Author Topic: Brief Meeting Notes  (Read 8508 times)

Offline Stiffler

• Sailor Scout
    • http://24.20.135.157
Brief Meeting Notes
« on: May 23, 2004, 08:53:54 pm »
These are no where near complete, I know I'm going to forget something.

First we met at Starbucks *cough* ...after everybody had arrived we began with the talking ( dont remember who spoke first, started with a "C")Anyways...then we got to Zac's industry speech. He talked about how he waas gathering a list of potential company's to aid our con. Then we talked about programming. Peter talked about....um....programming stuff...whoever remembers, please fill in my "Um's", thanks. After that we talked about guest's, then gaming....that didn't go very far. After that we finished with some small talk, after everybody finished their coffee, we gathered for the hotel tour. We have tons of space! The layout of what we have is excellent for all the stuff we want to do...Good Times!
We tested radio's for range, we talked about what we saw. Then everybody left..I was confused. Also Frodo saw the "Cool thingy" *waves*

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 08:57:49 pm »
Cool thing! ^.^

/me waves at the cool thing

How did the radio test go? (I had to leave for Seattle before the hotel walk through, but I stayed there that night, and I have a pretty good feel for the place.)
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 08:59:32 pm »
*grins*  yes we "met" at starbucks if by that u mean some of us showed up around 2:20 and no one was to be found so we searched up to the mariot and back down and finally located u in the park LOL. (thanks goes out to those who assited in that).  I missed most of the good stuff BUT I got a great tour of the hotel, love the layout.  I mentioned a few ideas on the LAN and GAME rooms and we will see how that goes :)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 12:35:07 am »
We met "near" Starbucks.
We all know that we never did anything inside.
I think we owe anyone who completely missed us an apology. If you tried to go to the meeting and you didn't see us there or outside at the park down the street, we're very sorry.
I'm especially sorry if you're the girl in the grey sweater who walked off slowly, I woulda yelled but I didn't want to "freak the mundanes".

The meeting wasn't really that "productive" per se. All us volunteer people from Portland just sat around and listened. It seemed to be more geared towards the visiting Sakuracon refugees. No problem with that..........
No problem other than NO FLYERS!
You guys have adress' now so that'll be taken care of soon.

Hey, I know! Why don't we start listing places we're going to be dropping flyers off at so that we don't waste time canvassing the same spots!
I'll be going to Rainy Day Games, Ancient Wonders (in Tualitin), Things From Another World in Beaverton, Animenia (in Beaverton), and Uwajimaya.
I can not bother the good people at Uwajimaya if you guys have already contacted them about exhibiting. Hmmm..... they'd be perfect for running a snack booth......

Anyway, it was good to talk to people more and see the space we'll be working with. The fifth floor has delightful balconies for leaping to your doom upon (just kidding! Don't ban me!).

I hate to quote myself but I was really proud of my "Your Quatre's named Duo?" joke. It was the best thing I heard at the meeting until Stiffler told me I'm his hero.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 05:23:15 am »
Once I get flyers (my college lets me print 20 pages of black and white at a time for free ^.^ ) I'll leave some at the Suncoast in downtown Seattle (depending if they've stopped carrying illegal Hong Kong DVD's.  If they still have those I'll probably chew them out and not leave flyers, it would reflect badly upon Kumori Con to advertise there.) Uwajimaya and Kinokuniya in Seattle, and, of course, my college campus. ^.^

So get the flyers up please. ^.^

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 08:24:51 am »
the radio test went as expected.  the 2 mile range Motorolas worked, but not much beyond the 3rd floor, and they got a little crackly in the elevators.  the 5 miles worked great... even from the 16th floor down to LL2 they sounded great.  

So, yeah... any more on this should probably be in the staff forums.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 08:32:30 am »
Oh good.  That means I can 'patrol' up to my room quickly while on shift and change costumes without losing contact with the main office. ^.^

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 12:29:41 am »
Suncoast! Ahhh..... I'd forgotten them!
I'll be going to Washington Square and Lloyd Center.
Let's see......
http://208.5.55.245/suncoast/ZIPSearchController?ZIP=97116&submit.x=21&submit.y=10

Their site has one in Vancouver Mall, one in Salem, and another in Clackamas Town Center.

We have somebody in Salem right?
And Stiffler's pals could stop by Clackamas couldn't you?
Yeah, I'm sure that'll work out......

So I'll need flyers for a total of.....
Uwajimaya
Things From Another World
Rainy Day Games
Ancient Wonders
Bridgetown Games
Animenia
Lloyd Center Suncoast
Washington Square Suncoast
.......and maybe some others depending on what you want gaming to refer to.

All the names I heard dropped sounded like Penny arcade advertisers to me. So should I be dropping by the Electronic Boutiques and Game Crazys?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 05:25:29 am »
That's right, all of the electronic centers!

I'll have to make it by Fry's Electronics sometime and paper them too. ^.^

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 02:15:40 pm »
...on the flyer notice.. (don't know if this has been suggested or not) I think we should have flyers on the compture that we can print at home too, to post around our local town and whereever we travel....  I know I'm going to hit all the Sam Goody's in my area for sure =^.^= and most likely the bookstores that sell manga.... oh yah and for sure my public library! xD  ok yah...
Sweet Times

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 02:43:04 pm »
yes, that will be something that happens.  

be patient.  =)
-Staze
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 03:43:32 pm »
PATIENT!?

You do know who you're talking to right?
I'm having a hard time sitting still and you ask for patience?

.........then again, the 4 DVDs of Excel Saga I've just finished and the Mt. Dew might be the cause of my inability to stay patient and timely but I suppose that just mean that I should quit ripping of Excel's run-on sentences and end the post!

Sorry!
Hope to get them soon!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 04:29:06 pm »
You aren't ripping off Excel's run on sentences, because there are spaces in between the words you're typing...

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 07:39:27 pm »
Really?
I'm sorry, I should've watched the subtitles!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline r0tt3n

• Oni
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2004, 11:39:16 am »
I would want to bring flyers to Just Be Toys and also to Backspace.  All i need is one flyer and i can make copies of my own to pass around.
eat a vegan

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 01:30:00 pm »
those should be up this week.  they will be a black and white, 8.5x11 flyer with the prereg form attached.... so if people want to print out like 20, they can drop them off somewhere had people can register that way if they want... or hit the site and go from there.
-Staze

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
Paperpaper!
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 08:29:27 pm »
Heee....

Okies-- Since I seem to be one of the few from my area, is there any way I could get some fliers so that I can plaster my towns with them?  I'd be happy to meet somebody somewhere just to get one or something...?  

Is there going to be another meeting before the con?

-ko

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 09:46:02 pm »
Supposedly there's going to be a meeting in July and then 2 in August. There's more meetings, but they're in Eugene, where most of the staff lives.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Darken

• Cabbit
flyers
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2004, 12:32:08 pm »
hey, could you send me a copy in email?  i would like to help send them
around. :)

ummm u guys need to get admin or host to fix time ^and date

Offline YariChuu

• Sailor Scout
Stores
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2004, 09:06:03 am »
x_x;; weh.. i want to put flyers somewhere...o.o Anyone doing the (former) Beaverton Mall Sanrio, if they still have it? And i have a tiny comic book / RPG shop by my house...They don't sell anime stuff, but most the folks who go there probably have some sort of association with anime. o.o I bought my D&D crap there. And why not Borders? They have a big manga section...Should i try these?
No No Four times no I'm not your daughter!

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Brief Meeting Notes
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2004, 09:47:58 am »
Those are all great places to try.  Usually a fair amount of attendeat a convention have never been to one before, so it's best to try places where you might reach people who have an interest in anime, but might not be full on otaku, yet.
~Sean Larson~

Offline YariChuu

• Sailor Scout
Yeshm!
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2004, 10:13:53 am »
*salute* Righ suh! I'll do my best! =D
No No Four times no I'm not your daughter!