Author Topic: Fighting Dreamers Pro at Kcon 2013?  (Read 3721 times)

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
Fighting Dreamers Pro at Kcon 2013?
« on: January 17, 2013, 10:20:48 pm »
Has anyone thought of inviting them? I think it would be really cool to get them to come as our guest cosplayer group and have them do some panels. They are pretty awesome.
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)
Stay tuned for more information at a later date.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
Re: Fighting Dreamers Pro at Kcon 2013?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:24:12 pm »
I invited them last year, but they went to a con in England (I think) instead. They were here in 2009 I believe, and they said they would love to come again if they got the chance.

Offline Spitfire

• Oni
    • dA
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:25:18 pm »
Oh! I defiantly second this! That group is amazing!
Kumoricon 2013: Spitfire (Airgear), Revolutionary!England (Hetalia), Fem!lock (BBC Sherlock)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 10:46:14 pm »
I have no idea what that is, but I'm sure there will be a thread for guest recommendations soon.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 10:38:57 am »
I have no idea what that is, but I'm sure there will be a thread for guest recommendations soon.

Fighting Dreamers is one of the best cosplay groups to ever exist (IMO). I only mention it here because their schedule fills up very quickly with cons for the year, and there was no thread to post this in. I know they have been at Kcon before (the first yr I came actually).
2013 (in the works): Soi Fong (Bleach), Faith (Mirrors Edge), Agito/Akito (Air Gear)

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 08:15:09 pm »
I would also recommend InnerMindTheatre.

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 01:47:29 am »
They came a few years ago when it was at the Portland Hilton, and I don't think they were too impressed by that particular venue. But I think they spoke of being interested in attending again in the future. I'd LOVE to see them back again.

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 12:33:20 am »
Yeah, I was there that year, it was my first year (maybe second) and I wasn't impressed with it either. I think they would like it now that it's more efficient and we have more room. Thing is, I don't know how far in advance we have to ask them cause it seems like their schedule fills up pretty quickly.

Offline Teddy_Bearxx

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 04:39:10 pm »
I can message them again if you would like. See if they would be interested.

Offline Sui Fong

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 02:17:07 pm »
I can message them again if you would like. See if they would be interested.
I didn't do that myself because I didn't know if 1. They already had a cosplay group coming and 2. If the group wanted an official invite from k-con itself.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 07:58:03 pm »
As I understand it, the relations department HAS to do the inviting.  I don't recall if there were and laws pertaining to this, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was something.  What you can do is this: if you have the contact information for anyone that you think might make for a guest at the con, give the relations department their contact info; they will handle the details, which includes a contract (hence I am sure that there are laws around this very subject).

I personally don't understand the thrill of "celebritizing" cosplay groups, but that's in addition to the fun of conventions.  The wider variety one has, the wider the audience it can draw.  Honestly, if a con JUST had voice actors, it'd probably get boring, even for someone like me who prefers to meet them over fellow fans who are "famous" for being fans.

If you'd like, the email is relations@kumoricon.org .  Good luck!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh