Poll

Have you had a bad time ordering wigs from Cosplay.com?

YES! F@#$!! I still haven't gotten it!
2 (15.4%)
Yes. I got my wig... eventually.
1 (7.7%)
Yup! No problem here!
1 (7.7%)
Never tried.
6 (46.2%)
Pssh, everyone knows not to order from that crappy site.
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Anyone else having trouble with Cosplay.com Wigs  (Read 1968 times)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Anyone else having trouble with Cosplay.com Wigs
« on: September 29, 2012, 09:15:00 am »
Hey, all. I ordered a wig from Cosplay.com (also known as Cosworx) in August, and I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN IT. I have emailed them twice with no reply, and double checked my ordering address many times with no typos or wrong info. I HEARTILY DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SITE AS IT SUCKS DIRTY, GRODY MONKEY BALLS.

Anyways, I'm wondering if you guys have ever had a problem, are having a problem, or what the deal is. I want my money back more than anything so if you guys also have any advice with that, I'd LOVE to hear it.

Thanks, all.

-Lychee
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline princessmoon

• Catgirl
    • Instagram: 10g10k
Re: Anyone else having trouble with Cosplay.com Wigs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 02:48:44 pm »
Sorry to hear about your experience :( I've never bought from them, but I do remember Boogiepop had mentioned something in this review thread: https://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=14753.0

I mainly buy from eBay and they've been decent for my cosplays. Hope things work out for you!
And so it begins...

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 06:28:49 pm »
Hi that sucks

When you bought it did you use you debit card? do you have any emails about the order? Often the money isn't taken out until its beenshipped
so that right there is fishy to me.

I suggest gathering any and all data you have and write a letter explaining about your order, include the date bank statments if you have them and copies of all you emails asking abou the shipment and how you have never gotten a responce back, email them one last time stating that if you don't get a responce you are going to seek legal advice.

Then call your bank ask to dispute the payment and send them all the info.

I had to do this once when I was double billed.  Took like 3 months but I got my money back
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 06:48:33 am »
I'm super sorry 'bout that. ):
I've heard nasty things about their wigs (shipping wise). I hope you get it eventually. (:
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 07:51:51 pm »
Why you would buy from them is beyond me, the entire site has had problems with customer service, shipping and service in general for at least four years if not longer. I've heard nothing but horror stories about them. I would sooner order wigs from china through gmail than I would order from coscom shopping.

If you still can, open a paypal dispute. if you can't do that, call your bank and dispute the charge for the wig(s) if coscom shopping has already charged you. The entire site is just one step above a complete scam. It's unfortunate that you had to find that out the hard way.

Offline Ino13

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 01:40:13 pm »
I would call them. I had a problem like that before and called them up to figure out what was wrong. They told me that the wig was out of stock (even though it said that it was in stock) and that they were going to ship my order out later that week.
Tell them your order number and what the problem is. They should give you a straight answer. If the wig doesn't show up the day they tell you, call them up again.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2015!
Kano Shuuya - Kagerou Project/Mekaku City Actors (100%)
Castiel - Supernatural (100%)
Ruby - RWBY (0%)
Gold (with goggles) - Pokemon Adevntures/Special (100%)

Offline nekovamp13

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 02:39:24 pm »
I ordered a wig from there, because my customer wanted me to, and I didn't really have a problem. It did take longer than I wanted for it to come, but it still came within a month.

But yeah, I never liked that site. Between the high price and just not liking the colors or quality of the wigs, I stay away from it as much as possible.
~Sakuracon/Kumoricon 2014~
King Candy (Sugar Rush)
Dot (Animaniacs)
Ice King (Adventure Time)
Beetlejuice (Animated Series)
Cosmo (FOP)
Octodad (Octodad)

https://www.facebook.com/smilingmooncosplay

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 02:28:30 pm »
One of my friends ordered two wigs from them in late July /early August. She tried emailing and contacting them several different ways. As soon as she contacted PayPal and informed Cosworx of her doing so for a return of money, they did get back to her and the wigs arrived before Kumori con (maybe a week ahead).

I'd highly suggest calling them and putting a claim in to PayPal. Cosworx usually is good, but I believe they have been doing relocation or restocking some of their items. *shrugs* I haven't bought from them in years, but the last two times I did, the wig arrived within 4-6 weeks no problem.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)