Author Topic: Hotel?  (Read 66510 times)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Hotel?
« on: January 28, 2013, 11:28:38 pm »
Hey, so I didn't WANT to make a new thread, but I can't seem to find one..
I will be getting a room at one of the hotels the con is in, but I'm not sure how to go about booking..Do I need to call them? Or is there a place on this site where we can book the room..I know at Sakuracon they have a page where you can make the reservations at the nearby hotels..But Akicon I had to call them..So, what am I suppose to do for this one?

Also, While I'm on the topic..What hotel is the AA located in? That way I can just book at that one so I can go back to the room for costume changing very quickly.

Thank you kindly.

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
Re: Hotel?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 02:45:55 am »
While it could be different this year, the last two years the Red Lion was closest to the artist alley.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 01:51:09 pm »
I'm sure it would be the same lol Anyway, I'm guessing I have to call to reserve?

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 06:03:13 pm »
you could just reserve it through the website. That's what I usually do.
DA:http://azuraschampion.deviantart.com/
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014, days may change
Day 0: Tifa Lockhart
Day 1: Ruby Rose
Day 2: Mother's Rosario Kirito/ Erza Scarlet
Day 3: Kuroyukihime/ Tifa Lockhart/ Secret cosplay
Day 4: Erza Scarlet

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 06:08:18 pm »
But how? That was my original question..I didn't see where we could do that

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 08:46:05 pm »
It's not up yet for this year, but it should be up on the website before too long - when it's posted, it'll be at https://www.kumoricon.org/location.
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 10:26:21 pm »
Yes if you go to location it has the websites listed for both hotels.  But currently Hilton Vancouver shows no rooms available but that may be due to it being to soon to find rooms.  Who knows..

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 01:54:40 am »
Yes if you go to location it has the websites listed for both hotels.  But currently Hilton Vancouver shows no rooms available but that may be due to it being to soon to find rooms.  Who knows..

The hotel isn't full yet. Those rooms are actually set aside for the Kumoricon code, which hasn't been released yet.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 07:53:07 am »
Good Morning folks!

Everyone of our lovely staff (and attendees! yay!) are correct!

The booking code and website link have not yet been released. They will soon though, just a few more tweaks. But rest assured the hotels are NOT sold out yet!

If you are really wanting to make your booking right now, we recommend you call the hotel you prefer directly and book with them by telling them you are apart of the Kumoricon Group. You need to say our convention name specifically in order to get the discount rate.

Right now I have not received confirmation on the location of AA yet, so if you are wanting to be in that hotel, you could either book a room at each hotel and release the one you don't want when you get confirmation, or wait until I receive confirmation from Programming and Relations on the issue. Each way has its pros and cons, but right now you are in no danger of being left without a room so I might lean more towards giving it more time. Once online booking for hotel rooms opens, I'd then start sending e-mails to relations@kumoricon.org and artists@kumoricon.org requesting further information, but not until then!

Hope that helps, feel free to PM me or add further questions, in the mean time get excited! More booking information is coming!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:23:40 am by JeffT »
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 07:01:01 pm »
Oh Jeeze....lots to read lol anyway thank you all that helps a lot. Guess I'll wait and see

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 07:00:24 pm »
Good to hear I mean I live only 40 minutes away but sometimes its nice to stay at the hotel the convention is at :-)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 06:56:48 pm »
Although no announcement has been made yet, and I'm sure there will be an automated room-booking link through the con website like last year, I just wanted to post the Group Code for those interested.

I have just booked my room at the Hilton using the Kumoricon Group Code, which is KUM. This works, brings up the Kumoricon 2013 group rate, and seems just fine.

So, for those interested, there you go. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 07:27:08 pm »
Although no announcement has been made yet, and I'm sure there will be an automated room-booking link through the con website like last year, I just wanted to post the Group Code for those interested.

I have just booked my room at the Hilton using the Kumoricon Group Code, which is KUM. This works, brings up the Kumoricon 2013 group rate, and seems just fine.

So, for those interested, there you go. ^_^
Does "group code" mean like when a huge group (as in an anime club buying a bulk abount of badges and all going) stays in rooms? Does it not work for just someone getting a room for the normal 4 people?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 08:09:53 pm »
No, group code means the code that your event has been designated to get the event-specific room rate. So, Kumoricon has a group code that allows people to book rooms using Kumoricon's special discounted room rate, and this code is KUM. Anyone attending can book their room using the group code, regardless of the number of people in the room.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 10:22:54 pm »
No, group code means the code that your event has been designated to get the event-specific room rate. So, Kumoricon has a group code that allows people to book rooms using Kumoricon's special discounted room rate, and this code is KUM. Anyone attending can book their room using the group code, regardless of the number of people in the room.

OH!! That's exactly what I needed then.
May I ask, how do I go about booking? I mean, this was the original question I asked but I was told earlier in the thread about a link..Does this mean there will be a link appearing on the main page specifically to book? I'm guessing that if that's how, that the link has still yet to be posted....As I can't find it..I just don't see what the point of the code is when the link isn't up..Doesn't really do much then does it?

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 10:24:30 pm »

May I ask, how do I go about booking? I mean, this was the original question I asked but I was told earlier in the thread about a link..Does this mean there will be a link appearing on the main page specifically to book? I'm guessing that if that's how, that the link has still yet to be posted....As I can't find it..I just don't see what the point of the code is when the link isn't up..Doesn't really do much then does it?

We will have the link and instructions up shortly. Just finalizing a few things.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 11:09:13 pm »
Sweet thanks. I'll be sure to keep looking for it.

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 09:22:31 am »
I booked a room at the Red Lion, which is conveniently three blocks away from the Hilton where the con is. I recommend staying there because of how close it is, and it's also away from the crowds and craziness of the convention (good if you get sick or need time to rest away from the noise and drama). I stayed at the Comfort Inn last year, which was much further away-I wouldn't recommend it unless it was a last resort and everything else is booked. It's best to call them (the Red Lion) and ask for a room ASAP before they're all full!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:25:06 am by Valkyrie542 »
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 10:47:53 am »
I booked a room at the Red Lion, which is conveniently three blocks away from the Hilton where the con is. I recommend staying there because of how close it is, and it's also away from the crowds and craziness of the convention (good if you get sick or need time to rest away from the noise and drama). I stayed at the Comfort Inn last year, which was much further away-I wouldn't recommend it unless it was a last resort and everything else is booked. It's best to call them (the Red Lion) and ask for a room ASAP before they're all full!
If I get a table at the artist alley I'd rather be in the con hotel.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 03:33:12 pm »
The Red Lion is part of the con, and if Artist ally is in the same place as it was last year it will be IN the Red Lion.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 06:16:58 pm »
The Red Lion is part of the con, and if Artist ally is in the same place as it was last year it will be IN the Red Lion.

Oh....I was confused because that person said that the red lion was 3 blocks FROM the con space..Which would mean that it wasn't part of it..Maybe they mean a different hotel?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 08:07:27 pm »
Valkyrie probably meant it was 3 blocks from the main conspace. Red Lion is indeed part of Kumoricon. Artist Alley and other events do happen there, just not as many as in the Hilton, which is the main hotel.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 08:29:38 pm »
Valkyrie probably meant it was 3 blocks from the main conspace. Red Lion is indeed part of Kumoricon. Artist Alley and other events do happen there, just not as many as in the Hilton, which is the main hotel.

OH!! See I don't know anything about this con....First time and all..Thanks for clearing that up

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 09:40:33 am »

OH!! See I don't know anything about this con....First time and all..Thanks for clearing that up
Sorry that I wasn't more clear.  :-[
The Red Lion is where the artist alley is; ALL the other events (games, contests, meet-ups, photoshoots) are at the Hilton. I'm saying that the Red Lion is away from the main attractions by a couple of blocks, it's an ideal place if you want to take the entire con experience in small doses. Personally, whenever I get tired and need to get away for awhile, I need somewhere to go-usually the park or my hotel room.  :)
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 06:13:47 pm »
Well until they open up the spots for the convention the red lion in shows as booked also.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 08:37:08 am »

You don't need the con's special link to book a room with the con's rate. The link the Kumoricon website will be providing just bypasses a couple steps, making the process easier, but it doesn't do anything that you can't do right now just by going to the Hilton's website (http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/washington/hilton-vancouver-washington-PDXVAHH/index.html), putting in your arrival and departure dates, picking the number of people you will have in your room, and typing KUM in the box that says 'Group code', and clicking 'Check Availability'. This will take you to the available rooms under the Kumoricon room block. Pick one and proceed. The result is the same, the Kumoricon link to be provided just speeds the process up a couple paces.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 10:57:29 am »

You don't need the con's special link to book a room with the con's rate. The link the Kumoricon website will be providing just bypasses a couple steps, making the process easier, but it doesn't do anything that you can't do right now just by going to the Hilton's website (http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/washington/hilton-vancouver-washington-PDXVAHH/index.html), putting in your arrival and departure dates, picking the number of people you will have in your room, and typing KUM in the box that says 'Group code', and clicking 'Check Availability'. This will take you to the available rooms under the Kumoricon room block. Pick one and proceed. The result is the same, the Kumoricon link to be provided just speeds the process up a couple paces.

Well..That ones a no go..It says no rooms..

EDIT:
HOLY CRAP BOTH ARE UNAVAILABLE!! I don't know any hotels nearby..what else can I do? What is another really close hotel? I can't believe both are sold out already..I mean jeeze, Sakuracon is less then a freaking MONTH and they STILL have hotels and they get almost 20,000 attendees..
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:01:28 am by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 11:46:03 am »
(snip) The booking code and website link have not yet been released. They will soon though, just a few more tweaks. But rest assured the hotels are NOT sold out yet!

If you are really wanting to make your booking right now, we recommend you call the hotel you prefer directly and book with them by telling them you are apart of the Kumoricon Group. You need to say our convention name specifically in order to get the discount rate....

Hope that helps, feel free to PM me or add further questions, in the mean time get excited! More booking information is coming!

(snip) We will have the link and instructions up shortly. Just finalizing a few things.

I know it's hard to wait when you're looking forward to the con and want to plan well in advance to make sure nothing goes wrong, but we really should have the link and instructions up shortly. If you'd rather not wait, the best thing to do would be to call the hotel and tell them you're part of the Kumoricon group.

I haven't called to try to reserve a room myself or anything, but if AllyKat says the hotels aren't sold out, you can be sure there are rooms still available. She's cool like that.  8)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:46:56 am by @random »
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 12:08:48 pm »
(snip) The booking code and website link have not yet been released. They will soon though, just a few more tweaks. But rest assured the hotels are NOT sold out yet!

If you are really wanting to make your booking right now, we recommend you call the hotel you prefer directly and book with them by telling them you are apart of the Kumoricon Group. You need to say our convention name specifically in order to get the discount rate....

(snip) We will have the link and instructions up shortly. Just finalizing a few things.

I know it's hard to wait when you're looking forward to the con and want to plan well in advance to make sure nothing goes wrong, but we really should have the link and instructions up shortly. If you'd rather not wait, the best thing to do would be to call the hotel and tell them you're part of the Kumoricon group.

I haven't called to try to reserve a room myself or anything, but if AllyKat says the hotels aren't sold out, you can be sure there are rooms still available. She's cool like that.  8)

Well, I'd assume the site would know have more information on whether a room is open or not..Usually it wouldn't matter if there is an event or not, it would still show that there are rooms available for just everyday use, yet it says none so that means businesspeople and vacationers also will not be able to book via their website. So it's not just attendees that can't book right now, it's the entire world..

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 12:30:48 pm »
Well, I'd assume the site would know have more information on whether a room is open or not..Usually it wouldn't matter if there is an event or not, it would still show that there are rooms available for just everyday use, yet it says none so that means businesspeople and vacationers also will not be able to book via their website. So it's not just attendees that can't book right now, it's the entire world..

That's a good thing, though.  The reason the rooms don't show on the website as being available for the general public is because they're reserved for Kumoricon attendees. It helps to keep us from running out of rooms prematurely.

(Not to mention that in past years where a significant portion of the hotel guests weren't with the con... well, things could have been better.)

Offline AllyKat

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 02:52:26 pm »
The Page for booking hotel rooms online should be coming pretty darn soon. The reason for the delay is some work that had to be done regarding 2014. This year, everything had a little bit longer of an order than I was expecting, and to get some things done, other stuff I thought coulda/shoulda/woulda waited didn't get to wait... so... here we are in MARCH with no code! That's gotta change right quick!

Well, that's all the excuses I'll put up! Keep checking back because you definitely WILL get a room at either hotel if you want one, they aren't sold out. Not yet, not even close.

The Kumoricon Event Hotel Booking Page is now Priority #1 and will get done ASAP. Be looking in the coming weekdays on the site for a news post about it.

In the mean time...

If you want to book a room, and DO NOT want to wait for me and the hotel to finish the online booking pages, feel free to just call them up.

Hilton Vancouver Washington: (360) 993-4500
Red Lion Hotel Vancouver at the Quay: (360) 694-8341

If you call them directly, you can tell them at the beginning "I need to book for the Kumoricon 2013 event" You could even tell them the dates, but they should know them as soon as you say Kumoricon. If for some reason they say "We don't have that event" It means the machine transferred you to the big corporate headquarters cause the hotel itself was busy. That always sucks, I know, just try again later. Many people have already booked their hotel this way, and it's how we did it back before the internet, so if you are feeling adventurous, you can always give it a try.

But for those of you like me who have this weird fear of making phone calls (I don't know what it is, I just hate calling shops) and want the online booking page... have no fear, you'll have it well before Sakuracon!

Oh, and a side note: You are absolutely right, both Hotels are reporting that their rooms for people outside the Kumoricon block are GONE. Which means that all the rooms that don't count towards Kumoricon are taken and no one else who might want to stay in either of the two main downtown Vancouver WA hotels that is not a Kumoricon attendee can. This is kind of unprecedented, and it may change when people see the code available (some people may have booked rooms for con not under the group, not realizing it was available) but that just shows you how much this year is gonna be about Kumoricon... we run these two hotels for Labor Day Weekend!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:58:04 pm by AllyKat »
2009 - Attendee
2010 - Facilities Liaison
2011 - Director of Publicity
2012 - Director of Publicity
2013 - Facilities Liaison
2014 - Vice Chair

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 08:12:18 pm »
Thank you. that made life actually a ton easier....
I called red lion. I love their price lol

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 12:59:26 pm »
I would suggest calling them. I just made my reservation for the red lion and the woman I was talking to said that the rooms were getting pretty limited. I rather be safe than sorry. That being said I was able to get a room with two beds no problem.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 02:45:22 pm »
I would suggest calling them. I just made my reservation for the red lion and the woman I was talking to said that the rooms were getting pretty limited. I rather be safe than sorry. That being said I was able to get a room with two beds no problem.

Oh I already booked it. I posted that reply after I called them..

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 08:08:39 am »
I was more of directing it at everyone who is waiting till the it comes online. I don't want someone to miss out on the hotels because they waited. Thats the worst.

I'm glad you got your room though :) I would say the Hilton is a nicer hotel but the red lion has free parking and there is only three levels so it is less people to deal with. And if there is the same layout as last year it will be close to the dealers hall. AND it will force me to walk more and walking is good.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 01:42:11 pm »
I was more of directing it at everyone who is waiting till the it comes online. I don't want someone to miss out on the hotels because they waited. Thats the worst.

I'm glad you got your room though :) I would say the Hilton is a nicer hotel but the red lion has free parking and there is only three levels so it is less people to deal with. And if there is the same layout as last year it will be close to the dealers hall. AND it will force me to walk more and walking is good.

Thanks lol Yea I know the Hilton is nicer, But since i wanna do AA stuff, it's better to be closer to that lol

And yes, walking IS good lol I need to get in that habit if I'm ever gonna lose this weight lol

Offline NekSizzle

• Cabbit
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 08:08:37 am »
I like crowds, the hilton looks alot nicer than the lion, and there are good odds the game room will be in the main hotel.

...Hilton for me it is.  Now to see if I can reserve the room with the code like others have... :-\

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2013, 12:08:23 pm »
I like crowds, the hilton looks alot nicer than the lion, and there are good odds the game room will be in the main hotel.

...Hilton for me it is.  Now to see if I can reserve the room with the code like others have... :-\

Don't feel bad if it doesn't work for you. Apparently I'm the only one who got the code to work pre-announcement, lol. If it doesn't work for you now, just wait for the staff to release it officially. There will be rooms left. Don't worry about not getting booked.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:09:14 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline X[D_ubaga]

• Cabbit
Red Lion reservations
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2013, 04:40:42 pm »
hello, i tried to book a room at the red lion for the next convention but it says it's unavailable, is it actually fully booked or am i just bad at this? cause i did not think it would be full by now, does anyone have any light to shed on this?

Edit: i tried emailing them and it got returned cause the address was not found and i tried calling but only got a strange creepy high pitched buzzing noise every few seconds
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 05:17:26 pm by X[D_ubaga] »
“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white…. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray….”  -Garrus Vakarian

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: Red Lion reservations
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2013, 07:10:10 pm »
That high-pitched buzzing noise was probably a busy signal. Or you have bees in your phone. I would call them back and spray your phone with wasp killer just to be safe.

Neither hotel is booked solid right now, I myself just called and got a reservation at the Hilton at the con rate by telling them I'm attending the con.

Offline X[D_ubaga]

• Cabbit
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2013, 07:22:47 pm »
ok thanks, thats sounds encouraging, i guess their website is not working right

“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white…. Gray? I don't know what to do with gray….”  -Garrus Vakarian

Offline yelloweyedowl

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2013, 02:24:24 pm »
hello, i tried to book a room at the red lion for the next convention but it says it's unavailable, is it actually fully booked or am i just bad at this? cause i did not think it would be full by now, does anyone have any light to shed on this?

Edit: i tried emailing them and it got returned cause the address was not found and i tried calling but only got a strange creepy high pitched buzzing noise every few seconds

The Red Lion isn't fully booked. The rooms are reserved for Kumoricon attendees, which is why they are not showing up on the Red Lion website.  We'll have a link up shortly that will let you book a room online.  If you'd prefer not to wait you can try them back on the phone.  I had a problem getting through to them over the phone once too, but I called back a few minutes later and all was fine.  :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:24:53 pm by yelloweyedowl »

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2013, 03:56:34 pm »
Ditto on the recommend call hotel, as of today they are upgraded to "extremely limited" at the red lion

So the con rate is $109 for a standard 2 queen at the red lion, just wondering what is it for the hilton?  I don't see the rates listed anywhere, tho I just might be missing it.
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Nishi

• Cabbit
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2013, 08:12:55 pm »
I have a room a the Hilton and the rate is $139/night (that's con rate) for 4 people, in case anyone else wants to know too.
Kumoricon 2016:
currently undecided!

Offline Lylandra76

• Cabbit
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2013, 11:49:59 pm »
I'm paranoid about having a room in the Hilton because my son is coming with me for the first time and this way even when I'm staffing he is in the same hotel as me. Any ways I booked the room three days after last con. Now I just have to call and get the con rate.

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2013, 03:26:34 pm »
Sooooo I'm a staff member. I was going to the convention with one of my roommates, and was going to share a room with her, buy she just told me she didn't think she would be able to go this year. This leaves me pretty much stuck in a room by myself and having to pay for it. I should have financial aid by then, and I should have money saved from working, but in the case that FA isn't happening for me I'd like to be able to pay for a room with money from my part time job. What are some cheaper hotel options near the con space that will allow me to get there in time for my staff duties? (Panels + Karaoke Room)

HELLO, PLEASE CALL ME TACO. C:

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:
Tales of Xillia - Leia Rolando

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2013, 04:25:16 pm »
If the Hilton and Red Lion are out of your price range, there's an EconoLodge only a few blocks away that's cheaper... unfortunately, they're likely to be out of rooms at this point. (If not, be forewarned: Don't settle for one of their smoking-allowed rooms unless you can tolerate an extremely strong smell of acrid, stale smoke that will stick to everything you bring in the room, especially your clothes.)

There's also the option of sharing a room with other attendees or staff - people set up room-sharing threads for attendees all the time in Room & Ride Sharing (https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?board=57.0), and it's probably about time for someone to set up a 2013 thread in the staff area of the forum for staff room-matching.

Offline xXthatcrazychickXx

• Cabbit
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2013, 01:43:38 pm »
Good to hear I mean I live only 40 minutes away but sometimes its nice to stay at the hotel the convention is at :-)
I live an hour and forty five minutes away lol.

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2013, 10:06:00 am »
Well, for me anyway all's well in the Kumioricon woods again. Yesterday I got my hotel rooms set up. I've got the little e-mail from the Vancouver Hilton letting me know that it's all done. So now I can get back to life. -Sigh- Life is good.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:17:55 am by Animeman73 »
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Tacosu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2013, 10:50:22 am »
If the Hilton and Red Lion are out of your price range, there's an EconoLodge only a few blocks away that's cheaper... unfortunately, they're likely to be out of rooms at this point. (If not, be forewarned: Don't settle for one of their smoking-allowed rooms unless you can tolerate an extremely strong smell of acrid, stale smoke that will stick to everything you bring in the room, especially your clothes.)

There's also the option of sharing a room with other attendees or staff - people set up room-sharing threads for attendees all the time in Room & Ride Sharing (https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?board=57.0), and it's probably about time for someone to set up a 2013 thread in the staff area of the forum for staff room-matching.

thank you so much for the advice! I was able to find a really nice roommate on the staff through that little subforum and so things are all fine and dandy again! :D

HELLO, PLEASE CALL ME TACO. C:

COSPLAYS FOR 2013:
Tales of Xillia - Leia Rolando