Author Topic: Sword Art Online 2013  (Read 173156 times)

Offline Kangetsu

• Sailor Scout
Sword Art Online 2013
« on: September 24, 2012, 04:49:25 pm »
It's time to party up - there's no need to solo Kumoricon in 2013! So let's talk about getting a group going. Who would be interested in joining? And who is on the fence so that I can convince them of the awesomeness that is Sword Art Online? 8D

My wife and I will be going as Kirito and Asuna on one of the days (to be decided!)

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
Re: Sword Art Online 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 04:56:43 pm »
I'm totally going as Kazuto from Sword Art Online. My friend is having my swords custom made both the black and blue-ish white one. I'm very excited to see them finalize before kumoricon. Especially the fact that I don't have to wear a wig anymore because I have naturally black (Well it's dark brown but comes out as black) hair and plan on cutting it short just for this.

I would be very interested in joining 8'D

Offline Cuddlefish

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 05:08:50 pm »
I would be said wife that will be cosplaying Asuna. I was forced to make this response while I'm at work because he wants to sabotage my job. Dun dun duuuuuun~!

In all seriousness though, we're looking forward to cosplaying SAO because we are really enjoying the show and look forward to each new episode. I love all the main cast and supporting cast and think the character designs are great. Yay.

Offline Kangetsu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 05:23:51 pm »
My friend is having my swords custom made both the black and blue-ish white one.

You should get some progress pictures and keep us updated! I'm excited to see other people's work come together. I want to keep updates here as we accomplish things as well. I'm still at the patterning stages for the coat, and looking into getting myself some thermoplastics to work with for armor detailing. I imagine that this is going to be a rather costly costume, but it will be worth it if it's epic. 8D

I was forced to make this response while I'm at work because he wants to sabotage my job. Dun dun duuuuuun~!

Pfft, sabotage. It's for the greater good!

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 05:17:14 pm »
My friend is having my swords custom made both the black and blue-ish white one.

You should get some progress pictures and keep us updated! I'm excited to see other people's work come together. I want to keep updates here as we accomplish things as well. I'm still at the patterning stages for the coat, and looking into getting myself some thermoplastics to work with for armor detailing. I imagine that this is going to be a rather costly costume, but it will be worth it if it's epic. 8D

Lol, hopefully I do! My friend works in the construction major so everything will be in wood. He said he's doing the black one first, but since i told him it won't be needed until Kumoricon, he's taking his time.

You're so lucky that your costume is custom made. I'm buying mine online. xD! I saw a great sale on ebay from a trustable seller that is selling the entire set+sword for like 70$-100$? But the entire set was out of stock currently. v.v;

Offline Kangetsu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 05:04:02 pm »
Lol, hopefully I do! My friend works in the construction major so everything will be in wood. He said he's doing the black one first, but since i told him it won't be needed until Kumoricon, he's taking his time.

You're so lucky that your costume is custom made. I'm buying mine online. xD! I saw a great sale on ebay from a trustable seller that is selling the entire set+sword for like 70$-100$? But the entire set was out of stock currently. v.v;

Given the shape of the blades, wood is a good medium for these. It's not as easy to work with as some other materials, but it's totally worth it when your end result has some weight to it. Maybe not as enjoyable for carrying around a convention all day, but it does lend some authenticity to posing for pictures, since they do have to be properly supported like an actual sword.

And we'll see how our costumes turn out before counting ourselves lucky. I imagine these ones are going to be a bit of a headache, and a costly one at that. But it will be worth it for the experience. That, and I want to make it out of a proper coat material ... so if I'm feeling extra nerdy, I could just wear it outside on a non-con day. XD

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 06:54:47 pm »
I would love to say that I would be cosplaying SAO for Kumo '13, but I'm not. I already decided on my two... But I guess I can make a it a long term project and maybe have it done by Kumo '14(if I'm even going). The question is, though, who should I cosplay?
Not going. Very disappointed. But maybe next time. I'm not entirely sure though.

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 06:53:17 pm »
God, I would die of happiness if someone cosplays these characters from Sword Art Online:

Silicia

Klein

Maybe Suguo... I kind hate/love him. Love his looks, hate who he is. *SHOT*

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 07:10:45 pm »
I could possibly do Silica. It all depends right now for me.
Not going. Very disappointed. But maybe next time. I'm not entirely sure though.

Offline Kangetsu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 05:04:21 pm »
Silica is a pretty win choice as far as characters with fun props go. My wife was pretty tempted to cosplay as her just because it would mean that she'd get to make a Pina, but ultimately went with Asuna after watching the main relationship develop. Although I suppose that doesn't need to stop us from making a Pina anyway... XD

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 05:54:21 pm »
You could totally make Pina. Save me some work there.

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 09:31:54 pm »
Double Post~

I was catching up on my SAO and I was wondering if anyone was going to do ALFheim Online. I'm totally considering it.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 11:05:24 pm »
I may get a Kirito cosplay made. Really, all I need made is the coat, so It shouldn't be hard..I'm planning the version with the Coat of Midnight:

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 10:58:32 am »
My boyfriend and I are thinking Asuna and Kirito but we're not entirely sure (depends on money).

Hopefully we can, though ^_^
KUMORICON 2017
Mikasa Ackerman | Pikachu

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 09:48:29 pm »
My boyfriend and I are thinking Asuna and Kirito but we're not entirely sure (depends on money).

Aw that'd be cute to see. I need to find an Asuna now lol

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 07:12:13 pm »

Ikr?? So hopefully all goes well! And aw, i wish you luck on your Asuna quest! (:
KUMORICON 2017

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 08:45:54 pm »

Ikr?? So hopefully all goes well! And aw, i wish you luck on your Asuna quest! (:
Totally lol if you both do that, I want pictures lol and thank you, I need luck lol

Offline agpgirl

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 10:12:27 pm »

Totally lol if you both do that, I want pictures lol and thank you, I need luck lol

Yessir! And you're welcome : 3
KUMORICON 2017

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 10:21:04 pm »

Yessir! And you're welcome : 3

I may be able to convince my table mate to do a SAO cosplay..If I tell her I'll make it for her I don't see why she would say no lol

Is anyone planning on a photoshoot? If so when, because as you (agpgirl) know, I am gonna be in the AA..as well as the other shoots I wanna attend..I hope some can be later at night....Or really early..You know..Times not interfering with the AA

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 08:53:27 pm »
A possibility I will be cosplaying as Sinon (Gale Gun Online) and my sister will be Yui. :)

Offline CrystophSandpape

• Cabbit
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 01:21:41 pm »
My friend is going as Asuna on the first day.
KUMORICON 2014
Day 0 - Catherine (Catherine)
Day 1 - Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa)
Day 2 - SPOILER CELESTIA (Dangan Ronpa)
Day 3 - Notepad (Don't hug me I'm scared)
Day 4 - Sasha Braus (Attack on Titan)
Kumori Dance - Monomi (SDR2)

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 04:21:07 pm »
Too many people doing the main characters... I'll probably change from Kirito to someone else. XD

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 07:34:32 pm »
@BubbleTea - Yeah. That's usually the case with most new anime. That's why Silica is in my cosplay plans. I usually always try to be a supporting character because then it encourages other people to stray from the mains.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I might be doing Alfheim Online Asuna, but I've changed my mind. I will not be doing Alfheim Asuna, but I would really enjoy it if other people did Alfheim Online. I like those fairies~~

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2012, 05:55:38 pm »
Well I decided now..Like..JUST now..I won't be doing Dual Swoard Kirito..I'll be doing ALO Kirito if anything..No wings though..I can't do them AND get the sword harness on..But that cosplay will be WAY easier to make lol

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 06:44:01 pm »
^lol. The wings AND sword harness would be hard to do all at once. But then again, the wings don't appear all the time like Asuna's. So that's highly convenient.

Offline Karu

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 12:40:08 am »
Lol. SAO is amazing.

My boyfriend and I will be Asuna and Kirito too during the con this year if he gets his butt in gear. xD
2015 Cosplay List~!
Serah Farron-FFXIII-2
Kirin Armor-Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Marielle-Log Horizon

Badge Name: Itaksuke

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 10:29:03 pm »
^lol. The wings AND sword harness would be hard to do all at once. But then again, the wings don't appear all the time like Asuna's. So that's highly convenient.

Yea..Me and another guy I talk to were talking about it, and he is gonna try, but I keep telling him it's impossible..lol I looked at this inside and out, and there is NO way that you can have a sword that covers your back, and wings that come OUT OF that back yet have them so you can have both..I explained to him that the eason they can look like that (other then because it's a freakin cartoon....) is that the wings are not attached to his body. In real life, if we could have the same wings, yes it would be physically possible because the wings float without touching the person. Eh, oh well lol

Offline Syaoran_Sakura.Kinomoto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 07:50:56 pm »

Yea..Me and another guy I talk to were talking about it, and he is gonna try, but I keep telling him it's impossible..lol I looked at this inside and out, and there is NO way that you can have a sword that covers your back, and wings that come OUT OF that back yet have them so you can have both..I explained to him that the eason they can look like that (other then because it's a freakin cartoon....) is that the wings are not attached to his body. In real life, if we could have the same wings, yes it would be physically possible because the wings float without touching the person. Eh, oh well lol
Lol and i'm the other guy xD
oh yea with alot of people cosplaying the same main character i am FUSING the SAO ARC with the ALO ARC and the GGO arc to be different for the single arcs.
Kumoru Con 2013 cosplay plan:
Friday: Secret Police Hacker Kagamine Len
Saturday: Black Rock Shooter (male version)
Sunday: Kagamine Len (Fleeting Moon Flower)
Monday: Secret

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 09:26:42 pm »

Lol and i'm the other guy xD
oh yea with alot of people cosplaying the same main character i am FUSING the SAO ARC with the ALO ARC and the GGO arc to be different for the single arcs.
No sen, though yes we were talking to you that day, I was talking about Jake lol He is doing Spriggan Kirito remember? That's only for Sakuracon though I don;t think he's coming to Kumori..
Anyway, Before I asked for your AIM, I was explaining the wigs to him, then after you left the convo we talked about it more lol..That's what I was talking about..Anyway, I got my sword going..I forgot to say here (I've been talking about it on coscom so, Sen, you may have seen it..
Anyway, here is so far:
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/RazorXCore_2006/kiritosword3_zpse65446dd.jpg

EDIT:
Oh, also the blade IS beveled, and the handguard is not glued on..It's just kinda..Sitting there lol I used shoe laces (as you see) to hold it together until the glue dries..I'm thinking of using black acrylic to make the black parts of the blade..Not the beveled sharp part, but well you know if you seen it..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:28:28 pm by JasonTerror »

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 03:22:48 pm »
I'm thinking of going as Silica! :D
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 04:46:34 pm »
I'm thinking of going as Silica! :D

YOU SOO SHOULD!!!!
If you do I want a pic!!

By the way guys:
http://sailor-jeimi.deviantart.com/art/Kirito-Spriggin-Sword-WIP-almost-done-343240984
So far, what do you all think?

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2012, 02:36:38 pm »
^ That looks good so far.

Can someone please assure me I wasn't the only one that cried during episode 25?

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2012, 03:08:43 pm »
Not anymore it doesn't..It broke..Do NOT do it the way i did..The glue actually came OFF!! and not the dowel is loose on one side..There's too much stuff in the way (I used spackle on it to fill the gap) and it makes it so I can't get into the craks without completely snapping the whole thing. I have to start all over again..This time I'm not using that retarded thin foam..

Offline @random

• Bunnygirl
    • Google+
    • Cosplay.com account, dreadfully outdated
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2012, 04:44:59 pm »
^^ No need to worry on that score, there were a ton of reasons to do so. (^_^)
This is my serious voice. Otherwise, I'm just another anime fan, not a moderator.

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 05:18:26 pm »
@Sailor - Ew.... At least you now know what NOT to do. I hope your next one turns out better.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 06:26:44 pm »
@Sailor - Ew.... At least you now know what NOT to do. I hope your next one turns out better.

Yea..oh well..I'm gonna see about thicker foam..I don't wanna use that but oh well lol

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012, 10:27:11 pm »
Well found out im gonna be stuck cosplaying season one Kirito since my brother ordered the cosplay for me for Christmas without my knowledge.

I don't even know how he got my measurements.....wdf.

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2012, 11:04:34 pm »
@ Sailor - Thicker foam might work. I know the foam board that you can get prints printed from Staples works. My mom used it for her Yuna staff in 2012. Of course, she doubled it up, so it was twice as think.

@ Bubble(I hope you don't mind me calling you that) - That's a great gift, in my opinion! I'd love cosplay for Christmas. But I'm *hopefully* getting some money to buy fabric and everything, so I guess that's technically getting cosplay for Christmas.  For how he got your measurements is also making me wonder as well . . .

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2012, 09:55:24 am »
@ Sailor - Thicker foam might work. I know the foam board that you can get prints printed from Staples works. My mom used it for her Yuna staff in 2012. Of course, she doubled it up, so it was twice as think.

@ Bubble(I hope you don't mind me calling you that) - That's a great gift, in my opinion! I'd love cosplay for Christmas. But I'm *hopefully* getting some money to buy fabric and everything, so I guess that's technically getting cosplay for Christmas.  For how he got your measurements is also making me wonder as well . . .

No no. Not for a huge sword..That stuff is very bad for huge weapons. The only thing you would need it on a staff for is that part on top..Where I ned it to hold up as an entire wide blade!!
I would use insulation foam it would look a lot like my cloud sword but obviously not that one lol

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2012, 01:54:51 am »
@Hikari: Lol, I don't mind being called Bubbles, dont worry. It is a good gift, just not when you change your mind about it! xD oh my, sorry for the late response though, been quite busy, but hopefully you were about to get the fabric and make a cosplay over Christmas! :<
/somehow feels violated

@Sailor; Did you change your username? (Sorry for the randomness LOL). If not, sorry I'm going crazy.

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2012, 10:34:43 am »
@Bubbles - lol. Okay, good. I get lazy a lot... Actually I did. Sorta. But I don't think I'll be able to make it all within the next 3 days I have before school starts again. =_= Meh. . . .

@Sailor - Ah, okay. I've actually used it for a huge weapon as well. It worked out awesome for me.  But that is your project and you can choose your own materials~ I just tried to help.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:37:50 am by Hikari-Alice »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2012, 11:10:40 am »
iBubbleTeax3, yes, you are not going crazy lol well not about the name anyway..you could still be crazy lol

Hikari-Alice, It's all good, no worries. I'll just try and see what happens

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 01:54:07 pm »
I love how we're the same three people blowing up this thread and the Final Fantasy 2013 thread. I'm laughing my butt off about it.

Anyways~, @Sailor - Okey dokey lokey~ I hope it works. Making a weapon over and over is frustrating. Didn't your username used to be Jasonterror or something among those lines? Also, did you get a new DA?

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 07:24:48 pm »
@Hikari: Ah, procrastination is a sin. D; . Well, work on when you can. I mean, the finish product is always best when it's worked on patiently? xD.. Man, I am not excited to start school again.

BTW; we're just keeping it cool and keeping the thread alive. xD

@Sailor: Alright, lol. I have some insanity here and there, but not completely crazy.

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 08:00:51 pm »
@Bubbles - But procrastinating mean more time for what I like! //whines

Okay. Guys. I'm in love. With Silica's ALO avatar. Because it's three things I love all in one place; my favorite character, cats, and blue. If I can start and finish her in ALO instead of SAO(because it's boring), I will definitely be there as her.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2012, 09:41:42 pm »
Hikari-Alice, yea I know..but it's ok. I love doing it so alother then making me super mad, it helps me improve. And yes that was my old name. It's an odd little story, but me and my studio partner were talking, and I realized how girly I am, one thing led to another and bam, I realized I wanna be a girl..I've always hid the real me behind being male for fear of judgement, but I'm finally out as a transgender, so I picked a name, Jeimi, and I love sailormoon stuff like crazy so....and yes the da in my Sig is my new one.

iBubbleTeax3, It's ok..we all are nuts..you're not alone lol

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2013, 05:24:58 pm »
I'm going to Sakuracon as Asuna and I might be coming to Kumoricon as her as well, possibly a different outfit. Or maybe even a different character. But I loved this series so I'd love to give another Character a go! (:

Hope to see you all there. (:
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2013, 02:36:56 pm »
Oh my, so many people! I was also planning on going as Asuna with my husband as Kirito, but since there is so many, I think maybe we'll do the school uniforms! As much as I love their SOA outfits, I'd really love to actually contribute to the group. I'd consider going with the Alfheim version, but I got my wig yesterday. : X Unless anyone knows how to dye wigs?

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2013, 07:49:55 pm »
^ There's link to how to Sharpie-dye wigs in the TTT. That's how I do it.

Offline OokamiYami

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2013, 12:00:43 am »
Oh my, so many people! I was also planning on going as Asuna with my husband as Kirito, but since there is so many, I think maybe we'll do the school uniforms! As much as I love their SOA outfits, I'd really love to actually contribute to the group. I'd consider going with the Alfheim version, but I got my wig yesterday. : X Unless anyone knows how to dye wigs?

You can use the acrylic ink and 70% isopropyl alcohol method to dye the wig. :) It's very easy.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2013, 12:16:14 am »

You can use the acrylic ink and 70% isopropyl alcohol method to dye the wig. :) It's very easy.
: D That actually sounds safe. Thank you! : D

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2013, 10:06:54 am »
Just ordered my wig. Let's see how this goes.
Got the Magnum XL from Arda. Obviously I have to do some cutting, but all the other wigs are too thin and I'm not good enough to put more wefts in lol

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2013, 05:39:20 pm »
Okay, so reflecting on my current plans, I probably will have no time in con(and at all) to be Silica in her ALO avatar like I want to this year. Next year(if I'm going) or maybe even next year's Sakura Con, most likely. But I will enjoy you guys' cosplay, though.

CHANGED MY MIND!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:25:57 pm by Hikari-Alice »

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2013, 09:55:31 pm »
http://sailor-jeimi.deviantart.com/art/Kirito-Spriggin-Cosplay-WIP-353003560?q=gallery%3Asailor-jeimi&qo=0

So far..
Still need:
-Finish my shoulder armor
-Boots
-Put the leg bands on the boot cuffs (already finished those)
-Add the boot armor (also finished those)
-Sword and belting for the shword

Offline Shotalicious

• Cabbit
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2013, 12:47:10 am »
I'm probably going to bring Casual Asuna from Saku. and maybe go through and actually make Asuna.

If I'm too lazy, I'll probably bring my Lizbeth for the photoshoot, atleast.

Offline kiritosword

• Oni
    • Cosplay Costumes and Props Online
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2013, 07:11:23 am »
Kirito ALO Spriggan Cosplay with black iron great sword, it would be so cool.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2013, 02:46:29 pm »

Like a REAL sword made of Iron? Yea, kool, but that would suck to carry lol

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 11:34:54 pm »

Like a REAL sword made of Iron? Yea, kool, but that would suck to carry lol
no, he just means ALO Kiritos sword, thats the actual name for it.
So anyways, I will be coming as a fusion ALO/ Mothers Rosario Kirito, and Maybe SAO version too. Depends on whether i can afford a replacement for my Elucidator which broke at Sakuracon.
DA:http://azuraschampion.deviantart.com/
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014, days may change
Day 0: Tifa Lockhart
Day 1: Ruby Rose
Day 2: Mother's Rosario Kirito/ Erza Scarlet
Day 3: Kuroyukihime/ Tifa Lockhart/ Secret cosplay
Day 4: Erza Scarlet

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 11:54:16 pm »
Thanks for the clarification. I really need to read up things lol
Anyway, I'm selling my Kirito to azura up there. Meaning I'll no longer be cosplaying him at this con, or any

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2013, 10:13:44 pm »
Hey Guys, I decided to do Underworld version of Kirito. After seeing so many default clones of him at Sakuracon, I decided not to use that outfit.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:15:11 pm by iBubbleTeax3 »

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2013, 11:32:54 pm »
yeah, ive decided to lay off Aincrad version till the SAO fad is over too. Only till theres not 200 Aincrad versions per con though. Luckily im planning on doing every version of him, so ill have plenty to do while i wait. Which underworld version  are you doing though? His clothes that he had on during Alicization beginning, or the swordsmanship academy uniform?

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2013, 07:02:40 am »
I plan on doing the Alicization beginning with a friend xD

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2013, 02:08:03 am »
>.> <.< okay... so since I have finished the series >.> <.<
I can now post here haha XD

I have a surprise for all of you, but I don't think I'll finish it this year >-< I hope to cosplay from this (definitely Asuna) but I will stay shoosh about it >-< Same with my husband. He wants to do Kirito, but due to me not having a job, we may not be able to cosplay this (together) until possibly next year T__T BUT I will have something! for sure! >3<

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2013, 02:31:57 pm »
awesome. by finished the series though, did you mean finished watching the anime, or read all the way up to the current light novel?

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2013, 02:53:04 pm »
sorry haha I meant the anime >3< not sure why I didn't specify *derp* i'm still working on the light novels :3

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2013, 07:27:49 pm »
Okay, guys. Lock me in as ALO Silica! I'm bringing her this year~

But should I make a Pina? It would be a lot of fun, but difficult. What do you guys think?

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2013, 10:53:49 pm »
the only reason why I EVER wanted to cosplay Silica WAS because I wanted to make Pina XD soooo there you go! haha

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2013, 01:47:55 am »
^^ yes yes a million times yes. Pina is awesome. And if we can get some more ALO versions here we can make the entire caliber raiding group, which would be amazing. Just need Klein, Lisbeth, Sinon, Lyfa and Asuna.

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2013, 06:56:24 am »
^ lol. That would be awesome~! I definitely want pictures as a group.

Since making Pina is an agreeable option for me(I've also asked a few of my friends), I'll be making her as well as my costume.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2013, 07:50:14 am »
I haven't decided yet but I might be bringing my Queen Titiana Asuna. (:

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2013, 08:40:44 pm »
fufufu >:3 I want to totally spoil the surprise because of your comment there azuratan XD but I won't <(^3^)v

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2013, 07:39:41 am »
@azura: Are you planning on wearing yours on Day 2? That's when I'd be wearing mine.

@luvan: I'm going to guess that your secret is one of the few he listed?

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2013, 12:27:23 pm »
Yeah i will be. I always wear Kirito on the busiest day. And i bet so too. In fact id be willing to bet she'll be Undine Asuna.

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2013, 12:45:31 pm »
Haha. That's what I was thinking, too. I've only seen one Undine Asuna, and that was on the internet. I like how some versions of characters are more popular than others, so you can choose which one you want to do. Like, in my case, I've only seen a couple Silica cosplayers in her red outfit. I haven't seen any in her Cait Sith outfit. That's what helped me decide what I wanted to do. Besides the fact she's my favorite and she's really adorable~ ^_^"

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2013, 12:09:55 am »
you guys are so hard to keep surprises from haha XD

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2013, 07:43:37 am »
I think I may be forcing my friend to dress as either Lyfa or Asuna (Queen Titana version) and I'll be wearing the other one. This would probably only be for around the photoshoot and maybe a private photoshoot (Azura, do you wanna join us? (: )

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2013, 02:58:02 pm »
@luvan: yeah good luck keeping any SAO related secrets from me. if you give any hint no matter how small, ill figure it out.
@ichigo: yeah id love to.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2013, 03:34:28 pm »
well yeah :P I basically gave it away up there hahah XD I suck at keeping my own secrets XD mostly cuz I'm too excited to keep it bottled up @.@ I go crazy if I don't let SOMEONE know XD just please don't spread it around ;~; I still don't want others to know T__T

Offline hotarukk13

• Sailor Scout
    • Google+
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2013, 09:07:47 am »
I plan on doing the Alicization beginning with a friend xD
-VERY LATE I SCOTTY-
I'll be Euego~ That blonde bastard  QwQ

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2013, 11:26:08 am »
Eugeo!! I have got to get a picture with the 2 of you. Especially since im planning on doing an alicization cosplay myself sometime in 2014.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2013, 08:09:02 pm »
So i think its probably around time we start deciding what time and day and location to have for this shoot. This is my first time going to Kumoricon, so i dont know any of the areas. id say sunday at noon  at for day and time though.

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2013, 08:35:43 pm »
I would prefer Day 2, not sure what time yet. At this point, I don't even know if I'll be still able to do ALO Silica. I'll try though. Maybe minus the Pina. I was thinking of having a flower and a feather, but I realized it was the wrong outfit for that.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2013, 04:14:03 pm »
I have to say day 2 as well because that's when I plan on wearing my costume. And a good place would be around the tower or the stage area in the park. I can't say what time yet due to me hosting panels so I'll vote on that later :3

Also, I may or may not be able to cosplay this year, I have my wig, but I don't have the funds to make my costume due to my job not giving me enough hours... :(

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2013, 06:41:02 am »
Day 2 for me as well please! :D Preferably in the morningish. (:

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2013, 10:48:50 am »
I'll throw my vote in for Day 2 as well, to help us move towards a consensus. :)

It's my first Kumoricon too, so I leave the location up to someone who hopefully knows a good spot.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2013, 11:02:30 am »
I'll throw my vote in for Day 2 as well, to help us move towards a consensus. :)

It's my first Kumoricon too, so I leave the location up to someone who hopefully knows a good spot.

Finally joined the kumoricon forums huh? welcome! 

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2013, 11:06:34 am »

Finally joined the kumoricon forums huh? welcome!

Yup, it's great to have forum continuity. :)

Offline Hikari-Alice

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2013, 05:16:24 pm »
Okay, I have decided to drop Silica for this year because my parents are gave me a small budget this year and I can't really afford her to sneak her into my plans. Sorry guys, I really want to join you in SAO cosplay. I just can't this year.

Offline Shotalicious

• Cabbit
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2013, 12:12:21 am »
Plans changed on this end as well.

Will now bet attending as SAO Kirito and bringing with me Asuna, Silica, Yui, Lizbeth and a possible Klein(he's real flippy floppy though).

Also, had the idea of doing a potluck/picnic at some point before or after the photo shoot was done with. It wouldn't be just SAO cosplayers, just fans all hanging out and having a nice lunch together or something? Dunno, my Asuna and I haven't really planned it out. We did it a few years back after a Pokemon photo shoot and brought chocolate cake and it was just nice and enjoyable hang out down time haha.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2013, 03:45:18 pm »
okay so i think we've settled on day 2, so we just need to pick a location. I've never been to Kumoricon before, so someone who has should try to come up with one.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2013, 07:31:30 pm »
Random Fact:
Sword Art Online's starts on cartoon network next month, on Toonami 
Natalie Hoover (animegurrl I think on here), a former Kumoricon attendee, went to LA to get into the voice acting biz,
and will be one of the voices on the English dubbing, voicing Yolko.
Woot for the home team!

superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2013, 07:34:50 pm »
The park near the Hilton seems to be the most popular place for shoots. There's a clocktower within spitting distance of the Hilton that seems to be popular for photoshoots. We could have that as the meetup spot unless anyone has a better idea. Unless anyone has any objections, let's aim for 1 o clock at the clock tower on Sunday/Day 2? I'll make a post in the official photoshoot thread if everybody feels good about it.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2013, 09:10:22 pm »
sounds good to me. for the time though i think we should do 2 pm, since attack on titan is going for noon there, and since thats so outrageously popular right now it might take them more than an hour to clear out.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 09:13:49 pm by Azuraschampion »

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2013, 10:11:20 pm »
Hmm, on inspection of the photoshoot thread, it seems the Attack on Titan group is for Day 1, not Day 2, so the timing is pretty free and clear for Sunday currently.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:15:33 pm by meb9000 »

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2013, 11:25:25 pm »
oh right nvm, temporarily forgot that saturday is day 1 for this. alright, 1 works for me.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2013, 07:38:30 am »
Sounds good to me! (:

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2013, 11:01:18 pm »
darn. I am attending the Korra pro-bending tournament so I may not be able to make it to the shoot now if it's at 1pm >3> bleh. I hope the schedule doesn't stay like that T__T

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2013, 05:22:47 pm »
What is the scheduled time of your event? I suppose nothing's set in stone at this point, we could always change the requested time. It's still gonna be Sunday/Day 2, but perhaps the time can change.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2013, 07:59:48 pm »
Hey, I just noticed that the person who made this thread hasn't made a single post since the first day it was made, and they haven't been on since November. So we need someone to run this shoot. I can do it, if everyone else is ok with that.

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2013, 08:49:58 pm »
That sounds just grand. That'll make for some nice continuity between Kumoricon's and SakuraCon's SAO shoots :)

Offline Karu

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2013, 05:41:22 am »
So, basically, I'm hearing for day two on the shoot. Which would be awesome, since I have a Madoka Magica shoot to be at the following day. ><
2015 Cosplay List~!
Serah Farron-FFXIII-2
Kirin Armor-Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Marielle-Log Horizon

Badge Name: Itaksuke

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2013, 02:19:09 am »
yeah... I just noticed that too azura lol
You should run it, just in case if the person doesn't start posting next month. JUST in case XD

I'll have to check the scheduling once it's 100%. But I think I may not even come to the shoot anymore, because my funds for my Asuna outfit are no more :( my job fired me for a misunderstanding, and they are trying to rehire me at another of their locations atm, but I haven't worked in over 2 weeks... Me and my husband are having issues sooo heh may not be able to attend with any cosplays other than my wig for Asuna that I have XD I could just do casual Undine Asuna >3> which nobody sees in the anime XD

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2013, 11:17:54 am »
ok i will. I doubt they'll care even if they do come back, being gone that long, its only natural we'd get someone else to do it.

Offline Shotalicious

• Cabbit
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2013, 04:12:17 pm »
Just make sure you know where the place is, since this is your first year and all, don't want a leader who doesn't know where they are.

a search party for a popular character would get a little ridiculous too.

Offline luvan1me

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2013, 06:27:48 pm »
lol I think Azura should be fine lol XD it's not that hard to find the photoshoot locations XD unlike when we were in dowtown P x.x

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2013, 08:28:20 pm »
yeah ill be able to find it. First thing im gonna do on friday when we arrive is go make sure i know where it is.

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2013, 09:44:31 pm »
The clock tower is hideously easy to find, it is literally across the street from the front of the Hilton there. If you do a google maps street view when viewing the Hilton, you can turn the screen 180 degrees and see the clock tower in the park right there. :)

Offline Shotalicious

• Cabbit
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2013, 11:21:09 pm »
Wait wait wait... Have we even decided on the location yet?

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2013, 02:06:53 am »
yeah about a week or 2 ago. The clocktower in the park, 1 pm.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2013, 10:06:00 pm »
Hey, so since i went and got all the SAO songs, i thought id bring them, and hook it up to my friends speakers hes bringing so we can enjoy some music at the shoot.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2013, 10:35:08 pm »
Thanks for asking first..lol

No I'm kidding you can.
I don't know if the kh or Square stuff will interfere with this though so if it does I guess I'll miss it so don't break it lol

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2013, 11:59:28 pm »
i did ask.. while you were over at my house, remember?

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2013, 09:53:43 pm »
Hey, so since i went and got all the SAO songs, i thought id bring them, and hook it up to my friends speakers hes bringing so we can enjoy some music at the shoot.

That seems really sweet, that'll make for some nice atmosphere for the shoot. I was thinking of visiting the Attack on Titan photoshoot on Saturday and doing the same thing, since their Season 1 opener is just about the most epic anime music ever. :)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2013, 10:27:15 pm »
Eh, I don't remember you asking..Maybe you meant to, didn't, and thought you did..Idk..Doesn't matter anyway, I already said you can on here lol Plus, Doe's Square stuff is all day 1, so day 2 is open all day untill the Madoka night shoot.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2013, 06:45:49 am »
With the schedule out it looks like I may or may not be able to make it because of the cosplay contest. /:
I hope I can make it in time, but I don't know when pre-judging is or when I would need to get into my costume. /:

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2013, 02:03:24 pm »
From the looks of the schedule, judging starts at 11 am on Sunday, so we can only hope you are able to be judged early on in the process so that you can get on over to the photoshoot. We'll just have to see what happens!

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2013, 02:59:31 pm »
oh damn, thats too bad. Isnt that the time we had set for our private photoshoot? Id think judging would finish by 1 though.Hope you can make it to this.  We'll probably have to reschedule the private photoshoot though.

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2013, 08:08:06 pm »
Our private shoot is fine Kevin. (:

I'm hoping that after our shoot I can change, get judged then change back to Asuna and come to the shoot.
The only thing is I don't know when I need to be there before the contest considering seating starts at 3 and I would think they would want us there before then.
We'll see once I get more info about the contest. (:

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2013, 10:08:34 pm »
Ok good. Who are you entering the cosplay contest with?

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2013, 07:55:53 am »
My friend WinryRockbell27. (:

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2013, 10:19:01 am »
oh no, what i meant was, which character are you entering it with?

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2013, 11:44:11 am »
Ohhh! Sakura from Tsubasa! (:

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2013, 02:34:28 pm »
Oh cool. Good luck!

Offline stormmink

• Oni
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2013, 05:18:35 pm »
Hello! Do we have a Silica yet? I'm going to hopefully finish my Silica for Kumoricon, so I would love to go to the shoot!

The clock tower at 1pm right? Just making sure since there's a lot of posts up there owo

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
    • My no-frills SAO/fanfic/language-geek page
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2013, 05:52:29 pm »
I'm not going to have a costume ready for this con, but I am definitely up for just hanging out with other SAO fans, particularly since I don't know anyone at Kumoricon. Bonus if you read or write fanfic, are familiar with the LNs, or are just on a hunt for merch. XD

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2013, 08:05:37 pm »
Nope no Silica yet! Ill be glad to have both of you. Especially you, Amezuki, since ive never met anyone else in person thats read the light novels. Ill finally have someone to talk to about them. As for merch, ive probably got one of the biggest SAO collections in the US, and im always looking for more cool stuff. And i have SAO cards ill be passing out to everyone that comes to this so look forward to that.

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2013, 08:54:35 pm »
Awesome, yes, let's chat. XD I'm not quite fluent enough to read the original LNs unaided, but I've read all the translations and done a tremendous amount of research for fic. For what it's worth, I've worked in IT all my life, played MMOs both solo and in an endgame raiding guild, and have some game development experience--so I've certainly got no shortage of SAO-related perspectives to discuss with people. XD

Speaking of fic, anyone else read or write SAO fanfic?

Anyway, I'm trying to get Friday off (likely) so I'll probably be driving down from the Seattle area early Friday, getting checked in (across the water), and then driving (or, if I can find people, carpooling) over to the con hotel. I'm not going to want to commute back and forth to my hotel a lot so I'll probably be spending as much time at the con as possible until Sunday when I head back.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2013, 09:20:22 pm »
Awesome. Yeah, same here, i cant read Japanese well enough to read the LN untranslated, but ive read absolutely everything available SAO related, the side stories and the LN all the way up through 12.
 my MMO experience is limited to Runescape, which i stopped playing around 6 years ago when i was 15, Mabinogi and DFO, and since my friends i play with always lose interest within a month or 2, ive never gotten to endgame, but more than enough to understand everything in SAO.
Im afraid im not much for fanfics, unless they're in keeping with the themes and ideals of the characters and original story, and they rarely are.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:21:10 pm by Azuraschampion »

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2013, 09:40:16 pm »
Oh tell me about it, the average quality level of SAO fics is... not great. It goes with the setting: it's like the perfect universe for people to go "here is my self-insert OC and this is why they are special", because really, anyone in Japan could've been among the 10,000. The SAO section on FFN is flooded with stories like that, which makes it that much harder to find the ones that are truly worth reading.

I do have one ongoing which is reasonably popular, an AU re-imagining of what would've happened if SAO (as in, the death game) had been set in Alfheim rather than Aincrad, with the different factions having to compete for who clears the game first. Should anyone get curious: http://ayashi.net/foo/sao/

I still need to catch up on the last volume or so of Alicization, but other than that I'm right there with you. I never played those games, but I spent a lot of years in EQ2, a few of which were spent raiding three times a week all evening. That was fun, but never again. XD

I'm afraid my collection of SAO merch is woefully, painfully small. My favorite is probably my «Immortal Object» t-shirt, which I'll probably be wearing if I'm not in a costume, but I also managed to get the convention-exclusive wall scroll autographed by Kawahara when he was at Sakura-Con, which was kind of awesome.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:04:11 pm by Amezuki »

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2013, 09:50:52 pm »
It's awesome that you could join us as Silica, Amezuki. Looking forward to seeing you at the Sunday photoshoot!

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2013, 09:52:31 pm »
What? I think there's been some confusion; I'm not cosplaying Silica. That would be... slightly creepy. XD

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2013, 09:55:03 pm »
Yeah, i got that one and had it signed too, as well as my copy of SAO vol 1. Since he's my favorite author, Sakuracon was amazing for me. I even got to sit right next to him at the SAO concert.
Your fanfic definitely sounds interesting, ill have to read that after im done rereading the LN for character study for my cosplays.
Ive got an idea as to whats going to happen after Alicization id love to discuss with you, but if im right, itll be major spoilers, so ill save that for in person.
Lol, 2 separate posts meb.

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2013, 09:55:25 pm »
Oops my bad I looked at the wrong user name ><

Stormmink, looking forward to seeing ya....

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2013, 10:03:04 pm »

No worries, I only wish I *could* put together any SAO costume in time. I have this one idea, but it revolves around actually crafting a NerveGear helmet prop to wear, and that's an ambitious project that I'm not willing to tackle half-assed.

AC, I just noticed in your sig that you're cosplaying the MR version of Kirito (or some fusion thereof). That is one of my favorites of his avatars. Which elements are you using from each?

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2013, 10:14:10 pm »

No worries, I only wish I *could* put together any SAO costume in time. I have this one idea, but it revolves around actually crafting a NerveGear helmet prop to wear, and that's an ambitious project that I'm not willing to tackle half-assed.

AC, I just noticed in your sig that you're cosplaying the MR version of Kirito (or some fusion thereof). That is one of my favorites of his avatars. Which elements are you using from each?

Yes, that version is gonna be way awesome..I'm the one making the ALO parts of it for him lol
I also made him 2 swords..This one:
http://terrorcommissions.deviantart.com/art/Kirito-s-Sword-from-Sword-Art-online-LN-391105256
And Holy Sword Excalibur, which is almost done.

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2013, 10:25:44 pm »
Oh very nice work. I recognized the profile of the sword immediately even just from the few illustrations there are.

Those two swords will definitely help set this Kirito apart.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2013, 10:46:22 pm »
Yeah, mainly the Only things making it Mothers Rosario are the swords, maybe the hair? Depends on how weird ALO versions hair looks on me. At the length the wig currently is, my sister said it made me look like Zack fair lol. If it still looks weird after jeimi here cuts it to fit, im just going to go with his hair from the mothers rosario version. I wanted to do a complete fusion, with fur around the collar, and removing the armor, but then i got invited to do a private photoshoot with my friend as Titania Asuna, so im keeping it simple.

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2013, 10:53:01 pm »
Yeah the collar fur and the hair are definitely the best features of the MR version. I don't really like the spikiness of the ALO hair that much. But hey, Kirito is Kirito. XD

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2013, 10:58:38 pm »
After that, azura, I can alter it. I have a little fur if you wanna have me add it to the ALO collar.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2013, 11:00:55 pm »
Yeah thats true. Im planning doing a full mothers rosario version for Sakuracon 2015, so quite a ways off, but still. Shouldnt even be that hard or expensive since i already have the swords, so maybe even Akicon 2014.
Ooh yeah, definitely.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2013, 11:05:51 pm »
Yeah thats true. Im planning doing a full mothers rosario version for Sakuracon 2015, so quite a ways off, but still. Shouldnt even be that hard or expensive since i already have the swords, so maybe even Akicon 2014.
Ooh yeah, definitely.

Wait, wait..I said I can do Sinon's ALO avatar remember..Isn't Mother's rosario where she has the Caist Sith Archer avatar? The pic of Excalibur you showed me is HER holding it..Doesn't that make her part of that Arc? If so, I would love to be your Sinon for that.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2013, 11:22:47 pm »
No, thats the Jotunheim raid, About a week or 2 before Mothers Rosario starts, if ive got the the timeline down correctly, which im pretty sure i do. Since he is wearing the same equipment as Mothers Rosario except for Excalibur, its essentially the same version. Like I said Earlier, when im do that version im going to try and get the full raid group together, Kirito, Asuna, Lyfa, Silica, Klein, Lisbeth and Sinon, all in their ALO versions. http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/5/5a/Sword_Art_Online_Vol_08_-_004-005.jpg

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2013, 11:25:54 pm »
Oh, well since it's basically the same thing, and Kirito is wearing the same thing anyway, then I will do that version. I like it better.

Plus, it gives me a reason to wear kitty years

Idk though, that version of Silica is aweful cute lol
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:27:12 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2013, 11:29:26 pm »
Now you're really making me wish I'd gotten anywhere with that Klein costume. Oh well. Maybe Sakura 2014.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2013, 11:33:50 pm »
Yeah, Mothers Rosario is Asuna's story, so even Kirito only appears for a few paragraphs. Speaking of Silica though, I need to get a Pina so i can get an adorable picture of Kirito sleeping with Pina and Yui snuggling with him.
And amezuki, I was looking at the who should i cosplay thread, and i think you might make a good Agil.

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2013, 11:39:14 pm »
You're pulling my leg, right? I'm pale white with long hair, average height and build. I'm like the anti-Agil. XD

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2013, 11:42:55 pm »
Klein might work pretty well if thats the case.  But skin color doesnt make any difference. From the pictures you seemed pretty tall though. You look like one of my friends, and hes 6'3. 

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2013, 11:53:30 pm »
Oh, no way, I'm like five-eight and about 175. It's the suit photo. That actually makes me look my age, whereas I'll be shaving for con and will probably look like a different person 10 years younger. Especially if I end up doing that Tseng we were discussing in that thread.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2013, 12:00:24 am »
Ah. Have you read or watched Accel World by any chance? If not, you should if your a big SAO fan.

Offline Amezuki

• Cabbit
« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2013, 12:08:17 am »
You know, I tried, I just ended up dropping it mainly because I found the MC fundamentally unlikeable. I might give it another chance sometime. I just have so much anime right now~

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2013, 12:35:53 am »
Yeah, thats what happens to most people. Haruyuki fools them into thinking he'll be a whiny little runt the entire time. His character progression is all the better for it though. The first episode almost did that to me too, but luckily i told myself  to give it one more chance.

Offline Shotalicious

• Cabbit
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2013, 04:34:31 pm »
Nope no Silica yet!

I posted saying I'd have a Silica with me but whatever not like it matters anyways, haha.

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2013, 07:27:22 pm »
Oh, sorry about that. I was just going off my memory of whether anyone who posted was going as her or not. Since you werent going as her yourself, didnt remember it.

Offline stormmink

• Oni
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2013, 01:24:48 am »
Ahh I just remembered I signed up for costume construction judging for the contest, I hope it is a workable time that'll still let me go to the photoshoot!

Offline meb9000

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2013, 05:44:38 pm »
That's at least a couple of people conflicted by the costume judging, I too hope that those involved will still be able to join us!

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2013, 10:25:23 pm »
yeah i hope everyone can make it. So anyways, this will be my last time on the internet, so ill see everyone at the con. See you in a couples days. :)

Offline Roget

• Cabbit
    • Facebook
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2013, 04:48:59 pm »

Offline stormmink

• Oni
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2013, 06:00:16 pm »
Ahh I don't know if anyone's still going to check this but I was the Silica at the meetup/photoshoot! :D Has anyone found any pictures from the shoot yet?

Offline Azuraschampion

• Chibi
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2013, 07:25:41 pm »

Offline stormmink

• Oni
« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2013, 05:09:57 pm »
Ahhh thank you so much, they all look great! I suppose I can't tag myself but that's alright xD This was actually the first meetup I've ever been to, thanks for making it awesome everyone! :D

Offline Twitch

• Cabbit
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2013, 07:31:33 pm »
All my photos from the photoshoot

http://imgur.com/a/YLebn