Author Topic: ~Gamers and Costumes and DJs - Oh My!~  (Read 3762 times)

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« on: December 30, 2012, 06:18:15 pm »
This is an event, the name is probably still up in the air. It will be held at Mt Tabor Lounge, and the Date is Locked down for February 24th! Doors open at 6:30pm - events start at 7Pm and run till 1 am!

THERE IS NO DOOR FEE - This is a Free to enter event! Enjoy a night of Tournaments, Contests, Gaming and Costumes - for free!

We are looking for Gamers and Cosplayers, people 21+ interested in enjoying a night of games and cosplay, at an amazing Venue. The Cosplay Contest will be just for fun, no prizes as of this point - as this is a first time event.

Confirmed Prizes for Game Tournament!
1st Place MvC3 - 50 Gamestop Gift Card
1st Place SF4 - 50 Gamestop Gift Card

This will be at a 21+ Venue, IDs are required. There will be two Game Tournaments to choose from. We will be having a Marvel Vs Capcom Three Ultimate Edition, and a Street Fighter Four Arcade Edition.(Provided by a friend of mine, and we will be using Arcade controllers for both games, I believe. Bring your own Arcade stick, if you feel particular about using yours.

We only have openings for about 16 players for each game. We will also have retro game consoles available on the sides of the room - four consoles in total, with a selection of games for each. These are items on loan, so please treat them nicely (I think that's a reasonably fair request).

For the Gamin Tournament this will be a two players in, three round system. Winner advances to next level of the circuit. I'm sorry we do not have a losers bracket, but this is a first time event and we don't want to bite off more then we can chew. You can sign up for the tournament via contacting me here, or showing up. We will have walk in entries available, but those positions may be very few.

For the Cosplay Contest we will have FOUR entry positions, for your consideration. You can show up and enter in with a simple form, and the winner is chosen by the crowd. The four entry positions are - Best Overall (This will be composed of the three winners from the other contests) - Best Homemade Costume (You have made this yourself) - Best Storebought (Meaning online, paid someone else to make. Please do not put a storebought in the Homemade, we want proper recognition given to the creators) - Best Closet Cosplay (Meaning, you happened to have things in your closet that could be thrown together into an awesome Cosplay). Please note that PROP WEAPONS will NOT be allowed, it is not a large venue, and we do not have properly trained Peacebonding staff - as of this time.

This is /not/ a Large event, the max amount of people we can fit into the event are about 80, so if you have an interest get in touch. We will be working on getting Ticket Sales set up, as soon as we set the date. The Location /is/ in Portland, and has never done something like this before.

IF you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you want to participate in either of the three events happening, please feel free to leave a message here.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:20:38 pm by IrukaSensei »
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline Chef McM

• Oni
Re: ~Gamers and Costumes and DJs - Oh My!~
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 04:02:16 pm »
This sounds promising.  I often wish there were more anime/game events for older fans, so this might fit the bill.  I don't play fighters very much, so I am not as interested in joining a tournament unless these are a more casual level of play or unless you decide to include some games from other genres.  Any ways, I'll keep an eye out here for more info. 

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 07:04:39 pm »
Hello Chef McM! There is Cosplay Contests available, as well as Retro Game consoles to play. Between the fighting tournaments, and when the Cosplay contest isn't going on, there will be free play of the two Tournament games. Casual play, just for fun.
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 02:06:04 am »
Update on the time!

Date will be thoroughly locked down once I am done finalizing the DJ schedule, and the schedules for everything else. Please note that venue will be released as soon as we have the final lock down! Keep tuned for updates! There is also a Facebook page for this at : http://www.facebook.com/events/329917120454997/
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 03:50:36 pm »
Update! Prize lock down for the Game Tournaments, each 1st place winner will receive a 50$ Gamestop Gift Card
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline maydrock

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 04:36:07 pm »
are you going to do this yearly because i would love to go but i'm only 20

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 08:49:38 pm »
Event Date LOCKED DOWN! It will be after the last day of the Wizard World Comic Con! Keep your eyes peeled for the rest of the revealed details. Figuring out last details, and then Venue will be released!
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 01:21:58 pm »
Gamers and Cosplayers alike! The Venue has been released! Come enjoy this night of amazing fun!

This is only the first of many, of this event! So get in early, and you will get to experience a night of fun unlike any other! Game Tournaments, Cosplay Contests, and Live music! All custom crafted for our community! All for YOU! The 21+ community of our glorious fanbase! Please come and have fun, buy some drinks - and enjoy yourselves!

2015 Cosplay Lineup