Author Topic: homestuck cosplay at con experiances  (Read 2781 times)

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
homestuck cosplay at con experiances
« on: November 23, 2012, 02:57:15 pm »
so i've been into homestuck for a while and i have a couple costumes finished from homestuck.
1 issue
i am very nervous about cosplaying homestuck to conventions because right now i know its still pretty big. i also have been witness to more than one bad happening at a con having to do with the fandom.... -people being glomped and horns breaking-people trying to force unwanted kissing on others-other physical issues-etc.-i know most of this has to do with 'the con crazyness' because outside of con i've never seen problems with homestuckies

so i'd like to know from people who've first hand cosplayed homestuck to a convention what its like.
example: at cons definatly watch out for the glomp of death and if you're too tall you should duck under doors so your horns dont get caught (i am 6'1" i have potential to having that problem if my horns are over 3 inches)

so i'd like to hear from people who've witnessed/experianced the good or bad of homestuck at a con
*note-i've only cosplayed homestuck to the meets in portland and i really think their a good nice group of people but of course people get a bit crazy when con time comes around..... so i'd just like to hear peoples oppinions on this to help me be alot less nervous about it

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
Re: homestuck cosplay at con experiances
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 04:56:06 pm »
From my experience most people seem generally nice.
Sticking around people you know would be a good idea if youre worried.
The homestuck group of the con is huge but relatively friendly. Ive had people approach me and just talk to me. Which made me feel special. I, myself, have never seen anything worse than just a few people just being obnoxious from maybe honking and then a couple rude people, but nothing super serious. If something does happen it should be reported to the kcon staff.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 05:03:11 pm by kit2kit »
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline stencilSparkler

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 05:24:44 pm »
from what i can remember atm, everyone there was pretty friendly. (my horn broke one year but that was entirely my fault). everyone i talked to was super friendly, people always asked for hugs and pictures, etc. theres always going to be a few hyper people in the crowd, so it might be good to go in a group anyways, but i personally havent had any bad experiences.
kcon 2012: trickster rose lalonde (homestuck)

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 06:14:03 pm »
thank you guys thats really helped me be a bit more confident over this >though i need to edit my costume lineup im not doing trickster anymore but im still doing homestuck cosplay<

i've had friends who've had bad problems at con so i've been a bit nervous about it, i think yes it'll be best if i stick to the group of people i know my first time.

thanks guys this was really helpful c:
and more storys are welcome

Offline kittyhumaniod

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 11:04:40 am »
I wasn't cosplaying any Homestuck characters last year (sadly), but I did hang out with the group. Everyone was reallynice, and most of the people to out their energy in the form of dance numbers. Good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFygfLrHD_U

Offline prussia

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 02:25:12 pm »
thanks guys c: you've really helped me get up the courage to plan this out. and im now nearly 100% sure i'll be doing homestuck cons now

thank you all for sharing your experiances! X3