Author Topic: choji armor lost or stolen  (Read 4223 times)

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
choji armor lost or stolen
« on: September 21, 2012, 02:58:06 pm »
There was a suit of armor made by my friend at the convention who cosplays as choji.  that armor was either taken or stolen either way I want it returned. Please contact me if you have any information regarding the armor.

The armor was hand forged and would codt quite a bit to replace plus the emotional value.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 05:11:38 pm by kylite »
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
Re: choji armor lost or stolen
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 05:31:11 pm »
Was it taken at the day 2 naruto photoshoot or was it taken later?  The culprit could have been caught in the background of an image which may help you track them down.

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 11:20:52 pm »
Thanks Kylite for throwing this down. It really warms my heart that people are taking part in tryiong to help with my armor despite my pesimism on the subject. To be as helpful as I can with the description of how it all went down in hopes that it'll help with the effort.

Day 3 around noon I put my armor down to strike a pose and get a couple numbers by the main clocktower in the park and, not five minutes later I turned back to find someone had taken my armor and done off with it. I heard from several firsthand accounts that the person who had taken my armor had, in fact, been wearing it afterward getting notoriety. The police report was filed roughly three hours later and it was about then that I was encouraged by the lovely Con Staff to stop looking, as I was at the point of breaking down and had been moving about for some time and was getting shaky and more depressed than angry about things, not having had sufficient food drink or sleep all con. And we all know how that goes.

The chances of getting a picture of the culprit are gonna be rare at best at this point and I'm inclined to believe that this armor was taken more for the raw material of metal than the armor piece itself despite the quality of it. More than likely it was a crime of spite than greed. I try not to make enemies but on Day 3 as the Oxfest was moving in there were a lot of less than kosher people moving around trying to make the rest of con less fun for us con goers.
Cosplay Progress:
Akimichi Chouji: 90%
Big Macintosh: 20%

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 08:34:24 am »
Do you have a picture of the  armor? We can keep or eyes peeled at other events just in cases someone tries wearing it or selling at a different event
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Acheron

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 08:42:56 pm »
...I'm inclined to believe that this armor was taken more for the raw material of metal than the armor piece itself despite the quality of it. More than likely it was a crime of spite than greed.

I don't know if this will make you feel better at all, but I'm sure whoever stole your armor only saw some sheet metal that they could pawn. I very highly doubt it was a spite-motivated crime towards you personally or con-goers in general.
Kumoricon 2014:

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 06:24:52 pm »
I feel about the same way. I think someone from the oxfest or some guy not havin a good day took it cause he couldn't stand seeing other people have so much fun. That said he did parade around in my armor the rest of the day and I was more shaken up from the firsthand accounts of having seen this dude in my armor pawning himself off as me having let him use my armor instead of him as he actually did: Stealing it.
Cosplay Progress:

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 08:38:57 pm »
I feel about the same way. I think someone from the oxfest or some guy not havin a good day took it cause he couldn't stand seeing other people have so much fun. That said he did parade around in my armor the rest of the day and I was more shaken up from the firsthand accounts of having seen this dude in my armor pawning himself off as me having let him use my armor instead of him as he actually did: Stealing it.

Thats kinda what I think happened. Not just cuz I'd liek to think most attendees are better then doing something like that. 
All we can do is keep an eye open, also might check ebay or other cosplay selling site, just in case some one trys to sell it, (I have heard about people finding stolen stuff online) Even if the guy pawns and the store buys it if its found (I think) it has to be returned, this is why the police report is important to have.

Also Hi, I think we met at con I was at the VIP reg booth, I think at one point my brother and I reminded you to drink water whenever you can cuz we were next to a giant fancy water dispencer, if you had the big mac patch
I was just telling my brother and he said---- well can't say exactly on a public forum but we both very sorry that happened

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 01:08:43 pm »
Ya I had the patch. next year, with luck, I'll have the full yoke so people won't have to star uncomfortably at my flank to figure out if I'm a pony or not XD

Thanks always for the hydration reminders. I, of all people, know how quick one runs out their internal water supply at kcon.

Ya I get that. Maybe we could chill some time depending on where you're based ^^ It's always nice to hang out with con goers outside of Con and good to have friends even when I don't know about them XP
Cosplay Progress:

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 02:29:48 pm »
Well everyone, thanks a bunch for what time was put into the search and whatnot but, at this point, I'm pretty sure I don't stand much of a chance of getting my armor back. Again, thank you all so very much and best of wishes. Maybe some year I'll be able to come back with a new set of armor or something but, how things are right now, that probably won't be for some time.

Thanks a Bunch
Cosplay Progress:

Offline GregAtlas

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 12:17:46 am »
Don't give up yet. There is still the chance the culprit will be stupid enough to show up wearing it next year.
Kaito - 99% done
Blitzcrank - 40% done
Darkrai - 90% done

Offline ObiJay

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 10:05:14 pm »
That's a frighteningly strong possibility actually, especially since he was wearing it around and saying you let him borrow it. He probably doesn't realize that he'd have the wrath of an entire convention come down on him if he shows up in it.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 09:20:33 pm »
That's a frighteningly strong possibility actually, especially since he was wearing it around and saying you let him borrow it. He probably doesn't realize that he'd have the wrath of an entire convention come down on him if he shows up in it.

This

Offline Tankou001

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 05:45:18 pm »
Thanks for the support everyone but I'll believe it when i see it. I'm not going to get myself all caught up in expectations of getting it back all the same, though I'd probably cry with glee if I got it back
Cosplay Progress: