Author Topic: Csoplay Ask Blog (Questions)  (Read 1666 times)

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
Csoplay Ask Blog (Questions)
« on: December 09, 2012, 11:41:04 pm »
So, I started an ask blog on tumblr a little while back, and while it's been pretty fun (despite how slow it's been lately), I still haven't posted any reaction pics/GIFs of myself in my cosplay, despite having finally finished said cosplay. Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's either because of nervousness or the fact that I'd be seeing more of my face (which I'm just not a fan of, you know? I mean, I don't think my face looks bad, but after 22 years of looking at it, it's gotten kind of boring...). So, could anyone try to help me out some with this? You know, maybe what to do if you also run a cosplay ask blog, or maybe how to deal with seeing yourself constantly, or... well, whatever else you can think of that might be able to help, I guess.

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
Re: Csoplay Ask Blog (Questions)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 07:29:01 pm »
I also have a cosplay ask blog on Tumblr. :P  I was kind of nervous about uploading gifs and my face at first, too.  But I decided that it would be much more fun to make gifs of myself, even if I didn't like how I look.  I have actually gotten lots of compliments on Tumblr since I started posting gifs. ^^

Sorry if that doesn't help.... I don't think I answered any questions. >.> But if you have any other questions, feel free to ask me!
Cosplay ideas for KumoriCon 2014:
Historia Reiss/Christa Renz - Shingeki no Kyojin
Levi - Shingeki no Kyojin
Shion - No. 6

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 11:11:40 pm »
Well, it is good to know that you received good feedback. :) I guess I'm just a bit nervous about cosplaying by myself. I mean, I normally cosplay in gatherings with friends and other cosplayers, so just getting into my cosplay and into character by myself in my room feels a bit odd... Also, how do you make GIFs? I've heard of a few different ways from a few different people, but what's your method?

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 05:40:15 pm »
Ah, I see.

For the gifs, I use gifpal.com.  It explains how to go about creating and saving the gifs, too.   After I have finished making and saving a gif, I upload it to tinypic.com.  If you try to upload it directly to Tumblr, it will upload it as a picture instead of a gif.  When I have the html code for the gif (that has been generated by tinypic.com), I use the "text post" option on Tumblr, not the "picture post", if that makes any sense... :/  If you look at all of the buttons and options when making a post, you will see a button that says "html" on it.  Click it, and it will show you the html code for the post.  Now, paste the html code for the gif in this section, and click "Update".  Now it should show the gif where you are typing your post, and you can add whatever caption you want. ^^ 

I'm sorry if this doesn't make sense... Tumblr is down right now, so I am explaining this from memory. >.< Please ask if you have any questions! :)
Shion - No. 6

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 07:06:32 pm »
Alright, I gave the website a try, and it seems like a pretty good way to create GIFs. Granted, I'm not ready just yet to make my cosplay GIFs, but I've bookmarked the site for later use. Thanks! (And yes, I know that you can use Text posts to post images. :3)

So, in regards to posting pictures of yourself and all that, what are your thoughts on the matter? I mean, are you comfortable with yourself, or is it a matter of tricking yourself into thinking you're comfortable with yourself, or...? (Sorry if I'm not making any sense...)

Offline Kdskc

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 08:27:09 pm »
No, no. I think I know what you mean. 

Usually, I'm pretty comfortable with it.  However, at first I wasn't as much... I guess I just got used to posting pictures/gifs of myself. :P  Even if I think I look goofy sometimes, people still like and repost my gifs, so I guess it's alright.  Haha.  I suppose I use that knowledge to sort of "trick" myself into being more comfortable...
Shion - No. 6