Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in attending a Doujinshi Panel? (2014/2015)  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
Hey, everyone!

I was thinking about running a panel someday, not sure if I'd put in a form for next year or in 2015, but it sounds like a fun idea to me.

The panel would be about teaching people how to buy doujinshi; how to budget and the different ways of buying them. (Besides Ebay!)

I just know that it's common for fans to buy doujinshi on Ebay or from anime conventions, and for the default expensive prices...so, I thought an educational panel might be kind of handy.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:54:46 pm by Valkyrie542 »
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline mekakamiyama

• Oni
Re: Would anyone be interested in attending a Doujinshi Panel?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 04:04:28 pm »
I'm interested. I collect art books, manga, art prints, but I don't know how to get good prices on doujin. Can you give me some advice?

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 04:24:08 pm »
So I'm a little ignorant on the topic of doujinshi.

Is doujinshi sort of a blanket term for fan-created manga? I see the term often used for fan-created hentai manga where the characters are not their own creations.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 02:04:04 pm »
Yeah, I think "doujinshi" is the blanket term of "fan-manga", similar to "fanfics". It's characters from a series that someone's drawn either in an Alternate Universe, or in the same universe as a fan-omake.

I've actually got a few manga titles that have doujinshi's, but they're from the original creator of the manga- but they're so far from being just a plain omake, that they've been titled doujinshi's.

My problem I encounter with these is that I kind of want to read them before buying them, and 99% of them don't seem to function like that.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 10:54:23 pm »
I'm interested. I collect art books, manga, art prints, but I don't know how to get good prices on doujin. Can you give me some advice?

Whenever I get to running the panel (which will probably be in 2014 or 2015, I'm not sure), I plan on helping people how to find the best prices for doujinshi and whether or not the price for it is worth it. Also, I'll let people know where to find them besides cons and Ebay! ^^
I don't know if I'll actually go into the history of doujinshi, that might take up way too much of the panel's time and it defeats the original purpose.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 10:58:53 pm »
So I'm a little ignorant on the topic of doujinshi.

Is doujinshi sort of a blanket term for fan-created manga? I see the term often used for fan-created hentai manga where the characters are not their own creations.

Doujinshi's are fanbooks (comics drawn by fans of particular anime, manga, video games, etc.). ^^
It doesn't always have to be yaoi/yuri or hentai doujinshi, there's some "Gag" (comedy/spoof) ones too.
If you go onto sites like Ebay and look up doujinshi, there will be a LOT to choose from; but they're always so expensive when they're imported here - this panel will help people buy doujinshi more efficiently.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!