Author Topic: Hotel?  (Read 66511 times)

Offline bigdadytid

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • the russian facebook
Re: Hotel?
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2013, 09:33:53 pm »
15 minutes away :)
greasy, tattooed asian trash

2014-auction staff
2013-roaming yojimbo

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2013, 06:35:49 pm »
Even thugh I already have my hotel room reserved I have to give the Kumoricon staff props for the brilliant idea of going to the other local hotels and getting them involved. Nothing against the Vancouver Hilton and the red Lion but with the way Kumoricon is expanding it means we need more hotels. So Kudos (Applause) and props to the Kumoricon staff.
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline xKro

• Oni
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2014, 04:35:07 pm »
Didn't want to make a new thread, so I will just revive this one.

Will this year be at the same places? If so, this is my first time going and both the Red Lion, and the Hilton are sold out already. Is this because they are sold out, or just holding spots for Kumoricon, if they are sold out, what are some other good hotels in the area for me to book a room?

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2014, 04:36:42 pm »
Didn't want to make a new thread, so I will just revive this one.

Will this year be at the same places? If so, this is my first time going and both the Red Lion, and the Hilton are sold out already. Is this because they are sold out, or just holding spots for Kumoricon, if they are sold out, what are some other good hotels in the area for me to book a room?

They are just holding our room blocks. Reservation instructions to be posted shortly.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline xKro

• Oni
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2014, 04:40:15 pm »
Thank you for the fast reply, is there any site I should look at frequently to insure I get a room?

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2014, 04:42:03 pm »
We'll announce it under News at https://www.kumoricon.org/, on Twitter, and Facebook.

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2014, 10:53:20 am »
In all honesty, I would very much recommend just calling them (it was like pulling teeth for me, as I'm self-conscious about my phone voice) to make your reservation if you're really paranoid about availability, 'cause once that announcement is made, the rooms go quickly...Especially if we're expecting more and more attendees with each passing year.   :)
Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline invader1337

• Cabbit
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2014, 06:07:12 pm »
Just called and made my reservation at the Red Lion. Now... to get to work on the cosplay X-P
"I'm not gonna flush... Let them see the wrath of The Monarch!!"

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2014, 06:56:44 pm »
I need help folks. I just found out the hotel block for Kumoricon at the Red Lion and the Hilton is sold out, so I'm stuck, is there anyone out there who has any ideas.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2014, 06:42:31 pm »
Update: Well I got off the phone with Econo-Lodge and I'm all set up there. I'll be checking ibn on Day 1 of the convention. So the good news is I'll be able to attend after all. Note to self: Next time keep a closer eye on the convention site.

Offline ldkstar

• Director of Infrastructure
  • Cabbit
    • Google+
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2014, 11:44:45 pm »
Update: Well I got off the phone with Econo-Lodge and I'm all set up there. I'll be checking ibn on Day 1 of the convention. So the good news is I'll be able to attend after all. Note to self: Next time keep a closer eye on the convention site.

I also did the econo lodge as well. Has anyone ever stayed here before? This year will be my first Kumoricon, as plans fell through last year. I'm really looking forward to the extra day, and I am working extra like a mad man to afford it.
2015-: Yojimbo Office Coordinator
2016-: Facilities Liaison

Offline NadiaB

• Oni
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2014, 11:17:41 am »
If anyone is still looking for a hotel room there are rooms available at SpringHill Suites Marriott Vancouver. The Kumoricon rate is $85.00 per night and there is complimentary hotel shuttle service to and from Kumoricon until 2:00am.

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2014, 08:54:39 pm »
My sister actually reserved a room for us about a week after Kumoricon 2013, and then updated the price later when the code was released. Only works for people knowing they're going to the con the next year, but hey, it works.
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)

Offline lolasangel

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
    • Jamila Clarke Photography
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2014, 02:14:47 pm »
Well pretty much all the hotels are booked. I'm a little sad, but I live in Portland, so it looks like I'll just have to commute each day. :P
Kumoricon 2015

Trickster! Meenah - Homestuck
Rainbow Dash - MLP
Nonon Jakuzure (Regalia Grave) - Kill La Kill
Aisha Clan-Clan - Outlaw Star
[maybe] Garnet - Steven Universe

Offline RedEagleEX

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2014, 03:18:10 pm »
Well pretty much all the hotels are booked. I'm a little sad, but I live in Portland, so it looks like I'll just have to commute each day. :P

Are they really? They posted the Overflow Hotels yesterday if you haven't checked yet: https://www.kumoricon.org/location <--They have 6 Overflow Hotels.

Offline lolasangel

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2014, 03:24:23 pm »
Yep. Kind of nuts. I called pretty much all of them - only place that had anything was Homestead but they only had King suites and I'm booking for 4. Plus it was super spendy.
Kumoricon 2015

Rainbow Dash - MLP

Offline lolasangel

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2014, 05:30:22 pm »
Homewood but they only had King suites and I'm booking for 4. Plus it was super spendy.

Update: Homewood Suites still has king rooms available for the group rate - and the king rooms can accommodate more than I originally thought - it's a king in a bedroom plus a sofa bed (and plenty of floor space). But if you need to book Thursday, they don't have anything under the group rate.
Kumoricon 2015

Rainbow Dash - MLP

Offline qiaokeli

• Oni
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2014, 11:49:21 am »
So any ideas what to do if I live in Seattle and can't find a room nor a roommate? >_<

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2014, 09:38:27 pm »
So any ideas what to do if I live in Seattle and can't find a room nor a roommate? >_<

Have you tried the room and ride sharing board? https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?board=57.0

Congoers are looking there too and maybe along with the few that are there ya'll can band up to be roomies? Good luck!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 09:40:28 pm by princessmoon »
And so it begins...

Offline NadiaB

• Oni
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2014, 11:16:39 am »
There are still lots of rooms available at the SpringHill Suites for only $85.00 and there is a complimentary shuttle back and forth to Kumoricon venues. When calling just ask for the Kumoricon rate.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2015, 07:02:48 pm »
Hey there, everyone, Animeman73 here.

I decided to check out the website yesterday and I found that you can now reserve a hotel room with the Red Lion and the Hilton for this. I've already done it and fulfilled my pledge to get a room at the Red Lion on the Quay. Add to that I now have paid for a VIP pass and I'm all set. But what matters is the hotel reservations for Kumoricon 2015 are up and running check it out everyone.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:14:26 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2015, 08:04:42 pm »
Hmm....I called the red lion this morning and booked a room..For those wanting a 2 bed, they are now out..I got the last one this morning..When I called and asked he goes "let me look. [pause while he looks]. Ok, so you are in luck, we have ONE room left with 2 beds. You got the last one.."

Offline marissaofunderground

• Cabbit
    • The Peculiar Pink Pixie
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2015, 07:06:10 pm »
Does this mean all the rooms are gone already!? I was scared of this. Please tell me there are rooms available!!

Ugh when did the booking and reservations become available? Please give me the EXACT DATE. There seems to be no set time since last year the rooms were made available later (not until February). This year it was earlier. The rooms are available for booking no sooner than January, right? So...my best bet is to start checking once the holidays are over?

I'd love a more active thread when this time rolls around. Making an announcement would be nice! Does the official Facebook or Twitter announce when this happens? Reservations open in January, right? early January? Do the dates change each year?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 10:47:11 pm by marissaofunderground »
Kumoricon 2015 cosplays:
Day 1-2: Lapis Lazuli (Steven Universe)
Day 2-3: Vivi (Mystery Skulls Animated - Ghost)
Day 4: Undecided

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2015, 09:17:44 am »
The ability to book rooms was opened January 12, and was announced on the Kumoricon Facebook page as well as the Kumoricon website location page. The availability date was specified on the location page and Facebook, but it is still the kind of thing it would have been easy to miss, unfortunately. The date doesn't seem to be the same every year, as you are right, hotels were opened significantly later last year. For now though, the Facebook page is probably the best place to stay up on Kumoricon details like that. I also suggest (in the future) checking the Kumoricon website once a week or so if you are waiting to register/book a room/do anything involving the con. Information can and occasionally does fall through the cracks, so it doesn't hurt to be extra-vigilant if you're ever worried about missing something.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 09:21:57 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2015, 09:47:23 am »
All important news is also posted to the front page news feed at https://www.kumoricon.org/

Offline RobinSena

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2015, 06:48:40 pm »
Does this mean all the rooms are gone already!? I was scared of this. Please tell me there are rooms available!!
All of the rooms may be gone now, but I would suggest checking online (using the con codes) and do so every week and watch for the hotel to open more rooms.  That's how we got a room last year in June.
"Well, it's going to look pretty good then, isn't it?  The One Horseman and the Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse." Terry Pratchett

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2015, 01:33:05 pm »
No idea why, but I think the hotel acknowledges the kumoricon rate even though the announcement isn't up..I booked mine the second day (the day after the announcement went up) and there was only one 2 bed available.

Offline Ashok

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2015, 07:38:15 pm »
I checked the websites for rooms through Kumoricon however the websites said that there where no open rooms for the weekend.
Today, I had my mother call Hilton for a room (Afraid of calling on phones, plus I couldn't talk) and booked a room just fine.
I also have a friend who's brother called the Red Lion for a double bed room, and they said that they had a few

I believe reservations cancel all the time so even if they are full now just keep trying
Plus calling is most likely the best way to reserve a room, if you have a thing where you can't use a phone write down the specific information and have a friend call for you.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: February 02, 2015, 10:00:12 am »
My friend noticed last year that online places showed the hotels as open until late Jan - early Feb, where they're booked out to the Kumoricon attendees. In order to be sure you reserve and get a room, she had to call.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline PandaPanda

• Cabbit
    • Instagram
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2016, 07:52:22 pm »
I already booked a room at the Motel 6 a couple minutes from the convention center. I just now read the info on this site and say "We have not yet opened hotel room booking for Kumoricon 2016". That just refers to the actual convention hotel right? And not, per say, the Motel 6 down the road, right?
2016:
Day 0: Panda kigirumi
Day 1: Konan am, school girl am
Day 2: Lolita
Day 3: Panda kigirumi or normal clothes

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2016, 08:31:00 pm »
That means Kumoricon have not arranged con rates with any hotels yet. So, you getting a room at the Motel 6 at this time is booking a room under the hotel's average rate, without any Kumoricon discount or room-block. Kumoricon haven't announced which hotels they will be arranging rates for yet, so you won't be able to book a room within Kumoricon's designated set of rooms and under their discounted rate until then.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2016, 12:11:54 pm »
I already booked a room at the Motel 6 a couple minutes from the convention center. I just now read the info on this site and say "We have not yet opened hotel room booking for Kumoricon 2016". That just refers to the actual convention hotel right? And not, per say, the Motel 6 down the road, right?

To get a little more into detail with what was said above, I think you are confused. In fact I am almost positive you are. There is no "con Hotel" anymore. It's being held in a convention center now. Not in a hotel.
This means the convention will talk with the nearby hotels (usually within 5 blocks or so) and get them to lower their "per night" cost. These hotels will be the ones that the thing you read is talking about. We don't know if that motel 6 is going to be part of the block of hotels that the con get's to lower their prices. So if it turns out that it is, then you just screwed yourself out of a better deal. I would cancel your room now and wait until the con says their room blocks are open, then find one that way. I believe this con does the same thing the other ones do..Usually staying in a hotel that's contracted with the con, you get a wrist band that let's you jump lines and get early access to some events.

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2016, 01:23:57 pm »
Quick question. Will the hotels have shuttles for people with disabilities (like myself)? Doing lots of walking tires me out, pretty quickly. Therefore, when I get tired, I get cranky, and when I get cranky, compassion is pretty much the only thing that'll save you from having a negative encounter with me.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2016, 01:02:07 pm »
At my age I've leanred the value of diligence and patience. I'm going to wait for the hotel rates to come out and then book my room, so that way there will be no problems. I know some people say get your Hotel/Motel rates now, but with the fact we don't know what hotels Kumoricon is negotiating with, and since I'm not a mind reader and don't want to assume anything with them. So again...I'll wait.

Offline PandaPanda

• Cabbit
    • Instagram
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2016, 09:50:53 am »

To get a little more into detail with what was said above, I think you are confused. In fact I am almost positive you are. There is no "con Hotel" anymore. It's being held in a convention center now. Not in a hotel.
This means the convention will talk with the nearby hotels (usually within 5 blocks or so) and get them to lower their "per night" cost. These hotels will be the ones that the thing you read is talking about. We don't know if that motel 6 is going to be part of the block of hotels that the con get's to lower their prices. So if it turns out that it is, then you just screwed yourself out of a better deal. I would cancel your room now and wait until the con says their room blocks are open, then find one that way. I believe this con does the same thing the other ones do..Usually staying in a hotel that's contracted with the con, you get a wrist band that let's you jump lines and get early access to some events.

Thank you~

By "con hotel" I was referring to the Oregon Convention Center Inn that's inside that building, sorry for the confusion ^^;
2016:
Day 0: Panda kigirumi
Day 1: Konan am, school girl am
Day 2: Lolita
Day 3: Panda kigirumi or normal clothes

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2016, 08:00:29 am »
I wonder when Kumoricon is going to have the Hotel codes up? I've been keeping a close eye on the site and thus far I haven't seen much of anything.

Offline ldkstar

• Director of Infrastructure
  • Cabbit
    • Google+
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2016, 08:06:32 am »
I wonder when Kumoricon is going to have the Hotel codes up? I've been keeping a close eye on the site and thus far I haven't seen much of anything.

At the April staff meeting, they announced that there was no firm date yet, but potentially in the next few weeks. Again, no firm date, but it should be soon
2015-: Yojimbo Office Coordinator
2016-: Facilities Liaison

Offline Czarcasm2

• Cabbit
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2016, 06:50:12 pm »
So the hotels are up but I can't book the room with my Hilton Account

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2016, 08:40:02 pm »
I'm having some difficulty booking a room myself.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2016, 09:44:17 pm »
For anyone who is having problems, could you send an email to hotel@kumoricon.org with a detailed description of the problem you are having, including the text of any error message? We'll be happy to assist. We can also follow up with our booking vendor if need be.

Thanks!

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2016, 04:59:22 pm »
For anyone who is having problems, could you send an email to hotel@kumoricon.org with a detailed description of the problem you are having, including the text of any error message? We'll be happy to assist. We can also follow up with our booking vendor if need be.

Thanks!

Thanks for the information. I figured out what I was doing wrong. I now have my room and...HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 09:13:04 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2016, 05:05:58 pm »
Just booked my room. I'll be at the Double Tree by Hilton.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2016, 10:04:30 am »
I'm staying at the Double Tree, too. I enjoyed being there when they held Kumoricon in '05 and '08.
I didn't know that there was a Motel 6 close to the convention center, but after I looked at it, I'm glad I chose the Double Tree instead. I read some reviews on the Motel 6 and the place sounds like a nightmare.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2016, 08:41:25 pm »
Hey I'm at the Doubletree myself. Maybe I'll run into you Otaku_24 and PaladinCecil79. A friend of mine from Washington and I will be room mates this year. And considering who are the guests of honor this year are, I look forward to it.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 08:32:13 pm by Animeman73 »

Offline cooperslink

• Oni
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2016, 06:32:21 pm »
Is there anyone looking for a roommate? I thought I wasn't going to be ablet o make it to kcon this year but it looks like I might, but sadly I don't have a ride. If this is the wrong board to post to can someone direct me to the correct one?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2016, 08:28:13 am »
Is there anyone looking for a roommate? I thought I wasn't going to be ablet o make it to kcon this year but it looks like I might, but sadly I don't have a ride. If this is the wrong board to post to can someone direct me to the correct one?

Check out the Room & Ride Sharing sub-topic. You should have better luck there. ^_^
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 08:28:51 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!