefox and while it still under-squiggly-lines the improperly spelled word, when you right click on it all you get is browser options such as the ability to go forward or back or refresh a page. Both my PC and my laptop have this issue.

I just checked on my version of internet explorer and even though it doesn't have a spell checker built in, it does still give the typical cut, copy, paste, etc. so I would assume that if it had a spell check function that it would still work.

superjaz:

--- Quote from: GregAtlas on September 12, 2013, 05:01:46 pm ---Kind of surprised this has not been mentioned yet. When are we going to be able to use our browser spell checks in the text box again? I use firefox and while it still under-squiggly-lines the improperly spelled word, when you right click on it all you get is browser options such as the ability to go forward or back or refresh a page. Both my PC and my laptop have this issue.

I just checked on my version of internet explorer and even though it doesn't have a spell checker built in, it does still give the typical cut, copy, paste, etc. so I would assume that if it had a spell check function that it would still work.

--- End quote ---

^YES THIS OH BOB YES!

in case anyone noticed the difference of my already questionable spellin this is the cause.  Glad its not just me having issue.

JeffT:
Looks like this is a known bug. Unfortunately, I'm not expecting a fix anytime soon:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=438890.0

For now, if you toggle the View mode (the rightmost button on the bottom row above the text editor), it will switch to code mode, you can fix the spellings, then post or switch back to edit more. I'll be on the lookout for a real fix.

veraca:
Was it an update to the forums or to Firefox, cause I actually recall pretty recently being able to use the spell check in Firefox here in the forums. The last two or three days it's been absent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version