Author Topic: Sword Art Online 2013  (Read 173118 times)

Offline Karu

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart
Re: Sword Art Online 2013
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2013, 05:41:22 am »
So, basically, I'm hearing for day two on the shoot. Which would be awesome, since I have a Madoka Magica shoot to be at the following day. ><
2015 Cosplay List~!
Serah Farron-FFXIII-2
Kirin Armor-Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Marielle-Log Horizon

Badge Name: Itaksuke

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2013, 02:19:09 am »
yeah... I just noticed that too azura lol
You should run it, just in case if the person doesn't start posting next month. JUST in case XD

I'll have to check the scheduling once it's 100%. But I think I may not even come to the shoot anymore, because my funds for my Asuna outfit are no more :( my job fired me for a misunderstanding, and they are trying to rehire me at another of their locations atm, but I haven't worked in over 2 weeks... Me and my husband are having issues sooo heh may not be able to attend with any cosplays other than my wig for Asuna that I have XD I could just do casual Undine Asuna >3> which nobody sees in the anime XD

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2013, 11:17:54 am »
ok i will. I doubt they'll care even if they do come back, being gone that long, its only natural we'd get someone else to do it.
DA:http://azuraschampion.deviantart.com/
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014, days may change
Day 0: Tifa Lockhart
Day 1: Ruby Rose
Day 2: Mother's Rosario Kirito/ Erza Scarlet
Day 3: Kuroyukihime/ Tifa Lockhart/ Secret cosplay
Day 4: Erza Scarlet

Offline Shotalicious

• Cabbit
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2013, 04:12:17 pm »
Just make sure you know where the place is, since this is your first year and all, don't want a leader who doesn't know where they are.

a search party for a popular character would get a little ridiculous too.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2013, 06:27:48 pm »
lol I think Azura should be fine lol XD it's not that hard to find the photoshoot locations XD unlike when we were in dowtown P x.x

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2013, 08:28:20 pm »
yeah ill be able to find it. First thing im gonna do on friday when we arrive is go make sure i know where it is.

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2013, 09:44:31 pm »
The clock tower is hideously easy to find, it is literally across the street from the front of the Hilton there. If you do a google maps street view when viewing the Hilton, you can turn the screen 180 degrees and see the clock tower in the park right there. :)

Offline Shotalicious

• Cabbit
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2013, 11:21:09 pm »
Wait wait wait... Have we even decided on the location yet?

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2013, 02:06:53 am »
yeah about a week or 2 ago. The clocktower in the park, 1 pm.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2013, 10:06:00 pm »
Hey, so since i went and got all the SAO songs, i thought id bring them, and hook it up to my friends speakers hes bringing so we can enjoy some music at the shoot.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2013, 10:35:08 pm »
Thanks for asking first..lol

No I'm kidding you can.
I don't know if the kh or Square stuff will interfere with this though so if it does I guess I'll miss it so don't break it lol

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2013, 11:59:28 pm »
i did ask.. while you were over at my house, remember?

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2013, 09:53:43 pm »
Hey, so since i went and got all the SAO songs, i thought id bring them, and hook it up to my friends speakers hes bringing so we can enjoy some music at the shoot.

That seems really sweet, that'll make for some nice atmosphere for the shoot. I was thinking of visiting the Attack on Titan photoshoot on Saturday and doing the same thing, since their Season 1 opener is just about the most epic anime music ever. :)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2013, 10:27:15 pm »
Eh, I don't remember you asking..Maybe you meant to, didn't, and thought you did..Idk..Doesn't matter anyway, I already said you can on here lol Plus, Doe's Square stuff is all day 1, so day 2 is open all day untill the Madoka night shoot.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2013, 06:45:49 am »
With the schedule out it looks like I may or may not be able to make it because of the cosplay contest. /:
I hope I can make it in time, but I don't know when pre-judging is or when I would need to get into my costume. /:
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2013, 02:03:24 pm »
From the looks of the schedule, judging starts at 11 am on Sunday, so we can only hope you are able to be judged early on in the process so that you can get on over to the photoshoot. We'll just have to see what happens!

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2013, 02:59:31 pm »
oh damn, thats too bad. Isnt that the time we had set for our private photoshoot? Id think judging would finish by 1 though.Hope you can make it to this.  We'll probably have to reschedule the private photoshoot though.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2013, 08:08:06 pm »
Our private shoot is fine Kevin. (:

I'm hoping that after our shoot I can change, get judged then change back to Asuna and come to the shoot.
The only thing is I don't know when I need to be there before the contest considering seating starts at 3 and I would think they would want us there before then.
We'll see once I get more info about the contest. (:
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2013, 10:08:34 pm »
Ok good. Who are you entering the cosplay contest with?

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2013, 07:55:53 am »
My friend WinryRockbell27. (:

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2013, 10:19:01 am »
oh no, what i meant was, which character are you entering it with?

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2013, 11:44:11 am »
Ohhh! Sakura from Tsubasa! (:

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2013, 02:34:28 pm »
Oh cool. Good luck!

Offline stormmink

• Oni
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2013, 05:18:35 pm »
Hello! Do we have a Silica yet? I'm going to hopefully finish my Silica for Kumoricon, so I would love to go to the shoot!

The clock tower at 1pm right? Just making sure since there's a lot of posts up there owo

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
    • My no-frills SAO/fanfic/language-geek page
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2013, 05:52:29 pm »
I'm not going to have a costume ready for this con, but I am definitely up for just hanging out with other SAO fans, particularly since I don't know anyone at Kumoricon. Bonus if you read or write fanfic, are familiar with the LNs, or are just on a hunt for merch. XD

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2013, 08:05:37 pm »
Nope no Silica yet! Ill be glad to have both of you. Especially you, Amezuki, since ive never met anyone else in person thats read the light novels. Ill finally have someone to talk to about them. As for merch, ive probably got one of the biggest SAO collections in the US, and im always looking for more cool stuff. And i have SAO cards ill be passing out to everyone that comes to this so look forward to that.

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2013, 08:54:35 pm »
Awesome, yes, let's chat. XD I'm not quite fluent enough to read the original LNs unaided, but I've read all the translations and done a tremendous amount of research for fic. For what it's worth, I've worked in IT all my life, played MMOs both solo and in an endgame raiding guild, and have some game development experience--so I've certainly got no shortage of SAO-related perspectives to discuss with people. XD

Speaking of fic, anyone else read or write SAO fanfic?

Anyway, I'm trying to get Friday off (likely) so I'll probably be driving down from the Seattle area early Friday, getting checked in (across the water), and then driving (or, if I can find people, carpooling) over to the con hotel. I'm not going to want to commute back and forth to my hotel a lot so I'll probably be spending as much time at the con as possible until Sunday when I head back.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2013, 09:20:22 pm »
Awesome. Yeah, same here, i cant read Japanese well enough to read the LN untranslated, but ive read absolutely everything available SAO related, the side stories and the LN all the way up through 12.
 my MMO experience is limited to Runescape, which i stopped playing around 6 years ago when i was 15, Mabinogi and DFO, and since my friends i play with always lose interest within a month or 2, ive never gotten to endgame, but more than enough to understand everything in SAO.
Im afraid im not much for fanfics, unless they're in keeping with the themes and ideals of the characters and original story, and they rarely are.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:21:10 pm by Azuraschampion »

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2013, 09:40:16 pm »
Oh tell me about it, the average quality level of SAO fics is... not great. It goes with the setting: it's like the perfect universe for people to go "here is my self-insert OC and this is why they are special", because really, anyone in Japan could've been among the 10,000. The SAO section on FFN is flooded with stories like that, which makes it that much harder to find the ones that are truly worth reading.

I do have one ongoing which is reasonably popular, an AU re-imagining of what would've happened if SAO (as in, the death game) had been set in Alfheim rather than Aincrad, with the different factions having to compete for who clears the game first. Should anyone get curious: http://ayashi.net/foo/sao/

I still need to catch up on the last volume or so of Alicization, but other than that I'm right there with you. I never played those games, but I spent a lot of years in EQ2, a few of which were spent raiding three times a week all evening. That was fun, but never again. XD

I'm afraid my collection of SAO merch is woefully, painfully small. My favorite is probably my «Immortal Object» t-shirt, which I'll probably be wearing if I'm not in a costume, but I also managed to get the convention-exclusive wall scroll autographed by Kawahara when he was at Sakura-Con, which was kind of awesome.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:04:11 pm by Amezuki »

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2013, 09:50:52 pm »
It's awesome that you could join us as Silica, Amezuki. Looking forward to seeing you at the Sunday photoshoot!

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2013, 09:52:31 pm »
What? I think there's been some confusion; I'm not cosplaying Silica. That would be... slightly creepy. XD

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2013, 09:55:03 pm »
Yeah, i got that one and had it signed too, as well as my copy of SAO vol 1. Since he's my favorite author, Sakuracon was amazing for me. I even got to sit right next to him at the SAO concert.
Your fanfic definitely sounds interesting, ill have to read that after im done rereading the LN for character study for my cosplays.
Ive got an idea as to whats going to happen after Alicization id love to discuss with you, but if im right, itll be major spoilers, so ill save that for in person.
Lol, 2 separate posts meb.

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2013, 09:55:25 pm »
Oops my bad I looked at the wrong user name ><

Stormmink, looking forward to seeing ya....

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2013, 10:03:04 pm »

No worries, I only wish I *could* put together any SAO costume in time. I have this one idea, but it revolves around actually crafting a NerveGear helmet prop to wear, and that's an ambitious project that I'm not willing to tackle half-assed.

AC, I just noticed in your sig that you're cosplaying the MR version of Kirito (or some fusion thereof). That is one of my favorites of his avatars. Which elements are you using from each?

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2013, 10:14:10 pm »

No worries, I only wish I *could* put together any SAO costume in time. I have this one idea, but it revolves around actually crafting a NerveGear helmet prop to wear, and that's an ambitious project that I'm not willing to tackle half-assed.

AC, I just noticed in your sig that you're cosplaying the MR version of Kirito (or some fusion thereof). That is one of my favorites of his avatars. Which elements are you using from each?

Yes, that version is gonna be way awesome..I'm the one making the ALO parts of it for him lol
I also made him 2 swords..This one:
http://terrorcommissions.deviantart.com/art/Kirito-s-Sword-from-Sword-Art-online-LN-391105256
And Holy Sword Excalibur, which is almost done.

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2013, 10:25:44 pm »
Oh very nice work. I recognized the profile of the sword immediately even just from the few illustrations there are.

Those two swords will definitely help set this Kirito apart.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2013, 10:46:22 pm »
Yeah, mainly the Only things making it Mothers Rosario are the swords, maybe the hair? Depends on how weird ALO versions hair looks on me. At the length the wig currently is, my sister said it made me look like Zack fair lol. If it still looks weird after jeimi here cuts it to fit, im just going to go with his hair from the mothers rosario version. I wanted to do a complete fusion, with fur around the collar, and removing the armor, but then i got invited to do a private photoshoot with my friend as Titania Asuna, so im keeping it simple.

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2013, 10:53:01 pm »
Yeah the collar fur and the hair are definitely the best features of the MR version. I don't really like the spikiness of the ALO hair that much. But hey, Kirito is Kirito. XD

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2013, 10:58:38 pm »
After that, azura, I can alter it. I have a little fur if you wanna have me add it to the ALO collar.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2013, 11:00:55 pm »
Yeah thats true. Im planning doing a full mothers rosario version for Sakuracon 2015, so quite a ways off, but still. Shouldnt even be that hard or expensive since i already have the swords, so maybe even Akicon 2014.
Ooh yeah, definitely.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2013, 11:05:51 pm »
Yeah thats true. Im planning doing a full mothers rosario version for Sakuracon 2015, so quite a ways off, but still. Shouldnt even be that hard or expensive since i already have the swords, so maybe even Akicon 2014.
Ooh yeah, definitely.

Wait, wait..I said I can do Sinon's ALO avatar remember..Isn't Mother's rosario where she has the Caist Sith Archer avatar? The pic of Excalibur you showed me is HER holding it..Doesn't that make her part of that Arc? If so, I would love to be your Sinon for that.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2013, 11:22:47 pm »
No, thats the Jotunheim raid, About a week or 2 before Mothers Rosario starts, if ive got the the timeline down correctly, which im pretty sure i do. Since he is wearing the same equipment as Mothers Rosario except for Excalibur, its essentially the same version. Like I said Earlier, when im do that version im going to try and get the full raid group together, Kirito, Asuna, Lyfa, Silica, Klein, Lisbeth and Sinon, all in their ALO versions. http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/5/5a/Sword_Art_Online_Vol_08_-_004-005.jpg

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2013, 11:25:54 pm »
Oh, well since it's basically the same thing, and Kirito is wearing the same thing anyway, then I will do that version. I like it better.

Plus, it gives me a reason to wear kitty years

Idk though, that version of Silica is aweful cute lol
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:27:12 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2013, 11:29:26 pm »
Now you're really making me wish I'd gotten anywhere with that Klein costume. Oh well. Maybe Sakura 2014.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2013, 11:33:50 pm »
Yeah, Mothers Rosario is Asuna's story, so even Kirito only appears for a few paragraphs. Speaking of Silica though, I need to get a Pina so i can get an adorable picture of Kirito sleeping with Pina and Yui snuggling with him.
And amezuki, I was looking at the who should i cosplay thread, and i think you might make a good Agil.

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2013, 11:39:14 pm »
You're pulling my leg, right? I'm pale white with long hair, average height and build. I'm like the anti-Agil. XD

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2013, 11:42:55 pm »
Klein might work pretty well if thats the case.  But skin color doesnt make any difference. From the pictures you seemed pretty tall though. You look like one of my friends, and hes 6'3. 

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2013, 11:53:30 pm »
Oh, no way, I'm like five-eight and about 175. It's the suit photo. That actually makes me look my age, whereas I'll be shaving for con and will probably look like a different person 10 years younger. Especially if I end up doing that Tseng we were discussing in that thread.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2013, 12:00:24 am »
Ah. Have you read or watched Accel World by any chance? If not, you should if your a big SAO fan.

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2013, 12:08:17 am »
You know, I tried, I just ended up dropping it mainly because I found the MC fundamentally unlikeable. I might give it another chance sometime. I just have so much anime right now~