Author Topic: Your dream cosplay?  (Read 5788 times)

Offline Pixie

• Sailor Scout
Your dream cosplay?
« on: February 02, 2013, 02:20:52 pm »
It's happened to all of us.  There's that one character that you would kill to cosplay, but you don't have the time, skill, or money to make the costume.  So, who/what is it that you want to cosplay, but can't?  Could it be possible for you in the future?
HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BEING NORMAL!!!!
I am weird and proud of it. The concept of "blending in" scares me.

Kumoricon 2013 Cosplays:
Dragonite (Pokemon)
Medusa (Soul Eater)
Fluttershy (My Little Pony)

Offline mesaverde

• Sailor Scout
Re: Your dream cosplay?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 02:41:29 pm »
Any character from Arata Kangatari, particularly Kannagi.  Seriously their outfits are the coolest! Unfortunately there aren't many females, and most of the guys' outfits do not include a shirt.

Also either Izumo no Takeru or Oguna no Takeru from Takeru Opera Susanoh Sword of the Devil. Pretty much the same problem as Arata Kangatari though: their outfits are really complicated.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:12:51 pm by mesaverde »
Kumoricon 2014 tentative lineup:
Day 1: Yumichika Ayasegawa (Bleach)
Day 2: Flamenco Jolteon (Pokemon)
Day 3: Fujisake Yuusuke/Bossun (Sket Dance)
Day 4: Superbi Squalo (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

Offline RoriLei

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 05:55:55 pm »
Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha, but his outfit is so complex, and I am not pretty enough  ;D. Same reason I can't do Legolas... JK, I just don't have the skills (yet) to do it, and I'd be nervous about ruining a cosplay I worked so hard on at the con.
Kumoricon 2014: Possibilities - Female Rock Lee (Naruto). Female Mako (LoK). Poison Shroom Toadette (Mario). Hawkeye (Marvel). Vaporeon (Pokemon). Izzy (TDI). Maskless Deadpool (Marvel). Jubilee (Marvel). Pacific Rim character.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 09:05:30 pm »
Well, for me, I guess it would either be Mamoru Kusanagi from Blue Seed or Lina Inverse or Zelgadis Greywords from The Slayers.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 05:34:47 pm »
Oh god. This is going to be the best thread ever.

I've had a lot of dream cosplays when I first started; but since then, I've grown to accept I will probably never do them. Currently, I have no dream cosplay because I just want to focus on my skills now. (Just between me and who ever's reading this, I've always wanted to be Ran-Mao from Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler. I don't see it as a dream, I just really want to do it.)
Not going. Very disappointed. But maybe next time. I'm not entirely sure though.

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 05:40:25 pm »
My sis and I would love to do Yui and Miaka from Fushigi Yuugi, but in their initial summoning outfits. It would be a reallllllllly expensive project because I wouldn't be willing to compromise on the material used. It would also be super time consuming. (but would be epic to walk around in) For reference:

2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 07:46:47 pm »
I feel weird about dream cosplays. I know I used to have them, but they've kind of all turned into "cosplays I'll do someday" and have kind of resigned myself to doing only some that I gravitate toward :D
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 09:06:43 pm »
Hmm....I don't think I HAVE one....I use to think Cloud's A.C. outfit was it, but I already cosplay him....In fact, he was my FIRST cosplay..So..I keep wanting to do a ton of new ones as I see new things, so I don't think I'll ever have a dream cosplay..Cuz if I wanna cosplay them....I'll do it..I won't dream of doing it, I'll sit there and spend hours upon months working on it..

Offline toonafeesh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 10:23:56 pm »
Archangel of Strife from MTG. Hands down.

Whenever I see it, I'm just like: I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.

Sorry if it's a bit large. :P

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 05:22:04 pm »
^ That is absolutely breath-taking, but I've gotta ask: what's MTG?

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 08:14:19 pm »
^ That is absolutely breath-taking, but I've gotta ask: what's MTG?

MTG stands for Magic the Gathering. Am I right, toona?

Also, edit on my post. I think I've found my dream cosplay: Poison Ivy from Batman Arkham Asylum/City(since they're basically the same thing).
Not going. Very disappointed. But maybe next time. I'm not entirely sure though.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 01:02:47 pm »
^ ...that makes sense.  It does look like a Magic card, after all...

Offline MadMoai

• Sailor Scout
    • My deviantart
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 07:16:02 pm »
Oh gosh, dream cosplays. I keep losing track of mine. xD

First is Ryunosuke from Wild Adapter. It's an awesome outfit, but it looks like normal clothes so even if I did get it, nobody would realize I was cosplaying. :|

Second is Gakupo's (the Vocaloid) costume for the song False Egoist. It looks really fun and fancy, but the only drawing of it that exists is a bust so I have no clue what the rest is supposed to look like. :|

Third is Alma Karma from D.Gray-man. I envy his beauty, but I'm a girl so I'd have to somehow change the cosplay so I don't end up walking around shirtless. :|

...and I think that's it. I guess I'll add more later if I need to.
Hmm.. gonna have to find out when I can next go to Kumoricon. Might not be until 2019.

Offline fadadio

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 06:58:32 pm »
Subject Delta bioshock 2....ah a man can dream

Offline OzNeedsNoIntro

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 11:45:53 pm »

Oh, lawdy, dream cosplays..?

Frederic Chopin from Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata has been a long-term dream cosplay of mine. Others include Ledah/Malice from Riviera: The Promised Land, Xerxes Break (casual and/or Pandora Uniform), the Cheshire Cat (Pandora Hearts), and the Rail Tracer (not necessarily hard to complete by any means, its just going to take a lot for me to douse a beautiful white suit in red stain). There are more, but then it'd just get tedious! :p

I've got a lot of them, but recently, I decided that even though I dont have a ton of money, I'll just collect pieces of these dream cosplays over time, and eventually, I'll be able to put them all together. :)
Kumori Con 2014:
- Oz Vessalius
- Genocider Syo
- TBA
- TBA

Offline Kitten Face

• Sailor Scout
    • Wishing Star Cosplay
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 04:15:56 pm »
Mine is actually Kosmos and Shiva.

But, I am doing Kosmos for K-con

FFX Shiva though I would KILL to do just I know the wig is going to be a fortune.

Offline Sadict

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 12:28:59 am »
My current dream cosplay is Tali'Zorah from the Mass Effect trilogy.
I know I'll be doing her within the foreseeable future, but it seems like a dream cosplay right now since I don't have the funds for anything but things to care for my Bearded Dragon and gas...and even then I barely have the money for them.  >:(

But Tali'Zorah...one day... :P

Offline tbjforever9

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 01:23:34 pm »
I guess I've always wanted to cosplay one  of the sailor scouts. But right now with my budget and time and confidence, I don't think I can pull it off. But one day!
Switched to M-ayumii