Author Topic: For those who post Kumoricon videos  (Read 2613 times)

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
For those who post Kumoricon videos
« on: September 22, 2012, 10:04:37 pm »
For those here who post videos from Kumoricon, have you had moments where you uploaded some stuff you were excited to share and felt frustrated when no one watched them?

The reason why I ask is because I have a history of con clips that just get ignored. I've been posting videos from various conventions for five years and have hundreds on my page, yet only a small portion of them get watched, even though much of what I post is content that many anime fans would like. For example, I have a library of clips from VA panels and even though there so many clips exactly like mine that have thousands of views, most of the ones on my page tend to get ignored.

I'm not trying to brag or claim to have better videos than everyone else and I'm not jealous of other people whose stuff is more popular than mine. It's just frustrating when you've had so many occasions where you were excited about sharing videos with other people and no one watches them.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me and I'm aware that this happens with a lot of YouTube clips, but when you have a page as big as my channel, it seems like it'd be an exception. I've made a few attempts to get more views by linking some of the videos to other sites, but that doesn't always work either.

And it's especially frustrating when you find another video that's massively popular and when you watch it, it's rather lame.
For example: There was a video posted from a con I went to last year (which I'll keep anonymous) that was just clips of random cosplayers dancing to a song and people acted like it was the greatest thing they had seen. I'm not jealous of the person who made that clip and I never feel that other videos are keeping anyone from watching mine. But when you post something that you really feel a lot of people who attended the con (along with many other fans) are going to like, and they're more interested in something that's a total no-brainer, it adds to it.
And so far, I posted a ton of videos from Kumoricon this year and despite some of them being from guest panels and others involving creative improv stories and strong discussions, all of them have under fifty views (with many being under ten), unless you count the slide show.

If anyone has any good tips on getting more people to watch your stuff, feel free to let me know.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:18:56 pm by PaladinCecil79 »

Offline Chromophobic

• Catgirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: For those who post Kumoricon videos
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 10:52:32 pm »
I know the feeling, bro. I've been posting Kumo vids since 2010. All of them only get from 60 to 200 views.

I think it's mainly that people who've attended Kumoricon look for more of photos of Kumoricon, rather then videos (unless they expect to see someone who has filmed them at a panel er something post it).

Though this doesn't include videographers who film cosplayers with awesome dramatic effects and smooth flowing angles (i.e: Acksonl, whenwasthistaken, mamuro5254, and many others). I find those videos have their own category. XP

Some tips could be that a good quality video (no shakiness, no blurriness, sounds clear, etc.) could attract viewers, maybe good editing, and possibly a good song with an intro or something. ^^

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 10:56:42 pm »
Create a video post for everyone's videos on forums of the con you went to and provide your links as well.  Share the links on facebook/networking sites without spamming it.  Personally, I love videos and searches don't show all of them unless you search key words.

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 01:28:11 am »
princess_of_zeal: A video topic is a good idea. I'll start doing that more often. I plan to start sharing more links to them on my Facebook page. I just haven't figured out how I want to do it yet.
One thing that I do do is give a link to my YouTube page and tell people to keep checking back for several days along with posting updates.
If my Internet hadn't been down for more than a week, I would've posted my Kumoricon videos after I got home.
For anyone who hasn't seen my page, you can view it at http://www.youtube.com/user/paladincecil
It includes videos from panels involving The Slants and Sonny Strait and also has some stuff from the first Final Fantasy photoshoot and the Story Story Die and Anime Debate panels.

A couple of examples over the lack of views are here:

From one of Sonny Strait's panels:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mUiBtjYmwk

Anime Debate panel about Soul and Maka:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-a_sxkcX3s